Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room  (Read 18920 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 163
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 28 - Gate Room
« Reply #645 on: February 08, 2018, 12:36:55 AM »

Just as he was finishing up, Walter saw the reflection in his monitor. The man was so quiet he didn't hear his footsteps which told him immediately this was no ordinary visitor. He swung his chair about, looked the officer up and down with his little eyes going wide; then shot up so straight he almost pulled his back out. "Ouch." He moaned to himself.

The cuff insignia wasn't lost on him either, without a cap he could only stand at attention, though he wished he could be more formal. "Admiral Sir, yes that would be me sir. How can I help you?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Veteran52

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Veteran52 A new starter.
« Reply #646 on: February 08, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »

...as the elevator settled onto the 28th floor, a Navy CPO walked out and asked.."Where can I find Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman, airman?" 

The airman pointed to the gateroom door and said.."He's on duty Chief!!" 

"Thank you son", with a curt smile, the CPO headed into the control room and roared.."Walter..wheres my coffee?"

"My apologies Admiral", his face getting red.."Walter and I are old friends.."!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:59:56 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #647 on: February 08, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »

VADM Ian McRaven, USN

Ian smiled politely and held out his hand to shake hands with Walter.

"At ease, Chief. Vice Admiral Ian McRaven. I..." He was about to say more when they were loudly interrupted by someone else coming into the control room. As a man who had commanded SEALs since the mid-80s, he knew another SEAL when he saw one.

"Relax, it's fine. My presence here is something of a shock to me as well. I was given a rather abrupt phone call from the IOA to catch the first flight from MacDill this morning. I'm not quite sure of the circumstances, but about all I managed to get from a rather curt guy on the other end of the line was that I'm temporarily taking over from Air Vice Marshal Fraser." McRaven explained, more for Walter's benefit than anything, to explain why the head of US Special Operations Command was suddenly at the SGC.

"My understanding is that the base's executive officer is a Colonel Davidson, but that she was out at the moment, so it was suggested to me that I come speak with you on getting up to speed." He concluded.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »

Just when he was wishing for something to happen, everything fell to happening all at once. Walter almost went dizzy from twisting his head left to right as his old friend Cooper turned up, loudly as usual. (He suspected the man might be slightly deaf from all those years with his ears next to a gun). He stammered for about one second. "Where it usually is Cooper." Composure regained, the admiral helped with that, already he liked the man.

"Yes sir, AVM Fraser informed me about five minutes ago, but I can see the buzzfeed from Washington here on my screen, it went down between the Pentagon and the Ministry of Defense about two hours ago, so I think that's when you were called." Now he knew the name, he saw him here quite some time ago. "Admiral McRaven, this is Chief Cooper Morgan, a SEAL like yourself. He's just come off leave sir, and...." He made the pause for dramatic effect for his buddy. "...he's being posted to SG1." Next line of business, bringing the man up to speed.

"Well sir, you may want to take a seat, you to Coops. This is going to take a while." He knew it, he figured both of them did to hear what has gone down even in the last 48 hours.
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Recruit
« Reply #649 on: February 09, 2018, 04:50:35 PM »

"Aye, Sir!  Coffee can wait,  Im looking forward to being 'brought up to speed. sir. Ive been on leave, but now Im ready for some action!"

Cooper grinned broadly at Walter's timely intel. "Thanks for the good news buddy!  I'd just about 'kill' for a position in this program!" Which suddenly made him change his mind about the brew.  "Anyone want some coffee?  I'll go get us some" he smiled...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:05:25 PM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
  • Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.Cipherhornet18 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #650 on: February 12, 2018, 12:27:55 AM »

VADM Ian McRaven, USN

By the time Walter had gotten the Admiral and Chief Cooper up to speed in the broad terms, Sarah, Cam, and Vala had arrived.

"Well, I am pleased to announce that we can welcome Debra and George O'Neill into the world." Cam announced as he walked into the control room. The personnel there took a moment to give a round of applause at the good news.

"That's great news, I'll make sure it gets passed along." McRaven said, and extended a hand to Cam. "Vice Admiral Ian McRaven, I'm taking on the role of commanding this installation with the absence of Air Vice Marshal Fraser."

Cam took the offered hand and shook it, "Colonel Cameron Mitchell, sir, SG-1."

"A pleasure, Colonel. Chief Harriman here tells me that you're going to be putting SG-1 back together. I believe Chief Morgan is part of that." McRaven said, gesturing to Cooper.

"Ah, yes sir, that's the plan." Cam turned to Sarah and Vala, "Sir, this is Colonel Sarah Davidson, second in command of the SGC. And Vala Mal Doran, also of SG-1." McRaven stepped in to shake both of their hands.

"A pleasure as well, Colonel. Ms. Mal Doran. I'm still getting situated at the moment, but Chief Harriman has brought me up to speed with the broad strokes with the current situation. Less than ideal, especially with the sudden onset of issues with the Kelts, but hardly anything too serious at the moment." McRaven explained.

"Sir, with your permission, I'd like to contact Teal'c of the Jaffa. While not all of the Free Jaffa are exactly happy with us, General O'Neill and Colonel Carter both have earned the respect of a lot of them, they're going to want to hear the good news. Additionally, I was suggested to meet with Teal'c and Ishta for our fourth candidate for SG-1." Cam replied.

"Permission granted, Colonel. And take Chief Morgan with you if you go to meet with them. By the sounds of it, he's going to tear the walls down if he's stuck here any longer." McRaven said with a wink and a grin, "Chief Harriman, go ahead and get it set up. Colonel Davidson, if you have a few minutes, I'd like to speak with you one-on-one."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #651 on: February 12, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »

Having covered everything from the Destroyer war, to Mike Jaworski's disappearance, the War on the Alpha site, personnel changes and everything in between, Walter was dry. He downed his now cold coffee in one long draw before he was ready to plow on. He knew he was going to like the Admiral from the first two minutes, the man's observation of Cooper was spot on.

"I'll get onto that immediately sir." He told him. He went through the motions of dialing up Ar'k'nath , the Free Jaffa home world. The last chevron settled into place, then he spoke. "Ar'k'nath , this is the SGC, may we speak to Teal'c or Ishta please." With them it was always courtesy first, one dare not set a foot wrong not knowing who might be on the receiving end.

A reply came back rather swiftly. Walter knew the man who spoke. "This is Rea'gin of the Red Hills, please wait while we seek out one who can speak to you."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #652 on: February 12, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »

The speakers of the PA system within the Control room burst into life.

*Sub Space Communications*

"This is Grundel, sister to Queen Allienna, heir to Morrigan, ruler of Lucia. Within eighteen hours a large unknown fleet will be in our system over the home world, I am requesting aid as per our most recent treaties to thwart this threat as I believe if not counted now will expand into all systems threatening the peace we enjoy within the galaxy."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #653 on: February 12, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »

All the way from the car park Vala was doing her best to fend off the wolf whistles, advances along with the general fuss the men of the base made of her. In hindsight she thought perhaps she should have changed, though being who she was, Vala just made the best of it until the three of them found themselves once more standing in the Control room. For Vala it had been some three months, that extended leave did her good, yet now was the right time to get back into it, she was more than looking forward to having the 'band' back together as Cameron had so often said.

With the introduction she made sure she didn't put a step wrong, she had done enough of that in the past that some of the things she had tripped up on still gave her bizarre images in her mind now and then. "A pleasure to meet you Admiral." She told him more than cheerfully giving the Navy chief petty officer a approving look at the same time. On the cusp of saying something about Ishta and Teal'c relationship she was stopped with her mouth open on hearing the speakers rattle off that message. "Here we go again save the galaxy one more time." She mumbled to herself.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #654 on: February 13, 2018, 12:19:15 AM »

VADM Ian McRaven

"Colonel Mitchell, continue as you were. I think we're going to need SG-1 operational sooner rather than later." McRaven said, before waving Sarah up closer to him.

"Colonel, what can you tell me about this Grundel character? And are we bound by treaty with her and her forces?" McRaven asked quietly.

"Yes, sir." Cam looked to Walter, "Let Teal'c or Ishta know what's going on, and tell them that Sam said they had a candidate for SG-1 we'd like to meet. We'll cross through and meet up with them there in a few."

He then looked to Vala and Chief Morgan, "C'mon, we're going to head over there to meet our fourth. Plus, the Jaffa might have more intel on what's going on with Grundel." Cam said, waving them to follow him as he headed for the locker rooms.

Veteran52

• Recruit
« Reply #655 on: February 13, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »

As Chief Morgan stepped into the locker room, a grin started to form.."certainly starting offWell, this day is  on the right foot!"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:37:21 PM by Veteran52 »

Veteran52

• Recruit
« Reply #656 on: February 13, 2018, 04:12:52 PM »

With his gear spread out about him, it was as if he had never left.  But this was going to be a new step in his life.  To actually 'step' through an alien device and walk onto a new world was..Cool!!

"Hmmm, uniforms a little tight, must have been those last 3 chili dogs!" He checked himself out in the mirror, to see if he had forgotten anything..Nope, my grenade launcher was strapped down on his leg and 2 Fifth ave. candy bars were in his back-pak!  Last thing to go on was his new 'sunnies' and his ballcap, from Operation Slipper, a gift from a friend of his who had also been a sniper! "Cooper Morgan, reporting for duty Sirs!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:16:47 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #657 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00:13 PM »

*Radio*

A slightly interferenced affected reply came back "Walter Harriman it has been a long time. It is Ishta, how can I help you this eve?"

The old veteran looked around him, it was all on his head now. Enjoyable nonetheless. "Thank you for coming so quickly ma'am. Colonel Mitchell would like to come over to discuss some things with you. Colonel Carter said that you had a prospective candidate to take on Teal'c big shoes with SG1. Plus there seems to be some problems on Lucia, we received a message from Grundel a few moments ago regarding that fleet we've been jointly tracking."

"Ah yes, Taleeya one of my best. She expressed interest as soon as Teal'c called for a volunteer among our numbers. She did well in his trials set for the Jaffa who had applied, in fact there was no other choice when the scores were tallied. Inform Colonel Mitchell it will be a pleasure to see him again." *paused* "I can confirm that Walter, although at this point given our present circumstances we may not be able to assist, at least not immediately."

Walter glanced up once more, then responded. "Very well ma'am. I'll tell the Colonel, you can expect him in the next 15 minutes. Walter out." He clicked off his handset, the next part was up to Cam.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:04:03 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #658 on: February 14, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »

Cam had gladly changed back into his OD fatigues, not at all bothered with coming back to work a day early. Probably someone up in Admin would have a fit to throw, but there were joys to wearing those shiny eagles on his shoulders (or collars, as the case was more likely to be). One of them was that Admin was a lot less uppity with him on minor issues...

Outside the door, while waiting on Vala and Cooper, a Tech Sergeant with the Armory staff approached him with a hard black plastic locking case. He held it up for Cam.

"Sir. This has been waiting for you in the armory since you returned from Atlantis. From Colonel Sheppard. He asked that the minute you were about to go off-world again to present it to you as your future sidearm." The Sergeant said, and then opened it up. Before Cam even looked at the pistol inside, his eyes were drawn to a note, which he took out and read.

Cam,

Thanks for holding down the fort. I figured you could use something that has some flair to it but would still serve you well out there. If not, it's still yours, take it home and get some practice on the range with it.

-Sheppard

Cam chuckled to himself as he folded up the note and looked over the pistol. It was a SIG Sauer P226, but was far from the same as the P226s Cam had seen being used around before. In fact, it was slightly bigger, with a stainless steel slide, black alloy frame and walnut grips, and Cam was pretty sure he had seen it in a movie that came out last year...

"It's from SIG's X-FIVE line, sir. Competition grade, every one of them is hand built in Germany. Colonel Sheppard did ask that we ensure it's good to go, the sights are 100% zeroed and she's as smooth as silk. Takes standard capacity 226 mags, that was a request made for this weapon, and there's something else you might like about it, sir. If you'll take a look at the opposite side." The Tech Sergeant said. Cam took the pistol out of the box, taking a moment to rack the slide back and inspect that it was clear before doing just that.

Engraved on the slide, just ahead of the ejection port, was the word "SHAFT", his callsign.

"Well, it would be a shame to let this sit in a locker or safe. Alright, I'll take it with me." Cam said, guiding the slide back into battery and thumbing the hammer down slowly. The Tech Sergeant nodded and handed over his magazines for the pistol, which Cam slotted one into the pistol and the other three he put into his vest before finally holstering the rather nice handgun.

He then headed into the Gate Room to a rather excitable Chief Petty Officer, and shook his head as he approached.

"Look, I'm not super worried about rank here, never have been. Back when I first took command of SG-1, it was two Lieutenant Colonels, a Civilian and two aliens. And at this point, we're going to be you, me, and two aliens." Cam explained, before pulling the grenade launcher from Cooper and handing it over to one of the armory staff.

"Number two; take a breath and calm down. We're just going to Ar'k'nath to visit with the Jaffa. I understand it's your first time through the gate, I was pretty darn excited too. But let's leave the leg howitzer behind for today." Cam continued, giving the man a pat on the shoulder. He then turned to accept a P90 from the armory staff handing them out to the team. They handed one over to Cooper, and one was waiting for Vala, as were their sidearms.

As they waited for Vala, Cam looked to the gate and took a breath before pulling on his ballcap.

"It's good to be back."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #659 on: February 14, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »

A woman has to look her best in this case though Vala cleaned off the make up she had been wearing, she scrubbed herself up rather well in the short space of time she was in her room. A light touch of powder to her cheeks, just a hint of lippy was all she would dare to use, after all they were going to visit friends. On the way back she swung by the armory along with the QM store nearby to gather her things, hopefully this time she turned up in the right outfit as she vividly recalled Cam's expression a few months ago when she wore green with the rest of the team in black. Her cheeks still went red every now and then over that. Bingo! As soon as she saw Cam she smiled, green was just right for today.

Having missed whatever was being said, although seeing the happy face the Colonel was wearing she knew something good had gone down. "Sooooo, someone's got a pressy haven't they Cameron? Or did you just see your dream goddess walk by?" The P90 slung around her shoulders was annoying her, roughly she pushed it behind her back.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45