Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21. Med Bay Radiology-MRI  (Read 2582 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command- Level 21. Med Bay Radiology-MRI
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »

Stargate Command's Radiology section housed within the medical wing, is used by both medical and science staff

There had been a flurry of activity ever since SG17 came back from researching PHF-886 a desert wilderness planet with nothing on it for literally miles around the Stargate, apart from one large stone structure that was somewhat similar to a Mayan pyramid, although time had worn it down greatly. Not a lot was found there, another dead end in the search for Ancient technology, but they did find a labyrinth of catacombs within the structure and it was marked for further study.

Jay Felger was with that team and other than SG17 constantly watching over the hapless scientists, it went off fairly smoothly in as much he was now placing his latest find on the large MRI machine, only to find it would fit through; it was too big.

"Bugger" He said, scratching his head as he looked over the coffin like object. Bigger than a Goa'uld sarcophagus in every way and with strange alien glyphs written all over it. He really needed Daniel Jackson down here.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21. Med Bay Radiology-MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »

Daniel had a bit of an uneventful day. Making reports, getting into meetings and organizing his artifacts stuff. It was a short trip for him to go to the Alpha Site and back to SGC. Not like it was a big deal, but at least he was with a friend. He was called to the Med Bay at level 21 for something. After taking a bite from the mess hall real fast, he downed water and tossed it into the nearby receptacle to recycle before entering the room. His eyes waundered a bit till he saw a familar face so he offered an amused half smile as he spoke, "Felger. You're back already? You need me for something?
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »

On: (William Troy)

William listened as the Doctor pointed out various location in the med-unit, this was likely to be his place of work for the near future so it would be good to learn the layout. It was also interesting to hear how she got pulled into the organization.

"Sounds like they have a trend of throwing their newcomers into the deep end soon after arriving. I've barely scratched the surface of the history of the Stargate, but it will be interesting to discover the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would put it. I'm sure there have been incidents I supported on the outside without realizing I was only getting a small piece of the puzzle, or a decoy puzzle. That happened a few times with the Air Force, but then we at least knew we were supporting a mission that technically didn't exist."

He chuckled at the mention of alien life.
"I thought the Aliens were all kept at Area 51, or is that just the UFO's."

Off:

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »

Carrie stared at Jay for a few seconds before being able to say anything. The man was literally covered in dust, then she snapped out of it and looked replied to Troy in an almost absentminded tone, “No, you’re right; the tech’s at Area 51. We try and keep the aliens here for as much as we can,” before once again turning towards Jay and Daniel.
“Hey, be careful with the machine, alright? Round hole – square peg ring a bell? And umm…” She gave Jay a head to toe look, “You make sure it’s cleaned up in here when you’re done. Ok?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »

"What....oh Daniel, yes I've been back for a couple of hours. Say, you can help me since we can't get this thing into the MRI, maybe at the least can you decipher these glyphs? They seem to be ancient but not a dialect I am familiar with." For once Jay was talking straight, all too often the wayward scientist would be off on a completely different tangent to the subject at hand.

While he waited for Daniel to look closely at the large casket, two others entered the MRI room, Doctor Svensson and a man he didn't recognise. He heard the fellow speak first then Carrie answer, but Jay himself had something to say on the subject. "Most of the alien life forms we've had on hand have been either deceased or in a condition that merits little research value and the live ones, well as you could imagine, they're not very willing to be taken apart." He grinned at his own humor, as silly as it was.

"Square peg?" Sometimes the very obvious escaped him until it hit him like a brick. "Oh..hahaha, yes Carrie and no, we've used the portable X-ray to no avail. I'm not willing to open the darn thing until we know a little more of what's inside, hopefully Doctor Jackson here can help...clean, yes ma'am." He gave her a proper military salute, even though it wasn't warranted.
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »

ON:(William Troy)

His comment about Area 51 was more of an offhand remark. He didn't really expect the claims to be substantiated. Ask any random person on the street about Area 51, and most would tell you that's where the Aliens were being kept by the Government. Of course from what little he knew about the SG program, it shouldn't have come as a great surprise.

"So I guess not all the rumors about Area 51 are true, just most of them."

He didn't follow the entire conversation about the alien, but understood enough.

In New York, we had an open MRI machine and a wide bore CT scanner as well. If you don't have either one, I'd suggest talking to your supply officer. Would allow you to accommodate wider and heavier patients, be they Alien or human.

Off:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 12:59:56 AM by Troy »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 02:14:30 PM »

"Easy," Daniel spoke with one word as he inspected the ancient device he added with great care, "Just make sure you...

He was however interrupted as Carrie finished his sentence for him. The born archeologist offered a smile at her and nodded, "Couldn't have said it better, Carrie. And..."

He trailed off as he noticed the newcomer into the base. He never met him before and finished his sentence responding to the young man, "You are?"

However, while letting Troy to respond to his question, something Felger said was nagging him at the back of his skull as he turned back to him with a thoughtful expression, "You are correct, Felger. It is an alien device or script. a large one. I would have to look over it but from my brief look over, I recognize a few words. It says 'Beware of the' and then the rest doesn't seem decipherable or seems to be lost due to wear. We would need to do a carbon dating on it. If you can get started on that one. Carefully, as the doctor said."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:23:13 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »

On: (William Troy)

William had heard of Dr. Jackson, but didn't expect to meet him so soon upon arriving at the SGC. On a base this large, he was likely to be meeting other people for a while. Considering he was in his blues, it was fairly obvious he was the newcomer.

"Lt. William Troy. I'm the new combat medic for the SGC. At the moment I'm assigned to the infirmary until they assign me to an SG team."

Off:

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 01:33:45 AM »

"Holy Molly!" Felger said slapping his head. "Now all we need is to find out old Bocce planted the damned thing....Jay Felger by the way." He added in response to the new guy. "Scientist." The man was obviously nervous and it showed by the beads of sweat starting to form on his brow; but since this was still Carrie's domain, he'd defer to her, even if it wasn't in her CV. "Carbon dating, right I can at least do that, just need a small chip of the old block so to speak. I wonder if we should get Syler down here to do that?....a BIG MRI you say? " Jay was also good at rambling.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »

Daniel looked at Felger and let out a sigh. The man was a bit of a rambler by his own way. At least, he gets stuff done. He remembered that one mission involving the SG1 and Felger's team offworld right before the SG1 purposely fell into a Goa'uld trap. On purpose. Jack was mad at Felger that day and they ended up having to save both Felger and his friend. He spoke again, "Just do what you can, Felger. The missing pieces will fall into place shortly after this."

He looked around the artifact inspecting it briefly.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 07:55:05 PM »

*Time Jump*

August 18 2011 0800 - 1200 hours
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 12:27:06 AM »

There wasn't enough time to finish up the night before, Carrie sending them all off to either eat, rest or go home. Jay had done the last, returning a little later in the morning around 1030 hours, after having been caught in a traffic jam on his way. It was bad, a minor accident but one that had blocked the main roads for over two hours. He was though in this instance the first to arrive in the MRI room, everything having been left as it was.
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »

(William Troy)

While he was familiar with most of the tools and technology used by the SGC, William spent part of the morning learning program specific procedures. Before embarking on missions and upon returning, there were certain medical procedures that were to be carried out. How much of that we would be involved in remained to be seen, but he planned on picking up as much medical related knowledge as he could while assigned to the infirmary. Around 10:45 he swung by the MRI room and noticed Dr Felger getting things set up.

"Need some help Dr."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 09:30:24 PM »

Having spent the better part of yesterday fast asleep in Med Bay, then a run home and some shopping, feeding her daughter's horse and dog among other motherly duties, Anne returned the next day feeling rather refreshed. On arrival she did he usual check ins and finding a relatively peaceful medical section, she made her way to Radiology to check up on Carrie. She was a little amused to find Jay Felger there, and pleasantly surprised to see an old face.

"He probably does William. How are you?" She asked. Anne met him all but briefly, yet a worthy meeting during the 9/11 crisis in New York. She herself had been attending a Naval Conference only three blocks away when disaster hit. "Been quite a while hasn't it? You haven't changed by the way."

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:28 PM »

(William Troy)

Before the scientist could respond, another voice could be heard answering the Lieutenant's question. Following the direction the voice was coming from, William spotted an older woman wearing the rank of Commodore in the Australian Navy. She looked vaguely familiar, and once he got a look at her name-tape the Airman was able to place the face.

"Yes Ma'am it has, almost 10 years now. Although back then I was Sgt Troy not Lt. Troy. I see the Stargate Program has snatched you up as well."
Pages: [1] 2 3

lethal-pageant