Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Atlantis OOC  (Read 13346 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis OOC
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2018, 09:58:56 PM »

@Cipherhornet18 message sent to @NG re: jumping ahead :D
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2018, 12:03:03 AM »

What message :huh

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2018, 12:10:43 AM »

on FB...I think...

yep I did :D

basically I asked if you were okay with us moving the Dread back to Atlantis now? For the most obvious reasons....like its taking waaaaay too long  :lol
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2018, 12:22:18 AM »

Found it - it's not the first time FB misses to notify me on messenger  :huh

Anyway - please do. I have nothing more to add there :)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2018, 12:24:48 AM »

:RR :sam37 :sam59

I rarely do get notified on that  :fp :lol
Far Dareis Mai

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #350 on: June 15, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »

Need Radek anywhere?

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »

Rodney's going to need some help with developing a countermeasure to the Vanir's personal shields and armored suits. Sheppard told him, Tama, Hanley, and Fred Rivers to come up with at least something to start with while they were en-route to Atlantis. So far, they've got the shield disruptor down to modifying the Kull Disruptor.

As for the armor, well, nothing yet has come up, short of carrying larger and larger weapons into the field, but that's a brute force solution...

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »

I will get together with Greeny and see what we can come up with.

Atlantis altered their shields to stop them getting past them again, wonder if their personal shields operate the same way, and we know radiation can get thro the suits  , cause it got to Dr Mckay and Daniel when they switched on the Attero device and had to go in and switch it off, altho that might not be a good thing to try lol, and one of the Vanir died because his personal shield could not withstand the onslaught of the bullets and they got thro his suit, didnt they?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:13:46 PM by Teddy »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »

It took a lot of sustained gunfire to drop that Vanir, and he was willingly standing there to take one for the team. That was also with a fair bit of the main calibers, 5.7x28mm (P90)and 5.56x45mm (M4, G36), as well. The last resort brute force method would be to start carrying bigger, 7.62x51mm NATO, but those weapons tend to be fairly large and have a significant kick (M14, FAL, G3, SCAR-H, so on and so on). And that would be counterproductive at best for combat personnel, and non-combat personnel who still go into the field and carry, well, they'd have a really miserable time. (I personally can't see trying to convince Rodney to carry anything bigger than a P90, and if he did, he'd whine a fair bit about the increased weight of the weapon and ammo).

Well, if energy still gets through...maybe its time to turn up the lethality on Intar ammunition. It'd kill two or more birds with one stone.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »

Rodney's going to need some help with developing a countermeasure to the Vanir's personal shields and armored suits. Sheppard told him, Tama, Hanley, and Fred Rivers to come up with at least something to start with while they were en-route to Atlantis. So far, they've got the shield disruptor down to modifying the Kull Disruptor.

As for the armor, well, nothing yet has come up, short of carrying larger and larger weapons into the field, but that's a brute force solution...

All I can really say to that is, we dont know how the Kull Disruptors work, as the Kull Worriors Armour, with out the shields is meant to be able to stop typical bullets. Yet some how the Kull Disruprot either bypasses shields and armour or makes a bullet more effective.

Though possibly tritium bullets with very hot loads from something in 7.62?

(Not that I would ever advise it but there are some short barrelled AR-10 builds out there that would at least keep the weight down to something more manageable for the rear echelon teams and none combatants.)

Also yeah he died thanks to mass fire power, I think its something like 10 people firing at him at once with everything from a P90 to a USAS 12, and they didnt really defeat him, more he was left to die by his friends.

(Also Chiper just said most of this but I dont see a point in rewriting it just to exclude the principles already covered.)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »

I like Jack's answer to everything.....C4!  :mwahaha :lol
Far Dareis Mai

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #356 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »

Do not let Mel near the weapons locker lol
And we still have the two suits to test our new weapon on

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2018, 12:06:51 AM »

this one? erm, already stole the keys :P  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »

Regular lil tealeaf you are lol 

And the Vanir plasma weapons can get thro their suits, did we manage to get any?

Oops edit:  As of now, with GHs permission I will be taking over McKay for a short while, Mel has also given me the go ahead, hope this is ok with every one
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:34:37 AM by Teddy »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »

Oh weapons, you have no idea. Plus I might've left Mako sitting with more than a few unique toys...

Maybe one of their guns off the sacrificial guy...

But I mention Intars because if they're a hybrid bullet/energy round, it should be possible to adjust the energy in question from a heavy stun to something better suited for dealing with them without changing up our weapons, just the ammo we take into the field. Use the technology gained from the various energy weapons we've encountered plus the Kull Disruptor and...poof. Problem solved.

And I figured you had done something like that. Good to see you taking up McKay.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

lethal-pageant