Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 10065 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »

Josile was not into diplomacy, it wasn't their way unless necessary to soothe border disputes and other trivialities that required a little tact. Yet she knew the power of intimidation and how well it worked when you presented an enemy with an overwhelming threat, she had done it herself so many times with the Borg in recent years it had kept the peace until last summer. "I'll leave the air element to your fine judgements, I as you know have no knowledge of that aspect. But I do know how to make others think twice about their decisions. Let me be a part of the teams that go for their leaders, I have an idea though most likely it will evolve as we proceed."

"Well then, I guess we're committed. Colonel Bixby shall I appraise the SGC of our plans before we commit?" That was procedure, naturally.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2017, 12:44:08 AM »

"If the troops have arrived, we should probably go and meet them." Aurore suggested.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2017, 08:19:54 AM »

Michelle listened and nodded slightly.  it could just work.  She prayed it worked.  They needed to get a firm hold on this before more lives were lost.  She nodded.  "Yes, please inform them.  It seems like the best course of action right now," she agreed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »

Now she had something worthwhile to do. Miki stood immediately, excusing herself. "I'll return later to the briefing room Colonel, Major and Josile of course. In the meantime I'll head down to the gate room and inform them." They didn't need permission of course, merely letting command know what their decisions came to.

>>Miki to Gate room>>

That was the signal to move, Josile didn't need any prompts with the eartherns, she was more than used to them and she was in fact getting quite adjusted to 'short' conversations unlike her own council. A topic such as this would take days to sort out between them. "I'm committed to the cause, lead on Colonel. I may ask, perhaps it might be prudent when we do go there, that I should dress in your attire?" She had used Tauri weapons, that wasn't an issue.

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »

*Radio*

"Colonel Bixby, the away teams have arrived in the briefing room."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2018, 08:55:15 PM »

Michelle scrubbed at her eyes.  So much had been going on and she hated not being able to be out there herself.  She twisted her engagement ring around her fingers as she studied a couple computer screens.  She knew the team's were on their way back, yet she nearly jumped at Miki's voice.

"Thank you Petty Officer Sakai.   I will be right there. "

Michelle clicked out of her program and got up.  She made her way toward the Briefing Room.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »

It is now September 26th 2011, 0730 SGC time
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

*1200 hours local time*

A new day, a new beginning. That was how Miki's parents taught her from a very young age that with each dawn came a revelation that things will be seen with a different light. Such as it was here on the Wold and the Alpha site. The early Spring thaw had began, that brought with it a massive operation by Cavaleiros and Alpha site combat groups for a huge push south to clear out any remaining resistance from the Forerunners, sending them packing two hundred miles south of Worthag's holdings, where it was agreed they could remain due to archeological evidence that did point to that race having a hereditary link to that area. The Empress had been bargained for eventually, with her being released and sent to the Forerunner base located at Dunrel.

In Merrenden, Lanam had been transferred to the Alpha site hospital where he remains in a stable condition in recovery after Andy and Emily worked on him for 12 hours straight repairing the damage done to his lower abdomen, it was a massive job but it was predicted he would make a full recovery. At the Merrenden base, the de-camping operation had begun, Ben MacGregor had received word of his promotion to Lieutenant Colonel, coincidentally  a day after his sister's promotion had been announced. He was to return to the SGC to take up the position of Australian Liaison officer there.

"Colonel, Major." Miki announced. "Lieutenant Colonel MacGregor is waiting to see you both before he returns to the SGC. The Empress has been returned to her people as of last night and we have been doing preparations to break down the Merrenden camp. Captain Coffin is also waiting, he um, said his team were started to get a little bored. Is there something we can do to occupy them do you think until the next calamity that might come our way?"

@sorra @Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:32:59 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2018, 12:28:59 AM »

<Outer Office>

It was quite possibly the cleanest Ben had been in six weeks, now wearing his newly pressed Khaki serge uniform complete with the polished shoulder belt and of course his very brand new Lieutenant Colonel's pips on his shoulder boards. Other than that, Ben had grown something of a beard, as many had done during the war with hot water being a scarce commodity out on the battle field; his regimental beret held in his hand. Nearby SG7 stood ready to hear whatever duty they might be sent on, Ben had worked with them and it had been a great experience all round. "Well mates, looks like this is where I get off the train. Its been good to know you all and to have spent time with you in the field. Do you know what you blokes are up for next?" He asked extending his hand to them.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

Aurore had just popped into the office following a meeting with the new Alpha Site Defense Brigade. Given how much she had raised regarding the issue, the IOA had her on point for the reorganization. As it turned out, NATO was more than happy to have her input, as the German government was furious over how their Rapid Response Forces had been gutted and then not utilized properly. The fact was that the Australians had done more than the entire NATO contingent, and the blame was on the poor leadership given command of the unit.

The result was that the entire command staff was sacked, with the majority being asked by their respective governments to turn in their resignations. The North Atlantic Council made it clear to the IOA that NATO would get the final say on what was sent, not the other way around. The agreement came down to a unit just around 3,000 personnel and units were far better suited for deployment to PG8-K59's terrain. Germany contributed 2 regiments of Mountain Infantry, one regular and one recon, plus a Mountain Artillery Battery. France sent a regiment of Mountain Infantry, plus a Mountain Artillery Regiment and a squadron of Parachute Armored Cavalry. Norway contributed a company of Mechanized Infantry, Sweden provided a company of their Rangers, while Australia changed their contribution to a Mechanized Infantry Regiment with armored support. Already the changes were underway, units were coming and going just as quickly as they could.

The base's air wing and air defense wing was also reorganized, as the helicopters and conventional aircraft were being shipped back to Earth in favor of the space capable models that the Program was known for. More F-302s and AC-401s were arriving, and Aurore herself couldn't wait to get some flight hours logged with the new F/A-305s and F-306s. American engineers were hard at work replacing the ad-hoc Bushmaster autocannon anti-air guns with Centurion C-RAMs, land based variants of the Phalanx 20mm CWIS that had been proven in use both at sea and defending American FOBs in Iraq and Afghanistan. The missile batteries were finally coming in as well, with a mix of Patriots, Stingers and RBS-70s.

So suffice to say, the French Air Force Major had been quite busy the last couple of days, but it appeared that she enjoyed a faster pace. She had popped into Michelle's office to provide a status report on the newly arriving fighter squadrons when Miki said they had visitors. Aurore was sitting in one of the chairs, clad in her flight suit and holding a can of Coke.

"Well. There certainly is a fair bit going on around here. But maybe we should contact the SGC for SG-7, since they are an SG Team and they have a use that isn't playing garrison or fighting wars. They need to get some time off-world together." Aurore commented. "Surely there is something that needs exploring or found."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »

Brian was getting sick of just sitting around. The last op they pulled was capturing the Forerunner princess, and that had been a real pain in his backside after he had been roped into playing "good cop" for the interrogation. Now with all of the restructuring, he was starting to wonder if the higher ups had forgotten about his team. So the base NCOIC had offered he drop by and ask them himself, and of course, his entire team was right there with him.

All of them had decided to make Multicam fatigues their primary uniform going forward, SG-7 unit patch on the left shoulder, Alpha Site and nationality patches on the right (and of course Astrid had her Eagle March pin stuck into the lapel). No one knew what to make of SG-7, they were such a mix of people and skillsets that they defied categorization past "Exploration and Recon", especially since they were all technically also Special Forces rated, even the two civilians (but Stan's bad back kept him from some of the skills he used to have).

Brian, Denis, and Nikolai exchanged handshakes with Ben, since Astrid and Stan had joined the team after that battle.

"Good luck where ever it is you're going, sir. As for us, no idea. That's why we're here, actually. We're an SG Team, we can't be sitting around waiting for another war to fight. Gotta be something for us to do out there." Brian replied.

"And a bunch of young kids moved into my work area here. Anything that gets me out of the office and into the field, either as a soldier or an archaeologist." Stan added.

"Oh, yeah, my team got rounded off with two new ones after we parted ways. Doctor Stanislaw Grecko and Miss Astrid Lofquist. Doctor Grecko used to be Polish GROM before he went into academia and Astrid's former Swedish Army Ranger turned electronics genius." Brian said.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »

Michelle rubbed the bridge of her nose.  She felt like she had been going nonstop.  She had just sat down to enjoy a flavored water when Miki told them about Ben.  She took a sip of water.

"Hmm I'm sure we can find something for them to do.  Let me take a look."  She blew out a breath.  "Send him in Miki," she said.  There was so much to get done.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:14:22 PM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2018, 12:25:44 AM »

As she was about to duck out to the reception office, Miki let Aurore into a little gossip she had heard about. "Major, its only a rumor but I shall investigate for you if you like. Apparently one of the SGC's Archeological teams had found some very interesting ruins that as the rumor goes, left some clues or hints if you will as to the location of something they are calling the Lost City. Perhaps I could follow that up. I'll send Colonel MacGregor in for you Colonel San." She said to Michelle as she left.

<Outer office>

"The Colonel and Major will see you now Colonel MacGregor." She told him as she passed through. "Oh and SG7, I am heading to the gate room now, there may be something in the wind for you after all." She gave Brian and the team a rather helpful reassuring smile.

>>Miki to Gate Room>>

"I'll probably need it mate. Word is I'm being thrown into the sorry hole of diplomacy they call the Liaison office. Not exactly my forte, but as it gets me closer to the Missus and kids I'll be grateful for the break." He finished off the handshaking giving the two newcomers a friendly word. "You've landed with a good team, you'll do okay with them. Well, good luck then in whatever comes your way, I'll see you I suppose on my way out."

"Thank you Chief." he said as he ducked into the CO's office then, squaring himself in front of the desk. "My final farewell Colonel, Major. I only wish I had been given the opportunity to know both of you better. For my final report, Major Brendan Castledean is taking over my role as our SAS team leader and as I understand he is to report to Lieutenant Colonel Taylor of the 7th Cavalry."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »

"Please go investigate those rumors, Chief. I don't see the need for them to be on garrison duty." Aurore said, leaving her to take care of things.

"Well, here's hoping. Good luck, maybe we'll see you around if we go back home." Brian said before the Chief passed them.

"Mmm. Perhaps we should follow her, see if we are indeed needed." Denis commented.

"Couldn't hurt." Stan added.

"Guess we'll come with you, Chief. See you around, sir." Brian said and headed to the Gate Room.

Aurore listened to what Ben had to say before nodding.

"There's some reorganizing happening. 7th Cavalry is being returned home, as are most of the units present. NATO sent us General Menochet, he's had experience with UN and NATO operations in Afghanistan and Kosovo, and sacked General Guderian and her entire staff. Australia sent us another unit to compensate, you might've seen the Abrams tanks..." Aurore said. From what she was told, the German Ministry of Defense was all too eager to demand her resignation. Crippling Germany's rapid response forces had left a bitter taste in their mouths and mismanaging them only made it worse. Someone had clearly tried to ride their name to the top...well, the fall was all the more painful and humiliating now.

"We'll likely be sending back most of the SASR, as well. The IOA's brilliant idea to gut various armies of their most valuable units for this location infuriated quite a few people. A hazard when you let gloryhounds and politicians plan everything. But if you're under the SGC, you should like your new boss. American Navy Admiral who is a SEAL." Aurore added.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »

Michelle inclined her head.  She could see why his team had worked so well under him.  He had a presence about him and for some reason she felt like he could be trusted with anything.  "It is sad to see you leave, Colonel, but I hope that you do well in your new assignment."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

lethal-pageant