Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stargate Command- Level 21. Med Bay Radiology-MRI  (Read 2764 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 232
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command- Level 21. Med Bay Radiology-MRI
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 11:03:48 PM »

"I could..." Jay mumbled his words right at the instant Anne came in, talking immediately as she was fond of doing. Full of surprises she was, reminded him so much of his own mom, she even looked like her a little and that was probably why every band aid he went for, he tried to see her for it, even if it was a little cut. "Wow, coincidences eh?" He said nonchalantly at the two of them. "You guys are lucky, I can't even remember sometimes who I ran into ten minutes ago."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »

Reflection often opened up new wounds, 9/11 opened up many and for Anne some of those were quite painful. As a doctor, so often you get too close to a particular patient, unless you're totally devoid of a heart you can't help but to. Anne and her team in the days and weeks after that fateful event, worked tirelessly to heal literally dozens of victims. Her specialty were the burns patients and those affected by the smoke.  As an old friend told her once, you can't save them all, nor are we god. That was so true as you watched many pass on even as you tried everything in the book to save them. Shaking off the memories she spoke again in hushed tones. "Could be twenty years William, its as fresh in my mind now as if it were yesterday. I find myself reliving moments from that tragedy all too often." Aceh Provence, Mogadishu and all the rest as well.

Then there was Jay, the bumbling scientist always made her smile. "I'd expect that Jay, I mean you do have a lot on your mind don't you." She took another look at the casket, the age of it made her shiver. "We could take it to a safer area then perhaps try and open it remotely using a IED robot, they can be modified to do that I understand." She'd seen it done, so at least the SGC wouldn't have much trouble achieving it.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »

“Yes, please Be Careful.” Carrie emphasized the last words as she stepped in to the room and looked them all. “Having the preliminary reports from Zulu station fresh in mind, Hazmat suits and a confined area is the way to go if you’re planning on opening that thing.”
She turned towards Anne, “Sorry I’m a bit late. Sick dog. Regular vet’s on leave. Traffic jam out of town and to top it off an angry officer from the High way patrol – probably the same jerk that harassed you yesterday. Anyway - ”
Carrie pulled in a deep breath and looked at the others, “Apart from McKay, who would you say has the best knowledge when it comes to ancient tech?”

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:18 PM »

(William Troy)

William addressed part of his comment to Dr MacGregor and part to Dr Felger.

"As a combat medic stationed near New York City, we were one of the first outside units to respond. While 9-11 was a defining moment for many Americans, it was magnified for those who were in the thick of things.You're right ma'am, that's not a day soon forgot."

William had been to the City multiple times before the attack, but there was something surreal about rolling through one of America's largest cities with a full combat load-out. Not knowing what to expect, the order was given to gear up as if entering hostile territory. The order was loosened as time went by, with the focus shifting to rescue and recovery.

He nodded in greeting to Dr Svensson.
"Morning Ma'am. I can't help much with opening an ancient coffin, but I may be able to assist with any medical analysis of what's inside. If nothing else, it will help acquaint me to alien anatomy."

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:22:14 PM by Troy »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

"There is that bunker on the base that had been used a few years ago for something that escapes my memory now. I understand its even deeper than level twenty seven." Anne recalled reading some file a while back where the SGC had to make use of that facility, something that Sam Carter had been involved in. "HAZMAT suits would be compulsory I'd say and as far as the best candidate, that would be either Sam Carter, Bill Lee or my daughter. Sam I think would be the easiest to get hold of, although in her condition I don't think we should be exposing her to something like this." Who else was there, she could only guess. "Carrie I think Colorado Springs has just become the Mid West's new Los Angeles." Her own drive in this morning wasn't exactly a picnic either.

Anne looked from one to the other, William's sentence not lost on her. "You'd be a damned robot William if you could erase a thing like that from your mind. "
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:20:09 PM by MelsMum »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 12:43:44 AM »

"Well I'm chuffed that's all I can say. Here I was thinking I'd have this all on my ownsome and now I get some big help. Thanks guys, you're all great people." Jay was enthusiastic now, he could really get to the bottom of this puzzle. "Doctor MacGregor, we'd need the Admiral's permission though I'm afraid..." he trailed off, he didn't have a very good rep with that man.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

"Ah, here they are," Linde said as the three of them entered the room. "Doctors MacGregor and Svensson, this is my father, George wettin. He is the new German liaison to the SGC and he is on a tour of the installation."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

Carrie nodded at Troy's suggestion, "Sure. Felger's familiar with the protocols necessary to keep containment, so as long as you follow his lead, I don't see why you can't tag along," before turning towards Anne.
She put up her hands in a defensive gesture and shook her head, "God heavens no, I wouldn't dream about exposing Sam or her unborn child to something that might endanger either of them. I was more thinking about just having a talk to her concerning the tech I used yesterday," knowing Anne would understand her dilemma.

The footsteps behind her, and the familiar voice of Linde made her turn around and she smiled towards them both, "Nice to see you Linde," then extended her right hand towards her father.
"Pleasure to meet you, Mr Wettin and welcome. I'm Dr Carrie Svensson, chief medical officer of the SGC." True to her upbringing, she really hated this type of formality, but had over the years in the States learned how things were done here at the other side of the pond. If the US people were formal - she knew that Germans were even worse when it came to titles and how to address people.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »

"Not unless Sean has something else in mind for you William I can't see any reason stopping you either, so long as you keep it in mind that anything alien we have at hand needs the strictest controls placed over it when we're doing any snooping. To that Jay, I'll make sure the Admiral give his approval." For Anne's part she was rather intrigued herself, she might just go along as well for no other reason that to satisfy her curiosity.

Right at the very moment though, Anne was thinking of a quick coffee and something solid in her stomach, she'd had no time at all to eat before she left home, her being as strict with herself as anyone else on making sure breakfast was never missed; she was about to excuse herself when Linde, Sean and Georg made their appearance. "How do you do Georg, its always a pleasure to meet family of our people." She held her hand out to him in greeting. "You're probably already aware of my job description I would imagine, so I won't bore you with the details. Carrie, I'll swing by a little later, I really do need to eat something." She had to add that, Anne had been asked only the day before to let people know where she was as it seemed she had this habit of disappearing when she was needed.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 07:26:29 PM »

"Please call me, Georg, Doctor Svensson," Georg said. He found American informality quite refreshing. He, like his children, hated using their noble titles in public. He did have a little difficulty placing her accent. It wasn't the type that you normally heard in Europeans who spoke English as a second language. He shook hands with both women. "Reports have reached the German government of serious personnel shortages here at the SGC. We have a number of fully cleared medical personnel at your disposal. Just tell us how many you need and we can have them here within 48 hours." He could just imagine the delight with which they would greet his news. Linde was fully expecting Anne to start doing cartwheels in glee.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »

(Troy)

William nodded to the Doctors.
"Thank you. As for protocols, I'm pretty sure I can safely say I've never dealt with alien life or artifacts before this point in my career. Well aside from a brief trip through the Stargate in the late '90s. Therefore I don't have any bad habits that have to be unlearned. I'd be more of an observer anyway."

Why they didn't have an offworld facility for this specific purpose the medic didn't know, but he was sure there was a good reason for it. He turned his attention back to the scientist.
"Well Dr Felger, guess I'm all yours for the afternoon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 02:58:10 AM »

{Admiral Sean Davidson} NPC

It was a good thing having been trained in stealth, not that it mattered all that much around this place. Sean had to suppress a smallish laugh though, here they were talking about him, but hadn't noticed he was standing quietly off to one side taking it all in and letting Georg and Linde do their own introductions. "No, I don't have anything else for him right now Anne, although I will say Lieutenant you'll be joining an SG team within the next day or so. Doctor Felger you can use the secure bunker, but you'll need to get the codes from Lieutenant Brownwell. Have her ask the Odyssey to beam this thing out of here and then directly to the bunker." He had a warm smile for his medicos, he also had a request for them, but that could wait a while. "Anne, Carrie you two look better than you did yesterday. Georg your people are really going to spoil us you know." That was an afterthought, but a true one.

Typical of his breed, that being the absent minded scientist, Jay looked like a rabbit in headlights when Sean spoke to him. "Ah...right, yessir we've got it all in hand. This way if you would please Lieutenant and don't worry about the lack of alien study, it comes to you like learning on the job." That was how Jay himself stumbled through life.

<<To Gate room>>
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »

Carrie almost rolled her eyes at Sean's sudden appearance in the doorway - she really hated it, when he made one of those 'stealthy'-entrances.
She pulled in a deep breath and gave Anne a nod, "You do that. I'll page you if anything happens," and then with a more sincere smile looked back at Wettin.
"Alright, in that case I'm Carrie. Short for Carolina."

The CMO raised her brows at George's news, her surprise quite obvious in her face. "Wow," was all she could come up with for a few seconds before finding her composure and grinned, "That's great. I'll... I'll give you a list!"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »

Now that things were settling down, Anne could take that long needed breakfast. "Its been a pleasure meeting you Georg. Linde, take care of your dad by the way, older men have a habit of straying." She said with her Aussie wit and a smile. "Now unless I'm needed urgently Carrie, I'll be in the cafe. Adieu."

<<Anne to Commissary>>

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 08:50:51 PM »

Georg grinned back. "Very well. Carrie it is. I am most glad to be of service. I hope that this is the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship between Germany and the SGC."

"You don't have to worry about that," Linde called out after Anne. "Father and Mother are quite devoted. Besides, he isn't all that old."

Sean was apparently content to stay in the background. so Linde took her father all over the installation, giving him a peek into just about everything. The final stop before returning to Sean's office was at the Fleet Watch Center.

<<to SGC Fleet Headquarters>>
Pages: 1 [2] 3