Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 59351 times)

Ares

Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »

Picking up the small case, and glancing inside, Donovan's dark blues sharpened some, and he ran a thumb over the small but significant pieces of metal. The slightest of curves to his lips changed the usual stoic and controlled features, and he raised his eyes to the Admiral as he listed off his plans for this covert unit.  He glanced sidelong to the attractive but apparently capable woman Sean had ordered in with them, assuming she was being assigned the same unit as he, and gave her a slow assessing glance before looking back to the Admiral.

"I know you do not know me, Admiral Davidson.  I know all you probably know about me is what someone told you, or what you read in a file that's more than likely out dated."  He spoke in his usual calm and collected voice but he leaned faintly forward in his seat to emphasize. "I may not fit in, out there,", gesturing up and around indicating the surface, and the civilian world in general, then put his fingertip on the desk in front of him, "But this is what I know.  I will do whatever it takes to keep that, and to keep this facility functioning." 

He paused a moment, rehashing what the Admiral had said, and with a slight rooster to his head to one side, and a faint lowering of brows, "Does this mean I get my Staff back?" referring to the opalescent white staff weapon the Ori soldiers and officers wielded.  Similar in function to the jaffa staff weapon it was the primary staple of the Ori military and the weapon, and it had been confiscated and locked away upon his capture along with his uniform.  Besides the sword, Donovan was most familiar with that staff.  Despite the tau'ri military training, the only other weapons he'd managed to get his antiquated mind wrapped around were hand pistols. 

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »

Sean leaned back in his chair, his fingertips steepled as he listened to the newly-reinstated lieutenant colonel.  True, he didn't know the Ori from Adam, but thanks in part to a certain service secretary...Sean was made aware that someone had been improperly dismissed from active duty service, under the pretense of a program being dissolved.  He had no idea of Donovan's capture and time spent on Earth, but it was clear that Gates trusted the man enough to restore his rank, then give the go-ahead to have him placed at the head of SG-6.

"I wouldn't expect any less of you, Colonel," Sean said simply.  But he had to think about what Donovan meant by "staff".  Was he referring to his former team?  Or something else?  He wasn't intimately familiar with the Ori in general, or anything about that particular species...but Sean decided to try a slightly different approach. "If you're referring to something that was originally in your possession, then by all means, you're welcome to it.  I can only suppose you're familiar with other types of weapons, similar to what I used during my time in the Navy.  My personal favorite is the M4A1 rifle, with the SOPMOD kit and the M-26 shotgun attachment." He grinned.  "I know some like the M-203 grenade launcher, but for pure stopping power, well..."  Sean shrugged.
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »

Sarah sat quietly in her chair and listened to the exchange between the two men.  It was actually quite interesting to listen to.  Donovan seemed to know quite a lot and it seemed to her that he would make a good leader.  Although it sounded like his team was going to be trusted with quite a handful of things.  She just hoped that they were able to stay out of "trouble'.  She caught him glance over at her and gave him a quick nod.

She turned to Sean as he seemed to be trying to figure out what Donovan meant by "staff".  Of course she wasn't positive either as she didn't know much about the Ori.  Although so far she hadn't seen any reason to question Donovan and his motives.  He seemed committed to his assignments.

Ares

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »

Finished the Admiral's unspoken statement, "...Like a fist full of plasma in your chest... that staff weapon made me almost an equal of your SG teams back then... Now that I've had some training from  your side, I would be interested to see what I am capable of with it now."  He sat back faintly in the chair, the thumb of the one  hand still rubbing over the bits of metal in their case.  He'd get a uniform after this meeting, requisition a room, already his mind cataloging the steps and events he'd need to accomplish soon as the Admiral dismissed.

"And, to confirm..." his head tilted toward Deviln, "you're assigning her?  How many slots need boots?" using the military term he'd heard used for 'place filling'  "Is there ... a roster I should be looking over or do you already have people in mind I should approach?"  He was obviously not going to be wasting much time settling into the role.  True to form, once he had his orders, that was all he needed, and he took the wheel with both hands.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »

Sean nodded as he listened to Donovan finish his statement, but laughed when he asked if Sarah was being assigned.  He shook his head. "No, Colonel Devlin is my first officer.  She'll be running the show whenever I'm called away to deal with the bureaucrats in Washington, or have to go off-planet on a diplomatic mission.  Or if the fecal matter hits the fan and I have to assemble a strike team."  A faint, but friendly smile was on his lips. "I'd probably go with three, maybe four of our best available personnel whom aren't already assigned elsewhere."  He pulled up the personnel roster on his computer monitor, then turned it around so Donovan could see it.

((OOC: It's our current character roster that I'm going off of.))

"This list is how I keep track of who's where.  Obviously, SG-Six isn't on here, as I said it officially won't exist.  But otherwise, you're welcome to browse through the personnel files and decide whom you want on your team.  I tried to get a hold of my old first officer, Lieutenant Commander Roland Jones, but he's busy enjoying retirement."  Sean shrugged helplessly.   "Jonesy was a real piece of work.  Started out as a sonar tech on board the Dallas years ago.  Dunno if you're familiar at all with the Red October incident.  Anyway, after that he put in a request to go through officer candidate school and his captain approved it.  Then he wanted to become a SEAL. He was a part of my unit, and we served together for many years.  Made him my team executive officer after I made Captain, but still kept him on my own fire team."  A trace of wistfulness crept into his voice.  "Anyway, feel free to look this over.  You're welcome to the keyboard," he slid it across the desk and turned it around to face Donovan, "as Colonel Devlin and I have to go over some last-minute paperwork.  Don't worry, you're not interrupting anything crucial.  You can be the SGC's unofficial spy for now.  If there's anything sensitive, Colonel Devlin and I can discuss it later in private."
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

Sarah was a bit surprised when Donovan asked if she was being assigned to his team, but a smile soon crossed her lips.  It would be interesting.  And she certainly wasn't against it as they may need a good pilot.  But for now she was quite content to be Sean's first officer.  She silently groaned. "Let's just hope it never gets that bad," she said, referring to having to take over for Sean.

Sarah knew that there was still quite a list of people for Donovan to pick through and she no doubt that he would be able to put a good team together.  She raised a brow though at Sean's next words.  What paperwork was he talking about?  "Sir?" she asked curiously, giving Sean her full attention.  She hadn't been informed of any paperwork that they needed to go over.

Ares

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »

Donovan's lips quirked to one side, his equivalent of a smile perhaps, if he didn't try and control his face so much.  He nodded when Sean turned the computer around, one of the few pieces of modern technology that didn't have him completely on his heels. He drew the computer to the edge of the desk as it was pushed toward him and sat at the edge of his chair, a single finger tapping on the down arrow like the keyboard was made of glass, glass that would bite him if he hit it too hard. 

He sat back when the Admiral spoke of being the SGC Spy, a brow quirking.  He hadn't been one for subtlety before, it would definitely be a challenge, but he only viewed it as one more skill to pin to his growing list of merit badges.  He tapped the frame of the computer, "Is there a ..portable copy of this?  I should go get my colors and find a cubicle ... this could take some time ... And .. if I can cross reference with report files ... field reports should be enough...accessing them is standard procedure, and won't raise any suspicion.   I will work under the assumption that the formation of the team as much as it's existence is on a need to know..."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »

The small PA on the admirals desk buzzed

{CSM Walter Harriman USAF} NPC

"Admiral Davidson, Major Rivers and SG's eight and twelve have dialed in, they belive SG seven may have been taken through multipul gates, and would like to know if you would like them to Dial in n each new planet, or if you would like them to move faster with out doing dialling in Sir?"

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »

Before Sean could reply to either of them, his PA buzzed and Walter's voice could be heard.  He listened to the message, then looked at Sarah.  "It's not only gotten bad, but may have gone to worse," he quipped.   He then looked at Colonel Lee, then at Colonel Devlin.  "Colonel Devlin, would you be so kind as to go into your office and print out hard copies of the personnel files and field reports for anyone currently unassigned." It wasn't so much a question but rather a stated request.  SG-7 had been taken hostage, of that there was little doubt.  But where?  And was it worth risking having Rivers, Lawler, and their teams jumping through gates without really knowing where they were going first?  The last thing he needed was for part of one team, or for both teams, to mis-jump and wind up on some unknown, distant, and potentially hostile world with zero chance of survival.  Then again, time was of the essence, and there was no telling how much longer SG-7 would be alive.  If they still were.

"Colonel Lee, once you have the files in hand, you may have to make some pretty quick decisions on who you want.  Looks like I'll be sending either you and your team, or SG-Four, on a potential retrieval mission.  If this is as bad as I think it is, I may have to dispatch either the Saggitta or the Dreadnought as backup."

He looked over at the PA and pressed the transmit button.

*radio transmission to Gate Room*

"Walter, does Major Rivers have a confirmation on the location of SG-Seven?" 

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

{CSM Walter Harriman USAF} NPC

"No sir they dont know, Major Rivers says that they have been taken through multipl gates They are having to stop and dismantle the DHD on each planet to get the last address dialed."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »

Sarah sat up straighter in her chair as the radio blared to life.  Her face paled slightly at the words.  SG-7 was hostage?  And what of the two teams that were following?  Dang it!  This was not good at all!  She quickly turned her attention to Sean.  "Sir," she said with a nod and got to her feet.  She headed for her office to get the printouts that Donovan had asked for.

The young woman returned a few minutes later with the printouts and handed them to Donovan.  She just hoped that things worked out and they didn't lose anyone on this mission.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »

Sean listened to Walter's reply and thought about it some more.  Nodding at Sarah, he turned his attention back to the speaker on his desk.

*radio transmission to Gate Room*

"Have someone on either SG-Eight or Twelve keep track of where they're going and where they've been.  If they run into trouble, have them go back to their last known good point and then dial in.  I'll send a response team to provide additional firepower.  Otherwise, tell them to keep moving and when they reach their final point, they can dial in and let us know where they are."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:13:43 AM by Kendrall »

Ares

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »

Donovan stood when Sarah came back in, giving a single thankful nod and taking the stack of papers.  He remained standing but didn't leave, eager to get started but not so eager as to simply walk out without being dismissed.  He heard both what the Admiral was saying to the com, as well as his words directly to him.  There wasn't much time to review, but he wouldn't just pick random faces that looked good on the surface.  He was too fastidious for that.  He mentally checked the list of what he'd do as soon as the door was opened;

-Requisition room, obtain uniform and quarters assignment.
-Archive room, locate his confiscated gear, if possible. 
           -If not put in order to find it,
          - If found, requisition for retrieval.
-Locate sub-level office, preferably one labeled as 'storage' or simply 'no assignment', to be used for interview out mainstream.
-Cross reference roster with active duty, eliminate under a year of service specifically to SGC.
-Cross reference that shorter list with field report activity. 
-Submit candidate list for interview schedule.

He glanced at his watch on the inside of his left wrist, an analog face without numbers only night glow ticks along the outer edge, another inner ring servicing as a compass in a pinch. It was still early.  If he pushed himself, he could have that candidate list before nightfall. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:55:20 AM by Ares »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »

Sarah had walked back in just in time to hear Sean's commands to Walter.  Oh, this was just getting worse.  She hoped that SG-12 and 8 made it back safely.  Everyone knew at least one person in those two teams not to mention add SG-7 into the mix.  She scrubbed at her face briefly after having handed Donovan the files.  Why did it seem like everything always happened at once?

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »

Sean shuffled through a few more papers on his desk, but realized Donovan was still present.  He looked up.  "That will be all for now, Colonel Lee.  Remain on standby, but otherwise you're free to requisition your gear and start your team building."  He had to keep as many hole cards as he could, since there was no telling when or how SG-8 and 12 would manage to make their way to wherever in the galaxy SG-7 was being held hostage.  Part of him wanted to do something about it, but the responsibilities of his position dictated he remain where he was.

"Colonel Devlin," he finally said to Sarah.  "Page Captain Forster.  Have her report to my office immediately.  Use the intercom on my desk."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal