Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stargate Command Pay System  (Read 972 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Stargate Command Pay System
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »

I can see a little both misunderstanding and hostility being created here over an issue I started. So I will clarify for you once and for all.

As far as your pay is concerned, you are working for a highly secret organisation here and it makes no different what country you are from, the SGC is paying you from funds received via the IOA and the individual nations you represent. You do not get your pay directly from your own country of origin for as far as they are concerned, once you signed that non disclosure agreement, you no longer exist.

I would suggest two players here edit their posts accordingly.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
Re: Stargate Command Pay System
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »

but the americans still get to exist why cant the other nations people exist too? 0.0 not like these people dont have families

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »

same dealio, even if you're with the US Air Force, your family has no idea what you are doing or where you are.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

Why was this an issue?   :fp I also assumed we didn't get paid in a normal way.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »

I missed this Thread...what are we talking about? What started this issue? :fp
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »

I am guessing how payment to the stargaye programe personal

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »

In short, I thought this was silly and said so, people didnt like my opinion and didnt like it when I tried to make a system that worked for my characters...

Because in my mind if your not paid by the Goverment of your country (This is for military characters) then my definitin you are no longer a member of that country's military...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »

You need to look at it from the perspective of a real life situation. Yes if you're in Afghanistan serving the British forces as part of NATO, you are paid directly by them because you have an entire command system there.

The Stargate Program is different entirely, Effectively your MOD has placed you with a top secret international organisation with no traceability whatsoever. They cannot pay you directly as that would expose the programme through the various agencies in Britain that handle defence pays. So how do you get paid?

Every nation signed to the Stargate treaty would allocate funds to it, that would be centralised and all pays for all members come from there, a single source and a common pay scale.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »

What? The MOD puts Money in to say a HSBC account... How does that expose the top secret program?

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »

Why are we even arguing about this? Why not just work with the premise that you get paid and leave it at that?

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »

Maybe we are worried about corruption and us not getting paid for some reason 0.0

I propose we form the first offworld union lol

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »

The decision has been made clear by Maz and Mel, consider this topic closed