Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel  (Read 3424 times)

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kendrall A new starter.
  • Here, sort of.
Re: Stargate Command-Level 21-Chapel
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »

Lt Gen Jack O'Neill, USAF (NPC)
Secretary of the Navy Ramon Mobius (NPC)
Secretary of Defense Richard Gates III (NPC)

Sean didn't say anything when Sanderson started to speak, but was rather curious that the British Detachment Commander stopped in mid-sentence.  Jack, Gates, and Mobius all exchanged glances, but before Jack could say anything he heard a "never mind" followed by a salute then a nod to one of the Secretaries before the Brit departed.

Gates shook his head.  "I wasn't aware that I was that unpopular," he blanched, and Sean cleared his throat.  An eyebrow arched over the Secretary of Defense's eye, which prompted Sean to ask, "Permission to speak freely, sir?"

"Go ahead, Admiral.  This should be good."

"About six months ago, there was an incident that I was witness to.  I had to officially reprimand two people under my command for violating the fraternization policy.  Over a public display of affection."

"What was this...'display of affection'?"

"A kiss, sir.  A deliberate kiss.  Instead of charging First Lieutenant Lawler and Gunnery Sergeant Cooper with violating the no-fraternization rule, I would have probably just given them a verbal reprimand had the lieutenant not been insubordinate towards me and towards Lieutenant Colonel Devlin.  Lawler didn't exactly leave me with a whole lot of options with her attitude."

Gates had to think about that one, when Mobius spoke up.  "Ah, that was why you didn't recommend her for promotion to Captain.  Although you never said anything about the fraternization, just the fact she was insubordinate and was displaying conduct unbecoming of an officer.  Twice in one day."  Mobius shook his head. "You realize, Admiral, that by withholding that information, I could always have you charged with conduct unbecoming of a flag officer."

"I wanted to keep that off of Lawler's record, sir.  I wanted to give her a chance to redeem herself.  As for Gunnery Sergeant Cooper, I felt it best to bust him down to E-5 as I thought he knew better than to let himself be drawn in like that.  He's recently been re-promoted to E-6, and is trying his hardest to regain his former rank."

"Where are they now, Admiral?"

"SG-Eight's been dispatched with SG-Twelve off-world, sir.  Trying to track down a warlord, from what I understand."

Gates narrowed his eyes as if thinking hard, then nodded.  "Admiral, provided that rep doesn't try anything foolish, I want Lawler promoted to Captain and Cooper's former rank reinstated as soon as they return.  I'll have Mobius draw up the paperwork."

"Aye, aye, sir."
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 196
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »

Radio transmission from the gate

"This is Bradley, at the gate. The IOA representative... he's here. Name of Nicholas Devore."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »

Sarah's eyes widened and she glanced at Sean.  "Uh-oh," she said.  Now what were they going to do?  Sean would have to meet with the IOA representative.  Yet they hadn't had time to actually perform the wedding ceremony.  Oh what a mess.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »

After being interrupted, then having people talk over the top of her head, really ticked Fran off. She was a patient god fearing woman, but this was her chapel, her turf and no one, not even the President had authority over her in here. "Shut the hell up all of you. George!" She yelled at the man's back. "Come back here please." Fran took a deep breath. "Now I don't give a rat's behind of what has gone on before today, or what will happened tomorrow or the day after that. When you come into my chapel, you do so with all the respect it deserves. That means in a word...silence unless I speak to you. Have you all got that? Now, Sean and Sarah, I need to speak with you both alone, in my office. The rest of you may sit and wait if you wish... in silence!" Yeah, she was p*ssed.
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »

Sean simply closed his eyes and shook his head.  Sanderson, as competent of a commissioned officer as he was, always had a mind of his own.  Sure, it was never a bad thing to be somewhat independent-minded, but to blatantly disregard the Chaplain like that was just asking for trouble.  In his opinion.

Not exactly the type of person the head of Stargate wanted in a subordinate as a possible candidate to replace him, when it was time to step down. 

Jack, Gates, and Mobius all looked at each other, then looked over at the Chaplain when she issued her order for silence.  It was her domain, so they pretty much all shrugged and nodded.  Sean, in the meantime, started to usher Sarah into Colonel McCarthy's office.
"Always remember...watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »

Sarah glanced back at George as he started to walk out.  "Colonel Sanderson, could you please come back?" she asked.  She liked the guy after all.  He was nice.  Her face flushed slightly though when it was obvious that Fran was ticked.  Never a good thing.  She quietly let Sean lead into the office, wondering just what Fran needed to speak to them about.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »

Col George Sanderson

George walked back in and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine." He said sitting at the back behind everything. Away from everybody. He closed his eyes and lent back and though about all the thinge Fred had asked him about marriages. even though George had no idea. he had a partner, but wasnt married, so didnt know. But he would ask the Padre about it after everybody else was done.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »

"Don't you even think about leaving." Francis told George before she followed the other two. Once the two of them were within her office, Fran closed the door quietly and went behind her desk. "Sit down please, Sarah, Sean. There are a few things we need to go over, one or two of those are by-laws of the state, the other personal questions that as your chaplain I am obliged to ask you. Once we've done that, we'll call two witnesses in, then if I am satisfied, you'll be man and wife withing the hour." Just like that, no fuss, no pack drill. But then that is Francis, that is who she was.
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »

Once inside the Chaplain's office, Sean helped Sarah get seated, then took the seat to her right.  He nodded at Colonel McCarthy, ready to go over the by-laws of the State of Colorado and to answer any questions she may have.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

Sarah gave George a quick smile, glad that he had come back.  She hadn't meant to chase him out of the chapel after all.  She then followed Fran and Sean into the office.  Sarah slid into the offered chair and gave Fran her full attention.  "Of course.  What do you need to ask?" she asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »

"I hate beaurocracy don't you?"
Fran started as she opened a drawer on her desk. The marriage license she had in her hand and laid it out in front of them. "It's standard procedure, nothing to be concerned with really, simply put the State of Colorado wants to know that the two of you are meant for each other and won't head off to Tijuana  for a quicky divorce next week." From the drawer she took out a simple question and answer form that she would submit to the State Licensing Board immediately after the ceremony, that is after two others signed it apart from the newly weds. "How long have you known each other?" That was the first of a few questions.
Far Dareis Mai

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »

"Padre," Sean said with a heavy sigh, "I've dealt with bureaucracy for nearly forty years.  If you count my time at the Naval Academy.  Never did care much for politicians, nor politics in general.  But it's a game that, as a flag officer, I have to play almost every day unless I happen to be on some personal time-off.  Which, these days, is extremely rare."  He shook his head.  "I'll just be glad once this IOA rep who's now on-site is satisfied enough that he sends an all-clear report to his boss, so I can get back to being a commanding officer again."

Sean listened as Colonel McCarthy explained the gist of the by-laws, that neither him nor Sarah were planning on a Mexican divorce within the week.  He couldn't help but grunt with contempt at the prospect, but looked at his executive officer and wife-to-be at the first question.  Just how long had they known each other, anyway?  By his estimate, it was at least since 2003, when they'd first met in the Middle East.  "I'd say probably eight years, at least," he said after a moment's thought.  "Definitely not less than seven, though."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »

Sarah relaxed in her chair a bit once Fran said that it was just routine questions.  That should be simple enough at least.  She was caught off guard by Fran's first question.  She wrinkled her brow a bit as she tried to remember exactly when they had met.  "I would think closer to eight," she agreed with Sean.  Had it really been that long?  It didn't feel that way.

Sarah shook her head.  "I'm not playing on running off anytime soon," she answered with a smile, nudging Sean's side.  She would have his head if he even thought about doing that.

Kendrall

• Captain
  • Here, sort of.
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »

Sean leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment.  It definitely seemed like a lifetime ago, when he and Sarah first met and wound up in each other's arms, outside of prying eyes.  That relationship burned out, but there was still the proverbial glowing embers that remained.  Now that the fire had been rekindled, it was more of a steady flame this time around.  But she was right.  It was closer to eight, and Sean nodded his agreement.  "Sounds about right."  He then looked at Colonel McCarthy.  "Eight years, then."

He felt his fiancee nudge him and declare that she wasn't planning on running off anytime soon, and he turned to give her a mock glare.  "You go running off, Sarah Devlin, and I'll find you no matter where you may try and hide."  Sean's mock glare turned to a playful wink.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »

Fran tapped her lips with her BIC pen, hmmming as she did so. She looked up and eyed both of them. "Eight years huh? So I would have to say the both of you have known each other intimately? That's off the books by the way. Alright, both of you. I'll sign off the waiver, as I'm satisfied you meet the requirements of the state, Sean, go call Jack and George in here please, they have to physically witness the two of your signatures." She slid the licence over to them with a fine ink pen.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5