Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room  (Read 8027 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Gateroom and Control Room
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »

*Radio*

"Patching through now sir. Atlantis go ahead, you're connected with Vice Admiral Ian McRaven."

"Admiral? What happened to that English lady?" Amelia thought rather randomly. No time to contemplate. "Mr Woolsey we have Vice Admiral Ian McRaven on three sir via the SGC." She still couldn't get over how quickly command changed back on Earth. Political issues maybe?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:26:49 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2018, 09:49:27 PM »

*Intercom*

"I'll wait. In the meantime Amelia see if you can track down our friend Todd's whereabouts. We need to have a little one on one with him concerning these Vanir."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2018, 11:46:48 PM »

"Todd sir?" Amelia shook her head, trying to find him was like finding the proverbial needle, although she did have some vague idea. "I'll do my best Mr Woolsey, there are several places I can try if you like." Now where was that little dairy Colonel Sheppard left behind before he went on leave? Maybe Chuck would know?
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2018, 02:33:36 AM »

Having come up completely empty in searching for clues as to Todd's whereabouts (Chuck shrugged when asked) Amelia thought it best to wait to either hear from the Dreadnought or wait it out until she could ask Colonel Sheppard personally. She went about her duties which really didn't amount to much other than waiting for a team to dial in, or a request for someone to go off world. Other than that she merely wandered about the immediate area to get off her backside for a while. That went on for about thirty minutes when an alert began beeping on her station; she ran back to check and found an encrypted message from the Dreadnought. The ship was returning. The news she read was a relief, but curious; she needed to let Richard know of course but she also needed to call someone up to the control room. Amelia was wondering why when she did put that call through. "Colonel Horowitz, could you come up to the Control room please." Then she tapped the intercom. "Sorry to disturb you again Mr Woolsey, I've just received an encrypted message that the Dreadnought will be here within an hour. They do have Captain Jaworski alive sir."
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »

*Radio*

"Be right there."

>>From Psych Section - Med Bay Level>>

Annie headed toward toward the control console where Banks was sitting. "What does Atlantis have need of me today?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2018, 12:55:34 PM »

>From UNS Dreadnought -> Atlantis>

Thankfully, this time, personnel were waiting to relieve Mako of all the weapons and gear they had taken with them, instead of like how they left in such a disorganized fashion. They were all back in their digital desert fatigues, though, no longer wearing borrowed MARPAT. Michelle looked to her teammates once they were off-loaded.

"Take the rest of the day, unless we're heading right back out there. After Action Reports are due before lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow, we're going to start scoping around for setting up a Kill-House here, so get some ideas of what we should plan on." Michelle said, before taking a breath, "I know I lost my cool back there, but I want you all to know that I couldn't have gone up with a better team of shooters. Hopefully, the powers that be won't reshuffle the team on my account."

She jumped a little when Sheppard, who had been handing off his gear, save for his pistol, stepped up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Not happening, Lieutenant. Mako is staying together, you all did a good job out there. We got blindsided by a lot out there, and I'm pretty ticked off by a lot of it too." Sheppard said, letting go of her shoulder.

"Aye, sir. Thank you, sir." Michelle said, "Dismissed, Mako. I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow."

With smiles and nods, the rest of Mako headed off into the city. Michelle turned around to face Sheppard.

"I'm not sure why you think I'm going to replace you, Lieutenant. I don't have any other SEALs to run that team. O'Neil has her own team, and I'm not calling home to change up just because you got mad about Rhiase. Master Chief Hunter isn't the only one who hates her. The only problem is that, like Todd, she ends up putting me in situations where killing her isn't in our best interests at the time." Sheppard explained.

"When that changes, sir, she won't hear the shot." Michelle replied. Sheppard nodded, understanding the meaning.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:55:57 PM by Cipherhornet18 »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

>From UNS Dreadnought -> Atlantis>

SG-12 arriced in the gate room and glanced around, not that they were suprised to be in the gate room, they had just been wondering where they would have been beamed, because at least at the SGC there was no real standard. Sometimes they were beamed in to the gate room, sometimes the briefing or control room, Fred had even been beamed in to a random hallway before. Though once the Atlantis Personal had taken MAKO's weapons some of them approached SG-12 and Fred shook his head.
"No thanks." He said polity but sternly, not in a mood to argue. To many times had he handed in his personal weapons to an armoury and spent hours trying to get them back because some airman with a lack of brains had put them aside with standard weapons, it happened at the SGC, so he now kept his equipment in his room. It saved time on making sure everything was still how he used it.

He then overheard Heney mention her Kill House idea to Colonel Sheppard and decided to step over and try and be helpful, having just spent the ride home with her and McKay talking about weapons, it reminded him of when he was a REME Armouror.
"Sir." He said nodding to Sheppard before turning to Henley. "Left-enant." He began. "I overheard you were thinking about getting a Kill House here on Atlantis and I wondered if I could help." He wasnt trying to stroke his own ego, but if he was honest, he haddnt seen very many kill houses in the US that had impressed him the way the ones in the UK did, the two that came to mind was the one at Hereford and the one in London.
"I mean I'm a Major in the UKSF. I should be able to talk to a few people, swing my weight around and pull a few strings to get you all the information on the Kill Houses the UKSF use it should at least allow you guys to hit the ground running." He shrugged a little before adding. "Also if its people fighting people in your kill house might be worth getting those cool paintball M16's. Tends to make people a little more eager to avoide getting hit than the stupid MILES kit bleeping at you." He turned to step away but then remembered something.
"Oh and I know we never got to finish the conversation on the Dreadnought. But as you seam to be the more... Compitant influence between your new anti bag guy weapon, want me to chace up those kull disruptors when I get back to earth? Should mean they get here by the end of the week and you guys and the smart arses can get to work on modifying and playing with them, you know rather than wait four weeks for them to finally come through the supply chain." This time he didnt back away as he waited for an answer. he knew she was able to do all this her self but seeing as he would be going back to earth he was hoping to at least give the time scale on her set up of a kill house and development of a weapon a kick up the arse.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

*Intercom*

"For that Amelia I'm more than glad you did disturb me. See to it that the base is ready for their reception and as soon as Captain McFearson and Colonel Sheppard arrive I want to see them. For now I have some business to attend to in the Cafeteria, I'm sure you're aware of the why."

A few seconds after that call Richard walked passed the control desk whistling a light tune. Something had certainly lifted his spirits.

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »

>From UNS Dreadnought - Atlantis>

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman
Sgt. Robert Cheung
Cpl. Doyle Maxwell

Evan was stupidly glad to be back in Atlantis. He hoped Jaworski would be all right. Once he'd unloaded all his gear and changed into his house uniform, he'd check in with Sheppard and see what the man needed of him.

"You did well, team. Consider yourselves stood down off gate missions barring an emergency for a full day. I do want your AARs in my inbox by 1200 tomorrow, though."

His team acknowledged his orders, and they all went their separate ways.

Evan headed for the nearest transporter, grateful this mission had been a success. Or at least getting Jaworski physically returned to Atlantis was a success. As for whether he was really back, time would only tell.

>to quarters>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »

"Understood....sir..." Her eyes went wide when the old man walked behind her, whistling of all things, she had never heard him even hum a tune since she'd known him, much less whistle. Actually she never saw him crease his mouth into any semblance of a smile either, well not much of a one. "Yes sir." She reiterated when he was on the way down the stairs. Then thankfully Colonel Horowitz came up in good time.

"Yes ma'am. The Dreadnought is on her way if you can wait with me that would be great, they said an hour or less. I have a request from her CMO Doctor Carrie Svensson to have you on Stand by, as it seems the good Captain Jaworski may have some severe issues as far as his memory goes."

Then they waited and....waited. Sometimes even an hour could feel like a week in Atlantis. Eventually though another ping signaled the arrival of the ship, it wasn't long after that personnel began beaming down. Amelia went to the railing. "Welcome back everyone. Colonel Sheppard." She called to him. "Can you see Mr Woolsey in say about 30 minutes please oh and if any of you are thinking of getting something to eat in the cafeteria, um, well you can but not straight away, erm...we have something going down there." Now that sounded bad, she had to add. "Oh, not anything to be alarmed over though, I just can't say."

@Bluebell722 @Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:50:58 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!Cipherhornet18 has great potential!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:05 AM »

"I appreciate the offer, Major, but I think my first hurdle will be to get approval. As for the weapons, I think we still have some work to do. Maybe that railgun on that Genii/Vanir OICW dealy thing might have an answer. Or we make like a French mountain infantry sniper Ice knew who carried a .50cal and a Minimi." Michelle said with a grin.

"Thanks, Amelia." Sheppard said, and turned back to Michelle, "Take the rest of the night off, Lieutenant. I'll talk with Woolsey, and let you pitch your ideas to him tomorrow once you've had some time to yourself."

"Aye aye, sir." Michelle replied, before turning and heading to her quarters.

"Now, unless you guys had anything else to do, I think its about time we send you all back to the Milky Way." Sheppard said, looking to the SG Teams.

Hanley to Quarters ->

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:56 PM »

Annie nodded. "Thank you, Ms. Banks. Severe memory issues? Any indication of whether they're physiological or psychological or combination thereof? Does he need emergency medical care before I speak to him? Of course I will be glad to wait here with you."

Annie remained beside Amelia's control console but stayed out of the way of people traffic.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »

So far only Major River's team had beamed down, that left SG4 and where was Commander O'Neil and AR-3? That left her puzzled for a moment, she felt that team would be right behind Lorne's or Ar-1. "You're welcome Colonel. So far I think SG4 is still on the ship and did you see AR-3 before you left? I was wondering."

"Just call me Amelia please ma'am, I'm old fashioned, Mzzz doesn't click with me." There was the hint of a laugh there, Richard had gone down that road as well much to his dismay when she told him off. "The message only mentioned the fact, as of yet I have no other details. Would you like to speak with Doctor Svensson directly?"
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »

*radio*

“Atlantis base, this is Dr Svensson. We’re ready for transport to your medical department as per request in a few moments. Please have Dr Horowitz meet us there upon arrival.”

Bluebell722

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »

Annie smiled, inclined her head politely in acknowledgement of the gate technician's preferences. "Of course. Thank you, Amelia. Yes, I would like to speak to Dr. Svensson if possible. If her medical workups of the patient could be sent ahead for my review, I'd appreciate that too."

One thing she'd definitely need to do would be check in with MacFearson as well to see how she was holding up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:26:19 PM by Bluebell722 »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18