Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Level 27 - Briefing Room  (Read 17157 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Level 27 - Briefing Room
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2017, 08:31:14 AM »

Flynn flushed and looked down as Lena reprimanded her.  Yes, she probably shouldn't have gone off like that, but it had just frustrated her to see they hadn't waited for everyone.  She would have to be more careful though and keep her temper in check for now on.  It wouldn't do to lose it at the wrong time.

"Mine is ready," she said quietly.  She didn't need much and their bags were still packed from their trip.  Flynn didn't argue as Cate drug her away to follow the rest of their team.  Although she had to admit, seeing Fred was not helping.  Some friend he had turned out to be.  Oh well, that was in the past.

<<to Gate Room>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 186
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #481 on: February 14, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »

The hum of the Asgard beam was loud, it should be since two beams were activated at the same time. One from the Saggitta and one from the Victory, leaving four people standing in the Briefing room. Maria was near the large window when she appeared, looking down at the gate to see it active. She turned to the others speaking softly as she could clearly hear voices below in the control room. "Best grab some coffee I think, we're going to have to wait here for a while."

"I hope its better than the swill we've had on board these last few months, I could use a decent draft." Lily said heading over to the coffee bar. "Mesa, Ty what's your poison?" She asked, giving Maria a knowing look. She didn't have to ask the Latino, they had worked together previously so she knew her brew intently, the same as her own, black with two lumps.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »

Ty and Mesa blinked.  Neither one had ever gotten used to the whole beaming thing.  They were pilots after all.  "Cream and sugar," both answered at the same time.

Ty actually laughed.   "It's good to be home.  Maybe we won't get shot at for a bit."

Mesa rolled her eyes.  "I'd be good with that."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »

Maria ran her fingers across the finely polished table walking the full length of it before stopping at the CO's chair. She studied the blank screen of the laptop so very tempted to use it, the problem with that was if the base CO walked in she'd have some explaining to do. So instead she went over near Lily, opened up the little cupboard beneath the coffee machine finding a packet 'Walkers' Scotch shortbread biscuits and a plate. She emptied the entire contents of that before returning to the table setting it down. "I'm starving and I will 'not' talk to the boss on an empty stomach." Her light laughter could be infectious on most days.

Having made the coffee Lily found a tray to place them on, smiling happily when she noticed the motifs on the sides of the cups. The crest of each ship in the fleet with the SGC logo neatly in the middle of them all. She thought she may just steal one of them when they were done. Her own laughter was a match for Maria's even though from her few heard it, yet there were times she enjoyed a little levity. "Diets out the window Hon?" Those pearly whites gleamed in the neon ambience of the room. The conversation didn't falter from there onwards. "Ty, if I see another weapon aimed at me any time soon, I swear I will become a nun, live in a convent so far away from civilisation my only company will be myself." The look on her face told everyone she was deadly serious. But with Lily you never would know otherwise.

"What diet?" Maria grinned. "I can eat what I like you know, in fact I struggle to keep weight on."

"Yeah right." Lily did recall a much younger Maria at the Air Force academy who was somewhat heavier than she stood now. Maybe something else was at play here, the woman could have a Thyroid problem like Lily's own mother did. She shrugged it off in her usual skeptical way. "Mesa..." She finally started placing the cups down. "...best brew this side of Cuba, I don't even have to taste it, I can smell it." That heady aroma was quickly filling the room.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »

Ty walked around a bit, needing to stretch his legs and get out the kinks in his shoulders.  what he wouldn't give to be back on his family's ranch and take out one of the horses to blow off some steam.  It was always a great way to get relaxed again.  Unfortunately he didn't have that option.  A smile touched his lips at Lily's words.  "I think I would have to go hide in the mountains and never come back down.  I am tired of being shot at."

Mesa shook her head.  "I think we all are."  they had faced a lot more then what was normal.  And than that last attack they had just survived through had been horrible.  It had been pointless too.  "Oh, that smells wonderful and I could sure use a pick me up," she said, accepting the mug with a smile.  "Wow, didn't realize how much I had been missing a good cup of joe." She laughed.  "Diet?  Who has time to think about that?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2018, 01:17:58 AM »

VADM Ian McRaven

Coming up from the control room, McRaven set his cap and briefcase on the table. He wasn't quite ready to take over someone else's office while the seat was still warm from how recently it was vacated.

"I'm afraid that if you were expecting to meet with Air Vice Marshal Fraser, that's no longer the case. Seems the IOA shook the tree a little harder than usual this time and reshuffled things to the envy of a Vegas card dealer." McRaven said with a bemused grin on his face as he took a seat, "Vice Admiral Ian McRaven, formerly of US SOCOM, now I'm going to be temporarily running things around here. At ease, take a seat. I'm..."

McRaven was about to continue when he found that several files and a small case was set before him by an Airman at the behest of Walter, as if the Chief had predicted what the Admiral needed next. He flipped them open and scanned through the contents of the files.

"...at a disadvantage, but not nearly as much of one as I think I am. Right, so, the three of you are being transferred from the Saggitta, but it seems I've only got muster orders for three of you to the Coral Sea? I thought she was deco...oh. That's not at all confusing. Right, so Colonel Aguyao, Major McCaffry, and Captain Jackson, you're reassigned to the Coral Sea. But while I don't have a deployment order for you, Colonel Radovic, I do seem to have something else for you." McRaven said, clearing his throat.

"By order of the President of the United States, Lieutenant Colonel Lillian Radovic is hereby promoted to the rank of Colonel, United States Air Force, effective on this date. So then these would be more currently appropriate for you." McRaven handed over the small box that contained the silver eagle insignia of a full Colonel."Congratulations, Colonel." McRaven said.

"However, it does seem that the brass in DC do want to see you regarding events that recently transpired. Is there anything that I need to be made aware of at this time, or is it something I'll hear about at a later date?" McRaven finally concluded.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:13 PM »

Well there goes the diet conversation out the widow, or more precisely in this place out through the Stargate. Maria stood to attention smartly when the new arrival introduced himself. "Sir!" She said smartly, "...pleased to meet you, although I do admit it comes as a surprise to me and I guess my friends here. We barely knew the Air Vice Marshall really, so its all just a flow on I suppose you could say. As for our orders, we do in fact have them. After a 24 hour leave, we're to report to the Seattle ship yards as soon as practical." It was kind of funny to Maria, that all those people up there in Washington state had no idea at all what went on deep underground a disused section of the enormous Boeing property. To the point ships had been launched several times at night with no one even suspecting anything had taken place. Cloaking helped a lot on that score.

Then his attention was turned to the former CAG of the Victory, Maria had an inkling as to what was coming, so much so she could barely contain herself.

Without any fuss, Lily stood to greet the man, he normally frowny face only changed slightly to an acceptable acceptance of what the Admiral was about to do. She wasn't big on protocol, regulations or just about anything else that came with the package, yet she could be formal Air Force when the moment required. This was one of those occasions, reward for the hard work she had done over the last three years getting herself back together again, giving her best even at times when she wanted to rebel. "Thank you Admiral I am honored to receive it, more so from you as I am very familiar with your name and your service. I believe you have met my father some years ago, Brigadier General Michael Radovic, I think it was a Joint Services meeting just prior to his retirement back in 2008." She wasn't sure on the details, only that at the time as a newly minted Lieutenant Colonel she was more focused on saving her career than anything else. Taking the Eagles as if they were the Crown Jewels, she clutched them tightly to her chest.

Finally Maria could let it out, she wanted to hug her friend, despite the weird on and off relationship they had, she still counted her as being close. "Congratulations Lily, you've more than earned it."

Lily turned to the brunette, finally a smile broke out. "You're next you know that Ria, I'd say six months." They were only separated by one class in the academy, that was all.

All Maria could do was blush scarlet.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:14:58 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »

Ty and Mesa quickly snapped to attention.  Apparently the goofy conversation was done for now.  They both nodded as they had been given their orders already.  24 hours was going to go way too fast though.

"Lily! That's great news," Mesa smiled.  "You so deserve it."
"Congratulations, " Ty added.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #488 on: February 22, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »

VADM Ian McRaven

"I recall, Colonel. But I'm afraid that we don't seem to have much time to reminisce. McRaven said as the the Stargate opened up yet again. But, to be fair, he didn't mind the pace, it was better to be busy than to be bored.

"So, again, congratulations. Colonel Aguyao, Major McCaffry, and Captain Jackson, looks like you three have the next 22 hours to do with as you see fit before you have to be back here for beaming to Seattle. Colonel Radovic, you should be getting the details of when and where you're supposed to be in DC for a debrief with Homeworld Command, but I believe you have 24 hours before you need to meet your flight there. That's all that I have, you're all free to go." McRaven said, as yet another Airman arrived with a Hardbook laptop for him.

"Sir, SG-9 just arrived." The Airman said.

"Thank you." McRaven said as he opened the laptop and logged in before reaching for the phone, pressing the button to Walter's station.

"Chief, can you please have SG-9 report to the briefing room? I'd like to check in with them and any other teams that come back while I'm waiting for the Air Vice Marshal's office to be finished cleared." McRaven said.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #489 on: February 22, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »

Neither did she, Lily didn't exactly get along with the old man in any case, so that was provident for her. She held her cards close most of the time, not now though, as the struggle to achieve this much sought after rank was so precious to her now. It had been a hard road, all her own doing of course, she wouldn't shrink away from that. "Again Admiral I am grateful. I think though I will go early if Walter has my flight arrangements. I know DC well and getting settled in for what maybe a long few days with the investigation committee is on top of my list." She then gave her attention back to Maria, Mesa and Ty.

"Yeah well it was overdue wasn't it?" At least she was sort of grinning now, somehow the Admiral's presence had altered her mood. No guessing why, even though she knew before hand, it was always nice getting it in person. "Guys, I am going to pack and run, you have my number, call me when you get to Seattle okay?"

The brunette looked chuffed for two reasons, she was happy for her friend and she was over the moon concerning her new command with the added bonus she wasn't going to be separated from Mesa and Ty. The three of them had been through too much together. "Take care of yourself Lily." Maria told her giving the other woman a quick hug. "I'll make sure 'we' call." She added giving the other two a steady glance. Taking a long step back Maria acknowledged Ian just a moment before the Airman entered. "A lot of packing sir, I think for me at least 22 hours will be cutting it fine." Her face was beaming, barely able to contain herself. "I will make sure though we arrive with time to spare. Mesa, Ty, we have things to do. Sir!" Maria slipped her beret on to make it official, giving the Admiral a perfect salute. Last goodbyes were in order, then a little leave.

<<To Seattle soon>>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:35:52 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

*Intercom*

"They'll be right up sir."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »

Mesa grinned.  "You know we'll call and you take care of yourself."  She couldn't believe so much had happened in such a short time and to think she still got to work with Maria and Ty despite having a new assignment.  She couldn't have been happier.  She nodded to Ian.  "Sir, thank you sir.  If there is anything else you know how to find us."

Ty was ready to go.  He wanted a shower and to get packing.  He gave Lily a salute before turning to follow the others.  "I don't know about anyhow else but I could go for a shower and huge burger," he said, waiting for them to get the okay to head out.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2018, 04:37:39 PM »

Mesa, Ty, Maria and Lily all promptly left the briefing room to head for their next roles. The first three a short leave, Lily directly to DC.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »

<<From Gate Room<<

Albert's now uncovered head came up the winding staircase with his muddied boots stamping out a cadence on the steel grill steps. A frown creased his brow when expecting to see the British commander there to greet them, instead he found a male, Navy by his uniform sporting admiral's rank. Puzzled he stopped before approaching, then figuring that perhaps this fellow was filling in, he went by his natural tendency to question most everything. Moving on he cleared his throat. "Excuse me sir, Colonel Albert Reynolds commander of SG9, I was expecting Air Marshal Fraser to be here?"

@NG @sorra @Mim @Cipherhornet18

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »

<<from gate room>>

Bryan followed Albert up the stairs,   he felt dirty and groudy but apparently that didn't matter at the moment.  When the brass called they jumped.  Although he did wonder how long this debriefing would take.  Not that it mattered really,  he would sir still no matter how long.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

lethal-pageant