Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Atlantis Mainland~ Home to the Athosians  (Read 642 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis Mainland~ Home to the Athosians
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:22:28 PM »

The mainland is situated across the water some thirty kilometers from Atlantis north West. The Athosian people reside here and transport is provided to and from the City via either Puddle Jumper or one of the new AC401 drop ships. A request has been made by Richard Woolsey for two 25 foot RHIB boats which will arrive with the Dreadnought. Request for transport is made by radio.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
Re: Atlantis Mainland~ Home to the Athosians
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

Teyla came out of her tent and took a deep breath.  It was so different here than in the city.  Not better just different.  She looked around at the activity already hours underway by what was left of her people.  She was very happy they had decided to come back to the mainland of Lantea.  Though she no longer lived with them she felt the need to keep in close contact.  Now that security had been tightened up she would no longer have to worry about then disappearing again.  So few she thought.  Were there enough to re-establish the Athosians as a people?  Maybe.  The good news was that there were more somewhat scattered but she knew where to find them.  If she could get them all back together, there would be enough.  Some important leaders were missing however.  That was going to be her first priority.  Finding them and bringing them back.  Holling and his son were nearby.  Kanaan and some of the younger men were on a campaign to exact a penalty on those who had removed them from their home.  A dangerous endeavor and one she was hoping she could dissuade them of in favor of rebuilding their people on this their second home.  Her only reservations were how he would see his homecoming.  He hadn't seen Torren since he was a baby.  And he was not aware of her relationship with John.  That was not a conversation she was looking forward to.
A hand on her shoulder interrupted her reverie.  She was needed elsewhere.  Presently this was a pleasant distraction from what was to come.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:42 AM »

After a day of manual labor, Teyla was looking forward to her tent and her bed.  She did find herself missing the convenience of a shower.  But this was the life of her people, one that she was more than accustomed to before she met the people from Earth who had become her new family.  She missed John and Rodney though she was not as yet aware that they had returned.  Communication from the mainland was by radio and had to go through the control room.  Private inquiries were too uncomfortable.  At this point in time, she was needed here.  If and when there was a need for her in Atlantis, she knew someone would let her know.
She sighed, sitting near the cooking fire outside her tent.  She stared at the flames absentmindedly.  A young woman with long blonde hair tied into a braid approached the fire with a small dark haired boy in tow.  As soon as he caught sight of her, he smiled and ran towards her.
"Momma", Torren exclaimed
"Hello, sweet boy", replied Teyla tiredly.  She had brought him with her so he could spend time with their people and learn something other than the sterile halls of the city.  "What have you been up to today", she asked trying to sound enthusiatic.
"I plant beans" he replied proudly.
The young woman leaned over to Teyla, "He has eaten and been washed", she reported.
"Thank you, Ashya", said Teyla as she looked over at her son, "Are you ready to sleep, Torren?"
"Not sleepy". "But you will go to bed", Teyla may have been more tired than her son but he would probably be asleep before her.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 04:31:26 PM »

Dawn on the mainland seemed to come earlier than Teyla remembered growing up.  She was beginning to realize that her life in the city was radically different than the one she had with her people.  She dressed and fed Torren and watched as he disappeared into a group on children outside her tent.  While she watched she noticed a new group of security in the camp.  She decided to ask them for news from Atlantis.  The one in charge, a lieutenant, smiled as he saw her approach.
Ms. Emmagan, I'm Lt Halverson", he announced.  "Please call me Teyla, Lt."she smiled at him in return,"Is there any news?"  "News?"he asked. "I have been here on the mainland for two weeks", she replied.
"Oh, well, we're new", he reported, "We came through on the last dial-up, with Colonel Sheppard and Dr. McKay".
A broad smile came over Teyla's face.  "John and Rodney have returned?" she asked expectantly.
"Yes, ma'am""Thank you, Lt., thank you very much" she replied as she turned and jogged back to her tent and her radio.
*radio*  "Atlantis control, this is Teyla".
"Atlantis control here" came the reply.
"I understand the Colonel is back"she asked.
"Yes, ma'am, Dr. McKay as well"
"Could you ask John to contact me as soon as he can?"
"Yes, ma'am, Atlantis out".

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

Another dawn arrived and blossomed into a beautiful warm day on the mainland.  Teyla found herself a little more than disappointed that she hadn't heard anything yet from the city.  She realized of course that John could have gotten caught up in a situation and not been able to contact her.  She felt the need to stay close to the settlement though not wanting to miss the call.
Torren was fed and dressed and nearby in a group of children playing.  She watched the bustle of the village coming to life and realized that she was actually more disconnected with her people than she was aware of.  She could blend back in, do the day to day chores, live the same way she had growing up but the experiences she had had with the team, what she had seen, what she knew now to be the reality outside of her old life had changed her immeasurably and forever.  As comfortable returning to this old part of her life was in short spurts, she missed the excitement of new discoveries and new worlds.  And of course there was John.  He had wanted her to go with him to Earth when he left on leave, but she had decided that his personal business he needed to take care of alone.  Of course she never anticipated that that time away would have turned into months.  Still, she missed him terribly.  She had to force herself to resist the urge to call the city again.
As she sat there poking at the fire, she heard the sound of engines moving in her direction.  She looked up to see the familiar sight of a puddle jumper slowing to a hover over the settlement.  She stood up and smiled.  Perhaps she could hitch a ride, she thought.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:38:07 PM »

She watched with a combination of excitement and anticipation of getting back to the city and seeing everyone.  The jumper hovered, turned 180 degrees and settled to the ground.  It was in the trees just outside the village where the rest of the Atlantis marines were bivouacked.   Teyla looked around her quickly attempting to round up her son and gather her things in case whoever was piloting the jumper would not be remaining.  She ran back into her tent and hurriedly stuffed her things into her backpack.  She looked around for Torren's things which were of course strewn about like a hurricane had come through the tent.  Getting on her knees she began putting his things haphazardly into his little pack.  She had started to mumble to herself that it was taking too long and how she should have done this earlier anticipating their return to the city.  Suddenly, Torren appeared in the opening of the tent speaking very fast.
"Momma, momma, look who it is?", he kept repeating over and over.
"Yes, Torren, look momma is busy right now", she said without looking up.
Momma, momma!!"
Out of the corner of her eye, she realized something in the doorway was completely blocking the sun.  She stopped and turned slightly.  A broad smile along with a flood of tears accompanied her reaction.  There in her tent was Torren holding John Sheppard's hand.  She could only sit back on her heals at the sight.
"Hey, hey, why are you crying?", John asked.