Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers  (Read 2364 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« on: March 19, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:20:54 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis-Exterior of the City, Balconies and Piers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »

Two heads surfaced from the deep cold waters near the North East Pier, from a perspective of one of the cities balconies, you would have been literally amazed to see the red and blonde heads bobbing in the water. Worse still, even just a casual glance would tell you they could be in trouble as the blonde did her best to guide her companion closer to the nearest safe haven, a pier. The only trouble was, the top of it was at least twelve feet above them and very little in the way of handholds.

"Uuuooooah!" A sudden gasp escaped from Melinda's mouth as she and Julia came up, it was quicker than she thought, but also the total time was longer and only that last ascent was in any way rapid. She trod water, trying to kick their way closer to the structure, but that same tide had waves, small ones but waves nonetheless pushing them back. She couldn't speak, not even if she tried to.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »

In the last moments before surfacing, vision rimmed in black, Giulia did the stupid thing and gasped. Rather than air she got a mouthful of salt water, her only salvation was that they broke the surface in time for her to wretch it out.

She felt like she was coughing up a lung, which she would thank it kindly to remain where it was now that oxygen was flooding back and needed to be distributed around her body. Legs kept kicking, deternot tmined to stay afloat and not to duck back under.

Once she had her breath back enough, her eyes lifted to see the structure of Atlantis, feeling very small and in awe of its structure. That awe was by more coughing, renewing the coughing again. Looking again she could see the new problem that faced them, there was no way they were getting close to the City and getting up was going to be difficult. The only salvation she could think they had at this point was the city's sensors picking them up.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 12:52:36 AM »

By now Melinda had one arm around Julia's torso, holding her as fast as she possibly could, all the while treading water and doing her best to stay as close to the pier as possible. Which was beginning to prove difficult with the tide going against them. "I've got you Julia, try and relax....just let yourself go loose, I can hold you." She was of course over estimating herself just a little, already drained from the lack of oxygen and the swim up from below, Mel was teetering on collapse herself. She started speaking softly and slowly, as one would knowing it might be their last words. "I am so sorry, really sorry I got you into this. This whole damned thing is all my fault and if I hadn't been so adamant as to want to study every animal close at hand I find, this would never had happened." Possibly the most she had ever said in one statement in her life.
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:27:29 AM »

{Richard Woolsey}

Richard with his coffee in his hand took a sip of the warm liquid that he enjoyed so much.
He decided that he would get a good view while he enjoyed his short break and went out onto the balcony where he overlooked the large mass of water below him he studied the water far below him.
He was always amazed at how beautiful the city was and was truly thankful that he was aloud to see it.

Richard was about to go back inside when he heard some peculiar splashing he looked straight down to see two women in the water who appeared to be in distress.
Suddenly his mind shot into action as he realized that they needed help he rushed back inside to find help.

"Hello is anyone there!" he yelled out trying to get anyones attention as quickly as possible

"There are people in the water down there I want someone to get down there immediately and help them!" he yelled out

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »

{Chuck Campbell Gate tech} NPC

It didn't take a great deal of intelligence to know something was wrong as soon as Chuck heard Woolsey yelling, the man rarely raised his voice. To save a lot of time, Chuck used his radio in the first instance, secondly he went to his city wide cameras to get a view and he could clearly see the problem.

"I'm on it sir." He didn't even have to leave his seat, next he made a base wide call. "Emergency teams, North East Pier, we have Doctors Montale and Olofsson in the water." Then he wondered how the hell they got there? Where was Ronon and the alien woman?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »

Cameron Mitchel

When the warning sounded, Cam started himself up as he took his gear. He called the radio for his team and started running for the exterior of the city. Some of the personnel brough rope so he carried it halfway towrd there. He spoke to the gate tech, "Whats going on, Campbell?"

Chuck pointed toward the water and Cam's eyes went up when he saw both women in the water drowning. He reacted as he yelled out, "Alright people. Lets get them out of the water! Get a med team on standby!"

He took the rope and tied one end to the balcony and tossed the other end into the water. He shouted down, "Doctors, grab that end of the rope. I'm coming in."

He ran and took a dive into the water below with a splash.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »

"Sir wait!" He was about to tell the Colonel to at least take of his boots and socks but it was too late. "Guys, grab the other end of the rope, otherwise we'll be saving the saver as well." More than likely that would be the situation, with Cam's boots dragging him down.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »

Giulia tried for a moment to relax, but a burst of panic as felt herself nearly sink under spurred her to keep kicking her legs, though sporadic lyrics interrupted by her wrenching. A mouthful or two of salt water was not a recommendation for her health.

"Do not beat yourself up.... about this, you were not ....to know the damage.... down in that section."

It was an effort to talk between coughs and wretches but Giulia was not wanting to hear this guilt trip. In all honesty, she would have done the same in search of a new technology she could reverse engineer.

Her head ducked under the water, scrabbling in the water, Giulia fought for survival, fought to get herself up and above the water.

"You can make it up to me by .... teaching me to be a stronger .... swimmer."

Smilng a little at her friend, holding on to her fast as she heard the splash, feeling hope but she was unsure how long she could keep swimming, her legs were waning.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:20 PM »

"Oh no you don't!" Mel all but yelled as Julia's head went under; she tightened her grip around the others waist and kicked harder all the while focusing on that now receding pier. About then as her head came up for direction, she saw Cam and a team come running down the long walkway, for a moment she was confused as she saw the Colonel dive in, boots and all. Mel knew only too well what that would mean, more so as she saw the rope come spiraling out towards her. Grabbing the rope with one free hand, she quickly tied under Julia's arms, reassuring her as she did so. "Deal! I'll have you swimming laps like a pro, now ...." A gulp of water went down her own throat, almost causing her to gag. "Now hang on and try to float on your back."

The boys and girls up top, saw the line go taut, so they began to haul on it. Meanwhile Mel swam strongly now, unencumbered by the extra weight, she headed for Cam stopping just short of him. "Sir, do you mind if I say that was foolish?.....but thank you just the same." If anyone was to do what he just did, it would be Cam Mitchell, never leave anyone behind. "We need to help Julia out, I'm fine, she is not and there is nothing to climb up with." Her head inclined towards the slippery structure of the pier.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »

With Cam disappearing beneath the water, he inwardly cursed or swore to himself. Positioning himself undewater where he is facing up, he was sinking. Fast. Because of the extra weight. Good thing he could hold his breath or he would have drowned. Taking his knife from below his belt, he cut the laces off from his shoes and pulled his shoes off. He did the same with his other feet as well and placed the knife back into his sheath. For what it seemed like five long seconds underwater, he firmly and strongly propelled himself through the water and cut through into the gaping oxygen rich environment as he gasped once for breath. For the moment he wasn't thinking straight when  he dived in for the girls. It was sort of his heroic moment and then it kicked him on the head.

As Mel approached him and both reprimanded him as well as thanking him, Cam responded half out of breath, "What can I say?"

He left that thought standing as he swam to Julia and grabbed her gently but firmly as he pulled her above and along the water toward the pier, "Hang in there, Doctor. You're in safe hands"

He wondered if it could be about time when an Asgard beaming device would come in handy at some point because they would really use it.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:39 AM »

The security of the rope around her chest could not have come soon enough. That single tether gave her the chance to rest, her already punished limbs, though the surrendering to her natural buoyancy was not a smooth transition. Any time she felt she might sink, Giulia rotated her arms to get away from the sensation.

Reluctantly she watched Mel move away to meet Cam, then watched the water move around her as the line was pulled on. Water spilling down over her head and some going down her already wretched raw throat. If it wasn't for that, she might just enjoy the ride but there was something daunting about the deep fathoms below her. Never more now than did she understand the phrase "being all at sea".

For a moment she jolted when Cam took hold of her, then relaxed when she realised it was help. As she was pulled along, she fought against surrendering to her exhaustion, the want to sleep.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »

With the small team hauling on the rope, Chuck at the head, it took only moments to draw both Julia and Cam in. That was when the moment came for Cam to let go and tread water for a while, at least now those two were close Cam could at least get a hand hold on something. "Sir you can let her go now." He looked over the edge of the twelve feet or so drop, slippery as you would expect, almost vertical yet at least there were a few indents Julia might be able to get a foot hold on if necessary.

"Doctor we'll pull you up steadily but you might need to fend yourself off the sides to avoid getting hurt." A proper warning he felt needed saying. "Come on guys, now pull."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 02:31:54 AM »

"I'll take that as an apology Colonel." Melinda really didn't have anything on the man, he was brave to a fault, so much so she'd have to get him those boots soon enough. With that, seeing he was okay, Mel struck out for Julia, she reached the bottom of the pier just as they started to lift her up, one hand reaching out to steady her friends feet. "Dinner is on me Julia for the next year." She called out to her dangling above.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 05:22:49 PM »

As Cameron looked up watching Julia ascend to the pier, he looked back to Melinda as he thought a bit. Looking around, he noticed the waves quiet. A bit gentle. It was slightly windy outside. He responded, "You know, you're next, right?"

He stood at ready still floating on the waters near the pier.

Character List

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

lethal-pageant