Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SGC sub level 21-bunker  (Read 1174 times)

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.
Re: SGC sub level 21-bunker
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »

William flipped the device over and followed Felger's directions on how to ensure it was properly working.
"Considering we're dealing with a dead alien from thousands of years ago, I'd say they're in pretty good shape. Still trying to nail down a cause of death."

He had never performed an autopsy before, much less on an Extra Terrestrial, so he was relying on his medial knowledge of humans and hoped there were enough parallels. He was still fussing with the scanner when he heard Felger's exclamation, so he followed the scientist's gaze to the computer screen.
"Now that's someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alleyway, or anywhere for that matter. Are we sure this thing is dead?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 03:25:40 AM »

"What...hey oh..." Jay was in a state of shock momentarily. "The ancient stuff, most of it we've found works as if it were brand new, which is kind of weird. I don't think even the best of what we make would last even a fraction of that time." His hands were also shaking, that image was really dreadful. He avoided getting near it for now, choosing instead to look at his screen, and he looked hard at it. "I'd say definitely yes, no organs whatsoever, even the skeletal system seems to be all fused together as if it were a fossil."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »

That was a bit of relief.
"So basically we have a giant fossilized alien mummy that's been in this coffin for centuries or possibly longer. That's more than we had a few minutes ago."

Troy took a second look at his scanner.
"I'm picking up traces of Naquada as well as some background radiation. Even without these fancy suits the radiation levels aren't high enough to cause damage except with prolonged exposure."

As he was speaking something caught his attention.
"Ah Doc... I think the pendant has somehow been activated."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:33 AM »

Jay took another quick tentative look at the thing, yes it was definitely dead, deader than a dodo he hoped. A few more reading to, gave him some insight of the origin of the coffin thing  as well, it was Lantean, from a very old age. That was confirmed by some of the readouts on the mineral count, the SGC had logged the age and origins of many ancient artifacts and this thing was placed right down at the beginning of their technological timeline. The very instant though that William told him the pendant was active, his face went suddenly into a totally different expression, sort of like 'what the.....?'

"You're joking aren't you?" He glanced at the pendant, the red jewel was glowing slightly. "Er..no you're not. Hmmm, I could go into a mild shock state but I won't. Since nothing has happened yet and we're still in one piece, I think the best thing we do is a what you guys might call at tactical retreat. We'll lock the door down, leave the cameras on that thing and see if we can get Sam Carter to come over and look at it?"
Other than that he was clueless.
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »

Troy backed away a little from the coffin.
"It's your call, but if you feel we need to get away from here I'm not going to argue. Perhaps if we give this thing some distance it will calm down."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 09:40:25 PM »

By that reaction alone it had been settled for Jay, he didn't want to have to explain anything going wrong or awry with his name on it. "Good idea, we'll get back to the briefing room, tell the Admiral and he can take it from there." With that he pressed a remote, which slid the coffin on its trolley deeper into the bunker. The huge 12 foot thick blast door then swung slowly on its hydraulic arms to shut with a thud. "We'd better leave the suits behind." He added as he started removing the helmet.

<<To Briefing room>>
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

{Admiral Sean Davidson} NPC

*radio*

"Felger, Troy. Whatever device or artifact you found, bring it up here now please. Meet me in the Briefing room."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant