Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Merrenden local area Field Hospital  (Read 8089 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Merrenden local area Field Hospital
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2018, 09:21:38 PM »

*phone call**

"Renner."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:57 PM »

<Main Entrance-Reception>

"Teya's on, scuse me." For a moment longer than she wanted to take, Emily had to gather her thoughts together, there wasn't much time. She thought at first that they'd have to shuttle down in a 401, taking up more time, then it occurred to her, they had the Hermes in orbit; that would save so much time. "Commander Renner thank you. We have an emergency and we need your chopper crew stat. There's a ship off the coast with a badly wounded Cavalerios aboard and they're still hours away from land. Do you think its possible you could ask Michelle or your new XO if you and your crew could be beamed down her by the Hermes?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »

***phone **

"We'll be there in ten minutes, Emily.  Have the crews ready to go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »

< Nurses station >

{ NPC - Dr Andy Flemming }

Once again clicking the radio, Andy replied, “Copy on strong winds, Raven.”
He released it and turned towards Em and Ryan, “Well, get going then. Get changed, get out. You know the drill!”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »

<Main Entrance-Reception>

"That's all we need!" They were of course words in her head, in reality Em relished in the work even if at times she was terrified out of her brain. Yet at least this time she won't be dangling at the end of that precarious line. With a flick of a heavily gloved wrist she gave Andy a casual salute with an added frozen lipped smile. "Aye aye sir!" Turning she slapped Ryan on the shoulder. "This way soldier, we start off with wetsuits and the layers get added onto that." A big grin, they were going to look like the Michelin man.

Before doing all of that though she had to get things organized up front. With her phone still in her hand she gave Teya the good news. "We'll be ready for you Commander, the chopper will be on pad 4, be advised winds may change to south west over the target area, currently its minus 19 outside with a 22 knot westerly. Over." Now the two of them had to brave the outside once again, wonderful. "The crew chief will be tuned in, he'll have things ready for us by the time we get there. Our gear is in a nice warm little tent just near the chopper pad." With a reluctant hand she pushed open the door.

@Tealc
Far Dareis Mai

Tealc

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tealc A new starter.
  • Hiya, big Stargate fan. Hope you are as well.
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »

{Snr Airman Ryan Phillips}

Ryan sighed and stuff his hat back on. "Alright, let's get out there and suited up to help them out." He proceeded to usher Emily out the door and headed to the helipad that he had seen earlier on the way in. It was freezing outside as usual but they managed to get to the tent quick enough. After entering the tent and grabbing the equipment he turns his back to Emily so that he doesn't accidentally catch a glimpse of anything. After they dressed up they headed to the helicopter and set out to help the crew of the Raven.
Never again shall I bow before a false god!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »

<Helo Pad- Crewing tent>

Em noticed Ryan giving her some privacy space, he needn't have worried though as she wasn't about to take anything of past her thermal underwear. It was something of a misnomer really that non naval people referred to the SAR suits as 'wetsuits' for in fact they were anything but. Arctic survival dry suits or ASDS was the proper description, made in a very similar way to a deep dive suit that remained dry, so much so you could wear a suit beneath them.

It took no more than ten minutes, then back out into the blast chiller again. For extra protection Em slipped her heavily padded coat back over the top of the dark orange rescue suit, although she silently hoped that she wasn't going to be getting dunked in a winter sea with a small gale on the way. Having to be heard over the wind as they headed for the Seahawk chopper, Emily shouted. "I hope they've got the bloody heaters on!" Typically Aussie, she never missed a chance to let the right words escape the moment.

Ducking the flying snow, weaving across the wooden dry boardwalks they finally made the open door of the big SH60-B with it's rotors slowly turning over. The crew chief helped her aboard. "Hey Em, glad to see you back again and I did hear you kid, not exactly the language I'd expect from a lady is it?" Good old TJ, he never changed, always trying to do his best to keep the young guns in line.

"TJ!" She all but squealed. He was every ones favorite big old Teddy bear. "Sorry....TJ this is Senior Airman Ryan Phillips, Ryan this is TJ, otherwise known as Warrant Officer Meyer. Ryan's doing the drop tonight. So, what the hell you doing down here from the Alpha Site?" She asked curiously.

The old man pulled in his hood, he felt the cold more than anyone perhaps. Shoving out his heavily gloved hand to Ryan. "Pleased to meet you Phillips, can I take it as a given you're going to be looking after our girl here?" He then explained to Em how he came to be here. "Came down on 45 last night." He thumbed over his shoulder at another Seahawk behind them that had mechanics crawling all over it. "We were about to return when the gearbox uni joint failed, so here I am helping out. So who is flying in this crap tonight?"

She didn't have to think too hard on that question. "Commander Renner I think, well I'm sure at least." Pretty sure.

"God, Tey is gonna love this." He let out a good hearty laugh as the wind picked up.

@Tealc

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:43:50 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2018, 08:54:29 PM »

<<From Briefing room via Hermes>>

The ground beneath her feet was like a frozen lake as Bobbie, Teya and Kim appeared in their old tent. While true they hadn't been away long, the base stewards had seen to it everything was as it should be, clean, tidy and organized. Probably the opposite of how the girls liked it. The first thing Bobbie did before changing was to look in her foot locker for her stash, her heart was lifted to see the dozen full cans of Victoria Bitter still there as she left them. "Wonderful." She murmured, they can save that for later.

Next she ran to the little fuel stove, checked to see the tank was full, which it was. She gave it a pump then lit it; it took about a minute for the radiant heat to begin to fill the tent. "K, we have about as much time as it takes to think about how cold we are. I'm not wasting a minute of it. Scuse me." She began stripping down to her underwear and as quickly started pulling on the arctic suite of clothes they needed. Heavy and cumbersome, but they needed it and were still able to fly at least.

@sorra
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »

<<From Briefing room via Hermes>>

Kim shivered a bit as she looked around their tent.  "Alright I am so done being cold," she groaned,   "I want a long vacation on a beach." She wondered if Teya was just as cold as she had ended up in her tent.

Kim quickly grabbed her clothes .  She rubbed her arms, trying to warm up before quickly stripping and getting changed.  "This is stupid," she groaned.

Tealc

• Recruit
  • Tealc A new starter.
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »

Ryan took the offered hand and gave it a hearty shake, "Pleased to meet you officer Meyer." He then moved with Em and officer Meyer the last few feet up to the helipad. He looked at Em and said "How much longer do you think it will take for what's her name to get here? I don't think the crew is going to last too long if the weather gets worse than what we heard over the radio." He reached down and readjusted the left pant leg on his bulky snow suit to stop the wind from racing up the gap and into his pants.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2018, 09:25:48 PM »

<Helo Pad>

The older man lifted an eyebrow with his typical nonchalant off side grin. "Listen kid, so long as there is no heavy brass around, just call me TJ will ya please." He gave his big head a shake. "I'm not likely to hear you otherwise am I Em?"

Leaning out into the cold air, not that with the side door open it was any warmer, Emily gave a cheery yet frozen reply. "Nope he ain't. Just TJ." Like the big Teddy bear he was. "Commander Renner? Knowing her she could be here any minute, depending on how quick the Hermes is to pick her up I suppose. Come on get in, I'll go through the SAR routine with you while we wait." She reached out then giving TJ a light pat on the side of his frozen face. "Thanks TJ, we can take it from here, you'd better get inside somewhere as I don't want to have to come back and hear you're down with that arthritis again do I?" She was thinking of Andy right, he certainly would take a dim view of it.

"Well, ah yes of course the lady is always right. Take it easy kids and be safe, I've got a warm fire to hover over." With that the 'Bear' shuffled off pulling his hood in close.

<Bobbie and Kim's tent>

"Bejeezus its cold!" That was an understatement of course, as the current air temperature with wind chill added was around minus 20 celsius, very cold. The little stove at least put out some heat even if it did struggle, but of course that was nothing compared to the discomfort those at sea must be going through, something to think about when you're complaining. That was Bobbie's take on it in any case.

Five minutes after she began undressing then dressing again, Bobbie was done. She did the right thing for Kim by helping her zip up the even bulkier survival suit she had to wear as winch operator. There was no envy between them or their jobs, the two young women despite their reputation as perpetual party girls were the ultimate professionals on the job. "Come on, we're losing time Kimbo. I hope Teya's finished cos otherwise I'll drag her out nekkid if she isn't." Then they were out into the blast chiller, helmets in place to help ward of being freeze faced. Bobbie whipped her head around sideways when she saw the big man go past quickly. "That was TJ!" She shouted but pushed on through the wind to the waiting chopper.

<Helo Pad>

"Hey!" Bobbie ran up to the guy standing near the door. "Flight Lieutenant Hatfield and this is Sergeant Paine, so..."

"Hi Bobbie." Emily poked her head back out. "This is Ryan, Senior airman. He's doing the drop tonight or is it day?" She was totally out of it really with the winter.

"Night Ems, well early morning anyway. G'day Ryan." He'd get used to them, the Aussies, casual and quite indifferent to rank where they could get away with it.

"Life sucks doesn't it? Hey Kim!" Emily joyfully announced.

@sorra 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:18:26 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »

<Bobbie and Kim's tent>

"Not sure we'll ever be warm again," Kim grumbled.  She was getting tired of the cold.  She used to love the cold but now she just wanted to get warm.  She rubbed her arms as Bobbie finished helping her zip up her suit.  She was going to freeze by the end of this.

Kim laughed a bit.  "I think you better hide if you try that one," she laughed.  "Teya will not like that at all."

<Helo Pad>

Kim followed her friend's gaze.  "That was.  Wonder how he's doing. " she didn't think about it long as they hurried to the others.  "Hey Em.   Good to meet you, Ryan."

Teya got dressed as quickly as she could.  She got to the tent just behind Kim and Bobbie,  "sure is a nice brisk morning," she said with an eye roll.

Tealc

• Recruit
  • Tealc A new starter.
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »

Ryan gave a small smile back at TJ, "No problem TJ." He stepped away from the group and checked in on the people readying the helicopter. They had to go through one more check list and then it should be ready to go. He smiled and moved back over to the group in time to be introduced by Em. "It's nice to meet you Ma'am." He turned to speak to Emily but was greeted by another lady before he could."Good to meet you as well Kim." He turned back to Em and said "Just another minute and we should be good to go, who else will be coming along?" He motions his head towards the group of ladies standing there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2018, 09:20:44 PM »

<SH-60 39>

Now they had a crew! A damned good one at that. Bobbie moved forward to take the co-pilots position as soon as she saw Teya making for the chopper. Emily can take care of things in back, she had Kim with her now so that is going to take a huge load off the girl's shoulders and with the new SAR jumper, she didn't have to worry about getting her toes wet either. Not that anyone would in this weather and those suits they had to wear. Very quickly she doubled checked the pre-flight, not that she had to, TJ had done his job well. "Shut the doors as soon as Tey is in Kim, oh and Phillips, welcome to Chick Flight one, its your lucky day." The rotors began turning a little faster now as Bobbie eased on the throttle by 10%, all she needed now was for Teya to take her pilot's seat and they will be over their target in less than 20 minutes.

"That's it. Commander Renner there is our pilot, a bloody good one at that." Emily reached out her hand to help Teya in while still talking. "Kim is your winch operator, she'll guide you down safely as she always does. Which is not bad considering her normal job is a gunner; a severe case of multitasking, you'll get a lot of that around here. Now see that wire stretcher on the floor, we'll drop that down once you're on the deck of the ship and once you're there its your command. Whoever and whatever crew are on that ship will have to do whatever you tell them to do and a word of advice, don't be too polite about it. This is life and death."

@sorra
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »

Kim chuckled at Bobbie's comment.  "Well, good thing us girls know what we're doing," she laughed.  They had a lot to get done, but thankfully they had all worked together before.  And they all worked well together.  Now if they could just get in and out safely.

Teya accepted Emily's help up into the bird.  She grinned at Emily.  "Thanks for the extra hand.  I'll try to get us in there as smoothly as possible," she promised, moving toward the front to get into her seat.

Kim nodded at her friend, moving to pull the door shut.  It was time to head off now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16