Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SG teams and Ships for Bowsy 112's Stargate Fan Fiction AU  (Read 650 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
SG teams and Ships for Bowsy 112's Stargate Fan Fiction AU
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »

I know this dosnt exactly fall in to the Fan Fiction Category. But I felt it was close enough.

Whilst I was alone at Uni for  weekend I decided to write this up as when ever I wrote fan fictions I sort of got tired of having to make up names and roles for teams and their members. So I made a graph of all the SG team, primary offworld support teams and ships from my own fanfiction universe.
(Not including SG-Red as that is made up of the base medical staff and not necessarily a proper SG-Unit.)

My own fan-fiction AU dose share some aspects, such as the SG-4 team roster, with the Lost Worlds RP. Most of it is very different.

But I thought I would post it here, it may inspire people or not, but I put effort in to it and wanted to show it off. It is not the final version of the graph as I continue to work on it in my spare time.

My Fan Fiction Universe goes up to around 2014 at the latest.

Each team has the following infomation:
Team Name, Role, Year of Activation, Current team nationality, Branch (Where applicable.), Number of Members, Team Leader, Team Members and finally the weapons carried by the team. (This last bit is mostly a note to myself so I can have a rough idea on the firepower possesed by each team. As seen in the early stages in Season 1, though SG-1 and SG-2 were both exploration teams. SG-1 carried less fire power than SG-2)

There is also a section for the ships.

Each ship has the following infomation:
Ship Name, Ship Class, Yer of Activation, Ship Nationality (I am ware many ships have people from all nationalities on board but this is more a general overview, such as the Odyssey being mostly american, the Koralev being Russian and the Sun Tzu being Chinese.), Ship Branch. (What branch of the military most of the staff are from.) Assigned Group. (What Battlegroup the ship is Assigned too. (Though in the show this seams to not mean much as both Odyssey and Deadlus are  in the same Battle Group (First Attack Wing.) Though operate rather differently.), Ship Commander, Ships Crew, and lastly the nmes of the assigned fighter squadrons.

So yeah feel free to hve a look and ask questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_OkL1I5XFwagEh-fdmfs2M_-jeEoTxFBStVyd9FWT8/edit?usp=sharing

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
Re: SG teams and Ships for Bowsy 112's Stargate Fan Fiction AU
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »

If anybody is interested I updated this.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 243
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:26:25 PM »

I am :D Sorry I never saw this earlier. Checking now tho  :yes:

One comment I would like to make, it regards the ships as that has been my main expertise over the years. There has been miles and miles of discussion on this topic, re naming and owning of ships within the Stargate program; thus, no one but the US and perhaps China could afford to build them. As of 2006 it was stated that each 304 would cost 7 billion, with added inflation, 2014 would see that blow out to over 9 billion. Countries like Australia as of 2017-18 are spending 36 billion on defence, in 2014, that was 27 billion. Unless those costs could be dramatically cut by production efficiencies you are not going to see anyone other than those two nations, produce a 304. Russia is flat broke still in 2014 so they would find it hard as well. You 'might' see some agreement whereby funds are provided on a scale suitable for each nation for the US to build extra ships, with within that agreement crews are provided from those countries to help man the ships.

Lastly, Australia would never ever name a ship after a politician no matter how much he was respected. Even our older subs that were named after naval heroes was rubbished in the public arena. Its not something we're fond of doing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:39:33 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:18:28 AM »

I know about the naming. I origionally wrote this with the three commonwealth ships being Posidon, Zuse and Hades. Then realized no nation would take Hades. Basically. I ran out of options that were unique.

As for who produced them. That would be America. Who then gifted them to other gate alliance signatories.
I mean the US built the Koralev and the Sun Tzu.

I had a whole story based on the politics of it. Hopfully I can find it. Its not 100% super authentic but I have tried to keep it in the same style ss seen on the show. I also boosted the preduction numbers. As they went from 1 ship a year in the show too two in its final year. So in my head they have reached a point where producing themhas become quicker.

Though in reacent stories they have had ro more Production off world to a dedicated ship yard that is on a planet naturally abundant with thevresources required.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:37:32 AM »

With Australia it would be Gallipoli, Anzac Cove, Monash, Blamey, Beersheba, etc...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 243
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »

Most Commonwealth nations have a naming protocol. I can't comment on the others but over here we focus on the following.

Capitol ships.

City names, ie Canberra, Sydney etc. Though not if they are already commissioned ships

Others

Famous battles: those first two mentioned by Robert would be valid. Others would be ie: Moresby, Tobruk, Java Sea, Leyte, Matapan, Rabaul, El Alamein. There are a lot of them.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »

Unfortunately. I am very aware that in the UK naming a ship after a battle would not go down well.

Basically in my mind the naming protocol came around because it breaks everybody's rules. (I mean Canada, Australia and Britain. by Everybody.) It was originally going to be the head Naval Official of each country during the Second World War. But I know that wouldnt go down well in the UK but Churchill though maybe not ideal. Its easier to except rather than a Military officer.

And really Going against typical naming traditions isn't unheard of for naming Stargate Ships. I doubt the US would have named any real naval ships after greek stories.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »

One of the safest approaches in naming ships in this instance would be to use older ship names that are no longer in use. As we saw in the show there was objection to naming the first few 304's after Greek gods, that changed with the Sun Tzu, Chekov and the Hammond. With Americans, they do love to apply names of war heroes, that appeals to them.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »

The UK does name warships after battles. RAMILLES, MALPLAQUET, AGINCOURT.

Bowsy, are the Kelts included in your AU? Because if they are, they they are paying the SGC one trillion a year. That money is meant for ship procurement and construction.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »

The MOD wouldnt allow something like that in the 21st century.

Again. I know its not perfect. But I like it and am sticking to it. Also I have written like 12+ stories with them in.

Also no. No kelts

The money isnt a huge problem. The way I have it down is that the Americans. Though in most part HomeWorldCommand used the ships as bargning tools. They would give them out to other nations if they pledged a certain amount a year to helping fund the whole thing, as well as commiting to a larger role in all aspects of the SGC (where possible anyway.) Along with the inadapendent xrewing running and maintaniabce of these ships and lastly that they all run under the command of Homeworld Command.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:55 AM »

Another update if anybody is interested, I've added a page full of wonderful details about the equipment carried by SG-12, Colonel George Sanderson when he goes off world and the equipment carried by the Royal Marines that serve on the British BC-304.

Sorry did I say Wonderful? I meant Boring to most people.

lethal-pageant