Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gunnery training range  (Read 3897 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gunnery training range
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:00:17 AM »

The Alpha site gunnery practice range is located twelve miles north west of the main base, accessible by two roads, one directly from the base and another due west from the airfield. It geography is mostly flat, although there are a few low hills on the base of the mountain range that strides northwards. Lining three sides of the 8,000 acre range, are thick forest of trees much like eucalypt, redwood and oak from Earth. There is a wide river, the Erinin bordering the range's furthest eastern perimeter.

Gunnery training is conducted by the cavalry, artillery and light armor units of the base. Infantry units do use the area from time to time for general training ops.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:55:56 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gunnery training range
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:20:28 AM »

<From Base>

The worst of the roads were behind them as the swung into the last turn. The engineers had been able to keep the last five kilometers in fairly good condition given the traffic that went over it, which included sixty ton tanks. As they drew near to the range, an on duty SF recognised both Jordan and her humvee, opening the gate and waving them through.

The first thing you saw on arrival was trees, lots of them and six small huts with a larger central one dispersed among those trees. Down southwards as you looked from the gate, was a huge expanse of open land, with hills and gulleys, the very place to train gunners. There was also a concrete control bunker nearby over looking the range.

Jordan pulled the Humvee up outside of the larger hut, it had a little resemblance to an office come accommodation in the woods. "Turk, Jon, we'll be overseeing the exercise from the bunker you might have noticed as we came in. But since its late and it will be sun down soon, we'll stay here, there are two bedrooms in the main building, Turk with me, Jon you're on your ownsome." She pipped her radio. "Sergeant, park your truck near the smaller cabins, we'll start the exercise at first light. You'll find a kitchen with everything in the second hut."

{Sergeant Kaster Sane} NPC

Kaster had been watching Jordan's rear for almost an hour and was wondering when she was going to stop. Finally she did after going through a gate check and his eyes took in everything he saw. Quite a nice place he thought, to bad they had to shoot the hell out of it. "Copy that Commander." He said in reply as the brakes squealed, pulling the LRPV to a stop near the smaller huts. He turned to his companions. "Either of you know how to cook?"
Far Dareis Mai

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »

"It just like a camping sleep over boys except with a cold water shower instead of a creek bath. Also no dirt sleepinh bag

She said this with a smile.  But she wasn't kidding the cabins only had cold water the last time she was here. Unless they installed a about water heater. She wondered what bunk she would get.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:28:28 AM by sleepydemon »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 01:37:36 AM »

John dropped down from the vehicle and stood facing the buildings

"Do we get to atleast test the beds for a bit"said John thinking back to his bed back at the site that he hadnt tried yet but was not exactly looking forward to it

"Good base for a bit of walking around on foot I think" he said looking at the nearby forest

John then looked at the others to see what they were doing and if his CO had any further orders for him at the moment.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:07:24 AM »

The veteran Sergeant simply shook his head, he could see he was going to have to give these boys a lesson in listening, that or a dose of hot salty water to clean their ears out. "Before we bunk down for the night, I would like to eat. Since I didn't see any MRE's in the truck and the Commander said there was a kitchen available, I am guessing we have to make our own dinner. So I ask again, can either of you cook, as I can barely make a decent cup of coffee."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:34:12 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »

He remembered this place from a while back. The mosquitos here were larger then elephants and love to eat you alive. He remembered having a small fire one of the nights which kept them away. They werekept awake most nights in the intial training by animals mating and he didnt think tonight would be too much different. The memories here weren't bad tho.

The sargent asked two marines without the mos cook if they could almost made him laugh but he could turn some decent meals but it was an unusual thing.

"I know how to make some decent meals. Coffee however you are on your own for. Unless you like tea. I think we should get a firegoing if you do not want to be eaten alive."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 02:42:03 AM »

"We'll be indoors and I'm pretty sure they have plenty of bug repellent and mosquito nets Warwick." Kaster grunted as he went to the back door of the vehicle to lug his great pack on his shoulders. "As soon as we stow our own gear, the three of us will unpack what we don't need to carry on the exercise, no point in having an over laden truck. As for the coffee, if we get stuck we can always get a pot of the Commander. Right, move your arses grunts, we bed down straight after darkness, I know we're gonna be roused very early"
Far Dareis Mai

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »

She couldn't help but giggle she didn't remember bug repellent last time she was here or bug nets. Most of them just started a small fire in the fire place or they started a small camp fire. But it had been some time since she had set foot on the training grounds. Warwick also didn't look like he had more then he would need. Valentine however looked like a different story.

" Hot water doesn't last too long so if you want a shower expect cold. And be ready for early morning."

She knew the marines wouldn't heed this warning they rarely did. She wonder wy Jon was so quiet.

"A campfire seems like a good idea at least until everyone is ready to settle in. It will be a good chance for the boys to learn something about each other."

She really wanted marshmellows and good company before they head out. She gave a wink to Jordan
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:51:40 PM by sleepydemon »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 01:25:34 AM »

Jordan listened to the exchange between the Marines impassively, standing not far from the porch of the main residence, when she began to yawn and saw the first of the two suns, she knew it was time to head inside. "Right then, Sergeant we'll see you and your team in the morning. A word of caution, lock your door once you're inside, you do not want to be out here at night, not without a full regiment at your back. Good night." She turned after nodding at Turk and John for them to follow her, then headed inside.

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 08:36:42 PM »

*Time Jump*

August 18 2011 0800 - 1200 hours SGC

0600 hours Alpha Site
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 12:22:57 AM »

Normally Jordan would be up at around 5am, but not today. Last night had been rather harrowing what with the sounds of the forest nearby and the swarms of midges that threatened to eat them as soon as a door or window was opened. Some pyrethrin candles helped in that department, but they had no sooner eaten, showered and gone to bed when the mosquitoes showed up. Fortunately the nets kept them off their skin, but that did nothing for the constant buzzing noise of them.

Rising weary eyed, Jordan took a cold shower ate a small bowl of cereal while both Turk and Jon still slept. She looked at her watch again, 0705. Time enough for everyone to be up. She dressed quickly in full combat BDU's, the soft desert colour cams, walked promptly outside and stood right in the middle of the cabins, sort of a parade ground in a way. All she had to do was pull out her whistle from the chain around her neck. She placed it to her lips and blew...hard. It was loud enough to wake the dead. 
Far Dareis Mai

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

She slept in a small bit she had woken up at 700 hours. The sounds hadn't really bothered her. She decided to skip breakfast and took a cup of coffee and went outside. It was beautiful day and almost too perfect for a  training exercise. She saw some clouds off in the distance. The bug nets were a nice addition from the last time she was here and it seemed to be eons ago.

"I wonder what in store for today."

She wondered if anyone else was up. She then heard a sharp whistle which semi blended in with the the birds singing. She smiled it was time to begin she believed she headed into where Jordan was.

"Are the boys ready?"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:50:20 PM by sleepydemon »

George4

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19:19 AM »

That night they had some kabasi with mash and green beans for supper. It came out ok. The others seemed to like it. It was a very german dish that his father had made with him and told him stories about his uncle.
He had never met Arcadia but his dad seemed to want him to try to follow in his brothers footsteps. He however was craving his own path.

He didn't sleep long and was up at 3 am. He was ready to go then. He had taken the only warm shower anyone could get here. He wouldn't have cared if it was cold. He had wandered out at 5 am. He was then almost ready to head out. He hid from the scary lady though when she entered the showers.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:28:08 PM by George4 »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »

Jon awoke with a start with a headache. He groaned in pain as he sank back into the bed with his hands on his temples. It was still dark and he just work up from a nightmare he was having. Headaches was splitting his head apart like a knives carving into his skull from multiple directions. It took him a few moments of laying there in pain, but as he opened his eyes. It hit him slowly, but it was still dark. Looking at the clock on the counter beside him, it was still midnight. The marine let out a sigh and a silent groan as he slowly sat up on his bed. Gently as he opened the drawer, he took out his small flashlight and turned it on. The illumination was low at least. Turned down to a lower setting. Getting up, the light lead him toward the wash room where he set the flashlight down.

There were insect like sounds outside still grinding. Like Cicadas, but he didnt know if they were the same. They probably were and were probably blood sucking too. He was after all in an alien world. At least the flies, or midges they still call them, weren't that deadly. He was already inoculated from harmful diseases carried by flies. Turning the water a bit on gently, he placed his hands into the water basin and splashed some water across his face to wake up a little. Or at least to turn down the blinding headache he was having. It was almost like he was going through a hangover only it wasn't an hangover. Not really. He doesn't drink alcohol unlike his marine counterparts. He detested alcohol.

Jon was one of those few marines who refused to fall into the stereotype of hardcore drinking, cussing and brawling marine type. They were usually trouble. He was strong. Sturdy and focused into one. Many of his marine friends viewed him as weak, but Jon was determined to prove them wrong. To prove them all wrong. He was kind of a one of a type marine. He wasn't a coward. He can even battle his own headache and stay strong.

Turning off the sink and taking the flashlight, he walked his own way back to his bed. Turning the light off, he reentered his covers and drifted off to sleep for the remainder of seven hours.

As the whistle cut through the air, Jon woke up with a start. He removed his covers and started dressing up into his clothing, his battle armor and gear. It was all in desert colors of course. Perfect for the day outside. Determined to not mess his morning up, he took a quick bite from a granola bar, downed it with water and jogged outside. It was bug free. At least for now. In the morning, but maybe later they will come back for a quick snack. Jon was juicy enough.

The marine turned to attention as he approached Jordon and saluted her, "Lieutenant Jon Agathon reporting as ordered, Ma'am."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:38:09 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 05:48:54 PM »

John awoke at the sound of the whistle and instantly began to regret it he had enjoyed last night's dinner greatly but had wanted to sleep a tiny bit longer.
Looking around he noticed some of his fellow marines were already up

"well damn" he said out loud before rising from the bed

John prepared himself for the day quickly with a wash and new clothes and quickly went out to meet and greet his CO who he was still wondering if he even belonged here.

"Greetings everyone" he said as he exited the cabin to find everyone

"This planet is rather pretty at night" he said with a small smile before having a quick yawn

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

lethal-pageant