Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Level 27 - Briefing Room  (Read 22545 times)

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
Level 27 - Briefing Room
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »

Level 27 is for the most part an extension of Level 28, with the exception of two key areas. The SGC's main briefing room is located on this level, with a large retractable window overlooking the gate room. Here, SGC personnel meet, frequently with the Base Commander, to discuss mission specifics, take part in mission debriefings, or meet with important delegations.

The briefing room contains a large table with seating for up to ten people and an audio/visual unit to display data. A security monitoring system records all events that take place here and a stairwell leads down to the Stargate monitoring room.

The Base Commander's office is attached to the briefing room and a transparent window from the Commander's office opens into the briefing room along with a separate entrance from either the briefing room or neighbouring hallway. The Commander's office has access to all key SGC systems, as well as a phone to the Joint Chiefs (based at the Pentagon) and a special hotline directly to the office of the President.

Just outside the Commander's office is the office of his aide and direct elevator access.

(*note* We originally had posts for the Briefing Room in with the Commander's Office thread, but all future posts meant for the Briefing Room are to go in here.)
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
Re: Level 27 - Briefing Room
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

<<from Level 17>>

Lt Gen. Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)
Secretary of the Navy Ramon Mobius (NPC)

The elevator pinged and the doors opened, with Secretary Mobius exiting first, followed by Jack, then Sean.  It wasn't very far to the briefing room, and once Sean unlocked the door and opened it, Mobius was the first to walk in.  He flipped the light switch to the "on" position, and the flourescent lights flickered a few times before fully brightening.  Jack wasn't far behind, nor was Sean whom immediately walked over to the radio and sat down in the chair.  One of the lights on the nearby computer console was flashing; Sean pressed it and listened to the playback of the recorded transmissions:

"SGC, this is Mead, on Poppa-Fife-Foxtrot-Two-Two-X-Ray. Passcode Sierra-Golf-Seven-Alpha-Mike-Niner-Niner. The Jaffa are under attack by an unknown enemy. Our mission to find out about the Warlord was successful, though the rest of SG-7 has been captured by him. Send a team with tracking capabilities. Position at the gate is tenuous at best. Will hold as best I can till reinforcements arive. How copy, over?"

"Mead this is Harriman...hold as best as you can, find cover... I'll get the Admiral down here asap. He's off radio at the moment..."

"How long ago were those transmissions made, Admiral?" Jack wanted to know, bracing his arms against the console but leaning in to listen.

"I'd say about five, maybe six minutes ago, sir," Sean replied, touching the screen and dragging the little indicator to the left, effectively "rewinding" the recording.  "Looks like the original contact came from Papa-Fife-Foxtrot-Two-Two-X-Ray."  Sean tried to look up exactly where that was, but caught the frown on Jack's face along with the worried tone.  "Thedif.  One of the worlds held by the Free Jaffa Nation."  A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up, and the general shook his head.  "It was bad enough trying to patch things up with that particular bunch after that fiasco with the Sun Tzu.  How long has SG-Seven been on-site?"

"I'd just dispatched them shortly before the CIC arrived, sir.  Diplomatic mission, and had a CIA operative with them."

Jack nodded slowly. "By the way, Admiral.  That no-name you wanted in here?  Met him while we had him as a prisoner.  Former Ori Templar, left for dead by his own men and we brought him here to patch him up then shipped him off to a high security complex.  Doctor Jackson and Teal'c managed to swing him to our side, then after I had a long chat with him, he wanted to stay here on Earth.  I thought he'd be a perfect fit for the Corps, and when they accepted him, he made a lot of headway in a hurry.  Currently holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, and his background is a lot like yours."

Sean grunted.  "He's not SEAL trained, is he?"

"Close, but not quite.  SpecOps, mostly.  Headed up one of our detachments until the funding ran out, and now he's looking for a new assignment."

"What's his name?"

"Donavan Lee, but everyone calls him 'Preacher'."

Sean leaned back in his chair and thought it over.  He nodded slowly.  "I'll put him to work, sir.  In fact, I just may have the perfect assignment for him." He got up from his chair and quickly walked into his office. "If you don't mind...?" he looked at both Jack and Mobius, and Mobius was the one to speak up.

"I'll tell everyone to wait, Sean.  Don't worry."

<<Sean to Base Commander's office>>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:14:31 AM by Kendrall »
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »

Sarah followed the others into the briefing room.  She stood quietly at attention, letting the men talk.  At the moment there wasn't much for her to say.  Her eyes didn't miss anything though as she listened and watched the screen.  The capture of SG-7 was not a good thing.  And they certainly had their work cut out for them trying to rescue the crew.  A slight shudder ran down her spine at the thought.  Surely since not much time had passed they still had a good chance of a rescue without loss of life.

Sarah listened as Jack and Sean talked about the other man that Sean had picked out to come down with them.  Donovan Lee?  Hmm, he sounded like he could be quite useful.  She caught Sean's eye before he walked out, not sure if he wanted her to join him or not.  She was willing and able to do whatever her next assignment would be.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »

Col George Sanderson

George stood in the corner mainly listening and thinking, his arms crossed and lent over to General O'Neill, Who George knew Fred had gotten along well with the General during his time as an SG team leader and the base commander "Sir, I'm Sure Major Rivers is already arming up. I'm also sure if the Admiral can rush together the rest of his SG team, or at least tell him he'd be ready to extract SG seven ASAP." George knew Fred's team probably wouldn't be picked, but as George's XO he felt he had to try and get Fred and his team in the Game ASAP. Especially given the fact Fred had previously been part of the UKSF Search and Rescue team this seamed to be a perfect mission for his skill set. It also didn't hurt that Fred and Gary had some of the largest amount of combat experience. he wasn't sure though, but almost everybody who outranked them in international termed were either from the Navy or Air force, and in Georges experience those two forces didn't stress combat skills from day one like the Army did.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:40:30 PM by majorfred »

Ares

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »

Having ridden down with Sarah, he'd quietly and unobtrusively stepped to the side once exiting and stood near the wall just inside the briefing room, his hands folded behind his back in grand-rest posture, slipping into the at ease stance with habitual ease.  His head and gaze remained facing forward though his dark blue eyes scanned the room.  He'd been in here before, years before, and the memory struck him briefly..

Quote from: SGC Med Bay Circa end of Arc of Truth
He sat up, disoriented, his ears ringing with noises he didn't understand or recognize, and felt hands on his shoulders and chest, pushing him back down.  His initial instinct was to fight, to push them off and grab something to fight with, but he found he could barely move his hands, let alone fight.  He saw clear tubes in his arm, and his chest was suddenly on fire, breathing was near impossible.  The hands holding him belonged to Tau'ri solders, their green uniforms standing out against the stark gray of the curtain walls around the bed he lay on.  He tried to make a hateful glare on his face but all he could muster was a twitch of his brow. 

"Don't worry, son.  You're not in any danger.  My medical team would highly disapprove of such things, since they took so much time to get you back from the brink as it is."  The rolling voice came from the end of the bed, a man in a blue shirt with grey at the temples, and badges on epaulets on his shoulders.  The other man, the silver haired commander he knew as Jack O'Neill, stood beside him, arms crossed, a dubious expression on his face. 

"You cannot keep me prisoner... the Ori..." 

"Are wiped out, kid." O'Neill cut in, shaking his head, and muttering to the other man, "I told you some of these people wouldn't just drop it cause they found out the Ori were just fakes..."  The other uniformed man frowned some and leaned his hands on the end of the bed, toward him.

"Your people left you for dead... abandoned you.  They didn't even try and reclaim their dead when they hightailed it."  Donovan's eyes closed slowly, the physical pain in his body was only a minor thing compared to the ache deeper within.  He knew about the Ori, he'd had his suspicions long before the Arc revealed it's truths.  A deeper resonant voice spoke from the side of the curtain out of sight.

"O'Neill..."  The silver haired commander padded to the side and lifted his chin and one brow. "Do you remember my pride?  How I was when you first asked me to help you on Chu'lak?"  O'Neill was quick to grasp what Teal'c was referring to, and glanced sidelong at him in the bed, his expression more thoughtful. 

"When he's patched up, ship him to holding.  We'll have a talk or two when he's not doped out of his mind."

Snapping back to the present, he saw the Admiral leave his office, and he was fairly concerned.  Had they discovered he wasn't enlisted anymore?  Had they reconsidered his freedom?  So many things were unknown, and it took everything in his considerable training and will to remain stoic and outwardly calm while his mind raced with potential calamity.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:13:42 PM by Ares »

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »

'Just as usual..."

Elena thought, mentally cursing the trail of events of the last few days. Yes, a trip to homeland after many years of service at SGC was very much appreciated, but she didn't even make it to her hometown, instead stuck in various commands, running from one spot in Moscow to another like a hamster high on coffee. Not even a free hour to sightsee a little, refresh some memories. And now it seemed that she also managed to get late to something important at the base either. Just as usual. She will probably late to her own funeral, that's for damn sure.

The tightened security suggested that either something big was going on, or some "big" person was present at the base, but the running soldiers and hustling and bustling officers suggested sooner the former than latter. At least her security card still worked. A few men recognized her and told Lena that she was just in time and needed to report to Admiral ASAP, as she still was SG-4 leader as far as they remembered, so she didn't even bother to stop by her room and change into american uniform, rushing to the elevators and hitchhiking rides down to the 27th level. Beside the haste, she simply didn't had those silver thingies of her new rank to put on shoulders. Her eyebrows raised in surprise just for a moment as she realized who was the man seating in the room and cleared her throat before entering and addressing Jack. Something definitely was going on.

"Comrade General, Lieutenant Colonel Ovcharenko reporting for duty. I apologize for being later than planned today if I missed anything important, but I got stuck at the Russian High Command for good part of the day. Got to SGC as fast as I could."

Ovcharenko stood there at attention, stars of a Lt. Col. just out of the mint shone on her shoulders with golden fire.

((OOC: NG, Fred, Kendrall said it's fine ;) ))

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:57:22 AM by VagabonD SerpenT »
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »

Sarah nodded at Donovan as they stepped off the elevator together.  She thought he looked slightly familiar, but now was not the time to worry about that.  Sean had wanted him there, so she wasn't going to question the Admiral.  Right now there were more important things to worry about, like SG-7's rescue.

The major stood by the wall while others started to file in.  She still had no idea where Sean was disappearing to, but he hadn't given her any sign that she was supposed to follow, so for the moment she would stay put.  He would call if need be.  She kept track of everyone that was coming in, making a mental note of which teams were represented.  Or at least that's what she was telling herself.  She also stood off to the side a bit, not wanting to get too close to anyone.  Just in case.  One never knew what could happen.  There was only a very small few who she trusted right now and one of them had just left her here with the others as they came in.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »

<<From Level 17>>

There was already quite the crowd gathered when Robert got there, including an old friend. Last he'd heard, she was back in her homeland - and she must have only just returned to the SGC. "Welcome back, Colonel," he greeted her, as he brushed past the Russian officer.

Still not feeling particularly talkative, he was content to wait for Admiral Davidson - who was conspicuously absent - to get this briefing underway.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

flubber2kool

• Staff Sergeant
  • flubber2kool A new starter.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »

{Colonel Cam Mitchell}

Cam sat in the back of the vehicle that was taking him in to the mountain. It felt strange to be going back after the battle now that he wouldn't be met by the rest of SG-1. He lived in hope that he could get the team back together but somehow he doubted it. Daniel had gone in to semi-retirement and Teal'c had gone home to be with Ishta and to work with the Free Jaffa. Sam was the CO of the Dreadnought. Taking all that in to account he just couldn't see it happening.

'So what now?' he thought to himself, as he went through the security checks. 'I guess I will have to wait and see.'

Eventually he found his way to the briefing room. It was filled wilth people. Cam looked around to see if he could see Admiral Davidson to introduce himself. However, after a few sweeps of the room, it became obvious that he wasnt there.

'Hurry up and wait. Some things never change.  Cam found himself a wall and leant his back against it.

He knew that he was here for a reason. All he needed to do was to find out what that reason was and how he fitted in to things.

The Doctors are in the house!

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

<<From Level 17>>

Spook stepped off the elevator and the minute she got around the tall red haired man in the hall she takes off double timing it all the way to the briefing room calling back over her shoulder to the man "I don't know who your waiting for but everyone will be in the room down here."  Reaching the briefing room she takes a quick look around for the Admiral's aide heading straight for the person responds "Just so you know there is some red head waiting outside your office." She falls silent moving back against the wall.

<<Hayley - From the base gym>>

Jen heard there was something bad happening with one of the teams and she comes speeding in and heads straight for General O'Neill stopping in front of him and snapping to attention salutes him holding the salute.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »

Col George Sanderson.
Mjr Fred Rivers
SSgt Gary Carter

Fred and Gary had changed in to full DPM, Gary in his full gear, his PLCE webbing on, his L85 over his shoulder with a SIG P226 in his leg holster and his M4 shotgun in its Mollie Sheath attached to his back. Fred was a little behind. his Plate carrier in his left hand and his rifle in his right. he dropped both on the table and finished doing up the buttons the fatigues neither saluted or either spoke. both were panting for breath having run straight to their rooms to grab their kit and then to the briefing room. Gary was doubled over coughing after a good twenty years of smoking it was to be expected. Fred finally managed to get his carrier on and his rifle attached to the single point sling and looked up at Jack who had gone up a rank or two since they had last spoken. Fred nodded a little still breathing heavily.
"Sir." he said as George smiled in the corner proud that they had been ready first. Fred looked over at Captain Huges quickly and said.
"I was going to grab your stuff from the Armoury, but im not sure what's yours, sorry." he said as his breathing managed to stabilise and he made some final adjustments to his gear and he and carry pulled out the dark olive watch caps and pulled them on. Standing at the far end of the table, feeling a little odd after being the only ones to be fully kitted so quickly. Fred had no idea how Gary had managed it, but he knew it was from his time in the SBS, when they had been doing the ice training you had to be able to run, jump in a pool of freezing water fully clothed, climb out, change ASAP and get running again before your muscles froze.

Rodgin Kemph

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »

Harly slipped into the briefing room, obviously later than almost everyone. She took a mental note to change her dress procedures and find a way to shave off some time. Fortunately, she was there before Admiral Davidson was back out of his office. She was fast enough, just wished she was faster.

Ares

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »

Made note of each arrival, and how they seemed to treat the briefing room.  Some simply strolled in and seemed to fit, others seemed like him, anxious about it's potential meaning.  He hadn't missed O'Neill's presence, and his jaw muscles worked briefly as he fought the urge to step away from the wall and approach the man to ask a few questions. 

Catching the woman's head nod, he inclined his head back, but kept silent, stoic, and though he stood at-ease, there was anything but in his posture; back straight, shoulders squared, head up and straight forward, as if someone could run into him and he'd be as unyielding as the wall he stood next to as he waited.

Calleigh Caine

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 01:00:09 AM »

Calleigh stops goes over to Spook Tapping her on the shoulder and she hands her the weapon Load out.  She fills out her forms signing to confirm she dropped off the load.  She leans against the wall tired as all get up as she has not slept much...for the past few days... She overhears Spook say to the Admeral's Aide about A Red head. She perks up but didn't catch on as of yet...and keeps going on about her business as told.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:07:18 AM by Calleigh Caine »

Colorado_Cowgirl

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »

Feeling the tap on her shoulder Spook turns and looks at the blonde she had spoken to upstairs who is holding out her gear which Spook takes strapping it on she replies "Thanks Cal wasn't it? I'm guessing the Doc asked if you could bring my stuff down to me right?  That would be just like her." Spook then falls silent looking around to see if she can get at the coffee.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

lethal-pageant