Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits  (Read 4943 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:24 PM »

The small blue green planet, much like our own Earth, sits in an eliptical orbit around its central Sun (there are two, the second much smaller and far out on the edge of space). It is the 5th planet out, and one of two habital planets in the system.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

So far everything was going as expected, Jordan often thought she could teach a pilot with only minimal hours to fly a 401, that is until things got squirrely. Not that she expected anything, it had been quiet ever since the end of the war, with only the odd LA raider poking his nose in to test their defences. That was some three months ago.

"ETA, two minutes." She called out the course and time. Right at that point, she was about to radio the training station, the frequency was already punched in, when a beeping alarm sounded on her radar panel. A quick look told her what she needed to know, the profile of the contact and its inbound course the rest. An LA raider and more than one this time. "Go up Lieutenant, way up, above them." Jordan pointed at the radar display. "I'm going to cloak, we don't know yet what they are up to, might be just another looksee." The trajectory of the 401, would put it into space, the dark inky void above the planet.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »

As Jon continued to push the 401 forward, the beeping alarm suddenly alerted Jon's senses to the station. He listened to her and pulled right over the raider. The 401 suddenly cloaked as it continued forward into space. Jon continued to stare wide eyed with awe as he ventured into space for the first time. Of course, he kept his eyes on the controls to be alert on that raider that was obviously trying to find the fighter.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »

Jordan watched both visually and through the sensors and she did not like what she saw. She knew their tactics well enough to know this was only an advance party, soon another ship would arrive and the party would begin. Not if she had anything to do with it.

"Take us behind our moon, over there." This would all be experience for the rookie. She pointed towards the big blue white orb. She had to weigh up her options, it was Sunday, she was the only duty pilot. All other personnel would be in town or off base somewhere and by the time the alarm had sounded it could be too late. But there was one other way and it was a long shot. She started fiddling with coms until she got what she wanted, a sub space channel direct to the SGC via Norad.

"SGC this is Commander Jordan O'Neil. We are in orbit over the Alpha site homeworld. Two LA ships have shown up, its a feint. Another will be on the way. I don't have time to explain why, but I can say this, its frakking SUNDAY. If you have any pilots doing nothing right now, send them through to my crew chief asap." She sent a copied message to him as well.

"Lieutenant, you did write your will didn't you?" A note of sarcasm.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:04 PM »

{{OOC: I need this sig tiny  :P }}

Jon continued to push the craft toward the moon away from the world the Alpha Site was located. It was going to be a challenge for him to keep up and he hoped that it wouldn't turn into another battle that he would be forced to fight in. Although he did sincerely wish they would fire on the craft already. It would give him reason to push the craft faster.

He read the copy of the message and smirked at her sarcastic comment as he thought to himself, Working on it.

He however had a quick question as he didn't get the notice something about LA ships. He looked at her and asked politely, "Ma'am, if I may. What are LA ships? Are they dangerous?"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:27:35 AM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:03:39 AM »

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

*Subspace radio from SGC*

"Commander O'Neil. Assistance is on the way. Notify your crew chief to have one of your 401's ready."

There was no need to reply to Walter, to do so might well compromise their already precarious position. Right now the last thing they needed was idle chatter, even in the 401. "Can it Leiutenant for now, you can talk your head off once the firing starts." She said that almost at a whisper. Then sent a coded message to her crew chief. "Lucian Alliance Jon." It was the first time she had used his name and it was at a whisper. "A ragtag coaltion of bad guys, human for the most part." And a damned thorn in Earth's arse as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:59:34 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 02:26:55 AM »

*Radio*

As Noah ended the comm, he inputted a few more commands and turned his next message to O'Niel encrypted scrambling the codes for her speaking, "LadyBird One, Chalmers enroute to your rendezvous"

As the console on O'Niel's side beeped with the codes being sent to her, Jon looked at his own radar and inwardly swore to himself. He cleared his throat and responded, "Commander, two more bogeys headed our direction."

Jon had been doing his best keeping the 401 flying and cloaked while observing the LA ships.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:58:23 AM by Greenhorn »

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »

"Commander O'Neil, we've got your tail, what's the situation?"
Teya asked over the radio.  She wasn't completely sure what they were getting into and she hoped that Jordan would be able to fill them in a bit.    Teya glanced around as she kept the 401 leveled out.  "How are things looking, ma'am?" she asked Lucille.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »

<From Surface>

From angels thirty and upwards, Lucille was monitoring the entire way. At angels fifty, she engaged the cloak as a matter of course and if the Alliance had been tracking them, they would have simply disappeared and left heads scratching. "One, two, three Hat'aks and several Al-Kesh I'm counting. I believe the Alliance may mean business this time Teya." She looked closely at her radar, of course she couldn't see Jordan either, but as a guestimate she would be somewhere on the dark side, possibly in a fixed orbit over the Crasius crater. Her gloved finger pointed to a spot on the screen. "We'll know soon enough how we're doing. Take us there, I think we'll find Commander O'Neill and the rookie in that area."

With hope and good luck, Ryse and Turk would be right behind her and though once cloaked she would be blind as they would be to her when doing the same, at the proximity of their ranges Turk could hang on the 'Iron Maiden's' energy signature.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

As Ryse breaks into what basically amounts to outer space, she pulls on their cloak second after Chalmers and Renner do. She glances to Turk, knowing that she'll likely need to explain a few things now.

"Alright, so. I just activated the cloak Romulan style. So we're invisible to their scans and the naked eye, as you can see." She nods her chin towards where the Iron Maiden was visible only seconds ago. "But if you look there," She points to a console in front of Turk. "You can track them by their energy signature. I need you to call out the numbers for me so I can stay on their wing, but not ... you know ... smack into them. Cause that would be bad. We need to stay within fifty feet of them or we won't be able to pick up  their signature anymore and we could risk losing them. Our rendezvous is dark side of the moon, so at least we know where to find them if we do lose them, though."

She stops and looks at her friend, wondering if her head is swimming just as much as hers was when she first got into one of the space-capable machines of the SGC. Ryse also reminds herself that Alasen had just finished her orientation, so her head would already be spinning from that monumental amount of information overload.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »

Turk blinks and sits forward as the Iron Maiden blinks out of sight. "What the..."  Then Ryse does something and she can FEEL the frequency of the Pink Parrot's (seriously, so, so FIRED) vibrations shift nominally.

"Cloak. Damn. Okay. I'll ask more about that later." Her brain is shifting into high gear, swimming with all the questions she wants to ask, and she shuts it down, focusing on the task at hand and the console in front of her that Ryse had indicated.  "Energy signature, within fifty feet, on their wing. No problem." Everything fades away except the cockpit of this amazing bird and the job she has to do, and she begins reciting position coordinates out loud to guide Ryse along the Maiden's wing at a distance of about thirty feet. She can see how the energy signature fluctuates as they approach, and locks that into her memory as an ideal range. 'Anything greater is too close and you run the risk of clipping their wing. Anything lesser is too far and you'll lose them. It's just instrument flying, like any other bird you've ever been in. You got this.' The task of keeping them on Maiden's invisible wingtip quickly settles into routine and she knows without a doubt that Ryse will let her know the instant she is needed elsewhere. But until then, this is what she needs to do.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »

A proximity IFF alarm went off on Jordan and Jon's main instrument panel and knowing the LA did not possess such technology she was safe to assume help had arrived and in that, it was also safe to break radio silence. She should have perhaps in hindsight explained that to Jon, that being behind the moon, any transmissions to and from the planet would be detected, but safely here, between other 401's, unless the LA moved to line of sight, they won't be heard.

By this time the surface missile batteries will be online as well, and for them to do their job and not waste million dollar missiles, it will go smoother if the 401 flight can do the hard yards for them, that is to break down the enemies shields and that is exactly what the small ships were designed for.

So, game time. "Hope you haven't been bored Lieutenant." Jordan spoke unexpectedly. "Time to roll the dice." She opened up a channel, knowing her friends would hear her. "Lady Bird One to back up band. Time to drop the mask and dance with the devil." With that, making sure Jon was watching, she uncloaked their ship and waited for the response.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »

In space

Jon nodded as he woke up a bit looking around the cockpit of the AC401. He was eager but maybe a little bit scared. He hid it well as he remembered the words his friend once told him.

Breathe and watch your targets. Remember. When you hold the stick, you are the god of the skies

It was what she said that he remembered closed to his heart and still missed her presence. Akela Valerii was her name. He muttered silently to himself, Bless you Boomer. Wish you were here. You'd be proud of me and what I am doing right now.

He immediately became alert the ship was decloaked by Oniel and continued to observe while keeping his hand on the controls for a quick order from her to take control when needed. He was ready for this.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:57:25 AM by Greenhorn »

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »

Teya frowned as she picked out the ships as well.  The LA never learned.  She just hoped that Jordan was still in one piece.  "It does seem that way.  You would think they would learn."  She looked at the screen that Lucille was pointing at. "Got it.  Heading there now.  We still got the others on our tail?"  She didn't want to lose Turk and Ryse.

Teya smiled a bit when she finally heard Jordan's voice. "Copy that Lady Bird One.  We're on our way."  Here went nothing.  they were certainly breaking in the two new ones.  Well, trial under fire, best way to do it.  Teya angled the little 401 to head for the coordinates that Lucille had pointed out.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 07:18:06 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

Once within the deep dark shadow of the 'World's' moon, Lucille switched the cloaking off, no point in wasting power that would be needed in the next few moments. The pending excitement of battle began to bloom in her soul as she went from that mode of arriving and all it entailed to the anxious readiness mode that came with having your hands busy and eyes in focus to every instrument and control on your little ship.

"The last time round you were my back up band Commander, I do hope I can harmonize as well as you did for me." He message carried a sense of rare Chalmers humour; if it weren't for O'Neil and their last rodeo with the LA, Lucille would be pushing up daisies right now. "Captains Collins, I'm sure you remember Commander O'Neil, we'll be following her lead. But once we're engaged, if we're separated at any one time, take targets of opportunity but always ensure one of us has your six. Captain Turcotte, welcome to the real world"

She turned to Teya, nodded at her giving a grim smile. "If I said this was a beautiful day to start a war Teya, would you be inclined to agree?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7