Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Star Gate Question?  (Read 48 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Star Gate Question?
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »

So, here is a question, I know ifs Sci Fi TV Physics. But its never really been brought up.

What happens if you go through the gate the wrong way?
Like its explained that a Stargate Wormhole only has one direction of travel. So what happens if somebody walks through the recieving end of an incomming wormhole?
Like somebody Dials in from Atlantis to Earth, what happens if a person on Earth walks through the earth gate? Do they die? Do they just walk through the puddle and end up on the other side of the gate but still in the SGC? can they just not walk through it?

The gate is seen to allow people to go through the wrong way as it were in the episode prisoners in Season 2 but thats the only time, and no solid evidence is given as to what happens and its never really mentioned again. I mean its clear that this shows that you can pass through it and that you would likely die, but its never mentioned 100% that this is the case. And even if it is, Star Gate continuity has been known to change and things have been conveniently forgotten. (Such as the Zat's third shot effects.)

And to expand on that. The gate has a front, and a back, so what if you try to walk through the back side of a wormhole?

I am mostly just curious as these were things never exactly covered in the Show. Like they say that you can only go through a gate one way. Which I sort of understand. Bust surley trying to walk through an incomming wormhole or through the wrong side of the gate wont kill you?
Clone Troopers - The Same Man All Trying To Be Different
Storm Troopers - Different Men All Trying To Be The Same

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
Re: Star Gate Question?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »

I believe that trying to go through the wrong side is practically a suicide :)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:29:25 PM »

You will die a horrible death I believe. The science is fuzzy but I do understand it was mentioned either in the show itself, or on one of the documentaries that came with the DVD sets.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!Bowsy 112 is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 03:58:02 AM »

Not mentioned on the show. Kust a few comments about it being impossible. But no evidence for or against.

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:54:19 PM »

It may also be that the horizon of events rejects you :)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:13:49 PM »

Its probably like a mirror. You go in front like you normally do, but when you go through the back, you could end up in an reversed Universe where evevrything is backwards, cause you know, mirror...

or ohhh a Mirror Universe! Wait, thats Star Trek. Umm, same idea? Who knows...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:31:06 PM »

Its probably like a mirror. You go in front like you normally do, but when you go through the back, you could end up in an reversed Universe where evevrything is backwards, cause you know, mirror...

or ohhh a Mirror Universe! Wait, thats Star Trek. Umm, same idea? Who knows...

I mean its possible, but I feel if it had been that interesting it would have been covered on the show.

I mean this is only an issue because I was thinking about it, if you were to show up at a gate thats been activated and was open. You have no communication devise you have no way of knowing what way round it opened.

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: Today at 07:55:13 PM »

Are there symbols on both sides?

lethal-pageant