Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Tamora~ The forgotten world.  (Read 7933 times)

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Tamora~ The forgotten world.
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2018, 12:22:37 AM »

<<Surface at jumper landing site>>

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman
Sgt. Robert Cheung
Cpl. Doyle Maxwell

”Yes, ma’am,” Evan said, acknowledging MacGregor’ orders. He glanced over his shoulder to his team. ”Prep for cold.”

They were going into some nasty conditions, so they tugged on helmets for safety and goggles to protect their eyes from the blinding glare of sunlight on snow.

”Kinda wish I was going snowboarding,” Cheung said, trying to keep things light, keep the tension down.

Maxwell was the team navigator, fished his compass out of his pocket and oriented to the planet’s gravity. Determining compass points on a new planet was always a complicated process. Back in the days before space gates, orienteering on an alien planet had been simple: behind the gate was North, the direction of the establishing wormhole was South, and the rest played out from there.

Maxwell put a hand on Evan’s shoulder, and Evan rotated under his touch till Maxwell tapped.

”Southeast, sir. Three-hundred meters.”

Evan nodded. ”Cadman, you’ve got the six. Everyone else, fall in behind Cadman.” As team leader, he was taking point.

He started forward, his team in lockstep with him, ready to respond to threats from any direction. He scanned their surroundings as he proceeded forward, noting potential spots for cover or other tactical positions in the event they had to fall back to the jumper.

Maxwell kept one hand on Evan’s shoulder, guiding him with subtle shifts, keeping him on course, his gaze shifting between his surroundings and the compass affixed to his wrist.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:35:38 AM by Bluebell722 »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2018, 02:55:41 AM »

<The Screaming Eagle-401-11>

“Understood Commander!” John yelled climbing back aboard the ship.

“Here we go on another ride.” he said strapping himself in for take off.

He wondered what this mission would soon entail. He had this feeling that exploring this new galaxy he was in was only going to get more and more dangerous and he wished he understood things a bit more before taking off again.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »

(Jumper 16)

Flynn checked her clothing once more before nodding.  "Got it.  Just point me in the right direction," she said.  Flynn was not going to chance being separated from the others.  She had had that happen once and never again.  Not to mention it would be good to get Mike home in one piece.  She stayed close to the others as they prepared to disembark the Jumper.  She bit her lip as she prayed all went well and they found Mike in good health. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:10:09 PM by sorra »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »

< Surface. Apx 1 hour walk south of the village >

“Damnit!” Mike cursed out loud when his hand slipped on the cold, wet leather strap that acted as a girth on his draft and hit the thill of the plow.
The draft snorted at the sudden sound, then sighed and shook its snout when it realized that the two-legged one meant nothing by that strange sound.
“Of all the weather we have, all skies just had to open up before we’re done out here,” he muttered and rubbed his abused knuckles with his other hand, then sucked in a deep breath, brushed the cold rain away from his face and gave the stocky animal an affectionate pat on its neck, “Just a little bit more, girl. We’re almost done for the day and then it’s back home to dry up, ok? Come on, we can do this!”
The pep talk was probably more aimed to himself than the animal, but it really didn’t matter as long as the job was done.
He pulled up the hood to get at least some protection from the wet substance than came don from the sky and grabbed the reins from the ground then took a few steps back and made a soft, kissing sound, “Come on Elle, move it.”
Man, had the others in the barrack laughed when he’d given his draft a name. One didn’t just *do that, but for some reason Mike had felt it was appropriate to give his companion a name. He had no idea why he’d picked that name in the first place, but it felt nice, it made him feel a bit warmer on the inside close to the heart.
The animal sighed again but leaned forward in the harness and by its weight made the plow move forward again.

Two turns on the field later, Elle suddenly stopped and looked intensely towards the edge of the forest straight ahead. She snorted loudly and stuck her snout up towards the wind, sniffing.
Mike frowned, not being able to see anything out of the ordinary and growled, “Oh come on, girl! Give me break will you!  I promise, there are no ghosts this time around either ok? Just. Go!”

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »

<Jumper-16>

Having taken the extra seat, Tama watched everything Cate did. The two sides of her nature, both enjoying being up front-end seeing it but analysing all the technical sides of the technology at work.

Even with the implants being dampened, she was still aware of the faint hum.

Landing, she braced herself, it was excited to see this new world and feel, it's terrain under her bare feet.

She still didn't have snub of her weapons back, which didn't please her, but as she got up and out of her seat, she grinned both sets of teeth a little. The nice human like ones up front, but the sharp pointed ones gleaned behind them.

Though that other part of her hopped not to be using by using them.

"Lead the way Ronon...Rodney keep close yes. I protect you. I will smell any predators first. "

This time she smiled, but only showed the nicer of her teeth, she could smell the discomfort he had around her. It pleased the predator in her, but made the human side of her laugh a little, given she was shorter.

Giula Montale

Cocking an eyebrow, Giulia glanced around her surroundings and the back to Jordan.
Dont know what you call a vacation, but remind me not to ask you for travel suggestions."

Taking her place up with the rest of her team, she wondered where this next leg was going to take them.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:01:57 AM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »

<Surface-Marill's cabin>

Now that they were properly bundled up, Sheppard and Jason could accompany Marill. On top of being shielded from the cold, it also meant they could blend in a little better. The all-black fatigues that Sheppard wore would draw some attention, but Jason's own fatigues were very green and stood out quite a bit.

"So. I take it, then, Mike's been helping out around here? Sounds like you guys have been getting along alright." Jason commented, making small talk more than anything.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »

<Jumper 16>

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Remind me when it was the last time when we've managed to fish a good ending for a bad story unless it was a world ending and we had no other option, Cate? I am hoping that he's okay as well, but at the same time I have a very bitter feeling that we'll be lucky if the man is not a complete lunatic..."

Elena said that, tugging onto her clothes, making them more snug and form-fitting, shielding herself from the cold air. Of all people present, this woman alone probably was the most naturally adapted to the cold conditions, the way of life in the snows sucked in with the mother's milk. Colonel waited for Lorne's team to move away about ten metres and stepped out on the frosty, crispy snow, listening to its crunching, inhaling a deep one of a fresh and clean air.

"Okay, let's roll."
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:23 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green

<< Dreadnought Bridge >>

Fred looked to the ships commander and shrugged. "I think I'll stick around." He never did down time well. he took days off sure, but his 'vacation' days were spent typically doing training courses run by various groups across the states. His days off were normally spent on the base, in his room on his xbox or caring for his equipment. He used to take a week or two camping off world At least under Hammond, O'Niell and Landry, since then the base commander had either not liked him, or not been around long enough for him to try his luck and asking for such a thing.

Harly however gave him a look, he had never denied his team anything, but Harly, unlike Gary didn't like to just assume that so Fred gave her a confirming nod, essential dismissing her and giving her the go ahead to stand down and relax. She nodded back and turned to leave. Fred was confident she would pass on the stand down message from Elle before she went off to have her fun. With that he found a spare seat on the bridge, it wasnt really a seat it was an empty console that nobody was at and rested against it, his hands rested on the but of his rifle. Waiting for something to happen.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2018, 11:35:53 PM »

Once everyone was aboard Jordan took her seat in the pilot's position. For as much as Jon wanted it, she wasn't about to hand over the reins of this beast to someone she still regarded as a rookie, he had to prove himself first with a lot of flight hours before she could trust him that far. She did though concede that he could take the co-pilots place, at times as valuable as the pilot themselves. "You'll have to follow my commands to the letter Lieutenant, no deviations are we clear?"

Strapping herself in, she twisted about to settle Valentine and Giulia in place. "Corporal, take the guns as always, Juliet you have tactical." The two seats were directly behind the pilots, Gunnery on the port side, T/O to starboard. "Bridge Control this is 401 dash 11 requesting permission for dust off."

There was a slight pause before the reply came back. "401 dash 11 you are cleared, you have been tasked with over Top Cover for Hobo flight, your call sign is Mother Goose. over."

"Copy control." Then she mumbled with a half smile/frown. "Mother Goose?" She eased the twin throttle yoke forward then removed her hands from the stick as the auto take off took over. Within mere seconds the 401 was five miles in front of the Dread.

Arcing the ship to the right she made a large radius that had them going astern, the 401 whisked past the Dread like a blur soon catching up to the Wildcats, slightly above them. "Hobo flight this is....damn" She swore, "...Mother Goose, we have your back."

@DanielRyder @Cipherhornet18 @MeredithMcKay @Shadowlord
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2018, 11:59:05 PM »

{Cate - SG4}

>>Jumper 16 to Surface>>

Just as she was leaving Cate heard the sound of Jack Pierce's voice in her headset, obviously he was leading an over flight of Wildcats to cover the planet. "Roger Hobo leader. You'll be the first to know if there is any trouble I take it?" She plowed onwards after that she followed Lena through the snow, rather convenient that; snow was just one of Cate's least favorite things. Give her a perfect break off a good beach and she was happy. At least she had that in common with Sheppard. "Lena we can only hope all his marbles are in place, hope is all we have for now."

Moving swiftly, well as swiftly as could be described stomping through this white muck, they soon caught up to AR-2. Cate moved in beside Lorne for no other reason than she rather liked the man, having worked with him some four years ago before her 'holiday' posting on the Alpha site. Cadman she knew reasonably well, his other team members she had met only today. "So Evan would you consider this a perfect night for a stroll in the snow?" She asked with that typical Aussie humor that bordered on the sarcastic. It came to mind though that in reality, take away the discomfort and even at this low level of light it was rather beautiful. She recalled never having seen so many stars other than from the window of a F302 or one of the battle cruisers.

The distance they had to go to reach the spot where the transmitter signal was coming from soon passed by, Cate using her hand held transponder to keep track of their target, he was in a fixed position now. They came over a small rise when Cate suddenly stopped. There a man stood not twenty feet from them attending to some bizarre tapir like creature, speaking to it. "Mike?" The word dropped from her mouth but uttered too softly for him to hear. Disregarding her team members she ran to him. "Mike!" She all but shouted at him from just two paces away.

@NG @Bluebell722 @sorra @Troy @Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:21:42 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2018, 12:41:57 AM »

<<Surface- Marill's cabin to Kitchens>>

Marill took the two strangers outside, well she never applied that to people once they had been formerly introduced, yet by nature her own people might find them 'different', perhaps though with Mike being here that was bound to be different. The path to the kitchens had been kept reasonably clear so walking there wasn't going to be an issue, just the cold. "He has, after some acclimatization of course. Not so much to our land, up until a few days ago our seasons were quite normal; this is not!" She held out her hand catching a snowflake. "Mykael has been with us now for one full rotation of the moon, he was left here by the Goddess, although sadly he has no recollection of his past, just very small snippets of things here and there, nothing of note."

The dim lights from the village kitchens came into view, it sat in an open cleared area almost in the center among smaller cottages and huts. Smoke wafted on the still air, lazily hanging almost ghost like above the ground. Marill hastened the pace until she reached the door, stopping before entering. (It wasn't really a door as Sheppard and Hunter would know, more a long heavy sack cloth covering the entry). "He has been well received among us Jason Hunter, more so than some strangers we've had here in the past, Mykael has returned that in kind. Come." She said quietly pushing the barrier out of the way. "Yorvis, Yatar I have brought guests who come to seek Mykael, from his world!"

@NG @Cipherhornet18
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2018, 12:42:56 AM »

>>From Jumper 16 to surface>>

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman
Sgt. Robert Cheung
Cpl. Doyle Maxwell

Evan started to say,

"I'm more for long walks on the beach than the snow," because he was a beach baby at heart, but then they crested the next rise and MacGregor bolted forward, shouting the target's name.

Evan signaled his team for line abreast formation, and they spread out immediately, weapons at the ready. He darted after MacGregor, ready for their target to be captured or injured or nearly dead.

Only the man was alive and whole and talking to one of the native fauna - bordering on megafauna.

"Sir, should I radio back to control and let them know we've got a twenty on the target?" Cadman asked.

"Let's let MacGregor confirm it's actually him and not -"

"A Chimera hologram, a replicator, or as Asgard/Vanir clone?" Cheung piped up.

"Steady in formation," Evan ordered, and they hurried to catch up to MacGregor. "Are you sure it's him? Should we report back that we've made contact?"

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »

< Dreadnaught, Bridge >

“Talk about coming here in the nick of time then!” Carrie said with a huff. “Makes me wonder what else she’s kept from us though. I mean, it can’t really be a coincidence that we’re here right now, when their sun is about to die…”
And then then all they could do was to wait until the team reported back...

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »

< Surface. Apx 1 hour walk south of the village >

The animal refused to move and remained frozen to the ground, almost shivering when small group of people suddenly stepped out of the forest and moved towards them, fanning out in a wide line as they approached. They all walked with the confidence of seasoned warriors.
How did he know that? The conclusion was so obvious it came as surprise, but it also came with the insight that he’d never have a chance to outrun if the need should arise.
One of them, a woman took point and hurried over and come to a halt just in front of him, calling him by name?

Mike looked between all of them. They didn’t seem to pose a threat to him or his draft right now, but again - his instinct told him that appearance could be deceiving…
The draft apparently felt the same way about the strangers approaching them and suddenly made a complete turn around to place her self behind him, making a high pitched snort as she peaked out from behind him.
Placing an arm around her neck, stroking and scratching it gently in an attempt to calm her down a little, never taking his eyes from the two immediately in front of him, Mike remained quiet for a few more moments. His heart was racing and since his entire system now was on full alert with the ‘fight or flight’ kicking in, he probably didn't do a very good job in calming down the draft.
”Who are you?” he finally said in a low, slightly apprehensive voice.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »

< Surface. Center of the Village. Cooking house >

NPC – Yorvis, Heard keeper

NPC - Yatar, former herd keeper. Father of Yorvis

The conversation in the cooking house died out as Marill entered with the two strangers. Yatar and Yorvis exchanged a puzzled look but the older of the two stood and held out his hands in a greeting gesture, palms up, “If you friends of Mike, then please, come join us for a hot meal, or maybe just something warm to drink?”
As he spoke, the gesture shifted to a movement towards the benches where he and Yorvis were seated opposite each other.
Yorvis nodded, and moved further towards the wall to make room for the strangers to take a seat closer to the fire. He shot a quizzical look at Marill.
Friends of Mike? When ever in their history had it happened that friends of a stray had come? He was suspicious, but it their healer vouched for them, who was he to question that?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

lethal-pageant