Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel  (Read 3429 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »

The Chapel of Stargate Command is situated just down the hallway from Med Bay. It is multidenominational and everyone is welcome at any time, 24 hours a day. If the base Padre, Colonel Francis McCarthy is not here, you can always find her in her rooms. 

*The Chaplain is in*

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:21:13 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
Re: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »

<<radio transmission from Commander's Office>>

"Colonel McCarthy, report to my office.  And bring an unsigned marriage license for the State of Colorado with you."
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:41 AM »

{Colonel Francis 'Fran' McCarthy-Chaplain} NPC

Three good books read and a nice tipple of sacrament wine and Fran was feeling rather chipper. They were short books, barely a hundred pages each and all on English history during the medieval period, her favorite subject. Then, just as she was about to go and prepare the chapel for the Presidents visit, her desk radio went off. Annoyed, she tapped the switch. "May I remind you Sean of a little protocol. I'm your chaplain, not one of your subordinates." She added a hearty chuckle to the end. "So you managed to convince some poor unfortunate lass that the wolf was worthy of being leashed?" While she was talking she was going through her desk drawer, he was in luck, she had three licences there with her. "Save my poor aching pegs man, and bring your lady up here so I can do it properly alright?"
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »

<<*radio transmission from Commander's Office*>>

"Copy that.  We'll be down in five."
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »

Col George Sanderson

George had been playing basket ball with one of the bigger US Marines on base. And with in two muinetes he had been smacked in the face and had a split lip and blood running from his left nostral. He walked in to the Chapel and pulled off his Maroon Para Berra and shoved it in to his BDU pocket. George wasnt a religious man, but the Chapel gave him a place to think. He nodded to Colonel McCarthy. "Padre." he said sitting down on one of the back seats.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »

{Colonel Francis 'Fran' McCarthy-Chaplain} NPC

"I'm not going anywhere Sean." Fran told him and stood from her desk, license in hand and a nice pen, one of her fathers in fact. She started walking into the chapel area proper, when one of her favorites came in, George. He had been a regular lately. Fran nodded at him and then followed behind and sat near him. At the tone of a whisper she spoke. "Who was it this time George, or more rightly what? Soccer? Basketball?" She pulled out a hanky and handed it to him. "I would put it to say, that our Lord sent you here, nice timing." That was a little cryptic, but then her former Air Force occupation of nearly twenty years ago taught her that."
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:58:29 PM »

<<From Commander's Office>>

Sean exited the elevator first as was custom for all senior-ranking officers to do so, and together with Ruby and Sarah made their way down the hall before entering the Base Chapel.  But what surprised him was seeing Col. Sanderson sitting towards the back of the chapel.  Sean nodded at the man, then looked at Colonel Francis.  "I apologize for the short notice, Padre, and normally you would want a bit more time to prepare for such an event.  We've an unexpected guest arriving soon, someone from an organization that we all don't particularly care for, and so this will have to be a short ceremony."  He held onto Sarah's hand.  "But as you can probably guess, Lieutenant Colonel Devlin was the one who managed to leash this old sea wolf, as you so quaintly put it, and we were strongly advised by a certain service secretary to tie the knot.  We don't have any rings, but we do plan on a more formal ceremony at some point in the near future."

Sean looked over his shoulder at Sanderson.  "You may as well be our other witness to this, Sanderson," he said to the British Detachment Commander.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:37:14 AM by Kendrall »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 05:40:55 AM »

Col George Sanderson

George took the hanky offered, but then passed it back, not wanting to get blood stains all over it. He then looked up as the Admiral arrived and jumped up as best he could with a salute. "Sir." he then looked around confused.

"Wait, sir, Im sure there is a rule against this somewhere." he shrugged. "Not trying to ruin this day for you sir, but you are one to stick to the rules. If you get Married wont one of you be transferred?" he shrugged a little He was talking to the guy who had busted Gunnery Sergeant Cooper back to Staff Sergeant for a kiss Lt Lawler had given him spur of the moment. SO if him and Sarah were getting married, they must have been fratanising some where down the line. but unlike Davidson George didnt stick to the rules like a bible so wasnt going to complain.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 08:38:11 AM »

Sarah did her best to keep up with Sean.  He was on a mission and when he got that like it wasn't always easy to keep up.  Although she liked this mission.  They were finally going to get married.  The young woman smiled when Sean mentioned that they would have a bigger ceremony later.  Good.  She wanted an excuse to wear a nice dress and be with all her friends.

Sarah's face paled at George's words.  "Oh, I hope not," she said, looking up at Sean.  Would they make one of them transfer?  She hadn't thought of that when she had agreed to marry Sean.  She didn't want to be separated from him.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »

Col George Sanderson

George looked at the Lt Col for a moment and shrugged. "Listen, I dont want to see you two broken up, but isnt that standered Operating Procedure in your armed forces? If your in a relationship with somebody else you cant be in the same chain of command?"

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

Lt Gen Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)
Secretary of the Navy Ramon Mobius (NPC)
Secretary of Defense Richard Gates III (NPC)

<<Jack, Gates, Mobius from Level 15>>

The elevator doors opened and all three men filed out, and walked down the corridor.  Voices could be heard coming from the open doors of the chapel, and at least two of them were distinctively British.  One male, one female.

"Not trying to ruin this day for you sir, but you are one to stick to the rules. If you get Married wont one of you be transferred?"

"Oh, I hope not,"

"Listen, I dont want to see you two broken up, but isnt that standered Operating Procedure in your armed forces? If your in a relationship with somebody else you cant be in the same chain of command?"

Gates looked at his two ertzwhile companions, then put on his most stern look, his offended face, and stepped through the doorway.  "While it's typically frowned upon for two married people to be in the same chain of command, Colonel Sanderson, let alone the same office; because Admiral Davidson chose Lieutenant Colonel Devlin to be his first officer, this places them in a very unique situation.  This however, does NOT excuse them from their irresponsible behavior while they were stationed together in Afghanistan."  Gates glared at them both, and Sean was already at attention; the former Navy SEAL already feeling his cheeks burn.  "And prior to my being appointed as the Secretary of Defense, my predecessor had one of his underlings revise the procedures for military personnel assignments to address the issue of having two people, both in the military, being a married couple.  I expect both Admiral Davidson and Lieutenant Colonel Devlin to carry out their duties as commissioned officers, and as the commanding officer and executive officer of Stargate Command.  While this may be considered as a 'combat zone'; that procedure doesn't state that either one of them has to be transferred.  Not unless they have children at some point, and can prove there's a hardship case.  But otherwise, they're expected to maintain decorum at all times, and that means refraining from any public displays of affection while in uniform.  I also expect them to behave, and for Admiral Davidson to not show any sign of favoritism towards his soon-to-be wedded wife."

"Earlier today, I had Secretary Mobius issue my ultimatum to Admiral Davidson and Lieutenant Colonel Devlin.  That's why they're here in this Chapel.  Rather than dismiss them both from service, especially in Admiral Davidson's case, they had the option of getting married instead.  Only I didn't expect it to be this soon.  Admiral, any reason why you and Lieutenant Colonel Devlin are doing this right now?"

Sean worked his jaw for a moment before answering.  "I received an email from Matthew Keller, sir.  One of the civilian contractors filed a complaint with the IOA about the orders he was given.  Mr Keller emailed me to inform me that while he wasn't pleased with my apparent lack of maintaining order, he was sending a representative to investigate.  That person is expected to arrive later today."

Mobius and Gates exchanged glances, and Jack nearly swore aloud.  "Damn him," Jack muttered under his breath, and Gates caught it.  "Excuse me, General?"

"It was Doctor Rodney McKay, sir," Jack said, clearly unhappy. "He must have contacted someone within the IOA, and Keller caught wind of it.  I told Doctor McKay that his orders to be assigned to the Saggitta came from the IOA themselves."

Gates shook his head.  "And did Admiral Davidson hand down those orders?"

"Aye, sir, I did," Sean replied.

Gates tsked.  "Get this little ceremony done as quickly as possible," he said to Sean and Sarah.  "Then come up with a plan to get this IOA rep the information he needs so he doesn't cause any trouble, but at the same time to keep him as preoccupied as possible.  How long will he or she be here for, Admiral?"

"Until Keller decides that the rep needs to leave, sir," Sean replied.

"Which basically means he's being attached to the SGC."  Gates started to muse thoughtfully, then looked at Colonel McCarthy.  "Padre, if you don't mind making this as quick as you can, after the ceremony I'll need to speak with our newlyweds in my office."  He then took a seat, and Mobius and Jack likewise found seats and waited.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:04:44 PM by Kendrall »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:10:37 PM »

Col George Sanderson

George pointed to the door and asked the Padre and the Admiral. "Do, do I have to be here?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 02:18:43 PM »

Sarah closed her eyes briefly.  George was right, she just hadn't thought about that.  She turned and quickly stood at attention when the doors opened to reveal a couple more guests.  Well, apparently this wedding was going to be bigger then either of them had thought.

"Sir, both the Admiral and myself will keep hands to ourselves and make sure that we are professional at all times."  She cast a glance at Sean.  "I've never known Admiral Davidson to play favorites and I highly doubt he'll start now."

She frowned slightly when Sean mentioned about the representative for the IOA coming.  Oh, this was not going to be good at all.  She had a feeling they were all soon to find themselves in hot water one way or another.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »

Lt Gen Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)
Secretary of the Navy Ramon Mobius (NPC)
Secretary of Defense Richard Gates III (NPC)

Jack was the one who spoke up when George asked his question about having to be here.

"Didn't realize you weren't one for weddings, Colonel," he said, somewhat amused at the Brit's unsettledness. "But no one's making you stay, either."  Sean shook his head and nodded at George, indicating that he was free to leave if he chose, then Sarah voiced her confirmation about behaving properly when Gates gave the soon-to-be-married pair a firm warning.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »

Col George Sanderson

George shrugged. "Well sir I..." he stopped reallising he was about to blurt out about Fred and Flynn. Fred had confided in him after asking 'Is it possible for you to marry some people.' Also Fred had been worrying about praposing to her and about wearing his fatuiges like he wanted and not a dress uniform as expected. So didn't want to be around more wedding people. "Never mind." he said giving a quick salute before nodding to the Secretary and headed out, wondering if the Secretary s found being saluted by the highest ranking british officer on base with a blood covered lip and face had affected there judgement of Sean, then decided if it did they were more than likely arse holes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

lethal-pageant