Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weapon & Equipment Q&A Thread  (Read 2913 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Weapon & Equipment Q&A Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 02:54:06 PM »

Cipher's Gun Chat - Primary, Secondary, Sidearm (Or "What Do I Take In The Field?")

PART THREE (I'm not doing pictures this time, these articles took hours to begin with)

FNH M249 Series - 5.56x45mm NATO

The American production version of the FNH Minimi, the M249 Series is a squad-level machine gun intended to give infantry squads the means to suppress the enemy without using a heavier general purpose machine gun. There are a number of variants in US service, both upgrades to keep the weapon up to date with modern requirements, as well as versions for Airborne and Special Operations forces. This includes the M249 Para (lighter and smaller version for issue to paratroopers), M249 SPW (A modified version to meet US SOCOM requirements by reducing weight but with a longer barrel than the Para), and the Mk. 46 and Mk. 48, variants that were created by US Naval Special Warfare Command, with the Mk. 48 being upgraded to 7.62 NATO. Overall an effective weapon, it has begun to show its age and its weight makes it difficult to use well in close quarters and urban warfare environments.

FNH M240 - 7.62x51mm NATO
The US production version of the FN MAG-58, the US military adopted it originally as a weapon mounted on armored vehicles in the late 1970s and then adopted it for issue to replace the M60 by the 1980s in US Army Service and early 90s in US Marine Corps service. Only the US Navy has opted to not completely replace their M60s. A well liked machine gun that has been adopted by countless nations prior to the United States doing so, it isn't the smallest weapon made, but it is known to be quite reliable, much more so than the M60.

US M60 Series - 7.62x51mm NATO
Introduced in 1957, the M60 was the main general purpose machine gun of the US Armed Forces until being replaced by the M240 in general service, but it still sees some use in Special Operations units, particularly US Navy ones. While easy to operate and maintain, the weapon was plagued with numerous design faults that have since been corrected. The M60 has a slower rate of fire and is lighter than the M240, traits that keep it endeared by the SEALs. Currently, the M60E4 and Mk. 43 Mod. 0/Mod. 1 are the main versions still in use.

Browning M2HB - .50 BMG
The distinctive design of the "Ma Deuce" "Fifty-Cal" is almost immediately recognized by anyone, regardless of their knowledge of firearms. A large air-cooled heavy machine gun, the M2 has been in service since 1933 and will likely remain in service for a long time. These are not infantry weapons, but rather found fitted to vehicles or in fixed positions. Famously, a pair of these are set up facing the Stargate at the SGC, yet have never once fired a single shot.

Remington 870 - 12 Gauge
Mossberg 500/590 - 12 Gauge
Since the First World War, the United States military has always had a vested interest in combat shotguns. After the end of World War Two, it was time to replace the old Winchester shotguns in service, and two popular hunting shotguns would see their way into service. Both the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 are simple pump action shotguns, with the differences really coming down to fine details. The Mossberg 590 is just another part of the same line as the 500. Both shotguns are praised for being simple, reliable, and effective, with a wide range of modifications, barrel lengths, and stock options to meet a varying array of needs.
CIPHER NOTE: Yes, I'm aware they're the same thing, but US Military procurement got both, so both are here. No, we are not choosing one or the other at any point.

Franchi SPAS-12 - 12 Gauge
An Italian made combat shotgun, the SPAS-12 is in a small circle of shotguns that are capable of both pump-action and semi-automatic fire. The reason was since the SPAS-12 was intended to be sold to both military and law enforcement customers, it was a real possibility that the end user may load less powerful shells (such as beanbag rounds). In a normal semi-automatic shotgun, less powerful loads do not generate enough gas to operate the action and cause the weapon to jam. By switching to pump-action, this problem is eliminated. The Stargate Program acquired a small number of SPAS-12s to augment their USAS-12s, particularly in the face of the early Replicator threat. While the SPAS-12 is an effective shotgun, it has earned the rather dubious title of being one of the more uncomfortable shotguns to fire, due to the lack of padding on its top folding stock.

Daewoo USAS-12 - 12 Gauge
For unknown reasons, the team that went on the first Abydios mission had access to the USAS-12 and a number have remained in Stargate Command's armories. This is curious because the USAS-12 was never adopted by any American or NATO agency. Hailing from South Korea, the USAS-12 is a development of the Atchinson Assault Shotgun concept (which would later become the AA-12) as a fully automatic combat shotgun. Feeding from either 10-round box magazines or 20-round drum magazines, the USAS-12 was found to be most useful against the early Replicator threats, so much so that more were acquired until the threat was deemed eliminated.
CIPHER NOTE: Because the only end users are South Korea, Colombia, Brazil, and the Dominican Republic, the shortage of spare parts is starting to create a problem. As such, the USAS-12 will be phased out of service, initially in favor of customized Saiga-12s but then later for the AA-12.

Izhmash Saiga-12 - 12 Gauge
Patterned after the Kalashnikov-series of assault rifles, the Saiga is a semi-automatic shotgun that has gained popularity in Russia and the United States. Variants that are more closely patterned as military weapons, such as being fitted with rail mounts, folding stocks and shorter barrels, have been acquired by the Stargate Program both through Russia and through American import companies. On top of using a magazine feed like an AK-rifle and using the same method of operation, the gas system can be adjusted to use higher or lower powered shells, eliminating the main concern with semi-automatic shotguns.

Benelli M1014 - 12 Gauge
Known originally as the M4 Super 90, the M1014 is the American production variant of Benelli's most recent semi-automatic shotgun. The M1014 is officially the standard combat shotgun of the US Armed Forces, but it has not, nor will it ever, replace the conventional pump action shotguns in service. It is a conventional shotgun in terms of layout, featuring an adjustable stock, ghost ring sights and reliable operation, but it cannot use low power shells without jamming or being turned into a straight-pull bolt action shotgun.

Colt M203 - 40mm
Adopted in 1969, the M203 is intended to be an under barrel, single shot pump action grenade launcher, fitted to most NATO standard assault rifles. However, it does now come with the option to be fitted on a stand-alone grip and stock unit, allowing it to act as a standalone weapon. It fires NATO standard 40mm low velocity rounds, which come in a wide range of ammunition types. Overall, it is considered an effective force multiplier for a squad, giving them a much needed boost in firepower when it is used.
CIPHER NOTE: I'm aware of the H&K M320, however the original run went to the US Army first, and then to the Marines in 2017. A few will trickle in, seeing it added to the list next season, but only in small numbers until 2017.

H&K AG36 - 40mm
The parent of the M320, the AG36 is a side feeding grenade launcher intended for the G36-series assault rifles. Past that, anything that can be said about the M203 can be said about the M320.

Milkor M32 MGL - 40mm
The M32 is the American production version of the South African MGL, a grenade launcher that feeds from a 6-round revolver style drum. While initially intended for riot control, the MGL was found to be an excellent fire support weapon and was adopted by the US Marine Corps. Because the feed works like a revolver, there is no limitation on the ammunition that the M32 can use. It features a forward rail mount and an integrated sight that allows for quick judgement of where a round will go to aid in rapid target acquisition and firing. However, it is something of a cumbersome weapon, and so it can limit the loadout of a squad grenadier issued the weapon.

Saab Bofors M136
The US production version of the Swedish AT4 rocket launcher, the M136 is a single shot disposable 84mm rocket launcher. A powerful weapon, it has lost its edge as an anti-tank weapon due to advances in modern MBT armor design, but it is still very useful against lighter vehicles and fortifications. Its ease of use makes it very popular. Like the M72 LAW it replaced, the M136 cannot be reloaded in the field, rather it is intended to be fired and then the empty tube dropped. If another is required, the soldier must ready another launcher. Variants for use in confined spaces were issued, the M136-CS, which minimizes the backblast to be used in buildings or in tight areas. Contrary to popular belief, it is also unguided.

Mk. 153 SMAW
A US Marine Corps weapon based on an Israeli design, the Mk. 153 is a reloadable 84mm rocket launcher. While its anti-tank capabilities are marginal, the SMAW has proven to be devastatingly effective in demolishing enemy fortifications. It can be fitted with an additional sight, and comes with an integrated 9mm targeting rifle that fires tracer rounds that mimic the flight path of a rocket. This allows the user to accurately judge their shots before actually firing the rocket. On top of High Explosive Anti-Armor and High Explosive Dual-Purpose, it can also use Thermobaric/Fuel Air Explosive rounds against enemy bunkers or cave networks. Like the M136, however, it is unguided.

FGM-148 Javelin
An advanced American anti-tank missile launcher, the Javelin is quite large and requires a two-man team to use it effectively. However, the fire-and-forget missile is capable of engaging enemy main battle tanks effectively. It can either function as a direct fire weapon, or it can be fired to engage the enemy top-down, where the missile streaks upwards and then comes down onto the top of its target (where the armor of a tank is generally at its weakest). After firing, the tube is removed from the Command Launch Unit and replaced. Overall, the Javelin is largely considered one of the most advanced (and expensive) anti-tank missile launchers in service.

FIM-92C Stinger
A man portable shoulder fired anti-aircraft missile launcher, the Stinger gained it's notoriety in the hands of the Afghan militias during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It is a fire and forget IR-guided missile that is the standard that other man portable SAMs are judged by. The US military has kept it in service in different forms, including vehicle fired and even as air-to-air missiles on helicopters, and it has seen good results when employed against alien fighters as well. However, the Stinger is like the M136 - a single shot weapon that is disposed after firing. It is also not 100% perfect, the missile can be tricked by use of countermeasures if properly employed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 345
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 04:55:29 PM »

I just took a screen cap from the end of COTG. This is Major Warren of SG-2 firing the Stinger at a Death Glider.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 02:56:47 PM »

Ah. The lovely sound of a combat shotgun. CLICKETY-BOOM! CLICKETY-BOOM! CLICKETY-BOOM!

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 07:12:32 AM »

Cipher's Gun Chat - Decision Process

This one will be quick but should clarify what my decision process is when approving or rejecting weapon requests. I will always try to work with players where possible and always explain myself during requests, but just so there's transparency here.

1 - Redundancy - Is the request bringing up a weapon that does the job just as well as anything already on the approved list? Am I looking at something that is a "rose by any other name"?

I've listed a few examples, but a big one is a licence export copy of a weapon already on the list. For example, the Diemaco C7 family. These would be the Canadian copies of the M16 family, and I would require one hell of a compelling reason why your character cannot use the same rifle just made in the US versus Canada. You can't use the "prop" logic here, so going off to show me the IMFDB pages won't work.

2 - Commonality - Does the request have at least common used ammunition?

I've heard the arguments before for 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Creedmore. I'm fully aware of .40 S&W and 10mm Auto. But here's the reality - if you consider how many rounds an SG Team expends per mission, ammo becomes a real issue. And the IOA will not approve buying ammo just for one person. And while you're welcome to try, I'd say it's not in the realm of anyone's budget to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition for their own use, plus magazines.

Also, the weapon needs to be something an armory team doesn't need to spend too much time on working on. Most of the work will be the character's responsibility, but they may need to do some work to at least make sure everything in the gun cages is meeting some level of standards. If the weapon you're picking is some limited run or custom weapon, you're on your own and if it breaks in the field, your character has to fix it out of their own pockets.

3 - Availability - Is it a made-to-order custom weapon? Is it a prototype out of production? How easy is it to get a hold of?

If you want something really out in left field, or you just saw some obscure weapon that you want to use, well, tap the brakes turbo. Not only is the IOA not going to pay for it, but if far too few were made, then it's going to be all but impossible for you to get it. So, before you go thinking you'll be getting your hands on H&K's Magic Space Box Rifle (aka: G11), I'm gonna have to stop you there. The few left are not going to be handed over, and then see point #2 as to the rest of why (ie: good luck getting enough 4.7mm Caseless).

Now, custom built weapons will be done on a case by case situation. If you want help there, please let me know, but understand that to start, it will have to be based on an AR-platform rifle in 9mm, 5.56mm or 7.62mm. But that's also where the Carter Special came from, and there is plenty of room to work with there, but those are the limitations. Past that, case by case.

Those are really the big three. But as I said, I'll always go over with you not only why I go the way I go on the decision, but if I am going to reject it, I'll at least come up with some viable alternatives.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 04:18:53 AM »

Cipher's Gun Chat - "Prop Logic"

I mentioned last time around about something called "prop logic", and I suppose that bears some clarification.

The long of the short of it is that armories who provide for studios have to follow rules and regulations pertaining to firearms unless they can make loopholes. I know that at least one armory in Canada got permission to basically get whatever they wanted, but there are still restrictions based on import laws and whatnot.

For example - it's only become recent that most AKs in movies are even from Eastern Europe, much less Russia. For the longest time, armories in the US could only import them from China or Egypt, or get Finnish Valmet rifles that looked enough like AKs to make it work. It's still a practice sometimes to make one gun look like another. South African R4s are mocked up to be AKs, I know some small budget films in Bulgaria had to make M16s from AKs and MP5s from PPS-43s. And in some cases, such as non-firing scenes that require a gun to be held but not used, studios substitute airsoft guns.

Stargate SG-1 and the rest are no different. They had limitations they had to follow so I'm going to run through some of them. I should point out that filming was done in Canada, so it was based on what was easy to get a hold of by the Vancouver based armory company that did work for the series.

A big one is the Daewoo K3s that were used in lieu of M249s. Some effort went into retrofitting them to resemble M249 Paras and Mk. 46s, but the K3 is a South Korean produced copy of the FN Minimi, so there are differences to be made there. This is why the K3 is not included on the list - the armory could only provide K3s but they were intended to be M249s.

The next one are the use of Diemaco C7-series rifles. These are Canadian licence built copies of the M16 (having more in common with an upgraded M16A1 over the M16A2), they can be built to be visually identical to an American Colt M16-series, however. So it is kind of obvious why these would be used in lieu of actual M16s.

The GAU-5 does appear on the show but not on the list. The GAU-5-series is the USAF designation for their carbine length "CAR-15"/XM-177, and while technically it is still in USAF circulation (and therefore wouldn't be hard to say it would be in the armories of a Stateside post like Cheyenne Mountain), these things are pretty old and wouldn't be suited to issue to SG Teams, not when it would be realistically possible to issue M4s instead. It also would require modification to accept additional attachments, since it came before rail mounts were a thing. If you absolutely have to have one of these, file a custom weapon request, but I'm going to need a pretty compelling reason why something in the M4 family won't work for you.

The AKs used by the Russian SG teams were actually mock ups made from Chinese Norinco Type 84S rifles, chambered in 5.56 NATO. While there are AKs and AK variants in such a caliber in production, there is no such actual conversion for the AK-74 family. Now, credit where credit is due, because an AK in 5.56 uses magazines that more closely resemble what an AK-74 uses rather than one in 7.62 Soviet (basically, 5.56 and 5.45 magazines have a very slight bend in them, not the more distinctive curve of a normal AK). Because of the current state of political affairs, the Russians likely won't be sending much of anything over any time soon, but it would not be impossible for one of their personnel to undergo familiarization and training on current issued weapons. With all that said, I am willing to entertain a request for an AK-variant rifle if it is chambered in a NATO caliber. There aren't many in 7.62 NATO, but there are a glut of 5.56 variants all over the world. File a request and we can go from there.

The majority of the grenade launchers in the series were 37mm flare launchers, since those are easier to get and enough exist that resemble an actual grenade launcher that it is not visually distracting. Don't ask for them though, that request will be rejected because there are plenty of grenade launchers that actually see military use and it would be a silly thing to ask.

A quick side note - US Secret Service agents on several occasions used fake Beretta 93R automatic (well, burst only but that's not the point) pistols. The USSS does not use the Beretta 93R at all, they use SIG Sauer P229s.

The "Carter Special" was not a general issue weapon, it was built primarily because blanks for the P90 started getting more expensive by Season 7. As such, right now, the only one in existence is reserved for Sam and anyone she authorizes to use it. As stated before, if you want a rifle built from an AR platform to fit your character, please let me know and we can start that process - I actually intend to make something for Cam.

The use of Earth firearms by alien races is just a matter of giving them a weapon without having to go through the lengthy process of making up a design, then being able to fabricate that in enough numbers to equip anyone who needs it on screen. As far as I'm concerned, parallels can be drawn between these weapons but should overall not be said that an alien race has AKs or M1 Garands. Rather, they should be said to have weapons that externally appear to be AKs or Garands.

There were a few times that the Chinese Type-97, a 5.56 export variant of the QBZ-95, have appeared in the show. Again, while the Chinese would cross-train a soldier over before kicking them to the Stargate Program, since the QBZ-95 uses a round only found in the People's Liberation Army, 5.8mm, you may request a Type 97 if you absolutely have to.

That should cover everything, I believe. In the meantime, as always, if you have any questions, let me know.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 112
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »

I hope folks take a few minutes to read this Cipher. Very well thought out and presented giving most of us weapons novices a tad more insight to what we can and can't do or acquire in our kit.

One aspect I think you'll agree and this much I have been made aware of by my son is that in general service practice the Special Forces seem to have a greater liberty when it comes to weapons caches. He told me his last unit were still using cut down .303's and FN SLR's as sniper rifles. I'll have to ask him what their main weapon is because I know they're not using the Steyr.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »

Thank you. And yeah, he's right, though my money will be some kind of M4 variant. They're just so ubiquitous and easy to modify. It's more just that we had to introduce a standardization process so we can better track things.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2019, 03:37:32 AM »

Cipher's Gun Chat - Alpha Site

So, back when I first started this, the Alpha Site had a massive defense force. This was deemed to be incredibly unrealistic and unnecessary and so the decision was made to scale them back hard. As a result, I updated the weapon list, dropping the F88 Austeyr from the lineup. This is because the US, France, and Sweden are providing the main troop contributions. Australia no longer is required, nor is Germany. And so, there are now only two specific weapons to denote at the Alpha Site that aren't seen elsewhere.

GIAT FAMAS G2

The FAMAS is the current service rifle of the French Armed Forces, though not this particular model (which is only in use with the French Navy). It is a bullpup 5.56 assault rifle, perhaps among the first to be adopted by a national military, and is well liked by French troops, who nicknamed it "Le Clarion" or "the bugle" for its shape. It has an impressively high rate of fire, though its modularity leaves something to be desired. Aftermarket rail mounts have given the weapon some options, but it has left the French to decide in 2018 to adopt the HK416 to replace it.

One major issue, however, is that the FAMAS F1 was built to use French steel-case ammo, not NATO standard brass ones. The problem is that when using NATO standard ammunition, the FAMAS F1 has a habit of ripping the casings apart during the ejection process, leaving fragments inside the chamber and causing a jam. The FAMAS G2, pictured, is the variant which was rebuilt to accept NATO standard ammunition instead, and is distinguished from the F1 by having a large trigger guard instead of a conventional one, for use with thick arctic gloves.

Saab-Bofors Ak5

The standard issue service rifle of the Swedish military, the Ak5 is a modification of the FN FNC, with some minor changes to meet requirements for operation in Sweden - mainly cold weather resistant finish, an enlarged trigger guard for use with thicker gloves, and a larger charging handle for the same reasons. It is denoted at first glance by the lacquer green finish.

The Ak5C, pictured, is the current version, having been upgraded to meet modern requirements. This included the inclusion of rail mounts, a shorter barrel length, a new stock, lighter polymer magazines, and a few other features and is now the standard issue service rifle. It can use NATO standard magazines like the FNC and old Ak5, the new magazines are just specifically issued to Swedish troops. A compact variant is in circulation for vehicle crews and personnel expected to operate in Close Quarters environments, but it is something of a rarity all the same.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »

Cipher's Gun Chat - ANNOUNCEMENT!

So, back in the second chat, I was going to take a quick poll and figure out who has to convert from using the M9 to something else by the end of Next Season. I've decided to do that now so there's ample time to set this up. I only did team personnel, since that's where the priority is. In short I will start this off on a Volunteer-first basis. We need a total of six characters to make the conversion, I don't rightly care how that is split up.

NOTE: If your character is already using a different sidearm or filed a custom request that was approved, you are not required for this count and that was factored into the number I generated based on the list. As such, Cam Mitchell, all of SG-7 and SG-12, Gallagher, and Sheppard are all considered to have satisfied this requirement and are not on this list. Anyone else who is on a team and is not one of those mentioned are currently assumed to still be using M9s. If you are not, please state as much so I know for future reference and I'll adjust the number I need to convert.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Not everyone is required to make the conversion, as stated, the M9A1 and new magazines addressed some of the problems but the confidence levels of the pistol are the lowest of all weapons in US Service. A total conversion will occur in 2017/2018 with the adoption of its replacement.

Your options are as follows -
1 - Conversion to one of the other options on the standard issue list:
 SIG Sauer P226/P228- 9x19mm
 M1911A1 Series- .45 ACP
 H&K USP Tactical - .45 ACP
 FNH Five-Seven - 5.7x28mm
SGC Teams ONLY - Zat
Atlantis Teams ONLY - Wraith Stunner

2 - You may submit a request for a non-standard issue model instead. I will handle these OPENLY here in order to give you all more insight on how this process works.

DEADLINE - If I do not get enough responses, I will randomly select six characters (as I will also have to assume they are using default weapons of a P90 and M9) and require them to convert. I have not set a hard date yet but if this doesn't seem like it's going anywhere, I'll set one and give fair warning before I do.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 112
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »

I'd like to swing off canon with Reynolds and give him the 1911, since I'm familiar with that weapon personally. Christian I think given his background may be using the SIG although I'd like your advice on that. Vala, whatever Cam tells her to use.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »

Okiedokie -

Reynolds - There are a ton of variants, but a fairly common one would be the Springfield Armory "Mil-Spec", which is a commercially produced version that most closely resembles the original deal. If you want one more elaborate, I can throw out a few options.

Christian - I'd concur on the background, the SIG Sauer P226R would make the most sense.

Vala - I'd like to see if anyone else volunteers first, just so it's not only on you to make the change. Otherwise, best bet would be a SIG to match the custom P226 X-FIVE that Cam got, either the 226 or 228.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

I can do this! :D

Cate:

Zat

Bonnie Heckman:

Sig 228
 Zat

Louise Nguyen:

Stunner (if available)

Sidney Bristow

Miki Sakai

Zat (on demand)

Maria Aguayo

M9

Jordan O'Neil

M1911A1 Series- .45 ACP
  Stunner

Abigail Lawson

M1911A1 Series- .45 ACP

Teyla Emmagan

unsure here?

F.J. Tucker

M9 still

Alecia Satterfield

M9

Lily Radovic

Sig 228

All the rest of my  characters are medical or pilots so they'd only be carrying for self defense. (Lily added merely because she's ship's captain. Alecia added because she is CO of DR-1 as well as pilot) Which reminds me, I can't even remember who else is on DR-1?

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2019, 02:11:01 AM »

I was intending for just active team personnel first, the rest kind of aren't part of my count. It also means I need to reconsider how to get others to change since that well and over went past the original numbers needed.

DR-1 kind of way fell by the wayside, that was supposed to also be Master Chief Hunter, and I don't think we should look to heavily at that until we sort everything else out. And do so in another thread.

Going forward - 1911-series is covering a very very wide field of clones. So, the basic model is going to be as previously stated, the Springfield Armory "Mil-Spec" series.

This is the closest and most economical choice that resembles the basic models. However, there are plenty of variants - newer ones to meet more tactical needs, compact "Officer" and "Commander" versions, and a few that are like Sheppard's - using double-stack magazines to double the ammo capacity from 7+1 to 14+1. I should point out that those do have wider grips and so they won't be ideal for someone with smaller hands.

These changes do not take effect immediately, as well. They can start as soon as next episode (or after Aftermath for Atlantis)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:34:05 AM by Cipherhornet18 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »

Yeah I know. Just covering my bases.

And yes, DR-1, that is a necessity we need at some point. Did have a full team way back....so now its just back to Alecia and Hunter if he stays alive.

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.Thaddeus might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »

DJ  Sig Sauer P226

Mike Baker -  M1911A1 Series- .45 ACP
Pages: 1 2 [3]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal