Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Disussion and Plot Developments  (Read 10113 times)

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Disussion and Plot Developments
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

I am doing this just as I would if I were back in a NATO planning cell.
Robert Laurel

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »

Remember that there is a full Kelt reinforced division with a special forces company attached, along with a strong Kelt task force. Commanders are Major General Mhari Sinclair and Vice Admiral Slaine Aoibhell.

The EU Brigade under Margit Guderian and the Kelt Knight's Templar Division have a joint headquarters right next to the Merriden Inn. The owner has his inn back and is making a ton of money.

How would the Alpha Site commander know those specific names? The report of the battle can't have gone up the chain that fast. And Dal Riada is just an ordinary grunt who commands an infantry platoon. He's not special forces. Why would he be called out?
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2017, 05:43:50 PM »

for the sake of convenience so that we could use actual names. Plus the battle info is being constantly relayed back to HQ, they'd be getting updates possibly every ten to fifteen minutes...hopefully  :sam10
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #483 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:39 PM »

Folks its been over two weeks waiting for this thread to continue

http://lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=1994.msg54344#new

@Shadowlord @sorra @DanielRyder

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #484 on: September 14, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »

One more time. I'm a combat vet. The rest of you aren't. Been there, done that, got the major scars on the hip and leg. From what I was reading it wasn't that short, and it was intense. After intense combat you need to resupply, get some hot food, hot drink and rest up. It exhausts you. Mentally and physically. Tired soldiers make stupid decisions. Tired commanders make really stupid decisions. Been there. Seen it. It sucks.
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #485 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »

While true in reality Robert, we can't in practicality sit around and wait for teams, or do random time jumps here and there to let things catch up. Or even create new teams to fill the gaps; we just gotta run with what we have. Doesn't make a lot of sense for realism, I know.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:30 AM »

I gotta ask the same Q as Mum :P

Guys what are we doing here >>>>>>>>>>> http://lostworldssff.com/index.php?topic=2386.msg54370#new

@Cipherhornet18 @Bowsy 112 @Robert Laurel  :lol :look
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2017, 08:12:23 AM »

Got it MM.  I apologize.  I had completely forgotten them  :fp

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:11 AM »

Good question, what ARE we doing there? Not sure whats going on and this current...ahem...debate has me hesitant to proceed.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »

I'm just grumbling. I'm like the crazy uncle you let out of the attic every so often.
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »

Good question, what ARE we doing there? Not sure whats going on and this current...ahem...debate has me hesitant to proceed.

Battlefield:

4 hours time jump. Someone needs to go wake Ben up. There will be a lull, a quietness as it will appear for the time being the Forerunners have withdrawn. As later we'll find out they have a reason for doing so. "Can you hear that?" the sound of silence :D

I'm just grumbling. I'm like the crazy uncle you let out of the attic every so often.

Has one of those  :lol :fp :yes:
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »

Mel, Brigid wasn't reading Ben's mind, I was just following what you had in quotes and color and it looked like he was talking about cars.
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

nope wasn't assuming she was :P you missed his last sentence where he mentioned his dad, and Brigid did mention about his use of 'cheese and kisses' so he gave her a rather lengthy reply which I thought she may have hit on :D no probs tho.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #493 on: December 19, 2017, 10:00:10 PM »

OK. how do we handle this at the battlefield? There is a difference between administrative control and operational control. Administrative control is still back with the EU/NATO brigade; operational control should be with the Kelt division.

I was thinking that some of the EU/NATO nations aren't as well equipped and trained for winter/mountain warfare as they could be, so the lack has to be made up, which will take time.

I'm thinking the terrain the Forerunners are moving through is very rough, unsuitable for vehicles. The troops would have to rappel in by helicopter or be transported there by vehicle as far as they can go and then walk the rest of the way in.

I would like to see the locals with some EU/NATO support make and end run and head for the Forerunner rear areas, disrupt logistics and command and control.
Robert Laurel

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #494 on: December 20, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »

Another thing is that some of the EU/NATO countries have 'hollow armies'. The Poles, the Romanians, the Bulgarians, etc. They have the force structure but don't have the manpower to man the units properly. A battalion will be the size of company, and so on. In order to throw a force together they have to combine units that have never trained or worked together, etc.
Robert Laurel

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

lethal-pageant