Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10  (Read 4178 times)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Conference Rooms Level 10
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse had been just milling about, not entirely sure where to go, waiting on something interesting to happen. Just as she decided that she should go and join Turk, something does. Now, Ryse knew that Sheppard had been on base on Earth. But she hadn't known that he'd made it here. As she follows his approach to Turk, a very familiar feeling ripples through her of the pranks they'd play on each other back at McMurdo. It wasn't until after Turk and Sheppard had gone that she realised that those two were the only real family she ever had, or cared to have.

Slowly making herself stop from grinning ear to ear, Ryse makes her way towards the pair. By the time she manages to get up beside Sheppard, the mischievous grin is gone and replaced by a welcoming smile.

"Colonel Sheppard! I thought you were back at the SGC preparing for some leave time?" Catching onto his little game without a second's hesitation, she, too, ignores the woman sitting on the other side of her former CO.

Catching the huff from Turk, John settles in, completely satisfied. After all these years in Pegasus, Sheppard's gotten even better at this game. Out of the corner of his eye, he catches Collins heading their way and has to bite his cheek so he doesn't grin. He pretends not to notice her until she's on top of them and jumps when she calls his name.

"Collins!" He greets her, sitting up a bit straighter. He gestures to the occupied seat beside him and she takes a seat. "That was the plan, but like always, aliens had other plans for me." For a brief moment, he flashes back to that horrible battle aboard Zulu. It was definitely something he wouldn't forget for a while. A pang of guilt washes through him and for a split second he wants to forget all this and just get drunk with his new-found friends. Especially Turk.

Ryse winces when Sheppard brings up the Zulu incident. She'd heard about it, of course. She sends a prayer of thanks to whoever was listening that she's never had to deal with anything like that.

"Isn't that always the way it goes, Sir? The one time you decide to actually take some time off is when all hell breaks loose."

Sheppard just snorts in response, afraid to say anything else for fear of either not being able t ostop talking or breaking down completely. Instead he decides to focus on something a bit happier.

"Where'd you steal those from?" He asks, indicating the pins on her lapels.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »

Turk's eyes flicker to Ryse as she approaches, noting the other woman as she carefully schools her face intoa  neutral expression. It's hard to not burst out laughing- the thought of the three of them, together again, was pumping an ridiculous amount of ecstatic enthusiasm through her entire being and she was hard pressed to not vibrate in her chair from simple, childlike glee. Any residual exhaustion had fled and had the second wind to beat all seconds winds for the moment... but she had to draw this out for as long as possible.

She let her gaze fall away from the newly minted major as she got closer and turns her eyes back toward the front of the room, but tuned her ears toward the pair beside her.

At Shep's attempted light-hearted 'aliens' reply to Ryse's question, something in him goes very very still for just a moment and Turk feels her stomach flip with the sickening certainty that something very, very bad had happened- and not that long ago. Her impression is further reinforced with Ryse's reaction; the wince was small, but enough to catch out of the corner of her eye.

Oh yes. There will be much whisky consumed. Soon. We all need it- some more than others... Gods, can we get this going soon? I don't know how long I can keep up this stupid charade...
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »

Alex, with Michelle close by found their way to the conference room, something he was all too cagey about. It did come as something as a surprise to him though when he saw that it was more set up as a lecture hall than anything else, but then being here out on the edge of the galaxy with limited resources, he assured himself this was due to having to multi-task spaces as well as people. "Bigger than I expected." He mumbled quietly to Michelle as they took their places not far from Robyn.

He gave her that 'look' and a nod at Mrs Smith which effectively said to her. "Keep kitty under wraps for a bit." Then settled in to watch and listen to General Chalmers address.

-0-0-

There was three faces missing from the line up, one of whom Lucille knew only too well his fate and in knowing that she felt a little sadness as Cooper Maxwell had been the balancing force for the 'Brat Pack'. She wasn't surprised by the missing faces of both Robert Hughes and Bronwyn Heckman, the last not officially a member of that little group, but one who had given Lucille almost as many headaches on her own as the 'Pack'; for different reasons. Her assumption being those last two would have ended up on the same SG team.

The rest she knew had been deployed aboard the Dreadnought to counter the galaxy's latest threat, one which still had not been fully dealt with and she knew it would have to be sooner rather than later. She took a mental note of each and every face present, taking in more especially the condition of Mike Jaworski as her eyes fell back on him one more time. "The man must have either been at the coal face of the ships engagement, that or McFearson had been getting a little rough with him. If of course that relationship was still viable?" Her thoughts reflected history, but of course things do change over time.

Giving everyone a suitable amount of time to settle down, Lucille took a few moments to gather her own thoughts before she began. Taking one more look over the assembled group, including those belonging to the base, Lucille stepped up to the lectern, cleared her throat before finally addressing them all. "If you would all be seated we'll begin our welcome for you all." She gave them another moment or two, then continued on without further hesitation.

"First of all I'd like to welcome you all to the Alpha Site, we don't see a lot of visitors here and when we do, its always a special moment for us. I know that for most of you, two days leave on our little corner of the galaxy has been granted to you, so I'll make this as brief as possible." Keeping her voice firm and steady, she had to make sure that little wavering in her words that often took over in these types of events, Lucille mentally counted as if she was listening to a Metronome, just as her mother taught her to do so long ago. Many weren't aware of it, Lucille had a speech impediment all her life, a simple stuttering that she fought often hard to keep in check. Something she had managed to keep a hold of throughout her Marine career, something that would have had her busted long ago if it had escaped.

For a good five minutes she briefed them all on where they were, all the do's and don'ts she was certain Jordan had informed them of. Lucille told them a little more in depth about the local population, their customs and hierarchy and so on with particular emphasis on who held the reins in this society. "Above all, women rule on this world. They receive the highest respect and courtesy at all times no matter their station. Insult a woman here and you'll quickly find yourself in a world of trouble." That was about it for her, although she was sure there would be a barrage of questions she'd be only too happy to answer. "Once we're done here, you are all free to do as you wish, making sure you keep yourselves out of trouble. Commodore Whitmore, Captain McFearson, Lieutenant Colonels Sheppard and Ovcharenko and Doctor McKay I'd like to see the five of you for a quick debrief before you take off. Bring along anyone you wish." The dismissal would naturally soon follow, Lucille added what she felt might open up a wellspring. "I'm sure there are a few of you who have questions?"

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:19:57 PM by MelsMum »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »

Cate sat down next to Lena as if it were just another day. One thing for sure, this place wasn't here the last time she set foot on the Alpha Site. "It might come as a shock to you Lena, but my life at the academy was one of the highlights of my career. The lecture room not withstanding..so okay I'm the eternal geek." She said with a breath as her memories came rushing back even more so. "I think I actually enjoyed it. Or perhaps that might be a little of the masochist in me or both, take your pick." Her mouth shut up very quickly though, when she saw Chalmers step up to the dais.

********************

With as small a profile as possible, and that was quite easy for Robyn to do. She pushed her legs up against the back of the seat in front of her, as she had done many times before, taking it all in. She did make some notes on a small pad she carried with her, just things to remember for later on.

***************

Typically the General in her hurried way missed what Jordan had said. It wasn't unusual either, but she knew the woman had heard by the look on her face as she began her speech. For Jordan, all she had to do was wait for the end.

*********************

"One would have thought they'd be all grown up by now Mike." Elle managed to get in before someone, obviously someone medical of Mike's acquaintance took him away. But she too had been taken up with a reunion of her own. "You know Teya, we could well make this an exclusive girls club. You remember Cate Hughes, MacGregor to you lot." She took in the faces of her own crew, Aria and Adriana. "Anne MacGregors girl. That's her, the tall thing next to the Red headed Russian." Tall? Elle wasn't that far short of being tall either for a woman at 5'10" just an inch shorter than Cate and two inches shorter than Lena's six foot. For Elle's part, she was still squirming from the thought of the hijinks she and those two had gotten up to a few years ago here. If only Adriana had been here then, she would have been in prank heaven and have been busted for it as well.

The General's address was as expected, short, brief and to the point. Elle though for her part was taken somewhat blindsided when Chalmers called her name. For the moment she kept quiet, she'd let Sheppard lead on this one.

Far Dareis Mai

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 12:32:48 AM »

"I know, Cate, it was the same for me back in my homeland... I just used to prepare the stuff for cheating cause it helped me to memorize the lessons of the semester. And it just felt warm and cosy to have it somewhere on me, giving me extra reassurance... And, you know, I also enjoyed studies, not all of them, but most were good. It's always depending on teacher. A good one will turn the most boring lecture into a performance worth of Broadway..."

Elena shut up as well when she saw the commander of the base wishing to address the "exalted assembly" at last. There was nothing she'd not know already, but when Chalmers finished, Ovcharenko grumbled to Cate.

"Another debriefing... Well, I guess the higher I climb the ranks, the more of those I'll be getting... You're coming with me, Catherine, I'm not going to look for you for several hours again just like the last time..."

Lena stiffled a smirk and a giggle.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »

Michelle kept Mrs. Smith close to her chest as she nodded at Alex.  She would keep the cat quiet but she wasn't turning loose of her.  Somehow this little cat had survived hell and come back with them.  She wouldn't let the cat down now.

Teya chuckled a bit.  "Oh I think that would be a great idea," she laughed.  "Do you have time to talk after this?"  She would love to get to talk with her old friends.  It had been too long.   Teya quickly turned her attention to listen to Lucille.  She knew better then to ignore her.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »

"Above all, women rule on this world. They receive the highest respect and courtesy at all times no matter their station. Insult a woman here and you'll quickly find yourself in a world of trouble."

Jon made a huge gulp and smacked his lips softly as he thought to himself, Crap. I am on a planet of the Amazon Women.

He looked at Aria beside him but noticed that she was focused on Chalmer's speech. He gulped again and continued to listen to the rest of her speech.

Aria listened and after when Chalmers asked for a debrief with a few officers, she expected Elle to call on her to come as well. She is the XO of the Dreadnaught. She had to come, but it was up to Elle. She could use a few more information. She had to know what's going on.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 02:41:33 PM »

Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard
Major Ryse Collins

Ryse gives Sheppard a massive grin before answering, "Well, Sir, I didn't think you'd mind since you're not using them anymore." The mention of the pins that had been given to her causes her stomach to flutter at the memory of how exactly she'd acquired them. Rather unceremoniously, for sure, but they were still something that meant something to her. It also reminds her that there is yet another surprise in store for Turk. One that she wishes desperately that she could tell her, but also one that she's glad she can keep from her at the same time.

"I'm sure there are some people who would'd like to see them taken away from me, Major." He mumbles, remembering how he'd gotten his last promotion. It hits him right in the heart, but he'd gotten used to the feeling by now. Well, maybe not so much used to it as more able to cope with it. "Congratulations, you deserve it." He tells her in the obvious 'I'm not being sarcastic' tone.

Sadly, before either of them can torment Turk further, Chalmers is speaking. And apparently summoning him to another debriefing. He practically growls and for a split second, regrets toying with Alasen. But only for a split second. Once the General has concluded her speech, he sighs.

"S'pose I should go see what the Warden wants." Mutters to both of them before rising.

Ryse nods. "Sir. We'll wait for you in the commissary." Sheppard nods in reply and makes his way to the front of the room. He looks around, wondering where the engineer is. He wants to get all that taken care of as soon as possible. He has other things he needs to do - like get McKay back. That wasn't going to be easy ..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:07:34 PM by Mandi »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »

Fred and Gary glanced at each other. As per normal they were being over looked. Which they didnt mind. Fred smiled a little.
"Home?" he asked Gary. though he had a feeling people would make that difficult.
"Yeah, home." he mumbled. Neither of them had leave, or at least none they knew off. They may be off duty. but that was different.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »

NPC - Jim Lucas, PA

With a small grunt, Mike straightened up as Chalmers raised her voice. Feelings aside, politeness had never hurt anybody.
The look she gave him didn’t go unnoticed and Mike regretted he hadn’t fought Elle any harder to stay on board the Dread for another hour or so. Just until all of this had settled.
There was no real news in the briefing so far, and Mike could feel his mind starting to drift off… A long, hot shower. A shave. A bed… Jeez, he could almost kill for a bit of sleep right now. Yeah, sleep would be nice.
Jim nudged him in the side with his elbow, making Mike pull in a deep breath as he straightened up again, mumbling “I’m awake!”
His friend snorted a quiet, “Now you are.”
Mike pulled in another deep breath, making his left side protest, but did his best to hide it from the PA next to him. It was probably in vain anyway, but at least he had to try.
At Chalmers open question, Mike made a small head shake. Even if he’d had any questions, he was certainly not speaking up here and now. No, he wanted to stay below the Iron lady’s radar as much as he could and that meant keeping quiet and only speak when spoken to.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »

McKay sat where he was as the briefing finally began, and listened to all the boring stuff. So apparently this was the stereotypical sci fi matriarchy planet, go figure, and of course the IOA had decided that they would want to spend the rest of their lives here if Earth was lost for....God knows what reason. He could think of a few IOA members who would probably appreciate that, but he certainly wouldn't want to. And he couldn't even be accused of being anti-feminist, when he was more a realist. This place hardly measured up to average western civilization in terms of technology and amenities after all. Not to mention the hostile alien presence.

But, as it stood, he didn't actually plan on getting any leave (Too much to do), and if he insulted someone, it would be his standard equal opportunity insults, so they would just have to get used to it if they needed him to do something technical for them. And since someone had gone to the courtesy of warning him about them, someone should really do the same for them about him.

As things stood though, McKay didn't have any questions. Presumably this was going to be about Zulu, in which case his presence would be valuable, or about some other random business that was in all likelihood a waste of his time. And there wasn't anyone else he needed to bring along, so he just sat, and waited, so he could get this over with.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:29:40 PM by Flamelord »
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

KMSBismarck15

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KMSBismarck15 A new starter.
  • The Mighty Bismarck
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »

~Otto von Beck~

Otto quietly slipped into the conference room, only exchanging a few nods with those that had managed to notice. He took a seat at the very top corner of the room, making as little noise as possible and listening intently. The transporter aboard the Guadalcanal stopped functioning correctly and he had to take a shuttle. Though it seemed he was only a little late, and had only missed the first couple of minutes of it.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 12:40:40 AM »

As so often happens in these types of situations with a mixed group of ranks, no one appeared eager to ask or pose any questions at her and for Lucille that could only be a good thing, she hated answering them anyway. "Very well then, I take it we're all clear. I will add one more thing for you all, a little gift you might say. Any purchases made either here at our PX store or in town, can be made with a SGC issued Master Card. It'll be debited of your pay as usual and no interest is charged- if you don't already have one, see my XO before you leave."

Was there anything else she could add? Of course there was. "Oh and for you old hands who have been here before, you won't find Foreston north of the base any longer, its now in a new location some fifteen miles south." She needn't elaborate, they could figure it out for themselves when they get above ground and see the high water marks on the trees. "Dismissed. I'll be in the briefing room in five minutes for those of you I need to speak to."

<<To Briefing Room>>

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2015, 12:57:28 AM »

Fred once again sighed, He, nor Gary, nor anybody else at the SGC on behalf of the MOD were given SGC issue master cards, Simply because up untill this very point they didnt need them. it wasn't as if they took there wallets off world with them. The wallets stayed in their civvies, It was also bcause the MOD already had their pay system set up, Freds in to his HSBC account and Garys in to his Nat-West one. It was a simple system, but it worked. Up till now. Fred stood and sighed as he head down, finding the woman that had first spoken to them. "Excuse me, ma'am." he said. "Which way to the gate room?" He asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 01:20:39 AM »

Finally it was over, so Robyn could now retreat somewhere else and hopefully no one would notice her. She felt bad, her hunch told her that John had effectively told her to 'stand in line'; well not really she simply had hoped that things might have gone a little more easily for her, considering what she had been through. "Them's were the breaks." Her old mad had often said to her. She would though take advantage of the General's offer and grab one of those cards off the XO as soon as she could. Robyn hated looking tardy, even more so, she just wanted to get back into a decent uniform.

***************

Jordan stood rock still until Chalmers had left and of course the woman had given her a menial task to do, that any Joe could handle, even more so the Base Clerk. She shrugged and was about to leave when the Brit approached her. "Major....Rivers is it?" She was sure of that. "Second lowest level on the base, but you'll have to wait a bit." She was about to say more when she saw McFearson heading her way.
                                                                    *********************

"Mike.." Elle said as she got nearer to him. "Am I going to have to make this an order? Because I am not going to see the old bag alone." Her eyes looked at some of the others. "That includes you Otto. Aria, I'll need you soon, but in the meantime I want you to head back to the ship and see Andee. Get an engineering status report so I can hand it to Chalmers and .....excuse me for a moment." She bounded down the stairs to where Fred stood with O'Neil.

She didn't say anything at all, just stood there with her arms folded until Fred had finished speaking with the woman.

Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

lethal-pageant