Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 264

Author Topic: Role Play OOC  (Read 82997 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Role Play OOC
« Reply #3825 on: February 12, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »

An attack on Lucia will bring massive Kelt retaliation. Kelts inhabit Lucia, and Keltia considers itself to be the protecting power of Kelts anywhere.

I don't believe so Robert, you've taken leave as I recall. Plus I do not see any indication of Kelt presence whatsoever on Lucia, that world and its outlying territories are under the control of the Goa'uld, I highly doubt both parties would be there sharing the occupancy. If somehow you feel the Kelts have some claim over former Lucian Alliance territory, we need to see where that is written and applies.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #3826 on: February 12, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »

Keltia does not have a claim on Lucian Alliance territory. It does consider itself the protecting power of Kelts everywhere. And I understand that Lucia is inhabited by Kelts.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #3827 on: February 12, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »

Is there any source for that?

I find some issues with the idea for a few reasons:
1. They're enemies of the Goa'uld and, as such, it's unlikely that the Goa'uld wouldn't be opposed in principle to, you know, allowing enemies to live on their own world.
2. They're technologically advanced. Goa'uld do not accept technologically advanced people unless they are under their own control and even then this is rare. Grundel appears to rule a fairly post-modern society (really pushing her luck there) but I doubt that she'd allow a similar society to live in parallel to her own AND outside of her grasp.
3. They're near-abscended people, which makes the fable of Goa'uld godhood hard to sell to the people. You stop believing that your own ruler is a god when there's a bunch of fairly common people who look just like you who can move stuff without touching it and read your mind. Stuff that not even your supposedely divine ruler can do. And, as people stop believing in the fable, people also stop following the "god" in question.
4. As near-abscended people, this should make them targets for the worst and most brutal kind of extermination, leaving barely a few dozen to be implanted with squeaking eels who'd love a hok'tar. They're powerful people and a fairly common Goa'uld maxim is to concentrate power, whatever that is, in whatever form, in their hands, leaving everyone else powerless and subject to their caprices.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #3828 on: February 12, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »

Because I said so.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3829 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »

Oh boy. Um no Robert, there are no Kelts on Lucia. Lucia is the old provence of the Lucian alliance made up of many alien races including humans who are not of Kelt stock. I think you are mislead here merely because of Grundel's rule. The only Kelt ancestors in her and Allienna's domain are the Leopard clans of Gleanavar and again, the Kelts have zero dominion over them as well. They are transported by Morrigan in the 9th century AD, the Asgard had nothing to do with that lot.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #3830 on: February 12, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »

OK. I thought I had read that there were Kelts on Lucia.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #3831 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »

Guys - we've lost the locker room in that back up that back fired at us a while back...

Also realized when reading/looking back there, that the initial meeting between Al and Tim in the Gym is lost too.  :^

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #3832 on: February 13, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »

We also appear to have lost the Gamma site. I knew SG-12 had a mission there and was looking for it. But cant find it for the life of me.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3833 on: February 13, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »

It does appear that way to me. I believe it may have been around the time we lost part of the forum backups. It should be easy to recreate if you can recall anything specific about it.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #3834 on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »

Ok, locker rooms created... Have fun! :P

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #3835 on: February 13, 2018, 04:43:24 PM »

In the meantime Khnum has received Grundel's request and is coming to the lucia planet, also to see if he can recolonise it in a more secure way and perhaps claim it on his behalf, snatching it from his rival. :D

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3836 on: February 13, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »

In the meantime Khnum has received Grundel's request and is coming to the lucia planet, also to see if he can recolonise it in a more secure way and perhaps claim it on his behalf, snatching it from his rival. :D

:lol he would have about as much chance as a mouse taking the food out of a lion's mouth :P
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #3837 on: February 13, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »

How about a romance between Steven Caldwell and Ishta?????

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #3838 on: February 13, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »

My official retirement date is April 14.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3839 on: February 13, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »

How about a romance between Steven Caldwell and Ishta?????
  :fp I think Teal'c might get just a little annoyed about that  >(
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 264

lethal-pageant