Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis OOC  (Read 13303 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
Re: Atlantis OOC
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:30 AM »

Don't know how close you've followed Mike's adventures on Tamora, but since quite a few of you now are getting there I thought I'd give you an isight of these drafts that has been quite a substantial part of that story. It comes from a PM I sent to Mel more than a year ago and will probably give you some insights on both the society as well as the animal itself :)

The drafts:
Think tapir's in the size of a small pony of about 110-115 cm's high.
Color: varying from dark gray, a few black and over towards brown.
Fur: thick and sticky, short mane and very rough, rope split in four-like tail. Three toes on each foot with webbing between their toes. Their belly covered in a slightly longer and more wolly/fatty water resistant fur.
Short snout, longer than a tapir one, but shorter than an elephant. Very strong and flexible.
They live in family groups just like elephants, matriarchs, and will walk great distances in the spring and autumn to get to their winter and summer grazings.
They live in the lower valleys/swamps in the winter and in the spring they move uphill, away from the biting insects.
The males stay behind in the swamps since their skin is much tougher and can coupe better than the females and their cubs.

Now how come theses animals live in the village?
I'm not sure how their collaboration started a very long time ago, but the herd/pack comes up to the plateau where the humans live every spring, stay over the summer to give birth to their cubs, then leave again when the winter comes. Maybe the matriarchs has learned that if they need help with anything concerning their care, these two legged ones might come in handy and in return they help them plow the fields, pull out timber from the forests and such... the treats of small purple fruits given to them by the humans helps as well.

They are fairly intelligent, like a dolphin or elephant and have some sort of self-awareness, although I think the horses of the Cavalieros are far more intelligent than these creatures.

Yorvis is the Keeper of the pack as they live with them during the summer. A 'chore' that he's been sharing with his father since he was very young. Nowadays Yorvis' father is leaving more and more responsibility to the young man, since he's the one who will take over this one day, being the only  and youngest, son in a family of many daughters (who as I see it from how you've ((Mel)) set it up, will have other things than hard, physical labor to deal with)

Questions before moving on?

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »

I don't have any questions directly relating to the above NG, but I must ask, has it been addressed as to how we're going to move both the people and the animals from that planet?
@NG @Mim

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2018, 11:48:01 PM »

I don't have any questions directly relating to the above NG, but I must ask, has it been addressed as to how we're going to move both the people and the animals from that planet?
@NG @Mim

As far as I recall we'll be calling the Hermes in from the Alpha Site.  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:09 AM »

*That* is Mel's problem to solve ;)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »

I'm getting kind of rambling with my introspective posts to kill time because I don't really have a whole lot else to do with my characters at the moment.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Soon to be rectified I believe.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »

I can post for Marill at this point. For the teams on the ground I'll have to wait until Monday at least so others can post.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »

Ok guys, this thing about location tags being essential when using one thread, but action in different places! Please go back en edit your posts accordingly.

@sorra @MeredithMcKay @Bluebell722 @DanielRyder @Troy

Cred and + karma to Mim, Bowsy, Vad, Shadow and Cipher for do this in a consistent manor!  :yes:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:46:27 AM by NG »

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2018, 02:38:56 AM »

Done!

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2018, 03:02:49 AM »

Sorted.

Trying to get back into the swing of things.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »

:yes:

good job everyone  :yes: @NG thankees  :)
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »

Did we stop posting on the Mainland? Thought I needed to post Kara, but then realized not yet cause I did that April 16th. Do I have to poke someone?  :Poke  :Poke  :Poke  :sam10

:mwahaha
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2018, 03:14:13 PM »

I'll give Vad another 24 hours before posting as Mike, ok?

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »

Yep, Vad should be back from Moscow tomorrow

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »

Didn't even know he was out of town. Thought he just had more to do at work, even more than usual. Thanks for the up date Teddy! :)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

lethal-pageant