Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge  (Read 1132 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:55:40 AM »

Located on level 27, the officers lounge serves as both a meeting place for SG team CO's and a place for officers in general to just sit back, chill, play a video game, read or watch TV.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
Re: Stargate Command Level 27~ Officer's Lounge
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »

VagabonD SerpenT on August 24, 2016, 02:53:59 PM

<<From Saggita>>

A blinding flash and a blink - and they all were deep in the SGC once again, in the officer's lounge. The star were that nobody but SG-4 was in the room right now at the moment and Elena didn't want to waste the opportuinty while it still was there.

"What's on your mind, Catherine?"

Redhead folded her arms, staring in the eyes of her XO, waiting for a fast and honest answer.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nerdlover A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 12:58:11 AM »

Nerdlover on August 25, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

<<From Saggita>>

Cass was happy to be on solid ground again, solid Earth ground. The smell of the SGC was familiar and comforting, all she could think about though was food. "How long do we have before we head to Russia? I wouldn't mind getting some American home cooking here from the SGC cafeteria. I love the meatloaf and of course blue Jell-O."

"Ohana Means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."
--Stitch

Also the Stargate philosophy...

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:58:50 AM »

Troy on August 27, 2016, 07:53:48 AM

William couldn't help but chuckle at his teammate's comment
"While the DFAC(dining facility) usually has decent food, this is an Air Force installation after all, I wouldn't classify it as home cooking. I'm sure if we ask around we could find a nice hole in the wall restaurant nearby.".

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 01:00:58 AM »

One by one they appeared in the exact spot Cate thought they would, SG4's old office in fact. Well not exactly 'their' office, it belonged to all the teams, though it was a simple fact of life that since SG1's missions had been scaled back, this place was used by SG4 more than any other team. Almost with precision, the instant Cate appeared she fell back into the comfortable sofa that was facing the huge 50" TV screen on the wall; she picked up the remote to turn it on, then surfed through the channels until she found something mediocre that wouldn't attract attention. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives came on, so Cate left it there, no one would even bother looking in with that on. Though for her to be perfectly honest, she loved the show and the host Guy Fieri, he always gave her reason to laugh, especially his language and the descriptions he used for the food he 'road tested'. Cate often felt she missed her calling when she watched that show.

She turned the volume down to a level they could talk, but eaves droppers would have to come in to hear what they were saying. "We have four days leave Lena, more than we've ever had since the team was formed." A raised eyebrow at Cassie and William would let them know exactly the intensity the team had been working under in the last three years. "Guys, Lena and I made a promise to each other ages ago that if the opportunity ever presented itself, we'd take each other to our own home countries for a little holiday. Given that has never occurred and given that I am supposed to be doing this thing with the El'Dari we have no idea when this chance will ever come along again. So..." She sucked in her breath, this was the part where the TV came in handy as what she was about to say went against all the rules. "Colonel Davidson of the Apollo is a close friend of ours, though using a 304 for a personal taxi is stretching our team entitlements just a bit. I know he'd go for it, but as far as the base is concerned we're still on duty." She pulled up short when she realised what Cass had said about the Blue Jello, which made Cate smile broadly.

"Lena can cover for me, maybe you three can skip into Springs for a couple of hours. Do what you need to do, pack a small bag and so on. I'll go see Davidson and get it organised, then pick the three of you up from wherever you are. Cassie, Raphello's on Main in Springs is our goto place." She had so many great meals there which included Blue Jello.
Far Dareis Mai

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 01:03:39 AM »

Nerdlover on August 29, 2016, 04:08:53 PM

Cass blushed and stuck her chin out. She genuinely enjoyed the meatloaf right here in the SGC cafeteria and was feeling a bit mocked by the rest of the team. She let out a big sigh and rolled her eyes.

"I really do like the meatloaf here, the gravy they use is good especially on the mashed potatoes they always serve with it. However if everyone else wanted to go out I'd be up for some sunshine and fresh air."

Cass was stubborn but also a very "half glass full" person and cheered up instantly thinking of the warm sun on her face. Colorado was great, cool crisp air and warm sun, being over a mile closer to the sun had distinct advantages in her book. She wished they had extra time so she could go for a hike on Pike's Peak. Cass heard the "four days off" line from Cate and it hit her, she needed to enjoy every minute of down time, but also she needed to do a better job of finding enjoyment and bonding with the rest of SG4 because she will likely spend more "quality" time with them than with anyone she has ever been around before. She has always been a bit of a loner, not usually letting people get too close, but now it was time to change that.

--Stitch

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:35 AM »

Troy on August 31, 2016, 07:24:51 PM

William shrugged. He had to remember that while on an Air Force installation, the rest of his team weren't members of the US Air Force. When returning from deployments, most everyone had separate cravings for food not available in the desert. While not a deployment in the strictest sense of the word, SG-4 had been through enough in the last few days to warrant some consideration.

"How about a compromise. We'll go to the DFAC this time, but before we ship out again I'm treating the team to a meal off base?"

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:37 AM »

VagabonD SerpenT on September 04, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

Catherine surely did feel like at home in the officers lounge. It even could seem to a random stranger that the woman had it so planned before the teleport so she'd land straight onto the sofa. However, when Cate turned on the TV, Lena got a bit suspicious. When she saw the show her friend chose, it was hard for the redhead not to grin from ear to ear - by now Colonel could easily guess when her XO was doing a cover up to something fishy and mischievous she had planned. And just to better hear what deviousness was on the menu today, Elena plonked herself right next to Catherine, pretending to stare at the TV and taking a relaxed pose.

"Yeah, that's true. I can't remember us having more than two days free and that's usually cut short by one shitstorm or another. SG-4 somehow had it plateful from the very first day, and when by all mean we were supposed to get a break, we kinda replaced SG-1 in importance. I got sort of a leave not so long ago, but that's only thanks to the fact that I was recalled to Moscow for a long overdue promotion and a formal report for nearly eight years. Yikes... I serve here that long already..."

Anyway, what Cate is saying here was just like she puts it - when we became friends, we both expressed interest in seeing each other's homelands. That also seems to have been before this planet was formed... And to be frank with you, I don't really wanna waste the time. Moscow is one thing, hopping to my hometown is another. I wonder if my flat is still intact or some gypsies had moved in and burned it, need to visit grave of my Gramps too. He's probably wondering where's his little girl, why she's not coming for so long..."

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 01:25:23 AM »

Cate had to lean forward to focus on Guy for a moment. How ironic was this? His current segment was in a Navy yard canteen and he was sampling what was supposed to be the best burgers in San Diego. That did it for her and she knew then and there Cass was right. They needed sustenance before they left and they had the best restaurant in all Colorado not far away. She offered Lena her sleeve though, she couldn't stand to see her 'sister' weep. "Hey." She said, placing a reassuring arm around the Russian. "Guys, why waste an opportunity, it'll still be hours before we land somewhere else, so I'll go with it as Cass said, although for me it'll be one of the Chef's burgers...and the Blue Jello." The mash she could pass on, right now she felt like a healthy side of fries.
Far Dareis Mai

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 01:26:18 AM »

Nerdlover on September 06, 2016, 04:42:15 PM

Cass let out a little squeal and broke into a big grin.

"I am thrilled to get some comfort food! I love to try new food too though Lena, I will definitely take you up on that!"

<<To SGC Cafe>>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:23:35 PM by Nerdlover »

--Stitch

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 01:28:00 AM »

Troy on September 8, 2016, 08:03:02 PM

"Sounds good. I'll see all of you in a few hours. Colonel, give me a ring on my cell phone when we're getting ready to head to Russia. Don't need to fuel any rumors about alien abductions."

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 01:30:37 AM »

VagabonD SerpenT on 13-09-2016, 00:40:09

Elena rewarded Catherine with a warm, sympatetic glance feeling her arm wrap around her subtly, that glance being the only thing that said 'thank you' but that actually was louder than any word.

"Fine, fine, you've convinced me. Let's go and waste a few dollars in the local diner. And, Cass, watch out, you might be in for the more than you've bargained for with Russian food. Will, I will do, just try to keep your phone charged, okay? Cate, if you're so craving those burgers, then unglue yourself from that screen. The more time we wait, the less time we'll have to eat them."

What Colonel did not say out loud was that she was still trying to make her mind on what to do back home. Part of her was scared that after so many years serving in an international unit not just abroad, but often in other galaxies, she'd find her homeland a bit weird, completely out of the picture her memory still had.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:36 AM »

Quite often with Lena things said on the fly or in rapid conversation ended up being lost in translation so to speak. It was of course no different this time as the discussion went from the SGC cafe to a restaurant in Springs, bouncing back to the base cafe again; any wonder the content got lost along the way. Cate let the hug remain for a moment longer before she made sure they were all now on the same page. "Simple Lena. Food, here, SGC. After that gather bags, belongings, beam up to the 'Pollo." Nothing could be simpler nor easier for these galaxy wide adventurers.

At that point Cate did stand though her eyes were still drawn to Guy stuffing some over  sized delight in his mouth. She licked her lips in anticipation of her own culinary devouring. "Thataway." She pointed to the doors.

<<To SGC Cafe>>
Far Dareis Mai

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 01:34:21 AM »

VagabonD SerpenT on 14-09-2016, 01:23:15

"Don't you talk to me like I'm two. It's just that you lot kept hopping from one idea to another like a bunny on speeds that I've lost the train of thoughts. Okay, let's go to the damn cafe."

Colonel made sure to give a really evil eye to everyone on her team in case one of them was going to be a smart arse and headed to the doors out.

<<To Cafe>>

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.Bowsy 112 has an aura about them.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
First Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

in pairs SG-12 made their way to the officers lounge. a place they didn't often come, preferring to take residence elsewhere during their down time. Fred and Charlotte were first. She had stopped in to his office, most SG team leaders had an office, and most, taking after Jack O'Neill, didnt use them. But Fred did for calls and it was often where SG-12 spent their free time on the base. Fred had been getting an update from Whitehall.
"So did you find out why Air Vice Marshal Fraser was recalled Sir?" Asked Charlotte. Fred shrugged.
"No idea just something to do with Brigader Hunt telling the Chief of the General Staff, that having a Dame be head of the SGC was a security risk." He shrugged. "I mean not even Harry or William know about the SGC sure the PM, the Queen and Phillip do and William will some day. The idea that the head of the SGC has a Wikipedia page was a little concerning." Charlotte frowned making her way to a coffee machine as Fred flopped down on the sofa.
"Why did they put her in the position in the first place?" Fred shrugged.
"Something about the Space Kelts probably. Get a Dame to head the SGC, looks good when the whole shoe gose public." Charlotte frowned as she turned to him.
"The SGC is going public?" Fred shrugged.
"frak knows." He sighed as he heard foot steps and the faint sound of Harly telling Gary something. He looked to Charlotte who frowned.
"Hang on Dosnt Air Vice Marshal Our Rank Brigadier?" Fred nodded.
"Yeah. But Hunt's been in this game since you joined the SGC. Fraser was a last minuet introduction, Basically Hunt has more pull at the MOD." She nodded.
"Why hasnt he been promoted then?" She asked Fred looked to her as he moved and rested his foot on his knee.
"Politics." He shrugged. As he finished Harly entered the room.
"Umm..." Gary said from outside.
"Am..." He frowned.
"Am I allowed in an Officers Lounge?" Fred glanced over the head of the sofa.
"Sure, if anybody has an issue with it, they'll have to fight me." he said with a small shrug. It was one of those nationality things. In some places Non Coms wernt allowed in a Officers Lounge Full Stop, in others they were allowed in when invited by a Officer over a specific rank and others allowed higher ranking NCO's in as if they were officers, and there wasn't a sign on the door. Gary stepped in but remained standing they had no idea who was about to give their briefing, and he didn't want to stand up if it was somebody that was picky on the rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5