Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: High Fantasy Meets Post Apocalyptic  (Read 374 times)

Cynadea

High Fantasy Meets Post Apocalyptic
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »

Name of RPG
To come

Theme or Genre
Post-apocalyptic High Fantasy

Plot outline
I have a fully fledged premise, but the TL:DR of it is: A mage opened a portal to summon a new familiar. He was inapt or inexperienced, and ended up opening a portal to a Shadow Plane, and the creatures from there came pouring in, catching the world unaware. Few managed to survive, but two cities are covered by wards that keep the shadow plane creatures at bay. A city that is open to any and all species, and a more secluded elven city, protected by powerful elven magic.

Here's where we really need player input:

Mel wants to include that plot in the Forgotten Realms RP, I would rather have it be an original setting. 

If the consensus goes toward Neverwinter, I'll let her use the plot if she wants to use it.

If Original gathers enough serious interest:

Play style
Don't expect a full GM'ed guided roleplay, or that the group will always keep together through the game. The goal would be to find creative ways to push back the shadow plane creatures, to close the portal which is maintained open so that more of the armies can spill into our character's dimension. Characters may also seek to gain political power within the warded cities. As GM, all that I would ask is for plans to be run by me first. It would be a shame if within two weeks of starting the game, the portal is closed and the Shadow creatures are vanquished.

I used to run a version of this game on another multi-genre forum, so I have all the lore ready, I even have a map drawn

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So here's the question:

Would you join the game? If so, would you prefer to use the current Forgotten Realm game or use a completely original setting?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: High Fantasy Meets Post Apocalyptic
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »

We could call it Forgotten Realms II make a few changes, keep what we already have, in fact wrap up the current plot very quickly then move into your story :D simple I think, because our characters are of the same make.  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:41:59 PM »

I'd be happy to help out on it, if others are in?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »

Im curious. Is it gonna be merged with Forgotten Realms or a seperate rp but could be crossed over?

It sounds like an interesting idea  :cools
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:12:50 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »

We'll wait and see what Cyn says. But as I wrote I'd really like to keep what we've begun, just merge it with the new thing, as I know from what both Cyn and I have seen, original concepts are more preferable to older canon games. We wouldn't lose anything, just take a new direction after we've found the cure. I know Mum is still in it, so we have Sorra as well.
Far Dareis Mai

Cynadea

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »

Mim would like to have it merged into Forgotten realms, I don't. The Neverwinter Nights game and expansions did not catch  my interest when I tried them. I never cared to give it a second look.

I don't want the baggage of information and limitations that come with fitting this in a fandom that already has its own system, map, set of species, classes, gods etc.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:47:25 PM by Cynadea »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »

:lol no that isn't what I meant. Only the threads we have done so far. We finish that quickly as I said, then bingo, we start the new adventure. Since we've called it Forgotten Realms, that covers about anything. We can change that if necessary.
Far Dareis Mai

Cynadea

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »

okay, here's an example of issues of merging the two games.

You created a cleric of a certain religion, which doesn't exist in the world that I created. You also dual-class your cleric the way it's done in neverwinter, something I was never fond of. I'm more old school tabletop where each character has one class.

That's only two things, off the top of my head, where I see the merging for the current Forgotten Realm game and mine clash. I've looked at only a single character and I can already point out where I would either have to fit the world I created into forgotten realms or you would have to modify your already established cleric to fit in mine.

Here's how the lore was formatted, in the previous version of this game: Page for the species.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »

A little compromise Cyn. We can easily change the deities we follow to yours, after all its just a word. Then with the merge allow a a two class system, providing those classes are compatible. Easy peasy.  :D
Far Dareis Mai

lethal-pageant