Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Role Play Season 12-Plots  (Read 4814 times)

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
Re: Stargate Role Play Season 12-Plots
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »

Wait... why was it shelved?  I thought it was going to be a slow progression event building up over time?  Something like that doesn't happen over night.

I know. Thats what I thought too. But apparently RR's mind can't handle any more IG conflicts, and Sunniva would actually have resigned if we asked (I think), which kinda makes it difficult for there to be a coup when the leadership is actually willing to step down.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »

Wait... why was it shelved?  I thought it was going to be a slow progression event building up over time?  Something like that doesn't happen over night.

I know. Thats what I thought too. But apparently RR's mind can't handle any more IG conflicts, and Sunniva would actually have resigned if we asked (I think), which kinda makes it difficult for there to be a coup when the leadership is actually willing to step down.

So call it a forced resignation.  My two cents' worth.  :P
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »

Here is a tip from our own current political environment, our former Prime Minister was dumped from the party leadership because they, the Labor party; knew they couldn't win an election with her, so they brought back the previous member who held the reigns eaelier on. A coup so to speak. Since as I read it and from what Mel has told me, the Eldari do have a political system in place, have members of her government make a no confidence motion in parliament and instal Baelor as temporary leader until the schism can be resolved. Sunniva steps down, but playmakers will still be working to have her back. A failure in battle plans could then unseat Baelor later on and you're back to square one.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »

Well, form what I understand, they have a British style government structure, except the head of state/monarch actually has the power to veto what Parliament does. And for some reason Baelor does too, but I don't know if he's Prime Minister, or if he just approves military related things. so Sunniva would have to temporarily resign as Monarch, and make Selinde regent, since I don't think you can pass a vote of no confidence against the Monarchy. then if Baelor isn't currently PM, you'd have to make him PM as well.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »

that will work for me :) have someone NPC one of the high ups, who is next after PM? The Chancellor yes? Whispers in Sunni's ear.....  :sam59: :indeed :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »

Um, assuming it is actually like the British system, that'd be the Deputy PM.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »

That and I'm trying to develop Baelor as a character, reveal more aspects of his personality, have him develop, and as things stand without said plot, he's not going to be doing that. He'll still be the loyal, competent military commander, going to blast the Progentiors or any other enemy of the Empire... 

...And not the 'fake split' for the benefit of the El Aenir, as RR also suggested. It makes no sense, since the Eldari don't benefit by pretending to have a political schism when Sunniva can just actually resign and save us the trouble, especially since the only benefit from an Eldari perspective seems to be getting and ego boost. It doesn't add intrigue IG because the major parties involved (Sunniva, Selinde, Baelor), all know how it's going to end.

Yeah... the El Aenir are being their usual devious selves. That's part of the reason those posts were taking so long; I was having to be very careful with wording and doing my best to make sure nothing slipped through. They gave the Eldari a "threat" to focus on - and let slip an obvious "play" that would effectively change the balance of power - but things aren't always as they seem.  ;)

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »

One might be wondering, what the hell is Athena up to  :eye :samanime27: :samanime37:
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »

That and I'm trying to develop Baelor as a character, reveal more aspects of his personality, have him develop, and as things stand without said plot, he's not going to be doing that. He'll still be the loyal, competent military commander, going to blast the Progentiors or any other enemy of the Empire... 

...And not the 'fake split' for the benefit of the El Aenir, as RR also suggested. It makes no sense, since the Eldari don't benefit by pretending to have a political schism when Sunniva can just actually resign and save us the trouble, especially since the only benefit from an Eldari perspective seems to be getting and ego boost. It doesn't add intrigue IG because the major parties involved (Sunniva, Selinde, Baelor), all know how it's going to end.

Yeah... the El Aenir are being their usual devious selves. That's part of the reason those posts were taking so long; I was having to be very careful with wording and doing my best to make sure nothing slipped through. They gave the Eldari a "threat" to focus on - and let slip an obvious "play" that would effectively change the balance of power - but things aren't always as they seem.  ;)

Well, they succeeded. Without there being a civil war (since Sunniva will be resigning and making Selinde regent, etc), they've just given the Eldari the impetus to become a military hyperpower, once Baelor and Arcantus get done with the fleet of awesomeness me and Arcanthion have planned out.

So good job.  :P

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »

Well, they succeeded. Without there being a civil war (since Sunniva will be resigning and making Selinde regent, etc), they've just given the Eldari the impetus to become a military hyperpower, once Baelor and Arcantus get done with the fleet of awesomeness me and Arcanthion have planned out.

So good job.  :P

Too bad they're still technologically outclassed by the El Aenir - and outnumbered by the total sum of the Empire's resources. Oh, and the Vorseth are still working on a biological weapon designed to kill Eldari (from our previous board). I hear they'll trade it to the highest bidder, but the cost will be a high one. :P
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »

Too bad they're still technologically outclassed by the El Aenir - and outnumbered by the total sum of the Empire's resources. Oh, and the Vorseth are still working on a biological weapon designed to kill Eldari (from our previous board). I hear they'll trade it to the highest bidder, but the cost will be a high one. :P

Um, RR disagrees with that first statement, and I know me and Arcanthion are working hard to make up the gap (Making a cap ship that isn't a damn Battlestar for one). I'd probably agree with that second statement, and as for bio weapons...sword that cuts both ways, brother. that and you won't be able to get us all, so it will be limited effectiveness at best.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »

Um, RR disagrees with that first statement, and I know me and Arcanthion are working hard to make up the gap (Making a cap ship that isn't a damn Battlestar for one). I'd probably agree with that second statement, and as for bio weapons...sword that cuts both ways, brother. that and you won't be able to get us all, so it will be limited effectiveness at best.

Mel and I agreed on that a while back and, while it's not a huge difference, it does exist. About the difference between, say, the Ancients and the Asgard. Plus, while the Eldari may be working to make up the gap, you think the El Aenir are remaining stagnant?

The second one isn't even kind of close. The Revenant fleet alone is about the size of what the Hozgura had - that is, in the millions. But the Empire can't commit all those resources: they have territories in five galaxies to maintain (and three of those galaxies are fully in their possession). If we're talking about resources just in the Milky Way and Pegasus, it's much, much closer to being an even fight.

It'd be pretty darn effective against planets. You tend to have large populations on them - and since the Eldari don't know about the biological weapon, they'd be unprepared for it, if the El Aenir chose to use it. Which they won't. It's far more likely you'll be seeing an ultimatum from them to the galaxy.
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »

Mel and I agreed on that a while back and, while it's not a huge difference, it does exist. About the difference between, say, the Ancients and the Asgard. Plus, while the Eldari may be working to make up the gap, you think the El Aenir are remaining stagnant?

The second one isn't even kind of close. The Revenant fleet alone is about the size of what the Hozgura had - that is, in the millions. But the Empire can't commit all those resources: they have territories in five galaxies to maintain (and three of those galaxies are fully in their possession). If we're talking about resources just in the Milky Way and Pegasus, it's much, much closer to being an even fight.

It'd be pretty darn effective against planets. You tend to have large populations on them - and since the Eldari don't know about the biological weapon, they'd be unprepared for it, if the El Aenir chose to use it. Which they won't. It's far more likely you'll be seeing an ultimatum from them to the galaxy.

Oh good. Nice to know that the only reason any other faction survives in this game is because the El Aenir don't want to spend the time killing us all, and that we have no hope of ever catching up or of winning. Makes me consider doing what Ares did and evacuating all our people to another universe and hoping you don't show up. Balance of power only exists because you choose it to.

Sorry if I seem overly angry or bitter. It just got me riled up because, at least with the Eldari and not a Tau'ri gameplay, I prefer to actually have a remote chance in hell of actually winning an armed confrontation with the only threat to the eldari. which we have none. It makes us seem like we're Mexico trying to have a cold war with the USA. Makes me almost consider doing what ares did, and going to another dimension and hoping you don't find us.

Also, I take it the Progenitors don't exist then?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

The Eldari do have an ace and that we shall be keeping to ourselves, just know that they can pop up on you anywhere, anytime and hit you with a destroying force that can almost eliminate an entire solar system ..mwhahhahahaha
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »

from me to God's ears, personally I think the El Aenir are a tad too powerful and we should really peg them back a few notches to be fairer and more realistic to everyone :(
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

lethal-pageant