Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits  (Read 4516 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »

"Thank you Ma'am, looking forward to it," Alasen replied, following the Maiden's path behind the moon. After the mic was turned off, she turned to Ryse and muttered sotto voce, "It isn't as if I've never seen combat before..."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

< Pink Parrot >

Ryse remained focused on staying in position. She knew that one false step could end the entire mission for them. Not to mention many other unpleasant things. While she has utter faith in Turcotte's abilities, though, she can't help but throw discrete glances at her console. Just in case. After a moment, though, she realises that she was right; her friend did catch on as quickly as she thought she would. Perhaps even quicker. And she keeps her eyes on her own readings, trusting the other Captain to keep them on track.

At the sound of the Commander's voice, Ryse finds herself grinning. More at the command. God it was good to be back in action. As she decloaks the bird, she calls over the comms to Chalmers and O'Neil.

"Roger that! Pink Parrot ready for the music!" Then, to Alasen, "Not like this you haven't." She says with a wink. "She just meant that now you get to see stuff you didn't know existed before."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »

Teya grinned a bit. "Oh, I think I would have to agree," she answered.  Yes, she could be a real hard nose when she wanted to be, but at other times her fun side showed through.  this mission was bringing out both sides of her.  She glanced around, making sure she knew what they were in for.  She just hoped the others did as well.  Especially the two they just picked up at Alpha Site.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:32:22 PM by MelsMum »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:13 PM »

<Lady Bird1>

"Collins is that you? Well bless my sweet arse, welcome to the party...I hope you and your buddy brought some fireworks!" Jordan was now in overload and this was going to be life or death, no two ways about that. "Lieutenant, I'll need to focus on flying, I can only assume you've had your own PlayStation at some point, gunnery duties on this bird is not too different. Jump in the seat behind, the console is straight forward, lock onto a target, chose your weapon of choice and Ka-bang!"

Jordain went to wide broadcast, not that she was being brave, because she knew the LA would still not yet hear them. "General, I've seen you fly with a hang over, this will be a piece of cake, albeit a very large one. Line astern girls, I'll lead this dance although we don't have the mines on board, I'll open this up with a Foxtrot!" She was of course referring to the AIM205 gate buster missile. It might not kill a Hat'ak in one shot, but it would do a hell of a lot of damage.

With that she eased the 401 up and started coming around from the dark side of the moon. "Keep a minimum distance of one kilometer, the moment I make my first attack, General we'll need your mines deployed, Ryse, use your can opener after that and I'll make for the nearest Al-kesh." They would be outnumbered of course, but it was all in a days work and the ground based missiles will follow up on them asap.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »

Lady Bird One

As Jon continued to observe, he quickly closed his eyes and prayed a bit. When he first started flying, he had actually gotten airsick for a bit. It didn't last because he had his girl with him. This time, however, was a different girl. Rather, a woman with more experience under her belt, more than Jon would ever have. Sure, he liked flying, but he was actually glad Jordon took over the flying. He probably wouldn't fly as much as he should be that well. He was still a novice even if all he ever did was fly British helicopters. Helicopters were actually easier to fly than the 401, honestly.

When Jordon ordered him to take the tac console, Jon opened his eyes and briefly nodded with a brisk response, "Yes, ma'am!"

He stood and took his seat on the back as he opened up his targeting scanner. Several bogies which were LA ships were marked with red while the green dots were other AC401 that joined the battle. His spirits rose a bit. The cavalry arrived. Banging on the side of the console, he keyed in his target and chose his weapon of choice which he of course liked. He painted his targets and marked them knowing they were probably a bit of a distance. Jordon would have to let him know when he should fire or if the AC come under attack. Either ways, Jon was ready. He was born ready. All those mornings he kept getting woken up by his girlfriend was enough to keep him on and awake. Like it was built in with her telling him all over again.

Stay awake, Hope. If you keep sleeping, chances are you will miss something great. Stay alive. For me. For your Boomer.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »

< Pink Parrot >

Turk shrugged at Ryse's rebuttal. "Combat is combat. The weapons and vehicles might be different, but in the end- it's just fighting and strategy." She smiled at the communication from the bird they'd just joined and immediately eased the bird into position.  "Roger that, Lady Bird One," she radio'd. "Pink Parrot in position and ready for the real world."

She switched off the conn and sighed. "So very, very fired..."

Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

The General's eyebrows were raised at Jordan's quip and she was on the verge of a rather terse retort when she thought better of it. "It was a migraine." She said quietly off radio to Teya. "I haven't touched a drop for eight years now and I'm quite proud of that." War and what comes with it, often sent one down the road of seven hells. Its always the coming back that was the hardest.

"Jordan, on your first run make sure you veer away from that Hat'ak to the right. That second ship is drawing closer to create a flanking move on anything we might throw at them. I'd say they are expecting us right now." Lucille could only guess, it was the last readout she had on her screen before being covered by the moon. If the LA had moved by now, they were soon to discover it, and any extras that might have arrived. "Commit now!" She ordered sharply, it was indeed now or never.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »

{NPCs=Lieutenant Commander Aria Israel,First Lieutenant Akela Valerii, and Jordon O'Niel}

Time: Alternate Universe, Present

The skies were bleak and dark. The planetary Alpha Site was half destroyed and the grounds were scorched with many battles. There were AC401 and LA ships either down on the ground crashed or flying around shooting at each other. It was a losing battle for both sides. With so many dead, it was hard to keep count. In space and bit from orbit, several LA ships were chasing two AC401s. Inside one of the 401, four battle hardened soldiers were inside. One Japanese-Australian male on Tactical, One Australian female gunner, and two British pilots, one female and the other male.

The Japanese, who was known as Commander Takeda Akira, was shouting out orders. He was dressed in a dark SG uniform with an insignia that said SG-XIII. It was a Roman numeral for 13. On his creased features was sweat and blood. His hair was cut short but damp with sweat, blood and grime.

The Australian gunner was shooting back behind them trying to take them down. Her nametag was Lieutenant Commander Aria Israel. She was strong, a bit buff about the same as her commanding officer. Her short blonde hair was braided tightly down behind her. She has a long scar across her vacant eye which had a patch over it. Her other eye continued to glare at her target screen as she was angry at the LA ships. Her uniform was the same as Takeda’s.

The pilot and the copilot seated side by side were both British and of the Royal Marine Corps. The pilot was named Jonathan Agathon and his co was named Akela Valerii. They were both determined to keep the ship going and flying fast. Their ranks were both First Lieutenant.

The 401 shuddered as a few missiles were fired and exploded. Takeda continued to shout, “Keep us flying, Hope! We must reach our goal.”

Aria cursed under her breath as she spat angrily, “We won’t make it, Ryuu. We are losing the battle fast.”

“Keep firing, Commander! We are almost there,” Takeda responded just as Akela spoke up from her seat, “Sir, we’re getting something from Commander O'Neil!”

“Open it!”

Jordon's voice responded quickly, loud and clear, “How are you doing?”

Takeda made his report, “Not good, General. We are losing shields and we have run out of mines. There are damages across the board. Commander Israel is keeping them at a distance, however.”

Aria spat again as she managed to take one of the LA ships down, “Not well, I am afraid, Commanderl. If we need to go, the time is now!”

Jordon responded, “Patience Commander. You are doing well.”

The comm cut short as two 401s quickly left orbit of the planet and headed toward the moon dodging fires from the remaining two LA ships chasing them.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:08:29 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 09:00:21 PM »

<Lady Bird1>

"Copy that!" Jordan almost screamed those words, for months now the LA had been poking, making feints at the base and the planet in general and now she knew they meant business. Usually it was one Hat'ak or a lone Al-Kesh, they had never before put forward so many assets and the Alpha site knew only too well it was just a matter of time before they made their move and intentions known.

The 401 came out from behind the darkness of the moon, a small bug with an extremely poisonous sting and attitude to match. Now uncloaked the moment she was revealed the enemy would have them marked, but they would have to be quick, such was the closing velocity that Jordan pressed home. "Mark one, aim for the Peltak Lieutenant!" The 401 was a streak of light and Jordan's eyes were wide open, more so now because there was not one, but now three Hat'aks and at least five Al-Kesh. "Frak me, nice odds." That was over the radio, today was a good day to die.
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

< Pink Parrot >

"Yes, Ma'am!" Collins calls into the comm to the Commander. "Got bored of flying the Jumpers around so I thought I get in some combat hours." She relays enthusiastically. It wasn't just a line, either. She was glad to be back doing something more fun than testing the Jumpers to see if the upgrades worked or the repairs were good or the latest crash hadn't damaged it too badly. "Got the standard fireworks, and I'm willing to put money down that the fresh meat with me will put most Top Guns to shame!"

Nodding to the rest of the commands, she lets Turk respond for her and preps herself accordingly. "Can-opener prepped and ready." She alerts the small fleet, getting into position.

"Girl, if they haven't fired me yet, you definitely ain't done anything to deserve it." She tells Turk with a wicked grin. "I'm actually surprised you didn't make it here before I did. Now, ship's got four distinct weapons. Six wing-mounted missiles on either side. For the sake of expediency, we'll say you've never seen missiles this powerful. I control one side, you've got the other." She indicates the corresponding covered switches. "Twin turret plasma pulse canons are here," She indicates the button on her yoke on the right side. "One for each of us. You've seen Star Trek, right? Similar to those. You've got control of the twenty five mill Gatling there," She indicates the device above her head. "Which can be pulled down when needed, and the twelve decoy mines, which can be deployed with that and controlled with that input pad." She goes through everything as simply as possible, hoping her friend will remember everything. "For right now, I need you to be prepared to loose the mines and use the pulse canon on my mark."

As she watches everything unfold, she makes some calculations and settles in for some good old fashion space brawling. She opens her comms and leaves it so the others can hear what she's saying.

"Turk, take that flanker. I've got the far left Al'kesh." Even as the words leave her mouth, she takes aim with the pulse canon and starts firing whilst simultaneously maneuvering the 401 so Alasen doesn't end up firing into the General's bird.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:26:05 PM by Mandi »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »

Lady Bird One

Jon was wide awake. Definitely. It wasn't the time to go to bed. Actually, come to think of it, Hope's stomach all of a sudden had a mind of its own and started growling. The LA ships weren't the only enemy he's facing. His hunger was also his enemy he must vanquish, but that day has yet to come yet. For now, the LA ships...

Jon nervously gulped a large lump in his throat as he nodded at Jordon's command, "Yes, ma'am!"

He aimed for the center Hat'ak and waited patiently. Suddenly he opened fire hitting the target. Right now, Lady Bird One seemed to be a bit limited in the mines department, but he will do what he can to keep himself and the Commander alive.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:59:07 PM by MelsMum »

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »

Teya hid a smile behind a gloved hand. "I wasn't judging.  As long as you have my back I have no reason to complain," she assured Lucille.  She was glad that everyone seemed to be able to keep their heads about them despite everything going on.  Teya realigned the Iron Maiden, leaving it up to Lucille to take care of the weapons. "How's it looking?" she asked Lucille.

This was going to be tricky.  It seemed like the LA was better prepared this time then they normally were.  Well, she wasn't about to give up that was for sure.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:55:19 PM by MelsMum »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »

< Pink Parrot >

Turk chuckles at Ryse's assertion that there is practically no way she could get 'fired'. "If I could knock on wood in here..." As they move on to the business of weaponry, she focuses on Ryse's explanations. It's apparent that the vehicles have been designed by military; things seem to be in reasonable, familiar places, and it isn't going to be hard to remember what button activates what weapon.

Mostly, she's just excited to see what does what.

At Ryse's command to take the flanker, she nods and takes the control for the pulse cannon in her right hand, hovering her left over the pad for the mines. "Roger that," she says, more out of habit than anything, and as the Parrot swings around to face the enemy ships her finger depresses the button for the pulse cannon. Knowing in theory what it does isn't quite the same as actually seeing it in action, but she tamps down the giddiness factor for later expression and focuses all her attention on the task at hand. Their little squadron of 401s were fairly well outnumbered, but with some judicious flying and strategic strikes it shouldn't be too difficult to hamstring the incoming aggressors; they did have the twin advantages of surprise and quite a bit of agility on their side.

Her eyes flicker over the ships outside their windows, using her peripheral vision to note where Ryse is concentrating her fire on the Al'kesh. Being completely unfamiliar with the enemy birds, any lead on where possible weak spots were was welcome.

"Let me know when you want me to drop these mines," she called out, strafing the side of an Al'kesh with the pulse cannon as their bird swooped and rolled and dodged. The lack of gravity was weird, but not having to worry about passing out from Gs was a nice bonus. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the bogey she'd just strafed erupt into flames, but it didn't seem to slow it down at all as it spun and gave chase. "Got a hot one on our tail, Collins...."

Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

"Jesus Christ!" That was quite an unusual exclamation for Lucille, rarely did she take the Lord's name in vain and it had to be a rare circumstance for her to do so. Yet seeing the eruption of Jordan's missile on the leading Hat'ak take quite an effect she was rather taken aback. Whether the ship's shields weren't at full strength or simply faulty didn't matter, the missile did slow it down considerably, but not enough for weapons fire to start aiming towards the three little Tauri ships. It would be enough at least for the ground based missiles to take her out.

"Switching targets, I'm going for that bastard to the right!" Of course there were always interruptions to your plans, Lucille saw the bandit on Pink Parrot's tail. "Teya, arm the mines and drop them on my command... Collins!" She yelled over the radio. "Bandit on your six..." Flying straight for her target, her right hand was on the pulse cannon control, the targeting cross hairs in her helmet HUD had Collin's bogey lined up. The top turret swung to her left, twin blue white beams cut like a hot knife through butter, the end result was an eruption of the Al-Kesh, an explosion that sent his wing off course considerably. "Splash one!"

By now she was in direct line of the second Hat'ak, five hundred metres and closing fast, dodging the barrage of weapons fire and sweating like a builder laborer in mid summer. "Release now Teya!"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:08 PM »

<LB1>

"Where the hell is the Britannia!" Jordan screamed over the radio, she had no idea the ship had left station earlier that day. This was going to be one hell of a way to end her life if something didn't happen soon. Thankfully the Hat'aks hadn't launched gliders, she wondered about that but not for long. They still helf Al-Kesh, not counting the escorting ones with them.

"Lieutenant, we have one Gate buster left, target that second Hat'ak, release at will. We're going to get down and dirty!" She arced the 401 over, heading for the nearest AK, both 25mm and pulse beams firing. She scored some hits but the pilot was good, giving her a merry chase.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7