Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Atlantis- Jumper Bay  (Read 1974 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis- Jumper Bay
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »

The Jumper bay is a hangar for Atlantis' complement of Puddle Jumpers located at the very top of the city's central tower, as well as a smaller bay located on the underside of the city.

The room is a large two-floor room which can store the Puddle Jumpers on the floor or on platforms on the upper area. The upper area also contains a gangway which runs on the walls and provides access to the platforms. The room provides two possibilities for Puddle Jumpers to leave it: the first is a large panel in the middle of the floor which leads directly to the large platform of Stargate Operations, allowing a Puddle Jumper to fly directly through the Stargate. The second possibility is another panel that is located in a small shaft in the ceiling, which allows Puddle Jumpers to leave the city to fly to other locations on the planet or even star system.

The Jumper bay is also capable of holding F-302 fighter-interceptors.

A magnetic grapple system was created by the Atlantis expedition in 2005, which is able to lower the small fighters into the bay.

Atlantis also has an underwater Jumper bay on the North Pier underside specifically designed for underwater entry and egress. There is a small control station dedicated to the pressurization and pumping system for the underwater bay. This bay, however, is only known to contain at least two Puddle Jumpers and is very seldom used
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis- Jumper Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:10 PM »

<<From Cafe' via Transporters>>

"Oh heavens no, well not with me at least. I hate those things honestly." Not that Jen had a fear of flying perse, she just thought the Puddle Jumpers were so, so unnatural in more ways than one; most specifically their age. She often feared one of them would simply stop flying due to its sheer 'ancientness'. That she said to Tama just as they left the cafe before getting on one of the city's many transporters, which were amazing things when you thought about them.

"So here we are, take a look up." She grinned cheerfully.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »

Tama Akimoto

In part Tama was relieved, in the other she was disappointed that she would not be flying. She had dreams of doing it, she had many dreams of this great city. Nothing was completely unfamiliar to her, always there was recognition at the back of her mind. It left her in no doubt that she was of these people, though the wait to know who her Pai was agonizing to her.

Stepping into the Jumper bay, she turned her brilliant blunders upward and took it all in. slowly she padded farther into the room, turning around as she took it all in. It was greater than her dreams, there was nothing like this on her home world. She wanted to take one apart to know how it worked, though parting her already knew. It didn't lessen the thrill.

"The technology this place is amazing. I use to build small machines that  around my room, annoying my governess till she would cancel my lessons and let me build more.  "

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »

Standing there with her usual crossed arms stance, Jen was at last relieved to see that something had really made Tama smile, something real, a thing you could touch, smell and see. Pretty much the same reaction she had when Jen first saw these little ships and more so what they could do; she'd had a few adventures in them, some good some not so good, yet still marvelous no matter which way you look at it. "Come on Tama, there is one down here that is having some work done on it." She loosened her arms, pointing ahead of them down in between the high bays. "You made things?" That brought a wide smile to her face, now if only she herself could make something, Jen wasn't even a good cook.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:04 PM »

Tama didn't need more encouragement than that. She forgot all the lessons on properly comforting herself and moved as quickly as she could to the indicated jumper.

"I did, I built them out of what ever was brought to me. I didn't need to be taught, I just did it. Once they managed to get me a Genii computer, scavenged from somewhere or a hunt I suppose. Anyway once that happened,i was able to start properly programming them. It was only way I could rebel, though they never stopped me. They encouraged it. Sometimes they would take them away, telling neither were going to.show it to my Godoma. Though when I would ask her she didn't know what I was talking about."

The youth dismayed for a moment, touching her pendant as always.
 When she thought of her Godoma. Peering into the back,Tama 
looked around the interior of the Jumper. She darted back when she saw the crew, which contained men, that was inside.  Staying away from the door, till Jennifer was with her. Still of course preferring the company of women.

"Erm, will they not object to me going inside?"

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 02:58:50 AM »

"Now that is a handy talent to have Tama. The best I could ever do at making things was a little dress making, outside of that I'm useless with creativity. Unless of course it involves medicine." She did take stock of the fact that there were men around and knowing for the time being the girls aversion to them, she herself stepped back a little. "Just fill your eyes for a mom..." Her pager went off. Jen looked at it, screwing her eyes a little to read it. "Oookay. We have a result on your blood test and a match. Would you like to see what it says?" Now that was a silly question of course. "We'll have to return to the Medical section, have you seen enough for now?"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

Tama Akimoto

Shifting her weight from one foot to the other, Tama wanted to go look at the Jumper with all its inner workings exposed but she just felt so nervous with all the males present within. She glanced round, her sapphire eyes just carefully glancing round till she heard Jennifer announce the news she had been awaiting.

"Not enough, but I can't really wait for long to know the truth."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 12:15:36 AM »

Seeing the awkwardness of the moment, Jen reacted the only way she knew how and that was to get Tama back into a comfort zone she was already familar with and one that Jen controlled who came and went. "We won't find out here by twiddling our thumbs then will we? Come on, we'll be back in my office in five minutes."

<<To Med Bay>>
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

Tama Akimoto

Tama gave one longing glance at the interior of the Jumper, before heading quickly after Jennifer not wanting to in the presence of these males without someone she knew. Her feet swiftly travelin, eager to know the truth of herself.

<<To Med Bay>>

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »

As the transporter opened into the large open area nearly stocked with jumpers and fighters, John looked around.  He knew that they were nearly identical in design as well as operation but he preferred to use the one designated as Jumper One.  It was usually the first one to the left on the bottom level just inside the bay.  As he approached the ramp descended.  Inside as he walked through the lights came up.  When he sat down in the pilot's seat the ramp rose to it's original position and all the controls in front of him lit up.  He no longer had to tell it whether he was going through the gate or through the roof.  All he had to do was think about where he was going and the craft responded.  The engines were very quiet so he could hear the roof opening.  As he prepared to engage the engines, he made his customary call to the control room.
*radio*
"Atlantis control, this is Sheppard"he did his best to keep the excitement he was feeling out of his voice.
"Yes, Colonel", replied Chuck.
"I'm headed to the mainland", he stated,"I'll be on coms if you need me".
"Yes, sir, you're cleared".
Smooth as always, the jumper rose through the opening in the roof and sailed in the direction of the Lantean mainland.  John leaned forward and took a long look at the blue of the sky countered by the deep green of the water.  He smiled to himself, partly because he'd be seeing Teyla and partly because it would be a surprise.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »

<<From Labs>>

You couldn't deny the woman didn't have speed. Even when walking people often told rather than asked Mel to slow down such was the pace she set for herself, full on with everything she did as if she was on a high 24/7. But in the end they all gave up, other than Teyla and perhaps Ronon, no one else on the base had her ability to get from A to B so quickly, transporters notwithstanding.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:11:17 AM »

<<From Labs>>

Reese nearly groaned as she had to basically run to keep up with Mel.  Sheesh that woman could move fast.  There was no doubt that Reese would be getting her workout.  How was she going to keep up when they went out in the city?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:06 PM »

<Jumper 6>

"Well you made it Reese, welcome to my little sports car of sorts. I've always wanted one, well my dream was one day to buy a 1975 Ferrari Dino 308, but you know somehow I think this aces that don't you think so?" She grinned cheerfully as she took Reese inside to the 'cockpit'. "Take a seat, right side will do and I'll show you the basics before we leave. Its really fantastic isn't it when you think about it?" She breathed deeply thinking of all those Ancients who may have flown in this jumper before her. "These little Jumpers are millions of years old."

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »

<Jumper 6>

Reese laughed. "Wasn't sure there for a bit.  Felt like I was in a marathon," she teased her new friend.  Her eyes widened though as she looked at the jumper.  "It is certainly impressive." She had never seen anything quite like it.  Reese followed Mel on board, glad she didn't have to figure out the controls.  Cars were one thing, puddle jumpers, ah no, completely out of her wheel house. "This is amazing."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

lethal-pageant