Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Atlantis: Main Armoury  (Read 2034 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Atlantis: Main Armoury
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:11:56 PM »

| The main armoury used by the Atlantis personnel. All weapons must be checked in here and signed out when being used |

Primary officer on duty: Colour Sergeant Ralph Cooper

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Atlantis: Main Armoury
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »

Colour Sergeant Ralph Cooper

Ralph spent most of his time milling around the armory. He had just spent the last few hours disassembling, cleaning, repairing and reassembling an M4A1. The Marines consistently got in trouble off world and screwed up there weapons. he would have M9's returned with bullets that had gone off in the chamber because Civilians had dropped the guns and gotten stuff stuck in the barrel. He had reorganised the armoury from the last armory officer.

At the rear of the Armory there is a storage area packed mostly with ammunition, Including and not limited to
5.7x28mm rounds for the P90's
5.56x45mm rounds for the M4A1's, M16's, G36's and M249's
9x19mm rounds for the M9's, MP5's and British Issue SIG P226's
4.6×30mm rounds for the MP-7's
45 ACP rounds for Colonel Sheppards P-14
12 gauge shotgun shell's for the USAS-12's, Mossberg 500
Along with Ammo for Genii and other fire arms that use bullets, along with M67 hand grenade's, ARG's and wraith stun weapons.

The room has been re-arranged from its open plan to a closed one.

There is a line of tables several meters from the door which limits the accessibility to the armory and requires all weapons to be passed through, and logged by the armory officer. Next to center of the bench is a lap top used for logging details on the weapons and sending and receiving emails. Next to this is a whiteboard that has on show for anybody that is not the armory officer who has what weapon and since when. There is also a paper copy on a clip board back on the work bench for what ever Tech or Soldier is on duty in the Armory.

Lined up on the left side of the door are hangers which hold all the Tactical vests that arnt being used by personnel including the Blackhawk Omega Tactical Vest's, the Blackhawk Urban assault vest and the Marine issue tactical vest's. and to the Right of the door are Belts and holsters, so that in the event of a security issue pistols can be issued quickly.

Behind the front row of tables the left wall is lined with gun rack's which hold all of the weapons, separated by type, ready to be issued to base personnel. Next to this at the end of the room in the corner is a large locker that holds the base's AT-4's and Alien weapons. On the right side there is a work bench and cleaning area where the Armory Tech can work on any damaged or dirty weapons.

(OOC: I will remove this OOC bit when Mandi comes back. She said I could do this, but I will change this if she asks.)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »

Zane strolled up to the entrance of the armory entrance and swipes his ID card through the reader, and the door buzzes to allow him entry. "Hi Sergeant," he says to the room's lone occupant. "Just got a call from Major Lorne to report here and get geared up. Obviously," he indicates his cold weather gear, "We're heading somewhere cold, so not sure what that means for weaponry."  He shrugs and glances at the clock. "I imagine the rest of the crew will all be here shortly..."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »

Ralph looked as the officer walked in. Being the Armory's Duty Sergeant he knew a lot of the military staff, if not all of them, even if it was just their signature.
"The Correct term would be Colour, Left-enant. But for cold weather I would advise against the P90. the cold could easily screw up the magazine spring and turn table. I'd advise G36K's for your team. But that decision is up to your team Leader, so for now." He said as he picked up an M9 along with 5 loaded magazines. "Feel free to sign for your side arm and magazines. Unless you would prefer to carry a 226?" He asked as he drew his own pistol that sat in a Serpa hip holster so the Officer could see the difference between the pistol's.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:08:42 PM by Bowsy 112 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »

Zane inclines his head at the sergeant's... colour's... correction. 'Ungh, never know what to call these non-US folks. Dammit.' "Thanks, Colour."  He goes to sign for his standard duty side arm. "Nah, I think I'll stick with what my regular sidearm for now. But the 226 does look intriguing. I'll give it a try on the range and see what I think after our little excursion."

He gathers up the necessary holsters and starts strapping them in the appropriate places. He has to let several loops out due to the extra layers of clothing, but after some minor adjustments everything is sitting as it should and is comfortable. "I hope the major gets here soon so we have an idea of what he wants us to carry."
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

"As you wish sir."
Said Ralph as he holstered his pistol. And looked around and got three other pistols. "And three more Baretta's, Just gotta wait on your team to come and collect them. Like I said though. P90, not a good idea. There's a reason you americans chose the MP-7 over them."

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »

{1st Lt. Nicholas Klose - USAF}
{Staff Sergeant Joe Suzuki - USAF}

Suzuki entered the armory first, closely followed by Klose.
" 'Morning, sir." he welcomed Kemp, with a big grin on his face. "Ready for a trip to Frost-Land?"
" 'Morning...." repeated Nick, slightly embarassed, passing a hand through his messy dark hairs: it was his first offworld mission on Atlantis, and he only received the news about his assignment to AR2 when Lorne called him along with the rest of the team; he still wasn't very familiar with neither Kemp nor Suzuki.

A few minutes later, Lorne entered the room, walking at a fast pace.
"Nice to see all of you ready, people." he said greeting them.
"As you might have figured out, Lieutenant Klose will be joining our team for this."
He then noticed Suzuki wandering close to some heavier weapons with a thrilled look, and he thought he shoold stop him before he could get strange ideas: than man had a troubling love for big guns....
"Sorry to disappoint you, Sarge, but no rocket launcher for you this time: this is a diplomatic mission, we're only carrying the minimum necessary....." he said sarcastically.
Hoping it doesn't turn out to be a trap, as usual....
"Aww...." Joe replied, faking disappointment.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »

Zane grinned back at Suzuki. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." He swung his arms a bit. "I'm starting to feel like the kid in 'A Christmas Story' though. 'I can't put my arms down!'" He lets out a short laugh at the memory of the movie scene. "We should totally have a screening of that for the crew on duty during the holidays...."

At Klose's awkward greeting and the major's short introduction, he gives the lieutenant what he hopes is a reassuring smile and a nod. "I'd say welcome to the frying pan, but I think the deep freeze is a more apt metaphor. Good to have you, Lieutenant."

He groans slightly at Lorne's description of their trip. "Ungh, really? No heavy weapons? Bummer." He sighs. "Although, being diplomatic, we may end up indoors more than out, so there's that. Anything needed beyond standard personal sidearms, Major?"
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »

"Major, Sir, I really suggest that you at least take MP-5's. Better to Apologies than, well be dead."
He shrugged as he handed over the clip boards to the others so they could sign for their pistols.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »

{1st Lt. Nicholas Klose }
{Staff Sergeant Joe Suzuki}

"Well, I've never seen that, Lt., but I'll vote for that, as long as it is good fun...." Joe said shrugging, still with a wide grin. While being tough and totally reliable under fire, he loved jokes, fun and comedy, and he also had a good sense of humor.
After the Major introduced their new team member, he turned to the young lieutenant and added: "Oh, and welcome to Team Expendables n°1, sir, or, as it's officially known, Atlantis Recon 2...."
"Thanks.... for the confidence...." Nick answered to both Kemp and Suzuki "By the way, is it always like this?" he asked to the other Lt, raising an eyebrows.

Lorne wasn't exactly pleased at the sergeant insistence, but he kindly refused his proposition. "Thanks for your suggestion, Colour, but no, we do not want to upset our guests, otherwise we really risk to be dead pretty fast.
Though you can pack up a few extra clips, if that makes you feel better, boys. I'm sure the Eldari won't mind those....."

He took the board Cooper handed him and signed for his sidearm, promptly followed by the other two guys.

"Come on, people, being late is not the best way to start setting up talks...." he called at the rest of the team while heading to the Gateroom

>>to the Gateroom>>

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »

Zane blinks at Suzuki, astounded. "You've never seen 'A Christmas Story'? Are you kidding me? It's a moral imperative and as much a part of Christmas tradition as opening presents. That's it, we can't be friends any more."  He grins and elbows Joe teasingly.

At Klose's question, Zane just laughs. "Always. We'd go crazy if we took it too seriously. Which isn't to say we can't be serious when needed, but... yeah. I think the shrinks call it a 'coping mechanism'." He makes air quotes with his fingers around the phrase. If there was anything Zane knew, it was psychiatrists. He'd dealt with plenty after Gabriel's death. It wasn't until they finally found him one with PTSD experience and who was a twin herself that finally, someone understood what it was like to lose half of one's identity...

He shook himself out of that train of thought roughly as Lorne addressed the Colour. "I'll take you up on those extra clips," he said, tucking the extra preloaded magazines in the spare pockets on his holsters and hurrying after his CO.

<< to the Gateroom >>
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 06:47:48 PM »

It took Lorne all of four point three minutes to reach the armory. For even though he told Jordan and her team they'd have the best part of thirty minutes to arrange themselves, he was talking about a SEAL, two marines and a scientist who seemed to be mimicking Jordan's every move. He shook his head knowing they'd be there more than on time. "Coops!" He yelled, pressing the security button at the same time.

@Bowsy 112

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »

Colour Cooper came out of the small back room he had arranged by moving some lockers around. it was far from a closed off area, but more, a small office space he could work in if he was there with some other member of the Armory Staff. Though over time he had started to do most of his work their. Going so far as to move his personal tools there, along with his pet projects.

"Aye Major. What can I do for you?" Asked the Royal Marine as he marched to the front desk of the armory. he wore the Atlantis standard grey uniform trousers but had swapped the uniform civvy hiking boots with a pair of new British Army one's and wore his Royal Marines Hoodie, and today had gone for the impractical but cool looking shoulder holster for his duty side arm.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »

"Woolsey came up with a fancy plan to get us into the Gate room of this planet Sheppard and the others have gone to, well actually it was Teyla's plan in fact, he just went along with it so I simply added my voice. Do we still have canisters of that CF3 chloroform gas? If so, we'll need about six of them, plus NBC breather units for myself, Teyla and Commander O'Neil's team, which again equals six." That should do it, standard weapons suite would be all that was needed on top of that.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »

The aging Royal Marine raised a brow. he didnt even know AR-1 had gone off world. He knew the British SG team plus SG-4 were set to go on a mission, the British Team leader had been to him about procuring some life sign detectors. But he had no idea they had already left.
"About?" he asked in response to the request for six canisters of chloroform gas. "These arnt Banana's Major. I'm assuming somebodys done the maths to figure out how many will be needed to fill the room in question?" he asked as he turned and headed over to, what he would call the 'restricted section' if it didnt sound like something out of Harry Potter. Putting in his code and the caged locker popped open to reveal the gas the USAF Officer was after.

"Just sign for them on the log." he said as he picked up a plastic crate, he had procured some of them, the sort you found typically holding vegetables in a Supermarket, and also managed to litter the backs of 9 out of 10 MOD Mess Halls, easier than fumbling with 6 canisters of gas. On his way back to the front desk he kicked the locker shut and grabbed the NBC Breathers that were also in their own special place, each packed in its own air tight packaging to make sure they wernt contaminated before use. He put the crate on the front desk. "Anything else Major? I am assuming your team will want to draw out conventional fire arms?"
Pages: [1] 2 3