Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: US Air Force Academy Hospital~Colorado Springs  (Read 543 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: US Air Force Academy Hospital~Colorado Springs
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

The next to arrive was Sam and as per protocol, or at least in this case that everyone in the SGC bar a rare few loved Sam and were all attuned to what she was going through. The Apollo had targeted a bed right centre of the 'beaming' room and that was where she found herself when she appeared. "Don't touch a damned thing Vala." She said smirking through a lot of pain.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »

Sarah blinked a bit as she looked around.  She wasn't sure if she would ever get used to beaming and if she was honest she hadn't expected to end up here.  Not that she minded.  Sam was one of her best friends and she wanted to be there for her.  She hid a smile behind her hand at Sam's first words.  "Glad to see you made it, Vala," she smiled.

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »

Jack beamed in right next to the bed his wife was in. He glanced at Sam and saw that she was as comfortable as she could be considering the circumstances. He grinned when he was Vala. "Behave yourself, Vala, or I'll see if the Kelts have any wants and warrants out for you."
Robert Laurel

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »

Cam took a second to get his bearings and catch up mentally after beaming in.

"Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with the Kelts and what they think? I don't think any other race got the same treatment..." Cam commented, walking over to Vala.

"Okay, so, there was a change in plans while I was on the phone. The kiddos have decided they're done waiting and want to join the rest of us out here. So that is why we're here and not at Sam and Jack's place. And why I'll need a ride back there to get my car." Cam explained, "And we have at least one person volunteering to join the team, so we'll need to interview them, because it isn't Teal'c or Jackson."

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »

"Take it easy, Cam," Jack replied. "It's just to make sure that Vala doesn't get arrested for her usual antics if she somehow gets deployed there."
Robert Laurel

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »

"What?" Vala said innocently. "Samantha how could you think such a thing of me, I was merely taking stock to see if-" She had no excuses, they'd run out long ago. So the only thing she could do was laugh it off feigning the deepest of innocence, giving both Jack and Cam her widest smile. Vala then sided with Sarah, whispering to her. "Men, they are always so suspicious aren't they? I don't blame Sam though, after all she is thinking for three right now." As ridiculous as it sounded, it was well thought out for Vala at least. She had to blink when the latest arrivals appeared.

Anne appeared next with Ri in a slightly different flash. The sound wasn't quite the same as the Asgard version, near the visual affect, even though it was based on the same Asgard technology, obviously the Kelts had time to hone it to their liking over the years. Steadying herself once again she took a long moment to adjust her eyes to the scene around her. There was Sam, Vala of course as she might have suspected, Jack and Sarah and of course Cameron Mitchell. Anne gave a quick greeting to all of them, introducing Ri as she took each one in, before going straight to Sam's side. Anne took one hand in hers as she looked down on her friend of many years now. "Sam, how are you feeling? This wasn't as sudden as I expected in hindsight, in fact I think I dropped the ball on you. I should have warned you earlier you know." She glanced over at Jack. "Alright kids, Ri and I will take it from here, Jack be a dear and see if you can find Carolyn for me, then we'll see about releasing these babes from their captivity."

"The Doctor has spoken, lets give Samantha some space, I'm sure there's a TV room somewhere around here." Vala knew that with human customs, Jack of course had the option to be with Sam if he chose to. A rather strange custom in her mind.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 08:20:43 AM »

Sarah nearly lost her composure as it seemed everyone was going to warn Vala not to do anything stupid.  Okay, she knew they all had reason but it still nearly made her laugh.   She did have to agree with Cam though, it did seem like the Kelts were talked about a lot.  Well, she wouldn't worry about that right now.

She grinned as Vala stepped up beside her. "They do seem that way," she whispered back, thinking about Sean.  Darn, she hadn't seen her husband in a bit and she missed him. "And yes, Sam has an excuse," she chuckled.

Sarah nodded as Anne shooed them all out. "Take care, Sam.  See you soon." She turned to move out with the others.  There was no reason for all them to be there.  And she was curious about Cam's statement as well.  She had heard they were trying to pull the old team back together, but she wondered who else would be joining them.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »

Her eyes by now were as big as teacup saucers, why wouldn't they be. Sam wasn't a young woman any longer, she had often quipped to Jack that she was close to being considered an old woman lately and so many times she had been feeling just that although since the onset of her pregnancy she had been taken back to days when she did get that youthful feeling. It soon passed though, especially in the later stages, yet right now she had that 'glow' which almost lit the room. "See you all on the other side then....er Jack..." She wondered how well he could take it, they never really spoke of him being there with her. Then she caught Sarah's face looking at her, Sam gave her a smile of reassurance, Sarah at least had Chimri to help her through it.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »

"I'll be back in a bit," Jack promised as he ushered the others out of the delivery room. A quick word to a nurse led to them being shown into a private VIP waiting area, complete with tables, chairs and TV and WiFi and even comfortable couches to nap on if it came to that. A word to another nurse sent her scampering off to find Caroline.

Back in the delivery room Ri looked down at Sam from all of her six foot, nine inch height. "Glad to see you again, Doctor Carter. I'm very glad to assist Anne in bringing your babes into the world. Now then, I can block the pain for you. I will not tamper with your thoughts in any way or read your mind, but I can put a pain block in there for the duration of the delivery. It is entirely your choice, of course." She turned back to Anne. "Anne, I know you haven't eaten for a while. Shall I send for some food for you and the others? I assure you that it is much better than any hospital cafeteria food."

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:02:31 AM by Robert Laurel »
Robert Laurel

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:56 AM »

"I was actually on your side there, you know." Cam said to Vala, shaking his head. Before being ushered out he went to his friend's side for a moment, not quite sure what to say at first, his gestures indicating just as much.

"So...you go do your thing...and we'll be...waiting for you." Cam awkwardly got out, before finally smiling, "I'm happy for you guys. Those kids are lucky, they've got some great parents waiting for 'em."

He started backing towards the door, "And tell the youngins to behave, and maybe Uncle Cam will come around with some macaroons. When that's an option." Cam added with a wink and a grin. He turned and walked out the door, heading for the waiting room.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 12:40:29 AM »

<VIP Room>

After bidding Sam a fond goodbye, we'll see you soon, she led the little troop to the VIP room then Vala watched Jack slip out as she looked for the most comfortable chair she could find. For one main reason, she was sporting a shocking sunburn and so whatever she sat in needed to cushion that burning skin of hers. She had been warned of course, as per from Sam and others according to them she had fair skin and Florida wasn't quite like other places she may have spent time in. Finding a very soft lounge chair she settled in, activated the arm to swing the foot rest up, then looked every bit the picture of a lady of leisure. "Yeah well Cameron, I sort of figured that from your face. Another minute and we would have looted the...I mean you know taken stock." That big toothy grin was always irresistible.

"Sarah, I meant to ask before since we're in the right place, how far along are you now? Got the nerves yet?"

<Maternity>

"Perhaps not the best timing Ri but I should have something in my stomach before we bring these kids into the world. Sam you won't mind waiting five minutes will you? As Ri said we can give you a blocker to tide you over, as those bubs of yours will tell us when they're ready." Something small, if she ate too much Anne herself may end up being sick.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 08:37:31 AM »

<VIP Room>

Sarah quietly followed the others out.  Since realizing she was pregnant Chimri had been awful quiet.  she wasn't sure if that was normal as she still needed to learn more about the Tok'ra, but she just hadn't had time to question it.  Seeing Sam though made her realize that that would be her before too long and it scared her a bit.  She had never been scared before, but the thought of being a mother scared her to bits.

She sank into a chair just before Vala spoke. "To be honest, I am starting to get nervous," she answered, laying a hand on her stomach that wasn't showing much.   "I'm only a couple months along," she answered.  Or was it three or four now?  Oh dear, she really needed to get that straight in her head.
Pages: 1 [2]