Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Stargate Command - Level 28 - Main Armory  (Read 5622 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Stargate Command - Level 28 - Main Armory
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »

"You'll get it Taleeya, everyone does in the end." That was the few words exchanged on their way down to the armory, apart from that it had been a relatively quiet walk minus the glares and stares from the usual males of the base, generally those who hadn't been shaving long.

Finally they were within the hallowed walls of the 'sacred weapons cache of the SGC', Vala was never short of being amazed how such a simple race (as she often thought and still did) could manage to accumulate so many devices for killing another human being. The array was nothing short of incredible in her mind. Still she had her preferences just the same. "Just my usual thanks Sergeant." Vala told him, which was quite easy for him. A P90 and the standard issue side arm. He handed them over, she signed for the items with her artistic hand writing and thanked him. "Taleeya, once you've got your gear and clothing you can change in my quarters if you like." They would of course soon provide her with her own.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Veteran52 Thumb turning green.Veteran52 Thumb turning green.
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »

Cooper wasn't really big on conversations, but he knew that he needed to show respect to his team-mates.  After he had requested his gear,he said to Vala and Taleeya.."Feels good to be going on another mission, doesn't it?  I asked for this sniper rifle so that we had some 'back-up' in case the need arose.."..he smiled.[color]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:28:39 PM by Veteran52 »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »

"Thank you for the words of confidence.  I see I still have much to learn," Taleeya said.  She was curious as to what her kit would entail.  She knew a bit about the clothing, but she had never worn anything like it or truly had to use the Tau'ri weapons.  "This will be a first for me.  I am a bit excited though, " she answered Cooper. "And thank you for the offer Vala. "
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:46:53 AM by sorra »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2018, 09:29:20 PM »

The duty sergeant handed over all the equipment required, of course everyone had to sign for their takings as Vala had already done. He even managed a neat stack of clothing for Taleeya to match her new teammates apparel, except for one thing. "Ma'am." He addressed her the only way he knew how. "I'll need a shoe size, could you slip off your own and stand on this for me please." His gnarled workers hand pointed at the foot measuring device on the floor.

Vala nudged Cam, winked at Cooper. "Wagers on it boys, ten bucks says she's an eight." If you didn't know her you'd be forgiven for thinking she was joking. Not Vala, when it came to the folding green she was deadly serious.

@Cipherhornet18 @Veteran52 @sorra

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2018, 01:36:31 AM »

The Master Sergeant returned with a SCAR-L in matte black, fitted with a red dot sight and flip-up magnifier, as well as a vertical foregrip.

"I left it with the standard barrel length, but if that doesn't work for you, let me know and I can go to the CQC one. Past that, sir, should work out for you." He said as he handed the rifle over, unloaded. Cam inspected it before giving him a nod.

"That'll work, Sergeant. Don't suppose you guys could whip me up something to match Sam's custom job?" He said, entirely kidding, but he realized that the Master Sergeant just grinned with the look of a man who had been issued a friendly challenge.

"Depends what kind of budget I can get, sir. But I'll see what we can do, sir. My guys and gals would like a challenge." The Master Sergeant replied as he disappeared back into the racks of weapons. Cam signed off for his weapon and regrouped with his teammates.

"Count me out. I might need to explain a sudden jump in the expense report back here." Cam said in response to Vala's challenge. "But let's make it quick, you guys, Admiral wants us back real quick."

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

"I'll take that bet Vala..I think Taleeya is a 71/2!"[color]Cooper thought that this might be closer to her foot size and,he would buy Vala a double mocha latte when they got back!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:22:52 PM by Veteran52 »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2018, 08:50:52 AM »

Taleeya took the offered outfit and signed on the paper like everyone else.  Hopefully it all fit.  Of course she had a feeling that the ones that worked here knew exactly what they were doing.  Her hazel blue eyes widened a bit.  "Shoe size?" she asked curiously.  Okay she had no idea what that was, but that machine sure looked odd.

She shrugged a shoulder, slipping out one of her boots.  She grinned back at the other two.  "Really?  I would not know where to start as I do not know what shoe sizes are," she admitted, putting on foot on the machine.  Although if she had to guess she would guess an 8.  7 and a half didn't sound big enough.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2018, 01:08:11 PM »

"Sir?" The Master Sergeant said, coming from back behind the racks after the phone rang.

"Yeah, what is it?" Cam asked, chuckling at what was going on.

"Sir, Admiral McRaven just called. He says you have five minutes to be ready to go in the Gate Room or else he's sending someone who will take this situation seriously instead." The Sergeant said, a look of somewhat confusion on his face. That had the effect of seemingly sucking the air right out of the room and getting Cam's blood going, as well as putting a frown on his face.

"Alright. You guys, hurry up and get ready. Skip the tour and everything else, just get geared and get to the Gate Room. I'm heading up there now." Cam said, heading for the door. He pivoted around on the balls of his feet, backpeadaling for a moment, "And I mean it, no messing around. If the Admiral's that fired up, either the Jaffa or the Hammond picked up something bad and it's got him on edge. Folks are counting on us."

<<Mitchell to Gate Control Room>>

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »

Cooper checked his two holsters, one for his hand cannon, one for his new glock.  Then he strapped on the new sniper rifle and checked his ballcap and his shades.."Ready Sir!"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:04:06 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »

{Sergeant Tony Cassar - Stores Assistant} NPC

The younger of the two armorers looked down at the scale, then looked up at Vala. "Looks like you hit pay dirt Miss Doran, size eight." He scurried back into the back, returning with two pairs of boots, desert and shiny black. "There you go Taleeya, they've been softened for you so you won't have to wear them in."

"Good luck SG1." He said returning to his work.

(Free to use)

Armorer - Master Sergeant Adam Greenburg USAF
Assistant- Sergeant Tony Cassar (stores) USMC
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:12:55 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

The Chief looked at Vala.and smiled.. "Do you want cash or that double mocha latte
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:03:35 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2018, 08:10:26 PM »

With a very ladylike flourish, Vala waved her hand in the direction of her hip pocket indicating its current state of emptiness. "Cash, when we get back." Then without further ado she scooped up Taleeya's arm to take the both of them to her room so the girl could change.

<<Vala and Taleeya to Gate Room Via Accommodation>>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2018, 07:26:05 PM »

"Cassar, we're back for our gear!" Vala bellowed through the wire cage that separated mere mortals from the weapons Gods. She heard a deep sigh and a rattling around deep into the armory store.

{Sergeant Tony Cassar - Stores Assistant} NPC

"Ah, le mie donne preferite, la tua presenza mi fa battere il cuore!" He said that with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, with him one never knew whether he was serious or not on any given day.

Vala nudged Taleeya. "Watch this fellow, a genuine rogue without a trace of conscious. I have no idea what he said, but it does sound rather delightful doesn't it?" The last she said hardly raising his voice. @sorra

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »

Taleeya felt like she was walking in circles.  Hadn't they just been here? Although she was glad to have Vala as a guide.

She furrowed a brow.  "Dually noted.  And yes it sounds very interesting.   Wonder what he actually said."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »

Astrid decided to not try to interject any further. Her attempt to introduce herself had gone missed, but maybe the two alien women had other issues on their mind. And so, she stuck with her teammates.

SG-7 already had their weapons, and so they just loaded up on magazines and supplies, before Brian, Nikolai and Denis started grabbing everything that would be needed for setting up a base camp. Helpfully, a FRED was donated to at least get the stuff to the trucks they'd be taking, though the drone would not be coming with. The size of it would've required a fourth truck just to take it.

Cam made his way in to regroup with his teammates.

"Cooper's off the team for good. Cheryl's just called Jackson, he'll be rejoining us. Don't know for how long, but at least for this trip." He looked at Vala. "Play nice." He said, half jokingly. The change the two had undergone over the last couple of years wasn't something he was too happy with, but it wasn't his place to comment on.

In the meantime, he also geared up with a standard recon load, though obviously his M9 was long since replaced by the custom P226 X-Five that had been given to him by Sheppard. Well, sent to him anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

lethal-pageant