Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Disussion and Plot Developments  (Read 13452 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Disussion and Plot Developments-Borg
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »

@ Sorra :lol: :P
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »

the wealth of minerals outweighs all other considerations :lol: The IOA don't careless how or where we get the stuff so long as we get them :P and you know I was kidding don't you? ....maybe  ::)

Well, seeing as they'd be the ones stuck there if Earth went Ka-blooey, I think they'd care a bit more about dangerous life forms.

ah no, dinosaurs too!  Once Flynn realizes where she is she'll probably make a fuss.  And Flame, you're welcome to "rough" her up a bit to get her to quiet down.  Just no killing or maiming
Alright. I wasn't really planning on it. He's supposed to bring back a live human after all, and probably has been told that she needs all her limbs to tel them how the Hozguran tech works.  :P

"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »

That's at least one plus for Flynn then  :D

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 06:02:40 PM »

That's at least one plus for Flynn then  :D
[/quote

Suppose I should clarify that the only time I would ever actually kill someone IG, is if it's been agreed upon ahead of time, or my character knows IG that there's a Sarcophagus or related tech nearby to bring them back.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »

I left an ooc note in the thread. Just a little reminder, Flame you have quite a ways to go before reaching your camp

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »

I've been working on the assumption that the forest near the Alpha Site was temperate forest, very heavy, which hasn't been burned over for a fair number of years. Or is it jungle? That will call for a different skill set. It will determine the type of additional troops he will ask for.

How far north are the Borg hideouts and in what terrain? How many are there? A small number can't be the terror of the spaceways. From what I've read it looks as if they don't have the understanding to take a ship to space, much less play pirate.

Steven is not going to reprimand Maria. Her own conscience will do a better job of that than he ever could. He report will reflect the fact that Alpha Site's requests to SGC have mostly ignored and that they don't have enough troops to hold the territory they need to hold.

Steven will be pressing the search really hard.

Idea for a side salad: if Craig Donovan is really dead, then Maria will need time to heal. Suggest she take a trip with Linde to Germany to get away. Be a good opportunity to introduce Linde's parents. My idea on that is due to her assignment with SGC, her father will be appointed a junior minister in the government, with a mission brief of being their liaison to SGC. Her mother's work as an economist will be useful to integrate other Tau'ri worlds into the whole. They can be fully read in to the program.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »

Around and near the A-site is temperate yes, but it becomes tropical as you move north. So in effect, the weather pattern we're seeing would be monsoonal in the north and perhaps a hurricane or cyclone southwards.

The Borg's main camp is about 1-2 days march for a Borg, for us, probably 3 -4 days or more. From our earlier forum, it was mentioned they numbered, if you gathered all the clans together, somewhere around 150,000 or so, there are three main clans, the plainsmen, the hill clans and the mountain clans, from which our main guys are from. I am assuming Flames leader will have been uniting them. These by the way are not Star Trek Borg, it was just a name I came up with at the time. I've never seen ST, so I was unaware of them when I wrote it. They are intelligent, but at the moment lack technology. Getting their hands on Hozgura tech will push them ahead, hence the plot to kidnap one of ours to teach them.

By the time we find them, the majority or at least a good portion of them will be gone. There are two Hozgura ships available to them, one large armed transport and one cruiser. Between the two ships, they could move 10,000+ to another planet .

Donovan is alive, its part of the plot :) but the Side salad is a good idea tho :)
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »

How do you keep Saggitta and Britannia from spotting and intercepting them after lift off?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »

I'll let Flame work that out :) Flynn will be aboard, so we can only hope she can escape somehow, that's the plan anyway. But essentially these guys are going to be out there to give us some grief for a while
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »

Oh thanks, make me do all the hard work.  ::) I suppose I'll come up with something.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »

you're welcome :P someone else has to fill in the gaps :lol:
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »

True. I have given it some thought, and I came up with one solution, which is to disguise the ships as debris amongst the wreckage of the Hozguran attack. Or bury them inside a mountain, which would take a ridiculous amount of time and effort. The main problem is the Saggitta. If they try looking, the ancient sensors will pick them up pretty much anywhere on the planet. and them not being on the planet brings up the question of how to get to them.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »

Steven will be relentless in his search. He'll take it personal...

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »

I expected as much. the other solution is to have them have cloaking tech. But that doesn't seem to fit how RR has indicated their tech level is, and the Saggitta might still be able to see it as well.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »

sounds like Flynn's gonna have her work cut out for her trying to escape
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34