Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Time Jump implementation re: Summit etc etc  (Read 1097 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Time Jump implementation re: Summit etc etc
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:56:56 AM »

For the time jump, there are two stories that will be needed to be completed first. Both of those involve the Dread and their crews.

1/ The Zulu station will be cleared by Sheppard and SG4. This was a pre-planned scenario and we will finish it.

2/ Once that has been wrapped, the Dread will proceed to the alpha site. There are two main themes here that will need to be finalised. One will be Mike Jaworski's story with Chalmers, that might take several post. The Second will be the organisation of the teams who are going to Atlantis, which will involve Sheppard and Chalmers. Those two sub plots finished, we will then proceed to the time jump.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
Re: Time Jump implementation re: Summit etc etc
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:38:31 AM »

I have a plot with Linde's father's visit to the SGC. It will occur a couple of days after the diplomatic party gets back from the El'dari reception. How will that fit in? It could be fairly important.
Robert Laurel

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »

For the time jump, there are two stories that will be needed to be completed first. Both of those involve the Dread and their crews.

1/ The Zulu station will be cleared by Sheppard and SG4. This was a pre-planned scenario and we will finish it.

2/ Once that has been wrapped, the Dread will proceed to the alpha site. There are two main themes here that will need to be finalised. One will be Mike Jaworski's story with Chalmers, that might take several post. The Second will be the organisation of the teams who are going to Atlantis, which will involve Sheppard and Chalmers. Those two sub plots finished, we will then proceed to the time jump.

I take it Chalmers isnt actully going to Atlantis?
Clone Troopers - The Same Man All Trying To Be Different
Storm Troopers - Different Men All Trying To Be The Same

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »

Whatever gave you that idea Bowsy? No she's not at all.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

The Second will be the organisation of the teams who are going to Atlantis, which will involve Sheppard and Chalmers.

That did. it could mean one of two things.
Either both are involved in the organisation or both are going.
Clone Troopers - The Same Man All Trying To Be Different
Storm Troopers - Different Men All Trying To Be The Same

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

he will be transferred with the others and I suspect via the Dreadnought as per Mandi's request. All new Atlantis personnel, that is Agaothon, Turcotte, O'Neil and Collins will go with Sheppard and whoever else he is taking. Some time after this week time jump, we will be writing up that the Dread called into the alpha site, anyone who wishes to post there from the ship can do so; then the Dread will be heading towards Pegasus

This is what Mel PMed me for my Jon Agathon character. That's what gonna be the plan I suppose now that I understand it. Chalmers will be staying with the Alpha Site. Hope it helps  :)
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

It's merely a discussion or planned discussion between Sheppard and Chalmers. You need to look at the whole context of the paragraph rather than pick out an isolated statement :lol:
Far Dareis Mai

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »

Well, then I guess there's no point sticking around until next year. I'll have Ares poke me when y'all are finally done with this.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:30:08 PM »

Yeah I guess we need to hurry then to the summit  :fp
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »

Actually there is Maahes. You could create a human character for either the SGC or Atlantis and get involved there, might help speed some things up a bit, especially from the Earth side.

Can't be helped, really guys what do we expect people to do?
Far Dareis Mai

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »

If I had created an SGC character before all of this, they would most likely be stuck on a ship or on a station, with nothing to do. There'd be no character development because there would be no actions, nor would enough time have passed to reflect on wtf just happened. In other words, I'd be left exactly where I presently am, without the ability to go back and time and explore other characters in my own faction. I have exhausted pretty much every option there is to be engaged in the RP, but so far the main plotline has nary moved an inch. I am at the helm of a faction in Atlantis, but that RP is at a standstill until Mandi has the ability to come back at full strength. To dive in now would only serve to create more headache as Mandi is forced to post just to move the Atlantis RP along. It wouldn't be fair. And I won't create an SG character because of the aforementioned time constraints. I don't like to create characters I have no ability to develop in the present and into the future. Plus, there is more than enough earth representation amongst the board's toons.

Again, I moved my plotline along to service those who said they wanted to be engaged elsewhere. I obliged. I am simply asking for the same courtesy, since the storylines at hand seem to only involve a small portion of members and are preventing everyone else from moving forward.

Zulu began in August/September of last year. To say you still need to wrap things up is beyond ridiculous, especially considering your desired ramifications of allowing the plague to escape. There comes a point in time that, as a writer, you have to throw your hands up and admit that the pacing is completely gone. I understand you have some sort of finale in mind, but that ship has long since passed. The thread is winding down, you've followed the three major arcs of the storyline, and to add another is unnecessary. Sometimes a liberal use of flashbacks and hints/references of immediate-past events is best for dealing with a stagnant storyline.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »

Your concerns are quite valid Maahes and none of us as either Administrators or Moderators have any issue with that. That the pacing of the story lines have at times either stagnated or slowed down, is purely due to the ability of folks being able to post when they can and as often as we all would like them to.

As for the request for you (and others) to create a human character for either SG1 or Atlantis, that is in fact a part of our rules which all of the 'enemy' faction members except Ares has chosen to ignore. See note eleven. That should be expanded to read 'any Earth aligned character'. The activity of the character you create, would be entirely up to you; we have for quite some time wanted exploratory SG teams out there and I am sure they would be as busy as you could imagine.

I will propose this though to help speed things along. If the players concerned are agreeable aboard the Dreadnought are willing to write it up as done, a quick synopsis of what occurred in that last sortie aboard Zulu station- we can then move the ship immediately to the Alpha site. Having done that, we can restrict the final play out to a required number of posts for each member involved. Does that sound fair enough to you?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

I will propose this though to help speed things along. If the players concerned are agreeable aboard the Dreadnought are willing to write it up as done, a quick synopsis of what occurred in that last sortie aboard Zulu station- we can then move the ship immediately to the Alpha site. Having done that, we can restrict the final play out to a required number of posts for each member involved. Does that sound fair enough to you?

I will second that...  :poke

No offense to anyone, but I want to get this done soon. The Dreadnaught part cause I think we all know whats gonna happen in the end anyways...  :lipsrsealed:

Character List

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »

Ah, yes, the time jump. Obviously I am in favor.

Regarding the Eldari, essentially we can wrap it up in some summary, since I don't think anything plot relevant is going to happen (Unless one of your chars has a problem getting a lie detector used on them). Since none of them are actually involved, there won't be an issue to confront there. Meanwhile, Selinde can continue her wild goose chase of tracking drones that destroy themselves in naquadah explosions whilst in hyperspace, leaving no debris to recover.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »

Do it.
Robert Laurel

Pages: [1] 2 3