Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goa'uld Summit  (Read 934 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Goa'uld Summit
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »

See I want to introduce Aken to the SGC, but I was hoping for something else. I dont know what but ehh.
Clone Troopers - The Same Man All Trying To Be Different
Storm Troopers - Different Men All Trying To Be The Same

Ares

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »

I find it funny that when people prompt for action on your threads, people are told to be patient, and let people post.  If there's a known issue, which has been made known, then things are put temporarily aside while other matters progress.  The Summit thread was slightly ahead of everything else as it was, putting a brief hold made no one suffer who didn't have other places they could post. 

Threatening to arbitrarily assume characters isn't going to solve the problems that have put the thread on hold in the first place.  Doing so will make matters all the worse.  There are more than enough open and active topics and side salads.  Just because you're impatient doesn't mean you just take a crowbar to it. 

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »

That makes me even more confused. Why did you make the summit in the first place if we all are still catching up?  :fp

And where or when is the time jump? is it before the summit or after?  :poke
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ares

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »

Which is why Mel was told to wait for the announcement so we could work it out without disruption

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 08:34:06 PM »

The summit was always after the jump, but was created before to not let the goa'uld reboot run out of steam. That has turned out to be redundant. Regardless, all characters relating to the summit are apart from the rest of the board's normal flow of time, and since nothing earth-shattering would happen (in terms of action, that is...can't say as to politically) we went ahead and tried to get something going.

TL;DR: Yes, it's after the jump, but it doesn't matter since nothing will happen there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

I find it funny that when people prompt for action on your threads, people are told to be patient, and let people post.  If there's a known issue, which has been made known, then things are put temporarily aside while other matters progress.  The Summit thread was slightly ahead of everything else as it was, putting a brief hold made no one suffer who didn't have other places they could post. 

Threatening to arbitrarily assume characters isn't going to solve the problems that have put the thread on hold in the first place.  Doing so will make matters all the worse.  There are more than enough open and active topics and side salads.  Just because you're impatient doesn't mean you just take a crowbar to it.

A brief hold is perhaps a week, two weeks at best. To this point, no issue with the Summit has been mentioned OOCly and only in the last week was I notified by PM there was an issue at all. There is no fixed timeline to this and we only wish it to proceed at the best pace possible, that being at least one post a week to be fair to all parties.

Secondly, people post where they wish to, if they are not involved in many other areas, there are few options open to them. This story arc is needed to be seen to its completion and in this as with any other RP boards out there, the moderators will do what is necessary to move it forward. This is not a threat, merely an action taken here as we've done in the past and an action Ares as you well know has been done on your own boards many times.

As for the time jump; if this is the action that was necessary, we should not have implemented the Summit at all. Since we can't go back and undo what's been done, we carry on.

I will post again in the summit today to at least keep others interested enough. If nothing else has occurred in the interim.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ares

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »

I was going to be civil but some people don't listen. 

After waiting a rather inappropriate time, Allienna stepped away from the control station for a moment, speaking firmly to both her first Prime Anwyn next to her and Sobek over the communication panel. "We have waited more than long enough to be courteous. If we do not receive a hail within the next few minutes, we shall board on our own accord and see what takes place from there on."

No. 

You may have been waiting, but in thread context, you just got there.  So no, an appropriate amount of time has passed. Just because you can't give it a second like asked, does not give you the right to plow your way through. 

Secondly, this is a peace summit, and you're going to do what?  Storm the fort?  Really?  With what?  A single ha'tak?  This isn't your personal play field, where you can take over a whole empire because it's just npc's you control.  There are four other ships already present who would simply blast you the moment weapons came online, not to mention the fact that nothing your character possesses could get past the quantum field around the Kheron where the summit is taking place. 

Taking control of people's characters is not what has been done in the past, unless they were notified, permission sought and granted, or they just weren't there anymore.  So yes it was a threat, and one I'm responding to as such. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 09:39:43 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Asking no further questions, she glanced to the two Gryphons and beckoned them to follow through the Fury Gate from control to the cargo bay being retrofitted into a copy of the control as a reception hall, minus the control consoles, and began work on the modifications.

Please not the date of the post.

Moderators have taken over both characters and stories in the past, although its been over two years since that was done, there has never been a reason to since.

All we are asking for is a little courtesy towards everyone here. Either post up an LOA as is expected, or something to explain the delay. I will mention to, that unlike some boards around, we don't delete posts that are either blatant arguments or disrespect to the staff, or simply because we don't like what has been written/posted.

I will say again, no threat has been made, merely pointing out forum policy that has been in place for over five years.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »

Forum policy long standing dictates that when a thread arc is left unattended for any length of time deemed by the staff to be of inconvenience to other players, where it affects the overall flow of the greater story plots: We as moderators and staff have as our right, the capacity to move such threads along as we see fit. We will discuss it with the players involved, but in this case we seem to have hit a brick wall.

I will also mention that in this, we do not need to directly control your characters, no one here feels that is the right thing to do unless completely necessary. We can though steer the thread in another direction that will reach an outcome to effectively put the affected players in a position, enabling them to continue with their characters as they see fit.

I'd like to pose this question. If as I have been informed, both you Ares and Maahes are withdrawing your Goa'uld activity; why do you care? Unless of course you have changed your mind, then we can discuss it further.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »

Closing this topic as it would seem to be just a little too heated for discussion.

On this I am taking an executive decision, the other mods can shoot me later.

We will carry on as if this debate did not occur. Ares, Maahes, I will formally apologise to both of you personally for any ill feeling coming out of this thread. In that, I ask only one thing and that is we continue with the Summit in the present timeline; or if you are still withdrawing your Goa'uld, I will work out a way to close it in post somehow. PM suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mel
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2]