Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10  (Read 4124 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »

Teya's loud announcement rang through the entire base and when she made that call, everyone knew it came from Lucille and they knew also there was no way she'd accept excuses even on their rest day if they were still there.

Some five minutes after her call, people started arriving from every corner of the Alpha site; rumor had already been spread the Dreadnought had arrived and some at least of that gallant crew would be touching base with them. No one could resist the attraction to rub shoulders with old friends and perhaps make new ones; life out here on the edge of the galaxy could be monotonous at times. Soon, the grand lecture hall was near three quarters full.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »

Turk gave Ryse a nod and slipped into the room, gratefully finding a seat toward the back of the room. Hopefully the general was really only looking for bodies to fill the place, and even if she expected participation Turk doubted she'd be much assistance. The adrenaline from the day's activities was breaking down and she could feel a lurking weariness at the edge of her consciousness. Between seeing Ryse again, the rush to the Alpha Site, the space fight and the flight simulator, her "fuel" reserve was getting low and she was starting to hope that whatever briefing that was going to occur would be short. She wanted nothing more out of this day than to get a good solid meal in her belly and crawl into bed.

She took a seat and sighed. "Hopefully this will be over soon," she sighed. "I'm starving."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 03:49:46 AM »

She grumbled and decided to take the stairs instead of being jammed into another tight space. She wasn't much in the mood to be crowded into another tiny room. Plus she needed to stretch her legs. 1 levels up and getting lost a little on her way to the conference room she asked for directions and eventually found the big class room like room. It reminded her of Juvenile halls classroom from back when she was a kid.

A forlorn expression came on her face as she took her seat in the middle.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:51:52 AM by sleepydemon »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »

Mjr Fred Rivers
SSgt Gary Carter

"What the frack is this?" Mumbled Fred as he looked around the room. He had been expecting a long table and chairs. Not a university class room. He sighed as he and Gary took a seat at the top row away from the others, their rifles between their legs so they didnt get lost or make to much noise.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »

Teya returned just as everyone started to file in.  At least it seemed like so far everyone had obeyed the announcement.  Then a face that she hadn't seen in some time caught her eye and a bright smile lit up her face.    She needed a pick me up after the disaster in the simulator room.  "Adriana?  Is that you?" she asked, walking up to her old friend.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »

In one's and two's they began filing into the huge conference room. Eyes went wide on some, others just stared in amazement. Bobbie kind of cringed, she had spent way too long in places such as this and it brought home some painful memories back her academy days. She went in search of a place where she wouldn't be all that noticed, up in the back stalls, just as she did as a kid going to the movies with her friends.

***************

Jordan came in alone, not entirely though as people started crowding the entry doors, she ended up almost running down the centre aisle to the dais where the general stood with Teya. She did notice her flight team from earlier in the day, giving them a quick silent 'Hello'.

"Someone you know Teya?" She asked quietly before addressing Lucille. "Ma'am, not as many as we expected, but enough I would say."

*********************

"With those two Mike, I would say more like beans, broad beans." Mention of Cate and Lena made her change tact "You have to give credit where its due; Lena and Cate did give us more laughs than a barrel of monkeys. Maybe a half dose so they can be partially awake and we can tell them why it was done." Elle told him just as they left the chapel, her toothy smile perfect for a Colgate ad.

Then her eyes went wide as she saw who was standing down the front calling Adriana's name. "Well, well lookee here who we have." Her voice just loud enough for Renner to hear her. "Teya Renner I presume?" How did she do it? Teya had barely changed in 10 plus years and despite Elle knowing she was with the Stargate Programme, they hadn't seen each other since 08 when Teya had been recruited.
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »

<<From Chapel Level 9>>

Entering with everyone else, McKay looked about with slight distaste, reminded of all the times he'd spent in similar rooms in university, which wasn't the most pleasant batch of memories. But there were some good memories in there too, so his reaction was only momentary before proceeding further in while wondering who had decided that this was a good set up for a conference room. It seemed less likely to be used for conferences and more for 'telling people what to do', which wasn't exactly how a conference worked, at least in his own experience.

Proceeding in, he sat down in one of the front rows, off to the side, watched everyone to interact, otherwise need him, and waited for the meeting to begin.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »

John stood outside the conference room and watched the people gather in he knew he probably should not be spying but he was sure they were bound to discuss stories of alien planets and maybe even stories of aliens themselves he was always too curious for his own good after all.

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 05:01:27 PM »

"No I am the Loc Ness monster, Teya a in human form to whisk you away to Narnia land of the white witch."

She looked all serious for a bit. Then she grinned and gave Teya a big bear hug.

"How are you I haven't seen you since our ship days. I dunno where Aria disappeared to."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:04:57 PM by sleepydemon »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

Teya looked over at Jordan. "Someone I haven't seen in years. "  She had nearly forgotten about Adriana 's sense of humor.  A smile lit up her face at the hug though.  "Aria ' s here too?"

Teya looked over Adriana's shoulder. "Elle?" she asked in shock. "Looks like the girls are all back together."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:45:20 PM by sorra »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »

After Turk entered the room along with Ryse, Jon came in from behind as he walked through the doorway into the conference room. He looked around and his mouth gaped a bit. Realizing he looked a bit rediculous, he closed his mouth and walked a bit. He noticed Turk taking her seat on the way back, but shrugged and took his seat closer to the aisle but not too far from the center of the room. He had to be close to the speaker because of projection. He took his seat and looked at the doorway soon as everyone started pouring into the room as if it was a committee of some sort.

Aria was the last to enter the room and looked around for a bit. She was silent, maybe brooding a little bit. Still, she chilled or cooled down a bit especially when she saw three of her friends standing around in a circle. Teya was there too. When she looked at her direction, Aria ducked a bit and walked straight for the chair. She found a spot next to the lieutenant pilot and sat next to him. Jon looked at her and she looked back a bit. He spoke offering his hand, "Jon Agathon."

Aria nodded once accepting his handshake after she replied with one word, "Israel."

She refocused her attention back to the front and laid back against the chair as she placed her foot against the back of the chair in the front of her. Jon looked at her for a bit seeing that she was deep in her thoughts so he shrugged and left her alone for a bit.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:57:26 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »

"Hey, Cate, look, this is just like a university lecture room... Have you prepped all the stuff for cheating the exam yet?"

A quiet brief burst of joyful laugh followed that amused phrase as Colonel walked in the room. She wondered where to sit down and opted for a middle row. Not too far, not too high, center of attention for both lector and listeners. And a good angle of view as well. Elena also wondered if she'll be able to kip through this meeting and if she does so, she'll have to withold the snoring, or someone might think there're renovations going on.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 02:24:14 PM »

NPC - Jim Lucas, PA

"With those two Mike, I would say more like beans, broad beans." Mention of Cate and Lena made her change tact "You have to give credit where its due; Lena and Cate did give us more laughs than a barrel of monkeys. Maybe a half dose so they can be partially awake and we can tell them why it was done." Elle told him just as they left the chapel, her toothy smile perfect for a Colgate ad.

“Yeah, maybe they’ll learn their lesson better that way,” Mike grinned. They both knew he would never take advantage of his position as doctor… well, at least not in that way.

He felt a nudge in his sleeve and turned, only to realize he had to look up and up, until he met the grinning face of Jim Lucas.
“Hey Big Guy!” Mike smiled back broadly, “Good to see you!”
“Likewise” replied the PA, “Never thought I’d see you here again though. Not after your hasty exit.”
Mike looked around the room, recognizing a few faces here and there, nodding and raising a hand in a small wave to each and every one of them, “No, neither did I, but here I am. And wanting out of here as soon as I can.”
“I don’t blame you,” Jim made a motion towards the middle row where he’d been sitting, inviting Mike to take a place next to him, “Want to have a seat?”
Mike looked down the stairs towards where Elle was chatting away with some of here friends, “Sure, why not.”
Jim gave him a scrutinizing look as he passed him further in the row and sat down, “What happened to you?”
Mike couldn’t help but to slip a small sigh, “Nothing, I’m fine,” which earned him a raised brow from the other man as he took the seat on Mike’s left side.
“Looks like ‘nothing’ hurts more than I remember. Who checked you up?”
“Bjork. One of the medics on board.” Mike leaned back in the chair, making himself as comfortable as he could and tried to relax.
Jim let out a snort-like sound, “A medic? No one else? Who the heck’s in charge up there? Charlie Brown?”
Closing his eyes as he rested his head back in the chair, Mike raised his right hand and waved it a few times, “No, yours truly,” so he totally missed the surprised face on Jim and only heard a quiet, “Oh crap.”
“Yep. My thoughts too.”
“You. Me. Med bay when this is over.”
Mike opened an eye, looked around and then grinned, “Don’t let David hear you or he might be jealous.”
“Oh shut up will you.” Jim grinned back, although there was a suspicious red hint on his otherwise tanned cheeks, “You just can’t be serious, can you?”
“Nope! Never,” and by that Mike pulled in another breath, closed his eyes and sunk deeper down in his chair as he waited for this party kick off.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »

John walks into the conference room and and looks around, a bit confused. Nothing like any conference room he'd ever been in. Looking around he sees a few familiar faces, and not from the 'mission' he's just been on. Near the front is Ryse Collins - someone he'd worked with back at McMurdo before heading to Atlantis. And waaaay up in the corner was a face he had been looking forward to seeing for some time now and it brings a grin to his face.

The fond smile quickly turns into a grin of mischief as he makes a decision and begins to make his way towards her, ignoring the commotion going on around him. As he approaches, his face goes totally neutral and he takes a seat right beside her - not leaving an empty seat beside her, or a row below her - right beside her, and stretches out his legs in front of him, completely ignoring her and waiting for the speeches to start.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:26:06 PM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

Turk leaned her head back and closed her eyes briefly, listening as the rest of the summoned staff began to arrive.  There were jokes and soft laughter, the sounds of long-separated friends reuniting quietly under an umbrella of common experiences. She felt as though she were floating, buoyed by the undercurrent of voices, hovering on the razor's edge of sleep, but years of long practice allowed her to remain aware of where she was, listening for that one voice- Chalmers- that would signal the end of her brief respite....

Someone sat down next to her, the squeaking and movement of the chair disrupting her trance, and she slowly picked her head up, blinking fuzzily. Darn, could've used a couple more minutes... She covered her mouth as she yawned, jaw popping, and allowed her eyes a moment longer to blink the sleepy blurriness out before deciding she needed to greet her neighbor.

Drawing a deep breath through her nose as a precursor to speech, she put a smile on her face and turned- then froze, her mouth dropping open, breath whooshing out in a startled, soundless "O". John Sheppard sat there, gaze forward, no indication at all that he'd seen her or even acknowledged her existence, although it was beyond obvious that he had deliberately chosen his seat to mess with her.

Turk shut her mouth and glared at him, eyes narrowing and lips pressed in a thin line. You rat bastard, she thought furiously, refusing to speak out loud and 'lose' his little game. You did this ON PURPOSE. You just KNEW it would eff with my head, and I can't make up my mind whether I want to hug you or punch you... Okay then. I can play your little game as long as you can, Shep, and you damn well know it, she thought smugly. Let's do this...

Folding her arms across her chest she only let a small "huh" escape through her nose before turning back to the front of the room, waiting for everyone to arrive and for Chalmers to say whatever it was that needed saying.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6