Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 57 times)

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Thaddeus A new starter.
Mass Effect
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »

Genre: Sci-fi
People Required: Unlimited
Acronym: ME

Premise: This is more of an interest check than anything; been recently playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time and it's something I would be interested in roleplaying in the X-Zone. Just wondering whether anyone would want to join me on it.

It doesn't have to necessarily be ME:2 but at the same time, I think it would be cool to have it based around that time period. Canon characters will most likely be around and playable if the player so wishes to, so say like Shepard and co. and their adventures or a completely OC team.

Rules/Limitations: Nothing too OP in the ME realm. So, I would say the Reapers/Collectors would most likely be NPC characters.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:47:02 AM by Thaddeus »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »

I'm down. I have a team I can use, I generated them for a different game idea Josh and I thought of trying, set in another part of Andromeda with a different plot arc. The idea being that a strike force like the Multiplayer "N7" strike team was trying to drive Cerberus off of a Prothean station when the station "jumped" after activating a stasis field, putting them all in the setting of ME: Andromeda but nowhere near the cluster the Arks ended up. But given how bad Andromeda was, probably best to let that one lie.

Either way, I've got a team and I'm up for it.

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 12:06:32 PM »

@Ciperhornet18

Sounds like a cool idea to me! I'd be down to hearing what everyone else would like to see in the game. N7 would be cool - I'd be bringing a Turian to the table, if that's the case. Would it be preferable if we have set it just as they have jumped?

Or did you have anything more specific?

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »

I could be interested if it were more centred around us each playing one OC of an OC team of some sort. I ain’t familiar with ME2 much but I know a bit about the universe in general. Either way hopes yous have fun with this.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:53:52 PM »

The team was only because we were padding it out, but I imagine the best bet for a setting would be ME3.

My character was an N7 rated Infiltrator (not a Shadow though, she just had the blade as a melee), primarily a sniper but with a little Tech, shes good at closer ranges.

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »

@Shadowlord I mean that's definitely an option, as much as playing a canon would be too.

@Cipherhornet18 Ahh gotcha. That could be good - we could center it around the Reaper invasion and then have our own teams assembled who band together in some shape?

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:37:00 PM »

I love the design of mass Effect... :yes:

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »

I say ME:3 because as lore states, no one else responded to the Collector threat except Shepard and Cerberus. The Alliance was too slow to react and the Council pretty much ignored it as it was in the Terminus Systems. The closest that anyone got was Vega's team, and it turned out to be for nothing as Shepard defeated the Collectors.

I've gone quite deep into the lore of this game series, it was pretty good for having pretty much come from nowhere. It's just a shame that ME:3 had to die on such a bad note (because the story writing after Rannoch was done by two writers who locked themselves in a hotel room for a couple weeks and then said that the ending they came up with was the only way it was happening) and then ME:A further ruined things (because the game had an actual development time of 8 months with very little QA and a dev team more interested in posting incendiary hate on Twitter).

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »

I've started playing ME:3 now - so catching up slowly on what's happening.

Yeah, I'm just surprised at how poor the graphics were for ME:A, even being the newer game - unless that has been fixed up?

Anyway, so we have the Reapers coming and invading - i was just thinking on how we can have the OC characters fit in around that plot.

Sorry if this is more ramble than sense, I needed more sleep but screwed over my sleep pattern again.