Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Game of Thrones.  (Read 799 times)

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
Game of Thrones.
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »

So being one who has read both the books and watched the show. I figured I would start this thread and see who else has been watching/reading this series. The books are very well written and the show is actually very well done as well. So give me your views and thoughts on this series.
I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
Re: Game of Thrones.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 04:17:47 AM »

And while I am at it, this was to good not to share if you have not seen it.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 05:04:03 PM »

Last year I reviewed the fourth and fifth season in Spain, it seemed strange to hear the characters with a very different voice also by the original patterns and the Italian dubbing *o

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:03:46 PM »

I just watch them with Italian subtitles, the dubbing is atrocious.

Well, it took six seasons, but the dragons are finally on their way towards Westeros.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 03:05:57 AM »

I only got in to the show whilst at University. So have only watched the show. I plan to read the books when I finish at the end of this year and have not got to read 2 books a month to keep up with the modulus.

I o how ever understand the books. I have taken my time to learn the differences from the show and the books as much as  I can with out reading the books. (Through the GoT and ASoIaF Wiki's and stuff like that.)

Me and my friends have  Game of thrones campaign running allong side the book continuity. We picked up from Eddard Stark's Arrest and are now close to the end of the first third of season 2 (Sorry thats not more concise.)

I do love the fact that it is based off of a lot of real world things.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:35:44 AM by Bowsy 112 »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 03:18:01 AM »

Me and some friends of mine to tend to play the game of thrones version of risk.
It is great fun and I greatly enjoy playing as the Baratheon faction which is black.

Cynadea

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 03:58:45 AM »

I tried the books... 4 times. I even tried audio book while knitting and I just can't. The writing style of the author doesn't do it for me at all. Maybe the story is slow to start? I don't know.

Then I decided to have a look at the series. Brother fondling sister, yeah... no thanks. Then brother doing the beast with two backs with sister, different couple, then trying to kill a kid who saw them and making it look like it was as easy as swathing a fly... I clicked that "X" in the top corner of my browser, shuddered and swore never again.

I am adult, and I can watch adult stuff just fine, but that was just too much, too gratuitous for me. Given that it was the "pilot" episode and possibly the second one, I decided that if that gave the tone to the series I wasn't interested.

Too bad, though. The guy who plays Jaqen H'gar (I think that's how it's spelled) is one of my favorite European actors.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:17 AM »

Gotta say that on screen the sex was toned down a lot compared to the books :lol

When the show had ran ahead Martin, it deviated into a completely new thing, however they say that he gave them the ideas how it all should end in case he pops his clogs prior the books are done. Also when that deviation happened, the show went modest in spades. :P

What is really catching in the series, though, is that it is indeed grasping the real world concepts, not your typical fantasy where good always win, but how it'd have been in our life...
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 04:27:05 PM »

This year review the seventh season in German, has no equal ... terrifying !!!!:argh!