Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Level 27 - Briefing Room  (Read 20134 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
Re: Level 27 - Briefing Room
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »

“8 o’clock see you all then,” and with a nod towards them all, Tim headed out towards the corridor and elevator down to his quarters. A fast glance at his watch to try and calibrate his internal clock to being back on earth told him he was in no hurry at all. A shower, a shave and a trip to the barber. In that order, and hopefully there would still be time for a short shut eye before heading down town.

>> To quarters >>

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »

<From quarters>

Jon strode into the briefing room, cup of coffee and breakfast pastry in hand. He found a strategic corner and planted himself in it. He offered respectful greetings to the others in the room and set about consuming his breakfast in silence, waiting for someone else to get things rolling. There was occasionally a certain relief in being a junior officer, like not having to be in charge. Of course, sometimes that was the most annoying part of being a junior office - not being in charge.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 08:18:13 PM by Bluebell722 »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

Colonel Louis Feretti

Louis had already been in to the briefing room, and he had dumped his bags in the corner, two large hold alls, a large ruck sack and a Magazine-less and modified CAR-15 lay there. Of course Ferretti wasnt a gun nut, well okay he was a little, but not like some. However like his Glock from the Abydose mission, he had carried the CAR-15 since the return mission to Abydose, and he knew he was far from a grunt, he wanted to have weapons he knew. He had been round the corner and down the hall talking to the British Colonel. George Sanderson. Though Louis knew the SG-12 leader, Major Rivers the best out of the British at the SGC, he still knew George. When he returned he wore the standard green fatuiges of the SGC, with his name tape on, plus his rank on the collar, a Gamma site patch and a Earth POA patch on the sleeves, under the fatuiges though he wore a black and white AC/DC T-shirt, and over it he wore a Black Crossdraw tactical vest. With his glock in the holster. Like the CAR-15 he didnt expect to ever really use them, though he planned to wear the Glock on his hip everywhere, hell he did it at home all the time as well. He was ready and raring to go to his new command. He wasnt to fond of all of this waiting, so he nodded to the young man in the Briefing room not bothering to look for a rank, so many SGC Personel didnt wear rank on their uniform, or he didnt back in the day. He just guessed the kid was far to young to be a colonel. He flopped in to a near by chair and wheeled it over to the large window looking over the gate, wedged his elbow on to the lip and supported his head against it. he had missed this place, and if he was honest, he had felt, happy when he had locked up his empty house. He had bought it when he left the SGC, but had paused all the water, gas and eletric so he wouldnt have to worry about a huge bill coming back. He gave a content sigh as he lent back in the chair, pulled out his phone and checked any last emails. He didnt intend to be a troublesome base phoning home every day, he would stick to the weekly check ins as much as possible, and that meant a week between personal emails making it to the Gamma site, not like the Internet reached that corner of the galaxy. But there was nothing. he sighed as he pocketed his phone and closed his eyes.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »

<<From Car park>>

The two days leave was more than welcomed after the drama at the Longhorn bar with Albert having all but erased it temporarily from his mind until that inevitable time he was recalled to base. His text messages were reasonably brief in that regard, the only two outstanding items of interest was the intelligence the SGC had gathered from Parks and that his ex wife had finally relented with her alimony demands accepting his offer of a one of payment. At least the kids, now adults had seen the right side of it, stepping into his defense on the issue making Jill see just how much of a b*tch she had been to him.

One other small issue arose in those two days apart from Foster's parents, was Al's old Toyota. While he had replaced the engine not so long ago some of the other parts weren't holding up too well with the gear box losing oil through a seal and the differential starting to make severe noises he decided that maybe rather than spend a small fortune restoring the old girl, he put her into storage for the time being. After that he went in search of another vehicle, still having a deep affection for the brand and the model, Al settled on a brand new fully imported 70 series Land Cruiser very similar to the one he had. It was unique in the States with most people preferring the more comfortable full cabin SUV's to the older utility designs, but that was his choice and he was lucky to find it.

Before heading to the briefing room he spent an hour in his base accommodations getting dressed then to the armory. After being fully geared up he finally made his was to level 27, finding Nealson and his old friend Ferretti already there. "Lieutenant bright and early I see. I imagine Heckman and Walker will be not far behind me." He dropped his pack on the floor then laid his rifle on the table, running his hand through his hair, it was still wet from the shower. "Ferretti you old war dog when did they drag you out? I thought you had retired long ago?" He stuck his hand out in greeting.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:18 PM »

<<From Rooms>>

Trying to recover from the 48 hour pass was like waking up after an all night bender, not that Bonnie had ever experienced an event like that but she had seen her brother Max go through it enough times when she was a kid to have a feel for what it was like. In her case it was just the sheer joy of spending that time with Bryan, the two of them chillaxing as much as humanly possible, which naturally saw them get involved in one or three street races. She was still coming down from that and the moments the two of them had alone when she checked in very early this morning. She heard the Colonel speak as she came in from the side door passed the CO's office; saw Jon and a face she didn't know but the name was SGC history. "Walker will be here in five minutes sir. Lieutenant Nealson you made it back safely." She dipped her head, no familiarity now they were back on hallowed turf. "Colonel Ferretti I'm so pleased to meet you, I'm a big fan sir." She was one of those NCO's who took great pride in reading as much of the Program histories she was allowed to, that first mission to Abydos being one of her favorites.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2018, 11:03:59 AM »

<<from rooms>>

Bryan yawned a bit as he got dressed.   The past two days had been great.  He hadn't had a chance to spend much time with Bonnie and he had finally been able to make up for it.  Bryan has stopped long enough to grab coffee and a bagel.

"Good morning, everyone, " he said, moving to find a seat.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
« Reply #516 on: July 04, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »

Colonel Louis Ferretti

Louis frowned as he watched the team leader put a rifle on the table, sure he had brought his weapons to the briefing room, but thats because he had brought them from home and wasnt quite sure when he would me shuffled on to the Gamma site. He stood to greet Colonel Reynolds and shook his hand. He had an odd relationship with the SGC team leader, first Reynolds had worked with the NID and that had instantly put him on rocky footing when they first met, then as the leader of SG-16 he had made a few boo boos as far as Ferretti was concerned, namely following regulations over logic, the time he shot a gate builder that was friends with Sam Carter came to mind, and of course when he took over SG-3 they had conflicting mission time tables but during the little amount of time in the rought two years Ferretti and Reynolds had both been leaders of single digit teams they had got on, as well as collegues did. Ferretti was also sure he held a little resentment for him through his dislike of SG-3 who very quickly took over the support role for SG-1 over his team. Be was about to reply to the other colonel when the young woman spoke up. He didnt quite know what to say, he was sure if it was genuin though it sounded like something you said to a retired sports star, so just went with.
"Yeah, hope it made your day kid." He then turned to Reynolds.
"Yeah Jack realized I was going a little mental with retirement. Sure it beat being shot out by Jaffa, but still, dealing with the Home Owners Association just aint as exciting as exploring some alien world. So I've been asked to take over the Gamma site."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2018, 12:02:58 AM »

Ian stepped out of the office clad in his NWU Woodland fatigues, and headed straight into the briefing room.

"SG-9, I've got an op for you and I'm briefing you personally on it since there are a few details we need to nail down about it. Especially if none of you have played the same game as Tier One does before." Ian said, "Colonel Ferretti, Vice Admiral Ian McRaven. Jack's told me all about you, glad to have you back in the saddle. From my understanding, the advance teams are already at the Gamma Site and the Apollo is arriving with some of your heavy gear. Are you all set or is there anything else you need from me?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »

<<From CO's office>>

Cheryl was on speed walk, she didn't have much time so she passed through the Briefing Room moments before the Admiral leaving the intelligence reports on the table for SG9.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »

"I'd rather face a hundred angry Jaffa than that irreverent mob of losers Lou. Glad to have you back in the fold anyway." Many things had changed over the years, one of the most outstanding was Al's dedication to the Program and all the people involved. He was a million miles from the old NID. He looked at McRaven with a curious eye. "Go on sir, this sounds like the exact thing our team needs."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #520 on: July 07, 2018, 04:30:05 PM »

Colonel Louis Ferretti

Louis nodded, at least he and Reynolds could agree on that. How didnt want to dislike Reynolds, and he really didnt actully dislike him anyway, it was just hard to be 'chummy' with him. Though he knew the man to be a solid SG team leader. So had Maypeace and he turned out to be rotten to the core. He then looked to the admiral and reached out a hand to shake he would be serving under this man, he knew about him but not to much. He didnt want to say it but the phrase 'before my time' came to mind. He did wonder though, if this was a man he could disobey. Not that he planned to. But he knew sometimes, it could happen. He had disobeyed plenty of orders in his time, and he had been part of a few cover ups, some had come to light, like Doctor Jackson on Abydos, and others were still his secret to bare. But he had seen Jack Disobey the President before, plus General Hammond. So at the very least if he did end up doing it, he would be in good company.
"Nothing at all Sir." He said.
"I'm just eager to get to my new base." He said before adding.
"And I promise not to shoot any scientists. At least not the ones we can afford to loose."

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #521 on: July 08, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »

Jon edged closer to Bonnie and Bryan, still working on his breakfast.

"Are they always like this?"

He remembered what Ferretti was like, or he thought he had. Granted, he hadn't seen Ferretti in years, and he hadn't seen Ferretti with the new guys. Had he been like this before? Suddenly he felt bad for both his COs and his junior officers.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #522 on: July 08, 2018, 11:14:38 PM »

Before answering Bonnie looked around, giving Colonel Ferretti a sincere smile first. "You did sir, nothing like being in company with one of the originals. You know we non coms always are hoping some of your magic will rub off on us."

She then moved slightly to the far end of the table nearer to Bryan and Jon, who like her was just slightly bemused with the situation. "No not normally. Whoever our commander has been in the past generally had the situation in hand by doing one briefing at a time, making any other wait in line. I'm sure the admiral will get the picture soon t'otherwise he'll go bonkers! Ain't that right Bryan?" Both of them had experienced it recently, the confusion caused by way too many talking at once or too many conversations going at once to be more precise.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2018, 12:46:27 AM »

Ian nodded and stepped over to shake hands with Lou, "Then I wish you fair winds and calm seas, Colonel. Once Colonel Davidson is away, you should be next, unless the Alpha Site sends us their people ricky tick, at which point, you'll go after that. I know General Landry didn't want this place being the Grand Central Station of the Multiverse, but it seems to play that role for just one universe."

"In the meantime, get settled in, and if you need anything, we're a gate dial away." Ian said, and let Lou grab his things and take his leave before taking his seat at the head of the table.

"SG-9, as for you, you're about to get chucked into the deep end of how Tier One operators play the game. I've got an operation that takes place here on Earth, but you're not going to be hamstrung and running on a shoestring budget to keep up the cover." Ian said, glancing around the table, "For those of you who don't know who I am, I was, until three days ago, head of Special Operations Command, and I've held command positions with JSOC and down the chain with the SEALs. As far as anyone knows, I'm pulling a unique posting where I still nominally hold command of SOCOM but tend to duties here. That means that you will have access to resources that were previously unavailable to you."

He stood up and handed the stack of duplicate folders to Reynolds to pass out before sitting back down.

"We were told that Ba'al has assets in Columbia, Cartagena more specifically. He's evidently running some warehouses down there. I had USSOUTHCOM run intel along with local assets to verify, though they think this is a terrorist hunt-slash-drug cartel bust. But between the lines, everything lines up that someone is running things for him there. We're not 100% sure it's really him, but if he's got a Prime or whatever running things in his name, that's bad enough for me."

"There are two sites you're looking at. One is at the edge of town, industrial warehouse site. The other is like a storage site in the slums part of Cartagena. We've got unknown personnel, likely either Jaffa, foreign mercs, Trust agents or all of the above pulling security at both sites. They're rocking the usual tacticool kit, packing mainly Galils, MP5s, Uzis, and Glocks for sidearms. At worst, they might have a couple MGs and RPGs in the back kicking around, but everything else is the norm for the area but doesn't line up with what the cartels usually roll with." Ian paused for a moment.

"You'll be taking a VIP flight out of here to MacDill, where you'll take a C-130 to Puerto Rico, and from there, a Pave Low that'll drop you guys off in a RHIB just off the coast. I was going to just parachute you in, but given I can't seem to find any record of any of you having parachute ratings, I had to change that part. Your mission is to breach at least one of these sites, gather any intel you can, and if possible, burn the site. How you render it inoperable is up to you, bonus points if you burn both." Ian then smiled, "Now for the other good news. If this gets hot, you are not on your own. I've got Green Berets from 7th Special Forces Group waiting to either ride in on Pave Hawk DAPs with the 160th SOAR or they go in by boat with the Navy's SWCC Boat Team 20. You are not obligated to tell them squat past that you are on an OGA black bag operation. All they know is that I'm sending in a black ops team and it could go sideways. Locals will avoid interfering with you, but best you don't involve them. But the Green Berets will pull you out of the fire. Moreover, I'm getting satellite feeds piped to us from the NSA, so you will have realtime intel. Comms as well. We're not relying on cell phones, that Mickey Mouse nonsense ended three days ago."

"Now. You likely have questions, lay them on me." Ian said.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2018, 05:15:56 AM »

Colonel Louis Ferretti

Louis looked to the Admiral and nodded.
"Well, I'm sure its better than when we just had nine teams sir." he said as he turned to collect his gear, first his rifle then his back pack. He wasn't expecting have to use his rifle in the next 15 minuets so the limited movement of it wouldn't be an issue, he then grabbed his hold alls and nodded to the others and the Admiral.
"Well I will see you guys later, feel free to come and visit the Gamma site whenever you like." If he was honest he didn't quite mean it. Though he was relaxed, he didn't want people showing up with no purpose. his site was not a pit stop. He gave one last nod as he headed down the stairs to the control room.

<<Ferretti to Control Room>>
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37