Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stargate Origins  (Read 461 times)

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
Re: Stargate Origins
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »

But do you think Serqet is the mother of all ashraks or is it a character bearing the same name? >:D

Rob

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Rob A new starter.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »

I never had the impression that Ashraks were their own Goa'uld line a la the Tok'ra...the impression I got from that episode was that it was just another Goa'uld who had trained/survived the training to become an incredible assassin.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Altzek Thumb turning green.Altzek Thumb turning green.
  • No
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »

I found the series halfway decent until episode 7, then they just rushed for the Nazi guy to be killed and the link they created with the first movie was just thrown randomly, I mean a really lazy explanation to the premise that's wrong in principle. I can only assume the writers went:

Spoilers ahead:
"Yeah but the movie and the series say the first expedition was led by Paul Langford who got stuck to Heliopolis, and as far as we know Cathy never went through herself"
and the other guy "YEAH WELL THEY WERE JUST MINDRAPED".

Then there's Ellie Gall's acting that's just abysmal, especially in the last episodes. Or was she meant to come off as that bratty? I mean she looked sweet, but she just looked like she didn't belong there, like on the wrong planet and in the wrong age.

Anyway, enough hatred. Good stuff: sense of humor, kind of like SG-1 but more modern, the kind of that you see in those teenage sitcoms almost but without being that cringe-inducing, nice costumes, premise wrong in principle but nevertheless interesting, and the Nazis are (amazingly) pretty decently-written characters (as decent as they could be in a miniseries of ten episodes each ten minutes long), the kind that would probably be good guests once you invite them for dinner.
Overall, not too bad considering the scarce budget and time available. It has no pretenses, you can tell, it's a light-hearted show (even lighter-hearted than SG-1 and that's saying something), it does its best to make you understand this and it's only with this approach that you can enjoy it.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 05:00:54 AM »

I miss the last two episodes, someone who has seen them can tell me what happens :^
Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant