Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Lake District-The Flood  (Read 5076 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Lake District-The Flood
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 02:12:33 AM »

This was perhaps the one time in Elle's life she wasn't rejoicing in the rain, coming from her native Australia, you appreciated it no matter when and where, being the driest continent back on Earth. But not now, not at this time; it was annoying, humid, she was in some pain and right there with the man she loved, Elle would have preferred to be somewhere rather less damp. "As strange as it sounds Mike, I was never a big fan of either old books or old movies, I was way too busy being stupid when I was younger." More like being a complete muck up, which saw her in more trouble than it was worth on reflection. Its funny how things turn around, Anne MacGregor's daughter Cate, who Elle and Mike knew more than well as one of the old Alpha Site gang; was the most serious person you'd ever meet when she was a kid, now she is the image of what Elle was, and McFearson is the serious one (most of the time.)

"Bad. But I'll live, its not the first time and I doubt it'll be the last. You should know, my dad was mad on fishing and who was his side kick?" She tried in vain to smile, but failed miserably. "Yes I can do that at least and we won't be alone..which is unfortunate." Her head nodded upwards to the Coast Guard boathouse, the lights were on and that meant warmth.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »

NPC - Captain Mureñjo Cabrera. Native Cavaliero

Mike gave her a compassionate look - if she admitted it, it had to be bad.
"I'll see what I can do when we get inside, ok?" he said quietly and gave her a swift kiss on the cheek, before making sure the boat was heading straight for the pier and stepped aside to let Elle take his place by the wheel.
With the rain pouring down his face he still gave her a smile, "Don't worry, there's still time for us to be on our own. If not, I'll just render you unfit for duty for another week or so. You appointed me CMO, remember?" and by that he turned and slowly made his way towards the fore of the boat.

As they approached the pier, Mike saw a figure in bright orange rain clothes coming down the stairs from the house and by the time they reached the actual berthing place, all Mike had to do was to toss the line and wait for the boat to be tied up, first up front and then at the stern.
Mike opened up the hatch where he and Elle had stacked their luggage, pulled out Elle's duffel bag and his back pack and tossed them over to the pier, before he, not so very gracefully, jumped after. As soon as he landed he turned towards Elle to give her a hand to get off the boat.

He felt a heavy hand on his shoulder and a voice appeared near his ear, "Whatever happened to checking the weather forecast before getting out in a boat like that? You know better than that Doctor Mike"
Mike grimaced a little as he shot a fast look at Captain Mureñjo Cabrera, the chief of the station; the hand was heavy on his bruised body and secondly, he couldn't help making references to that old TV-series with Jane Seymore. "Sorry! It came over us sooner than we thought..."
The chief sighed and gave the dark sky a fast look, "If I'd had a penny for every time I've heard that excuse..." The stern face brightened up a little though as he continued, "I'll let it go for now though, since you made it here on your own doctor," and then he turned towards Elle and gave her a nod of acknowledgment, "Commander."

((OOC: Feel free to play musical chairs with Cabrera in your next post! )

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 02:40:48 AM »

The burning pain was starting to get to her, Elle wanted to scream. She hadn't felt this much agony since she copped a bullet in the thigh some years ago in Pegasus...she would have felt good about that if it hadn't been friendly fire. But this pain, in the palms of her hand was intense and she knew why, Mike would be telling her, or more rightly giving her a quick medical 101 on just how close to the skin the nerves were in your hand and fingers, the reason being was because of that sense of touch. Right now all she wanted was his gentle touch in fixing it. "I might....just take you up on that Doctor." She winced and gritted her teeth in reply.

When he extended his hand to her, Elle gripped the torn Tee shirt pieces in each hand tightly, she didn't want to disgrace herself by leaving a trail of blood everywhere, she did glance at the pale blue cloth, it was now red. Up on the dock though her slightly sour frame of mind was lightened a little with a familiar face. "Well what a wonderful night to meet an old card sharp. Cabrera, its been a long time, how are you old man...oh and its Captain now by the way." She of course couldn't prove that with her lack of uniform, maybe she should get a tattoo.

"McFearson, I've not touched a pack since you lot left. To be blunt young lady, I couldn't afford it any longer." He grinned at her, the grin of a first class liar. "Come on you two, we'll get you inside and you can tell me why the hell you're out here on a day like this. I could think of a better place to be Mike with a such a fine wench as the good 'Captain'."

"Wench? why you..." She felt like kicking him, but knew he was taking advantage of her, Elle would even the score when she felt better. "I hope you're going to defend my honor Mike." She whispered to him, using a very offended southern belle accent.

:yes:
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 02:04:41 AM »

Cabrera chuckled happily at the offended face he got from Elle, but then got slightly more serious as he noticed the stained rags in her hands. Without any hesitation, he threw the back pack over one shoulder, grabbed the duffel and then ushered them along from the boat.
Mike gave Elle a one-arm-hug as they walked the pier towards the cabin, “One dark night in a tight alley, when he least expects it, I'll confront him with the largest endoscope there is. Promise!” he whispered back.

Once inside and finally away from the weather, Cabrera pulled off his rain coat and pointed towards the shelves and hangers on the wall, next to the staffs lockers “Towels over there, hang you wet clothes on the hangers over the drains and then come join me in the kitchen upstairs.” He made a motion with his head towards Elle’s hands, “I’ll have a Med kit ready for you once you get there. Coffee for you both?”
“Yes please. Thank you!” Mike grinned as he pulled back the hood, opened up his life jacket and turned towards Elle, “Here, let me give you a hand with the clothes.”

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:27:21 AM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 03:24:46 AM »

"Now that is something I'd like to see." Elle whispered as best as she could; the cold dampness was getting to her now, her throat a little raspy, she began to shiver some as well. Letting both men guide her was easy now, she knew when to call in defeat, now was not the time for false bravado, as Elle realised as she looked back at the black swirling bay. Only in the nick of time did her and Mike make it to safety, the waves now as she could see clearly would have swamped their little boat.

Once inside, some warmth seeped into her, that was comforting at least. She made no protest either as Mike began to help her remove the sodden clothes, still, she felt she had missed something. "Mike...oh never mind." The fish, she remembered that great wonderful fish they had caught and the reason for her hands being the way they were. It'll keep, if the boat doesn't float away.

Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »

He quickly got out of his wet clothes and within minutes, Mike also had Elle out of her damp ones and rustled around in her duffle for a thick sweater, some warm tights and a pair of dry socks.
Amazing how different one worked in occasions like this, something that in another environment would be wonderful and exciting, right now was just down right clinical and almost in to survival mode – getting your partner warm and dry, nothing more than that. As a last action, he put a towel over her hair and carefully massaged her head and hair to get most of the sea water out, then let it rest over her shoulders.
“Never mind – what?” He said as he crouched next to his back pack to retrieve some dry clothes for himself.  Even if he felt warm enough by now - walking around in his underwear would probably not be taken lightly. One second later, Mike slapped his forehead with palm and grunted, “The fish…”
He put on a t-shirt, a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and as he zipped it up, he said, “Look, the fish will be fine down there for another hour or so. I’ll get down there later and take care of it, alright? For now though, let’s get up stairs and have look at those hands of yours… and get you something hot to drink. Come here,” Mike held out an arm towards her, “You’re shivering and almost turning blue.”

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:51:30 PM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

Now that Cabrera was out of sight (hopefully) Elle relaxed a little more, not before letting out a rather loud sneeze that she only just caught on that back of her forearm. She was more than grateful for Mike's attention and if she was completely honest with him, straight up as always, Elle would have told him so, if only she could stop her teeth chattering. The toweling was nothing short of wonderful and even in that small gesture she began to feel some warmth seep back into her bones, a low chuckle came from her lips in words. "Bloody summer eh Mike?" It was then, just as she was about to say something else she noticed his battered and bruised ribs.

"Oh Mike." It came out as a moan and Elle knew exactly where his injuries came from, she also to a large degree felt responsible as well, which came with the words she spoke softly as she buried her wrapped head in his chest. "How can I make that up to you? God how have you even coped with it?" For certain it looked very painful, she knew for sure he must have few cracked ribs to go with the bruises.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 03:00:29 AM »

He pushed her away for a second, holding her shoulders and looked her straight in her eyes, “No Elle. No. Don’t blame yourself for this. It was Not. Your. Fault. You didn’t do this, the zombie-thingy did. So don’t you dare take the blame for this! I chose to step inside that room, I could have sent someone else in there, but I chose to go myself, ok?”
Mike pulled her in close again, closed his eyes in the embrace, held her tight and remained silent for almost a minute before he replied.
“In my world there isn’t much to cope with. I’m a bit banged up yes. It hurts, but I’ll heal and make a full recovery. The times I’ve been wounded in action are easily counted and never anything serious, so I don’t have much to compare it with.” He let out a snort-like chuckle, “Heck, I felt 10 times worse after Coops got injured than I do now after this encounter with the creatures… then again, ask me in the morning when I’ve had a night without being more or less unconscious for 10 hours.”
Pulling in a breath full of Elle’s sent mixed with the salty remnants of sea water, he then cupped her face in his hands, “So trust me, I’ll be fine” and gave her a deep kiss.

“Hey you, down there!”
It was Cabrera’s voice that cut through the air, out of sight, but still loud enough to almost wake up the dead, “Are you coming? The coffee’s getting cold!”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »

<At sea>

~MV Cavalinha~

{Master Jorge Bosques} NPC

The storms lashing the entire western coast, from The Flood north over two hundred kilometers to the far south some fifteen hundred kilometers had turned into veritable hurricane of medium strength. Winds and high seas pounded the shore line relentlessly in the space of less than thirty minutes, while forecasts were given and the danger obvious, fishermen still braved the conditions, knowing their lives could be endangered. For them it was a matter of making a lively hood, or going broke, having the banks foreclose on their debts.

Jorge had been one of those fishermen masters having to chose between paying his crew, paying off the loan for his one hundred and fifty tonne trawler and making a small profit; or allowing his financiers to demand the sale of his assets to recover the almost three and half million crowns he owed them. The risk he thought was worth it as he had been fishing these seas almost his entire eighty three years from the old sail boats to the new diesel powered vessels built for the new fleet under the guidance and tutelage of the people from Earth. But for him, this particular storm was unprecedented, nothing of its kind had been experienced in living memory of the Cavalieros, although records would show that it was perhaps one of those once in thousand year events.

"Coast Guard, Coast Guard, this is Master Jorge Bosques of the Trawler Cavalinha. We're twenty miles south west of the Light, we've lost our rudder and I have two crewmen injured, one of them badly. The Life Boat Tubarão has a tow line to us, but she to has taken damage, losing her radio and radar masthead." His voice over the radio was rough, tired and weary, almost barely audible over the sound of the storm in the background.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 01:40:13 AM »

It didn't make her feel too much better in this instance anyway, but the kiss did as she returned it just as deeply. Yet still in a way it became a sharing of guilt as neither of them should have been put in that position. Once this was all over, the SGC was going to receive a rather long and nasty letter on McKay's incompetence under fire and the fact by his insistence that the 'thing' be examined onboard the Dreadnought rather than Zulu station once it had been cleared, endangered not only Mike, but possibly the entire crew of her ship. She held him closely, taking in his very masculine odor mixed with that wonderous smell of the sea. "Okay." She murmured softly. "But you're not getting away with it that easy bucko." Then off course there was the other side of the coin always lurking somewhere nearby. "I think from now on, I'm going to keep a very short leash on you Michael Jaworski, if only to keep you out of trouble." Then again she knew he would be saying exactly the same to her.

From then on she had to change, modesty with Mike was not a question. Gratefully she took the garments he had retrieved for her, the only exception was she never brought along a spare bra, not even thinking she'd need one. Briefs she had and the only alternative she had to keep her womanhood in check was the skimpy stringed bikini top she had, red of all colours. Elle grabbed that from the bag, slipping it on quickly with the neck already tied, she stood then so Mike could do the back for her. "We're coming old man, keep your knickers on!" She shouted back at Mureñjo. "We could um....you know, just to keep him waiting." She giggled at Mike like a teenager, thinking much the same thoughts.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »

He gave Elle an amused look as he looked in around the lobby, "You know, first of all, Cabrera is probably not alone here on the station and secondly,” Mike stomped a few times at the brick covered floor, "Way to un-yielding for my liking, so first things first meaning;” he made motion with his chin and looked at Elle’s impromptu bandage, “…your hands. Let’s. Go.” Mike grabbed their bags and motioned for Elle to get ahead of him upstairs.

The room they entered was a large combined living room and kitchen. Sofas and armchairs to the right and to the left a bar divided the cooking area from the dining area where a large table with about a dozen chars around it. There were also a map of the Flood and western coastline on one wall and next to it was the radio station.
As they stepped inside, there came some scattered “Hey” and “Good to see you” from the 5 men sitting at various places in the room. Some playing cards, another one had a laptop in front of him and one was half asleep in one of the arm chairs, one could say, it was pretty much like any station at Earth would have looked like during some down time.

Cabrera waved at them to come over and sit down by the dining table and placed two steaming coffee mugs in front of them. The first aid kit was already in place on the table.
When they came closer, he gave Mike a scrutinizing look and pointed towards the now very evident bruises in his face, “Somehow I didn’t take you for a man participating in a bar fight, doc?” He nodded towards Elle, “Or has she had a bad influence on you?”
Mike shot a fast look at Elle as he sat down in the chair, shaking his head and grinned, “Naah, it was more like a patient that didn’t appreciate my bedside manors.”
Cabrera raised a brow and his voice was full of doubt, “Yeah… Right…” and looked at Elle for a confirmation or dismissal.

The radio came to life at the other side of the room:
"Coast Guard, Coast Guard, this is Master Jorge Bosques of the Trawler Cavalinha. We're twenty miles south west of the Light, we've lost our rudder and I have two crewmen injured, one of them badly. The Life Boat Tubarão has a tow line to us, but she to has taken damage, losing her radio and radar masthead."

One of the other men jumped up and hit the reply button, “Cavalinha, Coast Guard here. Copy that. Do you have a more exact position, over?”

Cabrera didn’t waste any time, but crossed the room in a few fast paces and grabbed the phone with a direct line to the Alpha site hangar bay, waiting for them to reply.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 06:35:11 PM »

<At sea>

~MV Cavalinha~

{Master Jorge Bosques} NPC

One could hear the sound of cursing in the background despite the fury of the storm. "Damnit I can see your bloody light, we be south west of that, now 18 miles. Your  life boat may have to cut the line or he'll be lost to, we're taking water and the pumps are starting to overheat." The man checked his GPS for just a second. "31.9522 degrees South, 115.8589degrees East." He repeated, that would soon put them in visual range of the station lookout.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 02:25:00 AM »

{Seaman 1st Class Dale Fisher USN} NPC

*Blue Phone*

"Seaman Fisher SAR office."

***************

Elle grabbed the clean tee shirt from the bench, pulling it over her head quickly; that bikini was far to skimpy for her to be parading around the station, she knew and by the look on Mike he knew it to. Why did she pack the red one? Simple, she never expected to wear anything else with Mike other than her birthday suit. "When Chalmers first helped them set it up I think it was twelve in total on two shifts, not including the boat crews. I doubt that has changed much." Possibly not, but knowing the Cavaleiros, they had a penchant for finding work for their people, which was a good thing. Looking at those hands made her wretch, they were her tools of trade, everything Elle did was with her hands, or her mouth as the case may be and she knew Mike was just as anxious to see them mended. She held them upwards so there wouldn't be a trail of blood across the lovely clean floor, she began the climb upstairs all the while feeling as if this was only a prelude to something worse.

Once upstairs they entered a familar scene, not that Elle personally had been here, not inside at least. Yet most of the faces she knew, if not old friends from Foreston, people she and Mike had met at some point in the past. "G'day." She said in her laconic Aussie drawl. When Cabrera spoke again, naturally it was in his usual banter with Mike, she refrained from throwing back an insult at either of them, somehow this storm was beginning to weigh down on her. Elle sat heavily down on one of the sofas, looking at her feet.

Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »

NPC - Captain Mureñjo Cabrera, plus a few more Coast guards. Native Cavalieros

The coffee smelt heavenly, but when Mike saw Elle slump down in the sofa, he gave the cup a longing look, sighed, grabbed the med kit and walked over to sit in the armchair perpendicular to her, all while he with half an ear listened to the conversation behind his back between the coast guards, the boat and the Alpha site. The coffee would just have to wait.
“Alright hun, hands on the table. Let’s see what that fishing line did to you,” he said as he opened up the med kit.

Cabrera noted the coordinates on a white board as they came out through the loud speaker, then the phone was picked up at the other end.
“Cabrera here. We need aerial assistance.” His voice had a no-nonsense tone, very different from the one he’d had only a minute ago when harassing the, in his eyes, young doctor. “There’s a fishing boat adrift at the following coordinates: 31.9522 degrees South, 115.8589 degrees East.” He covered the mouthpiece and spoke to Iñigo by the radio, “Tell them to light signal the Rafaella that they have permission to cut the wire and letting them know help is on the way”

Iñigo nodded and relayed the message and in the end added, “What kind of injuries are we talking about on you men. Over.”

Cabrera turned to the card playing Alejandro who now had started to stash away the deck and get ready to get to work, “Get to the look out and help Luca keep track of things from there,” before getting back on line with the Alpha site. “The boat is taking in water and has two injured crew men, but I don’t know as to what extent yet. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve got more information.”
Once again he covered the mouthpiece and called across the room as he waited for a reply, “Mike! If bad comes to worse, do you think you give us a hand?” He was pretty sure about the answer to the question, but it was still one he felt he needed an answer to.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 08:16:15 PM »

It was an effort to lean forward from the deep and ever so comfortable sofa, Elle could have easily stayed right where she was so that she could drift off into Neverland. When she finally managed to sit up and do as Mike asked, peeling off the blood sodden remnants of the tee shirt, she felt like throwing up again to see those slices across the palms of her hands. One very neat cut on her left and two in a line parallel to one another on the right. "That fish had better be damned well worth it Mike, god I never thought for a to let it go. Kinda dumb wasn't it?" She only hoped that there wasn't any nerve damage, that would totally ruin her day.

She hadn't really being paying attention to what was going on around her just something about a fishing boat in trouble, that wasn't new out here in the Monsoon season. Yet when Cabrera asked Mike if he could assist if needed she knew what that meant, a helo winch. "No way Mike. You can radio instructions, its too bloody dangerous and you are still hurt by the way." Who would be flying in this anyway?
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

lethal-pageant