Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office  (Read 59351 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Stargate Command- Level 27 - Commanders Office
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »

Sarah nodded briskly.  She wasn't sure why he wanted Ruby there, but it wasn't her place to ask at the moment.  She just simply moved around his desk to where the intercom was.  She quickly pressed down the transmit button.

*intercom system from Commander's office*

"Captain Forster, report to Admiral Davidson's office immediately."

Ares

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 08:08:16 AM »

Seeing the man had even more to do than he already had done, Donovan crisply saluted and tucked the files under his arm, making sure no obvious labels were showing before setting the other stack he'd brought in with him on the edge of the Admiral's desk, minus the top requisition form he'd need to get his colors.

He paused at the door to regard Sarah, giving her a nod as well.  The woman hadn't looked at him funny, or treated him like he wasn't there.  So far that was at least a step up.  He even gave one of his rare mild smiles, then opened the door and made his way to the hall of records.

<<Donovan to Main Armory and Requisitions >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 345
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

*Radio from stairwells*

That all so familar Scots accent came through as clear as summer rain.
"Copy thet Sarah, ah'm on me way."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

Sean made sure to return Donovan's salute as the newly-reinstated L/C left his office.  Well, that was one problem solved.  Now it was a matter of waiting for Ruby to arrive.  He did his best to stay a bit preoccupied, randomly shuffling through this pile of papers or that, but his mind was going back to a certain event that occurred  about eight weeks ago.  Sean hadn't been able to properly deal with that one situation he was accidentally witness to, but witness he was.  It was amusing in some ways, to be honest, as it reminded him of when he and Sarah did their best to keep their relationship a secret, only to have the Secretary of the Navy in his own chair a few hours before.  Narrowed down to its very essence, it was an ultimatum:  Get married, or watch your careers go down in flames.

He didn't think twice about proposing to her.   Never did he doubt he could finally pop the question.  But the circumstances were, in his opinion, weren't favorable and therefore he thought a bit rushed.  But now that Sarah accepted his marriage proposal, and with SECNAV as witness...there was no turning back from that, or the one unresolved issue that now needed to be addressed.

"Have a seat, Colonel Devlin," he said in that calm voice, not bothering to look up.  He knew the door to his office was still open, and therefore would know exactly when Ruby would show up.
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »

Not yet changed into a flight suit, Ruby was still in her dress blues, her breast medal proudly displayed, and it wasn't for her own sake; she wore it more in rememberance of those who had been lost. She had made good time, it wasn't all that far and rather than go via the briefing room, she came by the rear passageway and the back door of Sean's office, it was closed. Maybe he expected her to come the other way, but for the moment Ruby wanted to avoid seeing more people than necessary. She tapped lightly on the door and opened it. "Ye wanted te see me Admiral?" She smiled at her best friend Sarah sitting there, and was pleasantly surprised to see Sarah wearing a rather happy grin on her face.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »

Sarah watched as Sean shuffled papers.  He certainly had something on his mind.  And she was also curious as to why he wanted to see Ruby.  She was sure it would all come out in time though.  The young woman took a seat, sitting straight.  Hmm, he was hiding something.  She smiled brightly though when she heard her friend's voice.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »

He certainly wasn't expecting Ruby to come through the back of his office, but as he heard a light tap before the sound of the door open, Sean looked up and turned his head to see the red-haired Scotswoman walk in, all smiles.  Sean, of course, wasn't smiling; in fact he kept his facial expression as neutral as possible to not let his reluctance nor his anger show.  Sarah was now sitting across from him, sitting upright and beaming at her friend.  "Close the door, Miss Forster," he instructed her, his voice still calm.  "And close the other one that's behind Colonel Devlin. Then take a seat next to her."

While waiting for Ruby to comply with his request, he pulled open the top-right drawer of his desk and pulled out his government-issued cellphone, then started tapping through the various menus to find what he was looking for.
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »

Looking first at Sarah and then Sean, Ruby smiled. She knew the man could display a straight face whenever he wanted to; but what men forget so often was that they gave off certain odors depending on their mood or frame of mind and women could detect it clearly. Both of them had something going and somehow Ruby was involved; what that was, could be anything right now, because even Sean's scent wasn't giving off much. But she knew this much, Sarah was happy about something; you don't be as close as sisters as they were without know that. She cocked a fine red eyebrow at the other woman, closed the door lightly and took the chair to the right, allowing Sarah to be closer to Sean on the left.

She tried to see what he was doing, being naturally inquisitive, but failed. So she just sat there grinning and waited for Sarah to take her place next to her. She did have a little quip though. "Whatever it is Admiral, I didnae do it."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »

Once the door was shut, Sean merely shot Ruby a glance at her off-handed comment.  He let out a heavy sigh, as if not wanting to deal with this sudden burden but he didn't exactly have much of a choice.  He deliberately kept his voice low.  "Alright, you two.  What I'm about to say goes no further than the three of us.  And even though you'll probably want to protest and claim innocence...I'll say up front that I'm willing to cover for you, even though I'm putting my job on the line in doing so.  I know there's been some...personal contact...between the two of you.  By 'personal contact' I mean there's probably been a lot more going on than what's been let on." He looked at Ruby, then at Sarah, then at Ruby again.  "I'm going to dispense with the usual protocol and address the two of you by your first names, and you two are welcome to do the same with me.  This time.  Ruby, Sarah...I don't care what you two do under the sheets with each other every now and then.  That's none of my business.  But know that as long as I'm the head of this program, I can only do so much to shield you from the eventual wrath of Secretary of Defense Gates, or even from the IOA from that matter.  Congress has yet to repeal Dee-Ay-Dee-Tee, and until I have my orders to file charges against the both of you under the Articles of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, I'm willing to keep your intimate encounters a secret.  But I can guarantee you that by the time I receive those orders and follow through, I'm probably going to lose my commission, or at the very least be given a chance to resign and keep what's left of my honor and dignity intact."

Sean looked at Ruby.  "Ruby, I've come to know you not just as an outstanding officer, but also come to see you as a valued friend.  A close friend.  While you were prepping for your latest post to the Dreadnought, Secretary of the Navy Mobius was in here.  Sitting right in this very seat.  I don't know if you knew that Sarah and I had a rather passionate past, but eventually that was found out.  Mobius gave Sarah and I an ultimatum: Either she and I get married, or both of our careers would be finished.  I've been in love with Sarah for a long time, and she's still in love with me.  But as she and I are trying to renew our relationship, and although it may appear that having you in the picture may only complicate things..."  He looked the red-haired Scotswoman in the eye. "It won't.  Like I said, I don't care if how intimate you get with each other.  That doesn't bother me, so as long as it's just you and her and you haven't been with anyone else.  Just understand that Sarah's marriage to me will always come first.  And ferchrissakes, don't let anybody catch you and Sarah in the act.  If you need some privacy..."

He looked down at his desk, then heard a ping on his computer indicating he had a new message come through.  Sean glanced through it, and fought to keep the sour expression from his face let alone swearing aloud.  Shaking his head, he returned his attention to the two ladies in his office.

"...Anyway.  If you need some privacy, I'm sure Sarah wouldn't mind inviting you over to the house." Sean slid a copy of the real estate dossier of the three-bedroom, five-bath house on Hermitage Drive.  "After I was given after my promotion and made head of Stargate, the government bought this house and ceded it to me.  Overlooks part of the golf course at Broadmoor.  Half of this estate will belong to Sarah after she signs the papers as co-owner.  Ruby, you're welcome to it if you ever need a place to crash for a few days.  If the two of you want some private time together, just make sure that the curtains are shut and you keep it down.  The last thing I need to hear is the neighbors complaining of the noise of two women caught up in the heat of the moment, so to speak.  Or even catching a glimpse of you two sunbathing on the back patio without bikinis, and sharing a lounge chair.  Or if you decide to take advantage of the hot tub.  And don't panic if I happen to walk in on you two, either." He looked at Ruby. "Oh yes, I nearly forgot.  I've heard rumors that you've been admiring me from a distance.  While I appreciate the remarks, please keep them to yourself.  Or share them only with Sarah.  I won't ever divulge personal details of my love life, but I'm sure she has quite a few tales to tell you about my 'ship's mast'.  I'll leave it at that."

He leaned back in his chair.  "That's all I have to say.  Know that I've got your backs on this, but I can only do so much."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:38:38 AM by Kendrall »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »

Sarah smiled at her friend as Ruby sat down beside her.  Although there was something very wrong here.  Sean was not at all acting like himself.  And he wanted to call them by their first names?  Here?  That wasn't like him at all.  She glanced over at Ruby, wondering if her friend had any ideas.  She didn't think they had done anything wrong or warranting this conversation.  Her eyes widened at Sean's words. "What..." she started, but trailed off.  What exactly was he talking about?

Sarah frowned slightly.  That was not how she wanted her best friend to find out that she was engaged.  She glanced at Sean.  Was he upset that Mobius had forced him to propose?  Maybe she should have said no and just lost her career.  But he just said he loved her.  Sarah scrubbed at her face.  There was just too much going on that didn't make sense.  She did love the man, but she would have to talk to him later and see just what his true feelings were.

Sarah's face reddened at his words and she looked over at Ruby. "With all due respect, sir," she said, sitting up straighter. "Both Ruby and myself know what protocol is.  Neither of us would want to put our careers on the line or expect you to either."

Sure, her and Sean had hidden their relationship, but they had been younger then with not at much to lose.  They were making things right now though.  Or at least trying to.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:43:12 AM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

Ruby was flabergasted. How in the hell did Sean know? That was one thing she was curious about and she would not rest until she found out either. She was a decent woman and even though for both her and Sarah they did reach out to one another in a time of extreme loneliness and simply seeking a little comfort in one another, the kind of comfort that was more sisterly than sexually related, the kind that only two women would understand. There wasn't much Ruby could say in their defence, anything she did say would most likely be misconstrued so she simply told him. "Ah...we can assure ye Ad...Sean, it ain't goona heppen again, whatever it was we were supposed to have doone." She squeezed Sarah's leg tightly. No one, not even God could foretell what the future may bring. "Yer offer is greatly appreciated, but ah dinna nae thenk it'll be required." She said a little sadly.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:21:29 PM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »

((Putting this up now, so I don't forget later.))

An email notification pinged on Sean's computer.

To: Admiral Davidson
Commanding Officer, SGC

North American Committee Head, IOA

Subject: Personnel Changes

Let me make myself perfectly clear. Keep your people under control. I do not enjoy phone calls in the middle of the night regarding their respective assignments. Therefore, and in light of your recent command decisions, it has been deemed necessary to attach an IOA representative to your base until such a time as we can determine whether you are capable of doing your job. Expect him to arrive later today.

Furthermore, to be effective immediately: Doctor Rodney McKay will report to Dreadnought's new head of science Doctor Daniel Jackson.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message as soon as possible. 

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »

Sean listened to what his two subordinates were saying, and while listening he quickly forwarded the email to his unit commanders with the following instructions:

To all SG team leads, Starship Captains -

Anticipate full investigation by IOA representative upon his arrival.  Everything MUST be in tip-top shape.  I expect full cooperation from each of you regarding this matter.

- RADM Sean Davidson, USN, CO SGC

Then he sent a message to Colonel Mitchell, and copied General Caldwell:

Mitchell -

Keep McKay on a tight leash.  If he even so much as crosses the line even ONCE, charge him with attempting to commit mutiny and sedition under Article 94 of the UCMJ, then have him placed in the brig and detain him until the Dreadnought returns to dock.  I just received this letter from Keller, and frankly I'm furious.  McKay thinks he's invincible because he's a civilian contractor, but I'm about to remind him that, per Article 2(a), Section 10 of the UCMJ, even he is expected to obey a direct order that originates from either you, my office, or from High Command as long as he's working with us.

If he's lucky, I'll consider dropping the charges listed under Article 94, and instead charge him under Article 80.  If he's lucky.

Then came the third message, the reply to Keller:

Mr Keller -

While I understand your frustration with being called in the middle of the night, I'd like to note that Dr. McKay called you of his own accord after expressing his concerns over his assignment.  I also would like to point out to you that, in spite of his being a civilian contractor working in the Stargate Program, he is still subject to the Articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as per Article 2, Paragraph (a), Section 10.  Dr. McKay was given a direct order that originated from the IOA - handed down by me - and he chose to disobey it then lodge a complaint with your office. That, sir, is in my opinion not only reprehensible but completely uncalled for.  I won't go into the full specifics of which Articles he has violated with his acts, but know that, due to my rank of Rear Admiral, I have complete authority to convene a general court-martial and try Dr McKay in a military court should a certain federal agency - not yours, obviously - decide not to intervene and bring charges against him.

I will notify my staff and all team leads to expect the arrival of your representative, and will instruct them to give him/her full cooperation during his/her stay.

Sean then got up from his desk and walked over to the window overlooking the gate room.  Down below, he could see some activity, and adjusted the blinds until they were partially closed.  He could still see out, but anyone down below wouldn't be able to see in.  He clasped his hands at the small of his back, and closed his eyes before letting out a long, silent sigh.  It was bad enough, in his mind, that Sarah would say one thing to him and yet Ruby didn't exactly hide it, but didn't openly admit to having any type of intimate contact.  He tried not to dwell on it, but the tone of voice coming from both women, and the subtle movement of Ruby's arm suggested that she had squeezed Sarah's leg was telling him neither woman wanted to get into trouble for their inappropriate behavior.  Sean understood their quandary; after all, he and Sarah had been caught.  But this was different. That surveillance video he'd been sent was evidence enough to have Ruby and Sarah stand before a summary court-martial.  He himself had sent the order to have that video destroyed, and for anyone else who saw it to immediately disregard it lest he bring them up on charges of insubordination.

His gut was telling him that, in spite of Ruby's claim that her shared moments with Sarah wouldn't happen again, it was bound to happen again sooner or later.  Granted, not even someone like Sean Davidson knew what the future would hold, but God Himself surely did.

It also wasn't his place to judge, in spite of what the Articles of the UCMJ said otherwise.  Yes, he was engaged to one and friends with the other, and was probably going to be accused of playing favorites if it was ever found out.  Yet, if handled just right, the fallout would be minimal.  He turned around and looked at them.

"I'd like to help you two out here," he said statedly.  "I'm not going to pretend I know all of the little details that went on while you two were together at Ruby's house.  I do know that there was supposed to be a security detail on watch," he started, "But that detail was dismissed.  By you, Sarah," he said to his XO.  "There was also supposed to be round-the-clock surveillance, both on the inside and the outside of the house.  I had that inside surveillance ended, by the way, but kept the outside going.  I also placed at least one phone call to Sarah's cell phone, but it went straight to voicemail after ringing four times."  Sean looked at them both, looking to see how either woman would react.  "And while you two can claim that it won't happen again, my instincts are telling me it probably will happen again at some point, especially after Ruby's return from her tour-of-duty aboard the Dreadnought."  He shrugged. "Like I said.  I don't care what you two do behind closed doors whenever no one's looking.  As long as it doesn't create too many headaches for me to deal with, you two can go play feed-the-kitty with each other.  But I strongly encourage you to keep this under wraps, and find someplace private whenever you feel that need.  As far as I know, there's still the hidden cameras and mikes inside Ruby's house, and even though they're turned off..." He left the other part unsaid.  Not that he would order the cameras and mikes to be re-enabled.  "There isn't anything like that at mine and Sarah's," he glanced at his fiancee, "So at least there'll be some privacy."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:01:59 AM by Kendrall »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2013, 03:03:08 AM »

Sarah was nearly shaking with fury.  Only the subtle touch on her knee from Ruby kept her from losing it completely.  She had done everything she could to help her friend heal and get back on her feet.  How dare someone claim otherwise!  She clenched her fists, trying to calm down.  They hadn't done anything wrong.  There had been a few awkward moments, but that was to be expected.

Sarah narrowed her eyes at Sean. "I dismissed Daniel because he was not needed at the time.  I had his number and he did come back and help from time to time," she pointed out in a low voice.  There was a lot that Sarah was sure that Ruby wouldn't have wanted Daniel helping with.  Especially with the way that Ruby had been watching Daniel.  She scrubbed at her face.  "I was helping Ruby get cleaned up when you called.  I didn't see a point in tracking water all over the floor."  She wasn't sure why she was defending herself, but Sean had put her on the defense.

Sarah tried to calm down.  "What are you getting at, sir?" she asked, refusing to use his name.  "Do you truly believe that Ruby and I allowed anything to happen between us?  Yes, we're best friends, but nothing more."  How could Sean think otherwise?  he had known her intimately for a long time.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

Ruby was livid, it showed in the anger in her eyes and the red blush of her face. Never in her life had she ever been so embarrassed or humiliated. "Before ah totally lose me temper 'Admiral'..." She couldn't bring herself to use his first name at this juncture. "..Sarah and meself acted with complete an utter decency the whole time we were together... ah will tell ye up front, yes we were nekked as babes in tha shower, only because it was necessary, and yes we slept together fer two nights because ah didna nae hev enough blankets...an further more, this intrusion of me privacy is a total breach o trust on the part o the Air Force to hev me place bugged like that!" Now she was angry and she stood from her chair. "Admiral, ah will bloody we sue, ye can guarantee that sir!" She pushed her chair back so violently it tipped over backwards. "Now if'n we hev no further business sir, ah've  a ship to go to."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal