Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Gymn and Physical Rehab  (Read 1031 times)

Ares

Stargate Command- Level 21 - Gymn and Physical Rehab
« on: September 03, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Donvan came down from his quarters on Lvl 23, taking a left instead of a right which would have led to the medical and 'chapel' areas, instead entering the Rehab and Gym section.  He was dressed down in basic black BDU's and plain black t shirt, and as he entered the gym area, he was pleased to see he was not the only one thinking of coming here. 

Ugene sat on a bench with a leg press, absently doing sitting lunges while flipping through the contents of another mission report bio, one of many Donovan had specifically set aside and requested they familiarize themselves with.  He was similarly attired in BDU and T shirt, with a coat visible hanging near the lockers to one side.  Stanton and Emily were on the middle mat, already sweating, their hands taped and heads in blue and red wrestling protection.

Emily wasn't a little girl, but she wasn't nearly Stanton's weight class, and Donovan moved to lean his shoulder against a pull up bar watching as Emily circled the bigger man, hands open and relaxed, posture fluid and catlike.  Stanton moved on the balls of his feet, shifting from stance to stance, and Donovan recognized the Tae Kwon Do the army favored.  Donovan hadn't learned any earth martial arts yet, still favoring the style and structure taught him during his drills in another galaxy.  Thinking on it, he was reminded he hadn't fully explained his own origins to them yet. 

Ugene looked up and set the leg press to neutral with a quiet clank and wiggled his brows, closing the dossier, "Hola jefe, heard you were back from officer's training.  Everything measure up?"  He knew Donovan hated exams and interviews, but not the reason why, and so thought to rib him a little, but Don nodded and kept his eyes on the other two.  "Eh, they been at it for ten minutes, surprised none of them are bleeding yet..."

From the mat, Emily grinned around her mouthpiece, and lunged suddenly forward, quick as a viper, causing Stanton to weave his upper body back, which opened him to her true second move; a pivot on her forward heel, rebalancing to the ball of her forward foot and lashing out and up diagonally with shin and pointed foot. Stanton managed to get his head out of the way and brought his forward defensive arm up and around her thigh thinking to turn her attack into a grapple, but again, he fell into her trap, as her heel reversed course and clocked him while her leg wrapped around the back of his head, her whole body pivoting and dropping what weight she had.

Donovan's brows arched a little, and his head tilted to follow the downward progression of the bigger man, who braced with his other leg, and arm outstretched to the mat, rather than go down face first, which only left him awkwardly captive in Emily's crane like posture, the other arm twisted up and behind her knee almost over his own shoulder.  A moment's struggle, and he patted her shin around his neck, and the two disengaged, an audible gasp for air coming from Stanton letting the other two discover her hold had been tight enough to disrupt his breathing.

"What the hell was that?" Stanton stammered, getting himself upright, red faced from effort but clearly not finished.  Seeing Donovan he upnodded toward him and held up his taped hands to her, which she smacked her own against before whipping off her head padding. 

"Krav Maga... Israli break-your-s&*t martial arts they taught us in Quantico..." she answered, starting to unwrap her hands as she saw Donovan too, a fierce glint in her pale eyes "You're late... or I'd have let him spar with you first... I think I broke him... " to which Stanton snorted, taking off his own headgear.

"Preacher doesn't spar..." Ugene piped up, getting up from the leg press to snatch a new file from the stack and moved over to a curling bench.  Stanton again snorted, eyeing Donovan with a tilt of his head.

"Oh he spars... just in his head... like those old guys sitting on benches playing a whole game of chess without moving pieces..."  to which Donovan gave his slight tightening of cheeks and lips, an approximation of a 'smile' making Emily grin more.

"That I don't doubt... it's always the quiet ones... while the loud mouths are all bark and no bite..." Emily punctuated her words by tossing her damp wipe down rag at Ugene, who caught it without looking up from his papers, or breaking the curling rythem of the other arm.   Both Stanton and Emily chuckled, and Donovan's almost smile reappeared.  It was good to see them interacting and meshing as a unit, which made the smile fade again as he took a breath and straightened.   

"Wait here... I have something to show you..." All three glanced at each other as Donovan left the Gym and shortly returned with a long white pole like weapon, pointed at one end, split in a curving fork at the other, bound in leather in the middle.  He set the spiked end down near his heel and glanced at the Ori staff weapon then back at the other three. 

"You remember Orientation... how the Jaffa, servants of the Gua'uld, eventually freed themselves and are now allies?"  Stanton sat at the leg bench Ugene had vacated, while Emily straddled another and pulled out a brush for her sweat damp hair.  Ugene looked up, pausing his reading to look over the staff, cocking his head. 

"That's not one of theirs... it's... smaller...well not smaller, skinnier, pointy ... they have the bulb head thing that snaps open and a heavy counter weight ... "  Stanton and Emily looked at Ugene, who shrugged "what?  I read..."  but Donovan nodded.

"This belonged to an Ori soldier, a General..."  He paused here again, running his thumb along the well worn but well tended leather wrap around the middle.  As Stanton got up to come over and inspect the staff, Ugene paused, one eye twitching as he sifted through his mental filing cabinet, but it was Emily that beat him to it.

"They almost won ... if it wasn't for that relic SG1 hunted down."  Apparently Ugene wasn't the only one reading.  As Donovan carefully handed the staff over to Stanton, he took another breath, and exhaled before continuing. 

"It's mine."  Stanton froze where he was, only his eyes raising from the staff in his hands to Donovan's face.  Emily's hair brushing paused, and she slowly straightened where she sat.  Ugene, taking a few minutes to actually work through what had the other two going so still, and Donovan's face so solemn, suddenly dropped his curling weight and shot to his feet.

"You're an alien!

Stanton stared at him a long silent moment, glancing down at the staff, then back at Donovan, before handing it back slowly.  Emily stared at him, her face blank, reverting to a natural defensive neutrality to hide her thoughts, though her eyes were slightly wider than she'd like, and she swallowed hard enough to be audible.   

Ugene, undaunted, came rushing over "But .. you look just like us?  You had all those physicals just like us... what they skip the part where you got green blood or somethin?" causing Stanton to faintly whap his shoulder.

"I am human, like you, I'm just not from this galaxy.  I was born, like many others, on another world.  Unlike the people of this galaxy you find on other planets, my ancestors were not snatched off earth and relocated elsewhere by the goa'uld, but by the Ori.  My ancestors are descendants of a people created by ascended beings, bred to serve, and to worship."

Taking the staff he moved around Stanton and Ugene and walked to the center of the mat, going through a few simple routines with it, feeling the muscle memory of weeks and months of drilling and practice.  He'd always be far more proficient with this weapon than any tau'ri one he'd been trained with since. Turning, he glanced back to the other three, Emily still sitting, comb forgotten in her hands, but the look on Stanton's face was all he needed to know the large man understood what pain it caused him to tell them this. 

"I was captured by the SGC, during a skirmish.  I was brought here... detained, questioned... imprisoned.  I was a prisoner of War.  My faith, my upbringing, would not let me surrender, would not let me capitulate, but they did nothing untoward to me... some even tried to befriend me.'   He recalled long talks of philosophy and self examination with the Jaffa Teal'c, and in depth discussions of Origin with the good Dr Jackson. 

Glancing up he saw clarity enter Ugene's face, and a faint dawning horror on Emily's. 

"You're... How did they let you enlist?  What were you doing in Division One!?"  The irate tone in her voice was clear as the expression on her face, brush clenched tight in one hand.  Donovan slung the staff under one arm, and sighed.

"After the Arc... there was only minor skirmishes with the Ori Warriors who had no Prior to stop them, to tell them the truth. A truth I'd known, among a few others, about the Ori, and their mission here.  The reason they needed worship, the reason they used us.  Without the Grand Crusade, all the Ori faction retreated through the supergate back to the Alteran Galaxy. Some of us...of them.. were wounded and being tended by physicians.. once they were mended enough to travel, they too returned home."

"But you didn't" Stanton prompted, hooking a thumb into a pocket and staring hard at him.  "You didn't because you didn't need the Arc to tell you what you'd done was wrong..."  Ugene glanced at Stanton, at his tone, a line forming between his brows, then back at Donovan.

"So you like, killed people from Earth, and they let you join the military just like that?"

"No.. not just like that... General O"Neill vouched for me, as did Teal'c, and Dr Jackson.  They spent time with me during my interrogation and incarceration.  They ... saw my need for redemption.  I didn't want to go back to that place, to that home.  That was a dead life, a dead future.  I stayed to make a new one for myself.  The military was only a logical decision... my social skills are from an era your history books would call the Middle Ages.  Not exactly 'blend in' material."

Stanton snorted faintly, the seriousness of his expression shifting a little to amusement, and Ugene's brows rose enough to wrinkle his forehead.  Emily however, was far from amused.

"They let you join... they let you train, and learn, along side the people you'd started off in a campaign.. no .. a Crusade... to turn or destroy.   And you wait until now to tell us?  After we're all signed up and ready to .." she cut herself off, lips and jaw going taunt, and she tossed her brush into the small bag she'd brought with her, scooping it and her coat up off the bench, and storming past all three. A tense moment of silence passed before Ugene spoke.

"She'll get over it... I mean... you aren't like... different or anything.  Just ... different..." bobbing his head as if that made perfect sense, and in a way it did.  Stanton eyed Donovan again a moment, before speaking in a quieter tone.

"She won't trust easy ... give her time, and she'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  We've benefited from defectors in the past.  No reason you should be any different.  Wasn't like you had much choice, when you were one of them, did you?"

Donovan shook his head some, slowly, eyes on the open doorway hearing the elevator doors close. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:59:22 PM by Ares »

Ares

Re: Stargate Command- Level 21 - Gymn and Physical Rehab
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »

While Donovan spotted Ugene on the bench, Stanton exited with a towel around his neck, only to find Emily hadn't stormed off.  She stood in the hall just out of sight, and her intense eyes met his as he exited.  Acting as if nothing was amiss, the larger man completed his leave taking of the room only to come up within inches of the somewhat tall woman.  He didn't say anything, or ask why she was still standing there.  He had a pretty good idea based on the folded arms, the set of her jaw, and the tension on her shoulders. 

"Why are you ok with this, Brick?" she started, barely a whisper, but slightly venomous none the less.  His broad shoulder rose and fell, and he reached to grip either end of the towel around his neck. 

"He's just like us.  We've all done things we regret... things we wish we could make up for..." he didn't start his explanation with the how and why, instead he went for what he thought would get through to her the fastest.  Personal, deep, maybe below the belt but hey, they didn't call him Brick for his charm.  He knew he'd chosen well for the tension in her shoulders became a wince, and inward hunch and she half turned away from him.

"That wasn't my fault..."

"Yeah?  Well I recall the last thing I saw before a bag over my head was the bottom of your boots ... and they weren't pointing toward me..."

"Peruvian jail is a death sentence to a woman... you know that..." she snapped, defensive hunch to her shoulders growing tighter.  He nodded some, adjusting the towel and shrugged.

"Point being how did you feel about it?" He held out a hand, stalling her open mouth before she answered or tried to defend her actions further. "Don't tell me.. just remember it... now take that... and multiply it... say it wasn't me you left behind.. but the whole squad... hell.. the whole country... and maybe.. just maybe.. you'll get a piece of what he feels when he looks at us ... and remembers what he's done..."

Without further words he moved into the locker section to stow his gear.  With a pale face of regret and horror, Emily stood in the hallway, staring at nothing, churning over what he'd said.  She hadn't thought of it that way, she'd only thought of the betrayal, of course she'd only thought of herself, that's what had kept her alive so long in a field that didn't cater to those who were slow or squeamish or sentimental.   With a new resolved set to her jaw, she flipped her hair back, sweeping hands over her face and exhaling. 

"When did you become so Zen?" she accused as much as asked his back.

"Iso will do that to you..."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »

Colonel George Sanderson

Radio

"Donavan, get your arse to the briefingroom. full gear ASAP. And bring your team"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:44:02 PM by Bowsy 112 »

Ares

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »

Donovan glanced up at the intercom speaker on the wall near the door, just in time to see Emily come back in frowning still from what Stanton had said, though he was under the impression it was at him.  Hearing the order given by the acting CIC, Donovan helped Ugene finish this last rep, and then murmured down to the smaller latino.

"Follow the green line to the armory and requisition room.  I'll see what this is about."

The little man popped up eyes glinting, "What's full gear mean here?  I mean... I know what it means out there, ya'know... in the normal world, but this is si-fi world right?  Do we get like, lasers and s#!t?"  He was almost bouncing with anticipation, enough so that even Emily smiled a bit and broke her frown. 

"Don't know until we know the mission.  And no... no lasers...but maybe something close..."  He paused by Emily on the way out, he didn't say anything, but his expression was even as his gaze, and he waited for her to nod, indicating they were ok, at least for now, and he nodded back.  Exiting the Gym he met Stanton in the hall.  "Take them down and requisition the field spec uniforms, and standby on gear.  I'll see what they want us for and get the proper order." 

The big man just nodded, accepting, and moving into the Gym to gather the others and head down to Level 28, while Donovan grabbed his black BDU coat, and was zipping it as he headed down to 27. 

<<Donovan to CO, Emily, Ugene, Stanton to Armory and Requisition>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »

Kim had been in the gym some ten minutes now and as she was alone, the way she preferred it, she could do what she wanted without comment from anyone. She gave off the view to most as a slacker when it came to exercise and joked often about her weight. But the truth of it was, she was is a demon in the gym and so with that, she warmed up with a solid quick five minute run on the treadmill. Now, weights at the moment she was doing 100 lb bench presses.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

George4

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »

He walked into the gym and he looked a bit lost with his lab coat still on. He actually preferred the sessions in the gym since it gave him a better insight to the people he was assigned to. He needed to look at the list again, to see if he missed anyone today. He sometimes did. He spotted Kim doing the bench press without a spotter which was kinda dangerous so he went over to spot for her. Knowing full well he was in for a hell, if he started to work out with her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »

"Twenty three, twenty four...." Kim caught Arcadia out of the corner of her eye. She put the barbell up on the rack and sat up, a lovely glean of sweat covering her in those tiny lycra gym shorts and her midriff top. No, despite her own words, she didn't have an ounce of fat on her and all the observer could see was a very toned and athletic body, with a womanly version of a six pack. "You going to stand there in that suit and get a good perv Arcadia, or join me on the other bench?" She held her hand out towards the machine next to her.
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

He took off the the Lab coat after a chuckle and a shake of the head. Then he took the bench next to her. he set it and started to match her in stride. he was silently cursing himself. He like to work out but she was brutal to match. "So when are you going up to check on maria. She had a few visitors and seemed busy talking with them."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 12:12:31 AM »

Her eyes looked over to Arcadia slowly, he was reasonably fit for someone in his position, yet perhaps not fit enough in her view. That was more than likely a hang up from her married days and a cop for a husband who couldn't go a day without a six pack of donuts. That and other things, divorces were never pretty, Kim was thankful hers was quick. "You really need to work out more you know. But with your frame you should be swimming and running, you're not built for weights." It didn't help that Kim was the base PT instructor either, she was quite a zealot when it comes down to it. "As soon as I finish this session and have a shower, I'll be back on duty....oh, she has?" She added at the end.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:41:51 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 07:02:35 AM »

"Yes quite a few when I went up so I left to go back later." He smiled knowing full well his build was that of a runner. He usually only did the cardio in here with some of his patients because many preferred that then to just sitting down and talking. "They were speaking of finding out where someone she lost had got too."

Good thing the SGC required that all members sign a release so doctors could talk about the patients in there care otherwise havoc could happen if one had to prescribe med and so did the other.

He usually did that whenever Kym was up for a psych eval since she was more open when she was working out it seemed to him.

She was due yet however Cate was and so was someone who needed to have a court Marshall when the dreadnaught landed. He was not sure when they would be done with whatever mission they were on.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:50:45 PM »

"That would be Craig Donovan her fiance'. He is the SGC's liaison officer at the Pentagon under General O'Neill." Kim realised what she was saying and had to finish her set with a sigh. Sitting up she began to explain as much as she knew. "We heard a day or so ago there was some kind of attack there in DC and Craig was reported missing. God she must be going out of her mind poor thing." It may or may not be a good thing to see Maria now, but then Kim knew only too well how close she was to Craig. They'd be an item around Stargate Command for as long as she could remember. "I'll get showered and changed. We'll go see her sooner rather than later."
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »

He nodded as he put up the bar and clean off the equipment he used.

" I will wait outside the gym then."

He had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach but he still did his weird little skip out the door. He would shower later seeing as he barley broke a sweat and he had deodorant in his pocket he could apply quickly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »

"Ten minutes Arcadia. You may as well go ahead unless you want to wait that long." Knowing Kim, she would stretch that time out as long as she could, but for Maria. So she'd make it the quickest shower and change she had ever taken. "There are some magazines at the front if you wanna read for a bit." She told him, in case he did decide to wait. A few moments later she was in the women's shower room, doing her best to not only get clean, but cool off as well.
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 11:19:33 PM »

He grinned he knew that 10 minutes could go to 20 minutes according to rumors. He knew there were magazines up front. He said he was going to wait so wait he would. He took a magazine that said TIMES on it and began to read it. The date on it was 5 years back which always made him giggle.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:36:48 PM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »

What Arcadia didn't realise was that Kim was a great tease: she managed to shower and dry her hair, don her clean crisp white day uniform on in just under ten minutes, then waited behind the door for a bit to stretch it out. At the stroke of exactly thirteen minutes she exited quietly and stood before him. "You gonna read that or eat it?" He may need glasses, as his face was so close to the page. She'd have forgiven him if it were Playboy, but Time Magazine? That made her giggle a little under her breath.

<<Back to Medbay>>
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant