Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Goa'uld Discussion - OOC  (Read 3087 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Goa'uld Discussion - OOC
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »

I wish ya'll would read between the lines. Allienna wants nothing personally to do with either Ba'al or her mother. As far as they are concerned they are just another two Goa'uld. Her words were merely that of an independent voice, not speaking either for or against them. When Morrigan and Ba'al speak, they speak for themselves. What is getting right up my nose, as before, is the insinuation that Allienna is 'up' to something, which has been a constant theme from both Sobek and Mefitis; neither of them give her any credit, constantly treating her like some kind of child. Then we have Mefitis taking over as if she were the senior player in the Goa'uld, when in reality she should be taking a less demanding position considering no one there hardly even knows her.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »

Mel, let's be honest with ourselves and let's watch things from the perspective of players instead of our characters, for once:
that council thing is essentially a gameplay element. The ideal situation would be one man one vote, but come on, Khnum has three characters, you'd have four and at that point, if we'd have you get your way, me and Shadowlord would be the ones becoming fundamentally useless and powerless, not Ba'al and Morrigan.

IC the reasons are not too different: there is absolutely no reason to not think that Ba'al and Morrigan would not be supporting Allienna's positions considering that she's the one granting them pardons and positions, and that, together with Grundel and Khnum (with Achaman) who are on your side (not complaining about it, that's his choice) will always put me and my comrade in a situation of inferiority.
Now, do you understand why me and him are so much on the defensive?
We're just looking after ourselves. Can we?
It isn't a rhetoric question, I'm genuinely asking.

And when and how did Mefitis take over?

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »

I control only Khnum and Achaman, certainly not Bastet which is free for anybody,the two Goa'uld act differently and might get to go to war with each other in order to re balance the possible imbalances that could arise

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »

If anyone wants to pick up B and M, they are perfectly free to do so. The only reason I brought them back was because I thought it would add some canon characters we're used to, to the game. I am perfectly neutral about them and if I continue to use them, they would be in no way aligned with Allienna. I do have the ability to split character allegiances quite easily, so I don't see the problem, though if the GM having an extra two NPC's is a tactical problem, I'll drop them. Considering Ali was the one to A/ imprison Ba'al and B/ overthrow her mother, I can't quite see how anyone would think she'd be forgiving them in her heart; its all a charade merely to boost Goa'uld numbers, as their survival is all she and Grundel care about.
Far Dareis Mai

Khnum

• Major
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »

I  agree :D

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 01:44:40 AM »

I find it hard to believe Ba'al and Morrigan have any care at all for their own kind.
They seem like the types that would send the Goa'uld extinct if it meant they could rule supreme in some small corner of the galaxy.
Am I right or wrong?

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2017, 03:32:24 AM »

Both of the two System Lords, follow their own selfish nature so it is normal that no one takes them seriously. Currently only Khnum showed after Apep, and Ra deceased, to have an odd sense of altruism :yes:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »

I find it hard to believe Ba'al and Morrigan have any care at all for their own kind.
They seem like the types that would send the Goa'uld extinct if it meant they could rule supreme in some small corner of the galaxy.
Am I right or wrong?

I don't believe so. Perhaps at an earlier time the answer would have been yes. But after what they have both seen recently with the wars and events, how easily both of them were taken; I believe they would realize that their own survival depends on the survival of their race.
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »

Sobek will give them their pardon so long as they decide to show the council some more respect ( even if its fake ) but they won't have any voting power. With that said in the future if you wanted to do a plot where they did something that was worthy of them regaining the right to vote that would be ok too.

If after this you don't intend to write with them for awhile I think that this is a good way to end it for now opening it up for them to return only at future summits unless a plot actually would benefit from their attendance. Their lower status also means that they don't have to attend every single Goa'uld event in the future and participate in every battle unless you decide you want them to for whatever reason.

Also I would suggest they be given only one small world since they need to prove their actually capable of ruling under the authority of our councils new order. Basically a small territory they can help each other build up giving them the opportunity to slowly build up a bigger army and maybe even some other stuff.

Basically they can gain power just like any other minor Goa'uld. They can be given a planet with some slaves and Jaffa and choose to do with them as they will. And it will allow Morrigan to produce new larvae if she wants for her and Ba'al's Jaffa ( they can fight over who's Jaffa tattoo they keep ) I believe this is a suitable compromise that can be adjusted in the future depending on how things go.

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »

In fact, this line is the one that we could use with both Goa'uld and wanting even with Bastet as it will be again raised to the rank of System Lord in this summit. I think Khnum avallerà this solution, however it will not Achaman instead take Ba'al his head to avoid problems in the future because of the two Goa'uld There's bad blood :yes:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]