Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Stargate Movie  (Read 461 times)

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.
New Stargate Movie
« on: June 15, 2015, 03:34:12 AM »

Hello just was wondering what is everyones thoughts on the new sg movie reboot thing that may or may not be coming out.. and maybe offer my own opinion if anyones interested..

Obviously the first thing.. its not SG1 which makes it automatically lose points.. but the original movie was fun too

I feel like it being a planned trilogy means that it is probably going to be annoying.. if its good it will be annoying waiting for the sequel.. if its bad every sequel trailer will be a stab in my fan spirit.

however as for the movie itself.. I hope they atleast try to keep the humor of SG1 or its going to be disappointing

I realize in the original movie that Ra was not technically a Goauld yet but for this I am going to use the term Goauld.. ( just a warning for anyone that gets angry with that )

I wonder if its going to be just the Goauld again.. and if since its a reboot Ra will be brought back? and if so will they change it so that he survives for the sequels? or will they go the book way and bring in Hathor and stuff.. hmm..

I hope we get some new ships other then just the pyramid ship.. Apothis's and Anubis's flagships were cool and I would like to see more of that

which actually raises the question will the new movies have space battles at all? It would at this time seem probably not since Earth having ships was a SG1 thing..

so lets presume they were to remake the books in movie form.. it would be pretty boring imo.. but I guess well just have to wait and see..

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: New Stargate Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

With all the bad press Emmerich has been getting over this, there is a lot of doubt if it will ever see the light of day. This was one of the more kinder blogs on the subject

http://www.themarysue.com/stargate-reboot-writers/

That being said, I do hope it does happen, if only to spark renewed interest in actually rebooting the show, irregardless of what his plot might be. But we all know he hated the idea of the TV series, so we know he will NOT relate to anything we know and love.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »

We Need J.J. Abrams for Stargate. NOW!!!!!

He already did Star Trek and Star Wars. It would be so cool and awesome if he started directing Stargate!  :yes:

Stargate needs more explosions followed by the whoosh of Stargates opening.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 04:55:04 PM »

NO I dont want JJ touching my stargate with a 10 foot pole 0.0
We need someone with actual vision.

kimberleyjackson

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kimberleyjackson A new starter.
    • Kimberley Jackson - Stories and Art
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 07:19:27 PM »

I agree, JJ Abrams should stay away from it.

Generally, I'm not sure how I feel about it. To be honest, I was not a real fan of the original Stargate movie. It was okay, it was there. But I never had the urge to watch it a second time. The shows on the other hand really got me hooked. The humor, the stories, the entire universe they built is just incredible. And now Emmerich just wants to act as though all of that doesn't exist. He wants to erase Sam and Teal'c, and just keep Jack and Daniel and go from there.  :sholva

Honestly, I had hoped a Stargate reboot would at least build on what's already there. But, if the movie happens, I will give it a chance I guess. Can't form an opinion on something I haven't seen. :D

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

As things go so often there is speculation built upon endless rumor, and as the rumor mill circulates we hear stories in the context of 'perhaps it'll give someone the confidence to reboot the series'. I for one would only wish it so, as we've seen with Star Trek in the past, movies are made and suddenly a new series eventuates. We can only hope :)

JJ should not even be allowed in the same room as a Stargate convention. He's done good work, but he doesn't have the touch for Stargate. Now James Cameron, I would pick him in a minute.

Zathras

• Airman First Class
  • Zathras A new starter.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »

I'd like to see it. I have no idea what I'll think till after I watch it.  I think I'm easier to please than most... even though I am a huge fan of Star Trek... I loved the new movies as well.  I like Enterprise when many did not... and I love SGU when many did not.  So I welcome it :)
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." -- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5:"A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »

Enterprise and SGU were good. Star Trek 2009 I enjoyed, Into Darkness not so much.

Anquietas

• Recruit
  • Anquietas A new starter.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »

To be honest, i'm excited to see a new Stargate movie, even though it is not SG-1 it is still Stargate. I'm keeping my hopes up.  :sam59:

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

I am thrilled to be a new film about stargate

elflord

• Airman First Class
  • elflord A new starter.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »

does any one have any news about the new Stargate movie anything at all?

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 07:19:58 AM »

Only thing I heard was they were beginning to create new helmet props but that was months ago

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »

Unfortunately, the film that had to shoot was aborted even before it was born :argh!