Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars  (Read 4229 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse laughs, Yes, it was chilly. Be she enjoyed the cold. Growing up near the Great Lakes, either you grew to love it or you muddled through every nine-month-long winter completely embittered and aching for something better. Besides. Who could ever imagine Christmas without snow? At the comparison, Collins lets out a full bark of laughter. Incredibly appropriate.

"Don't worry, Ally. You'll be in love the second you climb in." She tells her as she does exactly that settling herself into the left pilot's seat. She takes a moment to appreciate the familiar feel of her chair while she waits for Turk to settle herself in as well before continuing. "Now, since we're on the clock here, I'm gonna go through pre-flight and prep rather quickly, but I'm sure you can follow along easily. She warns her fellow captain as she does exactly that. As she works, her actions having become muscle memory at this point, she keeps talking, knowing that her friend is more than capable of keeping up with her ongoing monologue.

"You'll be using both helo and fixed wing training, which will kick in as soon as we're up. She goes into auto in Cycle mode, bringing us out until we're at five hundred metres altitude, two klicks distance from T.O.P. The engineers that designed them wanted to make sure we pilots didn't have any excuse to blame them for the birds crashing." She explains with a grin.

With final checks in, Ryse dons her helmet and returns the general's hail.

"Roger that, Iron Maiden. Pink Parrot is prepped and standing by." She turns off her mic and looks over at Alasen. "I know you love baptism by fire, but you don't hesitate to tell me what's on your mind, got it?" Ryse knows exactly how stubborn her friend can be. This is a whole different ice rink, Turk. You're not sure of anything, you tell me." Her voice is as firm as she can make it, hoping that she's putting every ounce of concern and sincerity she can into her tone.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:32:04 PM by MelsMum »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »

Craning her neck even that little bit further behind, Lucille saw 'Pink Parrot' lined up on the hardstand behind and off to her right, she could see the face of both girls they were that close. Giving the Captain a 'thumbs' up with a gloved hand then acknowledged the call. "Lets rock and roll ladies. Knowing Jordan she'll be watching from the shelter of our moon, we'll approach from the dark side." She nodded a silent command to Teya, which in essence was 'get us going now'.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

Alasen climbs into the bird on Ryse's heels, taking the indicated co-pilot seat and strapping herself in as her peer runs through pre-flight and prep, making mental notes as rapidly as she can. She might not catch every detail this time, but after some time in the seat she guarantees she'll have it all down within a flight or two.

"Interesting," she murmurs as Ryse mentions using both helo and fixed wing training. It makes her think briefly of a Harrier- one of the few machines she's not been able to fly yet. But since Harrier's don't have space capabilities, this bird has quite the leg up. At the mention of auto pilot and not having excuses for crashing, she snorts in amusement. "Crash. As if," she grins.

She nods at Ryse's final statement, all joking manner gone at the seriousness of the situation, making sure her helmet is settled securely. "You got it, Captain. You will be the first to know. Now let's get this girl in the air." Then she looks sideways at her pilot with a grin and a wink. "'Pink Parrot'? Seriously? Whoever named these is fired."

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:44 PM »

Teya ran through all of the controls.  Once she was sure all was clear she gave it a bit of throttle to head out.  Hopefully it would be a simple thing to take care. "Going up,"she grinned as she pulled the throttle back.  Yes, she may have been older, but the thrill of flying was still in her blood.

Once Teya was sure all the controls were still reading properly she aimed the little 401 straight up.  When they hit 30,000 feet she leveled it off. "Alright, do you see anyone?" she asked.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

As Ryse puts the bird into Cycle, she grins. "Agreed. I wanted Black Wolf, but they just wouldn't let me. I think that's the reason they used Pink Parrot .... They knew I'd hate it." She tells her, pulling her hands away to let her go into auto.

"I think it was TJ getting payback for me calling him Terry all the time." She confides as the 401 makes her way quickly to the distance required and grabs the yoke as soon as the bird puts herself into manual. Now under any other circumstances, at this point Ryse would have normally put the lead on and whizzed them out of the atmosphere in seconds just to see the look on Turk's face. Wouldn't have been the first time and she finds herself grinning wickedly remembering the incident.

But this was different. They were actually on a mission and she didn't need the General to tear a chunk out of her and put her on some menial task as punishment. So instead, she sticks close to her wing position and follows Iron Maiden into Planetary Orbit.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:54:08 PM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »

Turk settles in as the bird goes airborne, watching Ryse out of the corner of her eye, but more than that: she attunes her senses to the machine surrounding them, taking note of the vibrations, the sounds, the feel of the controls. For once she's grateful they're on an actual mission, and the usual screwing around that pilots like to impose on each other isn't present. This bird is unlike anything she's flown before and she can feel her heart rate increasing at the restrained power she can feel thrumming just beneath her fingers.

'Can't wait to put one of these through it's paces,' she thinks, a smile curling up the corners of her mouth. 'Oh, and don't forget, Turk. You're heading into freaking SPACE. That girlhood dream of being an astronaut? This- kicks that dreams' @$$.'

She settles back into the flight chair and can't hide the delight on her face as Ryse takes them into Planetary Orbit.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

*radio*

"Chief Meyer, please inform the medical teams to be on standby the moment we land. Captain Collins has a patient for you."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »

{Warrant Officer T.J Meyer} NPC

The waiting for your birds to come home was always the worst part; the not knowing. TJ had paced so much up and down the hangar he had worn a theoretical path in the reinforced concrete, more or less. His radio suddenly chirping into life though, brought back down. "Yes ma'am. They'll be here when you arrive." He worried though, who was injured, the new girl?

"Medbay, have a team assemble in the Hangar asap please." He said into his coms.

"Copy that Chief, they'll be there in three minutes." Came the reply.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

<< From Orbit - Pink Parrot >>

Ryse appears hops down from the 401 and greets the SF's standing there. "Sergeant, Lieutenant." She nods to them each in turn before updating them. "He hasn't given us any trouble so far, but he's pretty banged up so I don't imagine he could if he wanted to. Captain Turcotte has him stabilised as much as possible, but without the proper equipment, we can't tell how extensive the damage is."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »

<< From PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits >>

Turk follows Ryse's lead and hops lightly from the 401 onto the floor to join her friend, helmet dangling from one hand. "He seems pretty withdrawn," she tells the SFs quietly. "But that could be because of the shock setting in. About all I got out of him was his rank and name: Lieutenant Commander Takeda Akira. Looks to be a marine, but the uniform isn't standard. Lots of broken ribs." She nods at the med team just now entering the bay. "I'm sure they've been briefed on his condition. I don't think he's capable of being a threat at the moment, but always better to be safe than sorry."

She stepped aside as the med team went past, then sighed and scrunched her shoulders up to her ears, pulling then back and down with a physical effort to relieve some of the lingering tension. It had been a long time since she'd seen actual, real time combat, and coupled with the rest of the excitement of the day, she was starting to feel worn out. She leaned forward to speak quietly into Ryse's ear. "Any chance of that drink happening any time soon?"
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

The moment Teya brought the Maiden to a halt within the cavernous hangar, Lucille was out of her seat, removing the helmet and leaving that behind; she wasn't going to be caught out again. "Teya, I want you to change the air crews standing orders. Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week I want pilots sitting in these birds and prepped to leave at an instant, they can rotate in three shifts. I'm going to press the SGC for another eight birds and crew as well." She left via the side door, running over to the others.

"Lieutenant, I don't care if he is the Easter Bunny, have two SF's guard him round the clock until I say otherwise." That was all she needed to say, the man could be a Goa'uld for all they knew, faking it. She was still taken aback by his sudden arrival just the same.

"As soon as Commander O'Neil arrives, I'll need to speak with all of you in my office. Before I let you loose on the town." She said to Turcotte and Collins, with a wry grin. If she had a store of medals, Lucille would be handing one to each of them, but for these brave crew, getting plastered was all the reward they needed.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »

{Iron Maiden}

Teya pulled her own helmet off when they landed, glad to be rid of that and shook her hair out.  It had been more of a battle then she had expected and somehow they had picked up a person on the way.  That was still a bit worrisome.  Teya nodded.  "Got it.  I'll get right on that."  It made sense.  They didn't want to be caught unprepared again.  Especially when it seemed like the LA was kicking it up a notch.  Teya stepped out of the Iron Maiden and went to see about the changes that needed to take place.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »

<<Alpha Site Planetary Hangar>>

Jon nodded silently at Jordon's response as he finished landing the 401 into the hangar. The landing was smooth and he finished throttling it down. As the commander prepared to leave her chair, Jon thought for a minute and cleared his throat as he looked up at her with his response, "I get it ma'am I really do. But you know, somewhere in the back of my mind and in my heart I always hope there is a better way. I know diplomacy doesn't work, you know like with terrorists..." He paused for a moment. "...so until that way comes to me, I guess I'll have to look at Earth's enemies as little more than terrorists perhaps."

Being of course an officer and a gentleman, he stood aside to allow Jordan to exit first. Soon as his feet touched the hard ground, Jon removed his helmet and let it hang from his tips as he looked around a bit. It was cool outside. Maybe a bit chilly but he hardly noticed it. On the left of his vision, he noticed the Pink Parrot that had landed a while ago. Medics were swarming a little bit as they helped stabilize and maintain a certain newcomer or survivor. He didn't get a good glimpse of the guy so he was curious.

The crews were swarming the Hangar by busy. He listened and heard the General ordering two guards posted for the newcomer. He kinda felt bad for the newcomer but understood the need for it.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:07 PM »

<Lady Bird 1>

"That's pretty much the way I see it Jon. I don't like killing for the sake of it, never have. But when you're pressed against a wall, and you find you have no other choice. Do it as quickly and mercifully as you can, simply so we don't sink to their level and become just another barbaric race." Sometimes Jordan could be very philosophical, sometimes. Leaving the Lady Bird, she could feel that shower calling to her, but of course you had to have the de-brief with the CO first.

Walking slowly over to Lucille, taking off the helmet in the process, at last she stood between the others. "Ma'am, we nearly lost you up there, I think we should find a way to ground you." That was said more as a friend than anything else. A commander had no right being up there at the fire  wall, but then you could never tell the Iron Maiden that.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

With the SF's in place and the med team fully surrounding the man, Ryse feels comfortable walking with the Commander. She's certain that she's heard Turk's question with the final comment from her and she returns the woman's smile as the final members of the team join them.

"Thank you, Ma'am." It takes all the restraint Ryse has to not bound off towards the office. She really wanted to get out of the flight suit, showered and into some decent clothes so she and Turk could get caught up. There was just SO much to tell her now that they were part of the Program.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9