Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Role Play Season 12-Plots  (Read 7793 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Role Play Season 12-Plots
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »

We have started! Yep I am specific aren't I?

So now what do we do? In the past we've had an actual storyline in the works with a basic plot outline for everyone to follow. But because of the issues involved in getting restarted once more, we've not really had time to do that.

At this point there is one outline that will be ongoing and that is a civil war between two elements of the Vanir (Eldari) but that may or may not involve everyone. We also have the possible conflicts with some new enemies as well. Yet rather than just have random battles and meetings etc we do prefer to have something to aim for. Our last story (which actually failed to eventuate to its end because of the previously mentioned problems) we had SG4 and Cate MacGregor as the story focus. On the show it was always SG1, their stories and relationships and so one. SG1 is effectively disbanded now for the time being and so where do we go now.

Lets get some feedback and see what you all would like to do. Before you post, think about your ideas and then write a decent synopsis and we'll look at what we get. We will close this and put something together after 2 weeks :D

Happy plotting

Melanie  :sam59:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Rodgin Kemph

Re: Stargate Role Play Season 12-Plots
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:41:20 PM »

We have our new enemy in the works.

I'd like to keep this from being another "We're big, we're bad, and if everyone doesn't band together against us, we'll win" type deal. So they will be slowly introduced, and shown in all their glory over time.

On the side of that, I really would like to work out SG-8. There is the constant Harley-Brad no romance alowed story, but I intend to play heavily with them all, working their storys in and out of things. There are several "expendables" there, and I want to show how dangerous this job can be.

Needs more work, but that's my start.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »

Sg8 was in the planning works for a survey on one of our either Ares or Ma'ahes worlds were they not?
Far Dareis Mai

Ares

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:44 PM »

Two things..

1) The interaction between the Dominion of War and the Tau'ri will be/could be very interesting to play out.

2) The 'we've been expecting you' theme I've picked up on with Donavan at the SGC I thought was leading somewhere. 

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »

SG-8 is scheduled for a run in with Maahes, which has been started, but they are a combat team only, and won't be a major focus for story, at least in my mind. More like important minor characters (think Walter and various people around base that SG-1 always seemed to kno and have backstory with, but you never saw.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »

1) that will be a major development Ares and I think it will be our first priority once we have finished with the sort of drawn out start up. The tie in with Donovan has not been forgotten, we just need to hurry up the aforementioned :)

2/ We need some detailed info from you Rodgin and Ma'ahes :)
Far Dareis Mai

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »

Right now the plan is that SG-7 gets stuck in their warlord investigation. SG-8 gets sent in to bust em out, and then we link up with Maahes at some point.

General, I know, but that's what I've got for details.

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »

I'm going to have my faction be a bit more aggressive than they have been in the past, and I'm planning on having this little dust-up @ Thedif be the first misunderstanding.  :D

Should make for some fun writing.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »

*drags Mel into the admin-only section*
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

To explain the Vanir stuff for those who were wondering., the Vanir will be undergoing some internal turmoil. It revolves around the Vanir's place in the Milky Way, Ares, and the mental problems of the leaders of the Vanir, since Sunniva is a bit emotionally unstable right now, and Baelor is a bit out of it from having commanded a fleet in the bloodiest war the Vanir have fought since they got their butts whupped by the Wraith ten thousand years ago. AKA, he feel bad and wonders if he could have done a better job. Meanwhile, there's the argument over their place in the galaxy, Sunniva perhaps getting closer to Ares because he can restore some order to this place, while Baelor thinks this is a bad idea since all Goa'uld are egotistical bastards, and the only difference is how obvious they are about it.

So eventually, Baelor tries to stage a coup, stuf happens, the military splits over whether to back the civilian or mkilitary authority, and civil war starts. How it ends, or if another faction throws their hat into the ring, I dunno.

Oh, and then there was also the idea of bringing in my Dr. Marcus from the Ascended Diner via quantum technobabble, though I'm not sure what he'd do. Especially if his ship got brought with, which is a 1 km monstrosity that makes the Destiny look like a Model T Ford.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »

you would be a little emotionally unbalanced to if you had to carry a baby for over 12 months :fp

but all good. We've had a suggestion also to do some side stories with our characters as to what they were doing during the six month break :)
Far Dareis Mai

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »

Tbh, I think there's plenty of material to expand on, especially since y'all now have 2 (3 w/ Khnum) goa'uld powers let loose in the Milky Way. We're not entirely hostile, but I know neither Thrasekion nor Ares are in much of a conciliatory/friendly mood after what they've been through. It sounds like there is something to be had with the Vanir, but from what I can tell it's more self-contained until events unfold later on. Ares and myself are more than ready to play "dungeon master" with our factions to get something going, and it might help ease us into the board.

Though, I have to ask...how many ships does Earth have? Because our fleets are kinda large...  :o

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »

:yes: :sam59:

I think we may have a better playing field than before. Rodgin has a new enemy in the wings as well :D

Currently we have the full compliment of 304's although Hammond and Deady are still in repairs.

Plus one Ancient Aurora ship, the BB 310 Class Dreadnought, with Victory on her way and another two being built. To that we have 16 CG 340 attack cruisers being built with 3 or 4 completed atm. There is one or two new class being constructed to boost the BB310's capability :)
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 05:22:14 AM »

Don't exactly have any suggestions for the plotting, but I'll tag along with whatever you guys go with.  :ext_beer2:

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

Wow. Thats a lot of ships. Makes me glad they can keep the whole Program secret with Non Disclosure Agreements and lying to the press. "Meteor showers destroying the Nimitz" my arse.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

lethal-pageant