Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Research Laboratory D - Doctor G. Montale  (Read 1271 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Research Laboratory D - Doctor G. Montale
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:24 AM »

The lab and workshop of Doctor Montale's was unlike most of the others on the base: This was engineering at its peak, equipped with the latest of testing instruments and other tools of trade, it often smelled of either degreasing chemicals or oil. But to Giulia it was home.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Research Laboratory D - Doctor G. Montale
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:26:55 AM »

<<From Medbay>>

"Wow!" that was the first word that came out of Melinda's mouth and it was the same word in any language. Right there in the centre of Giulia's workshop slash lab was the most amazing and advanced piece of machinery she had seen in a long time. Two things were obvious as her hand hovered near it. One it was being built and secondly it was a very snazzy electron microscope and a very powerful thing at that. One more thing that struck Mel, rule 101 when you're in another scientists domain; don't touch anything. She quickly snatched her hand away.

Looking around it was like Aladin's cave, messy but organised in a messy way. Much like her own room. "Julia where can I put my stuff down?" There didn't appear to be a clear space anywhere.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »

<<From Med bay>>

Coming into her lab, Giulia put down her laptop back where it was taken from. Then started moving things around her laboratory space to accommodate Mel, pulling over a spare seat and then smiled.

" This space do you? Sorry for the clutter, still unpacking. Well unpacking and working doesn't really mix does it. I've been dreaming of building my baby since learning about Atlantian technology. It should work so that we won't need to stabilize hydrated materials, such as biological samples or at least no more reducing thickness of your samples to ultra thin proportions. There maybe some thinning, but not to that she extent."

Setting up her own laptop again, Giulia smiled as she explained this to her friend and sister.

"If it works, you can have first dibs."

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:15 AM »

Her eyes were still starstruck, Melinda was one of those people who found anything to do with science, technology or just plain old gadgetry fascinating. She could well have chosen Physics or even Engineering like Julia had done, only that her number one passion was animals. There was a time when Mel was much younger, she thought they were the only creatures worth having as friends. But things change and eventually you have to grow up. "Perfect!" She replied dropping her well armored machine down with a thud, then followed the rest of the things she had; only her neatly hand written note book was missing, but luckily she had updated most of it before they had left on that last mission.

Now out of her wide eyed look, she gave her head a shake to remind herself that now they could get back to work, albeit under limited instructions for the moment. "I'll take you up on that Julia. I have some anemone samples that have outer shells like metal and I don't want to have to damage them just to have a look deeper into that same shell. So yes, yes I would be utterly and eternally grateful...if it works and I know it will." 
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 05:21:09 PM »

Moving a few things around to make sure there would be ample space fortune both, she grabbed a newish notebook from a drawer and tried to find a working pen.

"Well I noticed that a lot of the other scientists were having that issue, some of the materials we've been collecting, we just don't have anything that lets up cut into it for slide preparation."

Giulia responded, finally finding a working pen and set it down.

"Right so where did we leave off? That gap in the sensors seems too defined? Don't you think?"

Plonking her backside down on the stool, swirling round to face the screen.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:10:55 AM »

The young blonde listened to her friend closely, all the while watching and doing a whole lot of staring around at Julia's den. She utterly love it, everything about it made her feel comfortable. Her only wish was that she could be as casual with the room she had down the hall, but protocol dictated as both a veterinarian and one of the base medical staff, her own diggings had to be immaculate and organised to the point of ridiculous. "You know I was just thinking of something. Do you realise that we are essentially doing both Rodney and Radek's work here? I mean I know Radek is busy with that update on the city's sensors, but McKay? God he'd have kittens if he knew we were crossing into his turf."

At that point Mel had plugged in her laptop and booted it up; on power it was lightning fast now so it didn't take long before she had the Atlantis schematics up...those that were known at least. "I'm sure of it. See here? Where we were and where that door closed on us?" She pointed a fine finger at the screen. "Alarms should have gone off at Chuck's station but they didn't. So why? What were the Ancients hiding down there? Did we miss something?"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »

"We couldn't even see Mel, if it wasn't for your torch I doubt we would have found a way out. "

Giulia replied with a roll of her eyes, then brushed her hand down the side of her face while she pondered, her legs kicking the underside of her chair at a moment.

" Off the book projects perhaps? I mean we have Cayenne Mountain after all on Earth, so the Atlantians would have some where to do the off the books stuff. If I reviewed the sensor logs I bet we've been getting false information to the sensors."

Her eyebrow raised slightly as she smirked at the idea of annoying Rodney. She and him did not get on, the arrogance of the man just rubbed her all the wrong way and she wasn't the type to hold back on telling him so.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:10 AM »

Mel let out a small childish giggle at the mention of the torch and finding their way. To be truthful with herself, they would never had been in that situation in the first place if it wasn't for her and her animals, they would not have been down there if she had been more careful. But now they had been there and back it presented a new dimension for them about the base and there was something in that, something they wouldn't have known before. Then it struck her, Julia opened her eyes to something she had overlooked earlier. "My god, Julia you are so right and I can bet my last Krone that we can point our fingers at Janus. I mean we know he was doing stuff he wasn't supposed to be doing don't we?" It made sense, that had to be it. Him or someone like him at least.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 06:48:34 PM »

"And I would bet my last Euro."

Fingers tapping on the keyboard, bringing up the past sensor records as she agreed while hearty with Mel over the culprit .

"He is the most likely candidate. You know Janus in Roman mythology was the many faced God. He certainly lives up to his name. "

Throwing in casually this titbit of information, brushing her errant hair back from her face. Reading through the data she hauled up, twitching another smile as thought how this would irk Dr McKay that they were researching this possibility and not him.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »

All Mel could do was agree and she was at that point where she became both anxious and nervous, which were both much the same thing anyway. "We're wasting our time here Julia. Now that we have access to the outer door panel down below, I guarantee you could fix it, or at worst get the door fully open and lock it into place. We need to let Mister Woosley know about this honestly." She wasn't thinking overtime either, any tech not accounted for on the base could be dangerous if it fell into awkward hands. For some strange reason, Mel mirrored her friend in brushing away a stray strand of hair, she looked at Julia and all but burst out laughing. On a serious note though, they really needed to check this new level out thoroughly.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

"So much for our promise to keep out of trouble. "

She added with a raise if her eye brow and a sideways nod of sorts, then glanced at her screen again.

"Your Right, we should, there might be a radio in this chaos we can use. I think best we should make sure people know where we are this time. This time I'll bring my tool kit and a decent torch. First that Damon door, second on my list is the lighting."

Giulia gave a smile and then tried to find the radio in her mess of a lab, plucking up her scattered tools as she did so.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:19:40 AM »

That reaction brought a soft chuckle from Mel, it felt good to laugh again after so much misery. "Hey, we basically checked ourselves out with Jen's blessing and ...besides, I'm a Doctor as well anyway so I can keep an eye on our own health." Raidos yes, hopefully Chuck had sorted out the interference by now, but first things first. "I'll pick up my stuff on the way out, we then see the 'boss' together, then one of us can ask Ronon nicely to go with us again. I'll toss you for that one." She grinned wickedly on that score. So much yes for keeping out of trouble. Mel shutdown her laptop, did a long stretch of her back muscles and she was ready to go again.

<<To Woolsey's office>>
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:05 PM »

Giulia gave a half disbelieving smile at Mel, they would get themselves into trouble somehow, but at least they would take better precautions. Clipping on her radio on to her belt, she made sure she had all her tools then closed the box and picked up. Maybe she was being hopeful, but then how could Woolsey deny the chance to find new technology.

"My turn, I'll ask."

She hit a key to close her laptop and then headed out after Mel

<<to Woolsey''s office>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 02:03:10 AM »

*Previously on Stargate Atlantis*

A plan had been put in place to finally empty out the water from the basement, of course after Rodney threw his hands up in resignation. Julia, Elle and Wash were in place now to get things done; though of course with Elle's inquiring mind she asked about Juliet's fascinating machine.

MeredithMcKay on August 09, 2016, 04:17:39 PM

"I'm still fine tuning it, little kinks here and there."

Giulia responded as she zipped up her gym bag, then stood back up to her full height.

"If you could Wash, just get it set up and tested before finally getting rid of that water! Never going to swim in deep water again."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:13:41 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 02:04:54 AM »

Greenhorn on August 16, 2016, 03:52:27 PM

Wash nodded as he sorted the pumping equipment in the room from the Dread. He responded, "Got it. Might need help moving them, but I'll be done."

He set them on the hovering tray that was slightly off the floor by a few inches.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: [1] 2